- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Amber brings her friend, Ashley to FDA for moral support, but neglects to tell her what the restaurant serves. She meets an old friend, and things get awkward.

Ashley and Amber FDA Approved

 

Ashley was hanging out at home one Friday when her best friend Amber came over. She had that look people get when they are going to ask a favor and are scared of rejection.

 

"Are you busy tonight?" She asked, obviously testing the waters.

 

"No, why?" Ashley wasn't sure if she should be worried or not.

 

"I was wanting to go to this new restaurant/club/bar that opened up down the road, but I don't want to go alone. It's called Forbidden Dish. Heard of it?" Amber asked. Ashley shook her head, "Well I've been waiting for a long time for a place like this to open up. I have to go check it out. We can have a few drinks, check out the food, and check out the guys,"

 

Ashley had never seen Amber look so desperate. She usually dripped confidence. This must be really important to her.  She couldn't say no; not like that.  So she gave in despite having no idea what she was talking about. " I guess I could go.  How bad can the food be?"  She was wondering why the restaurant had such an odd title; Fried up scorpions, pig babies wrapped in veal, what was so forbidden?

 

Amber lit up, "Thank you! Thank you! You're the only friend I really trust and I need someone who can back me up," She went from cheerful to a little worried, "It's going to be a bit weird. You can just have drinks and the normal stuff if the other thing makes you uncomfortable, I just need you there for support and maybe to take pictures," 

 

Ashley was a bit baffled,  "Um, alright.  Its good to know they have 'normal' items to eat just in case."  She laughed, "Take pictures, alright, that I can do!"  She smiled at her friend.

 

"I'll see you at six tonight. I'll drive just in case you want to drink," Amber said hugging Ashley tightly, "thankyouthankyouthankyou," Then she was off until six leaving Ashley unsure of what she just agreed to.

 

Ashley kept herself busy with a book the rest of the afternoon.  It was always wonderful to get away from the world for several hours. 

 

Amber's car pulled up at five fifty. It was rare for her to be early for anything. She knocked on the door and when Ashley opened it she looked excited, "Ready to go?" she asked. She was wearing a low cut midriff shirt, and a short skirt that flirted with flashing every time she moved. She had no shame, but luckily Ashley was there to pick up the slack and feel embarrassed for her.

 

"Is this how we are expected to dress?"  She asked in shock.  She didn't even own anything that would be remotely revealing.  As far as she knew the best thing she had in her closet was just plain "clean clothes,"  and that was it. "I don't think I have anything remotely like that," 

 

"What you have on is fine. I'm just hoping to get lucky tonight. From what I understand the dress code is pretty lax," They drove to Forbidden dish in Amber's car singing along to the radio. It was in Austin, so it was about an hour drive.

 

It was a simple brick restaurant on the outside. There was a long line of people leading up to it. A bouncer was carding them before letting them in. The state of dress varied from suits and dresses, to almost nothing. Some people were dressed outright gaudy; others were just in their street clothes. As they drew closer to the door, Amber seemed less and less able to contain herself.

 

"This one is a branch of the original back east. It just opened up a few months ago! I couldn't afford to go all the way over there. I'm so excited that they made one near us!"

 

Near was not a term Ashley would have used.  Near would have been in the town where she lived, not an hour away.  But it was important to Amber.  She just would keep this hanging over her head when she wanted to taker her to the Comicon if Amber balked.

 

 "Well I'm happy for you that you get to try this place out.  I know how it feels to want something so much and want to take your best friend,” She smiled at Amber's enthusiasm. They got to the front of the line, were carded and entered without trouble. After seeing the way the outside looked Ashley was expecting a loud club, but was instead met with what looked like an upscale restaurant. The hostess looked out of place due to her Austenite style, but the red carpets, dim lighting, white tablecloths and podium made a strange contrast to the guests attending.

 

 The hostess had short cropped red hair, horned rimmed glasses, and two full sleeves of tattoos. She wore a black shirt with Forbidden Dish Austin on it in red that didn't cover her pierced navel. All the black accentuated her paleness.

 

"Welcome F-D-A. First time?"

 

They both nodded.

 

"Pred or prey?"

 

"Definitely pred," Amber said. The Hostess handed her a blue bracelet that looked like it would glow in a black light then turned to Ashley. Amber mouthed, “Say pred,”

 

"Um, pred?" She was also handed a strange blue bracelet.

 

"My name is Astrid. If you have any questions don't be shy. Your waitress or I will happily answer them. Enjoy your stay,"

 

A bored looking pale girl with long black hair wearing a black corset, black skirt, and nothing much else said, "Hi welcome to Forbidden Dish, I'm Joy, I'll be your server," She sounded like she had been saying it all day. She guided them to an empty table and they were seated, "I'll give you time to look at the menus. There's a bar over there, full menu all day, a dance club upstairs, and another bar. Feel free to walk around. You may ask anyone with a red band to volunteer, if someone has a green band like this," She pointed to hers, "They are staff and will answer your questions. I will be right back to take your orders,"

 

She left before they had time to ask or say anything. Amber was looking around excitedly, but before Ashley could explore she saw a high school friend she hadn't seen in a while. Jonas saw them and recognizing Ashley, he came to the table. Ashley couldn't help but notice he had a red band on his right arm.

 

"Hey, it's been a while. Mind if I sit with you?" He asked.

 

"Go for it!" Ashley said.  She was excited to see him; another Troopie (Which is what they called the theatre troop) from a few years ago. She always wondered what happened to the rest of the gang.  "How've you been?  You live in Austin or are you visiting?" She asked. 

 

"Oh my manners!  This is Amber. She brought me here.  We've never been before,” Ashley smiled at the two of them.

 

She noticed Jonas looking at both of their bands, "Mine too, um, obviously. Once I found out that they'd opened this place I had to check it out, you know, just like you two did I'm sure. I'm really glad to see you here Ashley,"

 

Ashley was feeling nervous and didn’t know what to talk about, so she perused the menu,” Some of these dishes have odd names to them with no explanation.  I wonder what they are."  She noticed the regular food did have descriptions.  It seemed odd to her.  She glanced up at the other two, "You aren't looking at the menu. Do you already know what you want?"

 

Amber said, "Boy do I. I'll leave you two alone to catch up while I go find it,"

 

"Um, that's what I wanted to talk to you about," Jonas said, "I was hoping you would choose me. I don't mean to be too forward, but you have been on my list since high school. I can't see it as an accident that we are both here,"

 

That statement made no sense at all!  "Choose?" She asked bewildered.  "What do you mean choose?"   She looked at the menu and stated confused still, "I was thinking about trying their Hawaiian burger but are we supposed to have someone chose our meal for us here?" The food looked expensive for what it was. She hoped it was good.

 

Jonas turned pale then grabbed the space between his eyes and just above his nose, "You only came because your friend wanted to go right?"

 

Ashley nodded.

 

"She didn't tell you anything did she?"

 

She shook her head.

 

"I can't believe she'd do that! I'm sorry, but that wasn't very nice of her. I guess I'll try to explain this place to you. Try to be patient. This has always been the hardest part for me. Explaining this to friends. I've only done it twice, and that had nothing to do with the restaurant. Being here just makes it harder," He stopped for a while and tried to calm down. Whatever he was trying to say seemed to strain him, "First I must say that whatever you see, you must understand, everybody involved is doing willingly," He sighed in frustration again, "Remember how I wrote that play about Jack the Giant Killer, but I made it a tragedy?"

 

She remembered. She had to help rig the hands for the giant's vengeful wife. It was a very creative script even if it was a bit dark. The giant's wife had swallowed Jack in revenge. She nodded.

 

"Well, I kind of used these ideas as a basis for that play. I've though about them since I was a little kid,"

 

Before he could finish Amber sat back down with a man wearing a red band.

 

"Ashley, Jonas, this is Harry, Harry, this is Ashley and Jonas," She smiled and sort of bounced in her chair looking giddy, "Harry said he'd be happy to volunteer for me," She let out a squeal.

 

Joy came by and dropped off papers for Harry and Jonas. Harry started going through them immediately, Jonas on the other hand stared at them longingly, shook his head, then glared at Amber, "You didn't tell her," he said, "You let her come here without knowing,"

 

"Relax, she knows she doesn't have to participate if she doesn't want to. I just didn't want to come alone," Amber said, "Go ahead and sign your papers. If she doesn't want you, I'll take you," She said hopefully.

 

Before He could answer Joy popped up.

 

"Ok, are we done with our papers?" Harry handed Joy his. Amber had signed one page, and he had signed the rest. Joy looked at Jonas impatiently.

 

"Um, I'll hold onto these for a bit," Jonas said.

 

"ok," Joy said. She drew it out, "Anybody want anything from the menu?"

 

"I'll take a Fat Tire," Harry said, Jonas shook his head,

 

"I'll have two Smirnoff’s, "Amber said," Joy rolled her eyes, and turned to Ashley,

 

"A sprite." Ashley said.  Now she was a bit peeved at Amber.  What did she not tell her?  She shot her a,” What did you drag me into?” stare. She definitely wasn't going to drink now.

 

"Ok, sure. I'll be right back with those drinks. You two can go to the booths whenever you want," She said pointing to Amber and Harry before vanishing again.

 

"So, what did I walk into?" She asked?  She was now afraid of the answer but she needed to know.  Apparently this wasn't a nonchalant thing that Amber had previously made it out to be if she was avoiding answering directly. 

 

"I've gotta pee," Amber said getting up, "Be back in a bit,"

 

"Oh no you don't." Ashley said and stood up.  She looked at Jonas and smiled. "Excuse us for a moment and thank you for being honest.  Now I have to go pull some teeth I think,” She followed after Amber.

 

Amber slowed for her to catch up, but when they were nearly at the restrooms something caught her eye. At a nearby table two young women were chatting over their plates. Each plate had a tiny man on it. They were somewhere between an inch and two inches tall. She had to stop and stare to figure out if she was really seeing what she thought she was.

 

She didn't even hear Amber walk up behind her, "Don't worry, they volunteered for it," she said, "It's completely legal. That's what all the paperwork is for,"

 

Ashley whirled around on her friend.  "There it is again.  The 'completely legal volunteer' bit with no explanation. I need full answers as to what it is I'm supposed to "know" about this place.  Because apparently I'm the only one in here who doesn't know what’s going on and I'm not sure if that’s going to get me into trouble or not,” She was fuming.

 

"Bathroom, now," Amber said pulling Ashley along.

 

Amber shut the door behind them.

 

"Ok, I'm sorry I didn't explain things before we came, but I panicked. Here's the thing. This place has special machines that can be used to shrink someone to a tiny size like you saw out there. Certain people, like your friend Jonas, I guess, want to be shrunk. They are given red bands when they come in, and certain people," She smiled sheepishly and blushed a bit, "want to, um, that is, every since I was I kid," She stopped and closed her eyes composing herself, "I've always wondered what it would be like to swallow a tiny person, and here I've found a place where it is not only permitted, but people willingly come to be swallowed, not only that, but they pay to be swallowed. I couldn't pass it up, but I was scared to come alone. I know I'm horrible, but you're the only person I could trust with this. I tried telling one of my boyfriends once and he dumped me outright," She was talking really fast and running out of breath. She was in tears, and her makeup was all smeared.

 

"Okokokok shh shshshshshshh," Ashley said, patting Amber on her back gently as she hugged her.  She used this moment to let what she said sink in.  She really wasn't sure what to make of it though.  It was too surreal,  "You don't have to cry.  I can't promise I understand but the thing is I've never seen any of this so I have to have some time to think. I'm not going to push you away,” She wiped the smudges from her friend's eyes with a wet paper towel.

 

Amber sniffed, "It's ok if you don't understand. We don't either, but how can you deny your dream if it is handed to you? Just try to be here and don't panic. I know it's a bit much, but I really need this. Besides, I think Jonas would like it if you helped him,"

 

"Helped him?" She said confused.  "I'll sit with you."  She still couldn't wrap her head around it.  Maybe it was a defense mechanism her mind wasn't letting her understand fully. 

 

Amber fixed her makeup in the mirror, and then they headed back to their seats talking about other things to lighten the mood. When they got back Jonas was just finishing his paperwork. He saw them approaching looking happier than when they left and smiled,

 

"So, did you tell her?" He asked. Amber nodded.

 

"That still leaves one question," He said tapping the pen against the paper, "Who's name goes in the blank?"

 

Ashley stared at them all.  She knew what they wanted, but it wasn't what she wanted.  She looked apologetic.  "I'm sorry, but it is too much to ask when I've never even heard of any of this before,"  She looked genuinely remorseful that she couldn't be what they all wanted.

 

Jonas looked crestfallen, but he handed the paperwork to Amber, "Please don't be offended," he said as she took the paper, "You're beautiful and all, I just had a crush on Ashley since school and got my hopes up,"

 

"Don't worry," Amber said, "The fact that you two are willingly doing this at all is flattering to me," She signed the paper and waved Joy over. She took the paper and put their drinks on the table.

 

"Any food orders?" Joy asked. Amber, Jonah, and Harry shook their heads.

 

Ashley sat there for a moment then shook her head.  Her appetite was gone now.  But she had to admit she too was curious to see tiny people, just not...eat...them.

 

"Ok then. You are free to do whatever. If you need anything, just ask," Joy said and headed off before anything could be said.

 

Harry had already finished his beers and Amber drank one of her Smirnoffs. Jonah and Ashley waited for them to finish.

 

"Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready," Amber said looking happy and eager. The two men nodded slowly. They didn't quite seem to be in as much of a hurry.

 

"Let's get in line then," Amber said. They walked to the back of the restaurant. There were four long lines. Not being able to see a difference in any of them they just went to the nearest one.

 

Jonah stood awkwardly and cleared his throat, "I'm sorry if I put you on the spot earlier, Ashley. I didn't know you didn't know, you know?"

 

She smiled up at him.  "It wasn't your fault.  I'm glad to have gotten to see you again.  I wish we had met under different circumstances, if you had said something about liking me before, we may have lived different lives.  But you always were such a great friend and I always liked being around you,"

 

He smiled at that, "Yeah me too. Maybe it's for the best that I didn't though. We probably would have still ended up here and you would be even more distraught,"

 

The line was steadily moving forward. Men and women went in, but mostly women came back out. Some had tiny men with them; others didn't but had sheepish grins. Some went in and didn't come out for a while, but when they did, they came out alone.

 

Ashley wasn't anywhere near comfortable with this.  She fidgeted in the line.  Having a difficult time thinking fully about it so she kept her mind preoccupied with other things.  She studied the layout of the restaurant and watched the waitresses.  She never saw a male waiter no matter how hard she looked.

 

The line finally went into a door that led to a small room. There was a glass booth, like a tube shaped phone booth in the center with an operator sitting by machinery beside it. A narrow hall in the back of the room led to a line of doors that couldn't be seen clearly from here. They approached the booth and the operator ushered Harry in. She was a white girl with dreads and Rastafarian colors. She smelled of Patchouli oil.  Once he was in she shut and locked the door.

 

"Ok, are you sure you want to do this? Last chance to back out before you are shrunk," The operator said.

 

"Yeah I'm sure," Harry said. He was shaking with excitement. Amber was too. Ashley could see her trying to stand in a way that caused the least rubbing.

 

"Ok, here goes," The operator said. She pushed a red button on the machine and there was a flash of light. When the light cleared all that was in the machine was a pile of clothes. The operator opened the booth.

 

"Congratulations, you are now FDA approved. You can pick him up yourself if you want," She said to Amber. Amber eagerly dug through the clothes until she found the tiny man. The operator picked up the clothes and dropped them down a chute.

 

"Next please," The operator said.

 

"Oh, yeah, that's me," Jonas said, "Thank you for trying to understand," He said to Ashley, "I know it sounds crazy from the other end, but being so close I can't just not do it,"

 

She nodded.  What could she say?  She didn't think he'd not do it if she pleaded, he'd still go through with it but in a worse mood. She looked at the machine and everything it entailed from the inside to the out until they shut the door.

 

Jonas stood in the center of the booth looking back and forth between Amber and Ashley as the operator locked the door. Amber had a greedy look in her eyes. One that Ashley had never seen.

 

"Ok, last chance to back out. Are you sure you want to do this? Once I push the button you will shrink," She said with practice.

 

He continued looking back and forth between the two women, swallowed hard and said, "do it,"

 

The operator pushed the button and there was another flash of light. When the light cleared she opened the booth and looked at Ashley.

 

"Congratulations. You are now FDA approved. You can grab him yourself if you want,"

 

She was hesitant.  She was not sure that she should, but someone would and Amber was already cradling one man in her hands.  She felt odd daintily picking the folds out of the way to pluck Jonas from it delicately.  She was very afraid she'd break something on him.  She cupped him like you would a mouse to protect it from the world, unsure of what to do now.  She looked at Amber, then at Jonas with a question in her eyes.

 

"Let's take them back to our table," Amber said in a low husky voice. (Was she drooling?)

 

"Aren't we going to get a private room?" Harry asked.

 

"No, that sounds too skeevy," Amber said. She walked pretty fast almost skipping. Ashley walked more carefully in order to avoid jarring Jonas. Amber sat down smiling.

 

"Just put that over here next to my drink," She said pointing to Jonas, "Get the camera out and get ready to take a picture,"

 

"But don't I get to explore your body?" Harry asked.

 

"Nah, I just feel like eating my snack, finishing my drink, and going home. It's a long drive, and I don't want to be out too late,"

 

Ashley watched her friend, a bit appalled,  "It?" She asked, setting Jonas down near herself,  "But they're men. 'He' is the appropriate term,” She hadn't seen Amber act this way before.  She looked down at Jonas apologetically.  She would have given the same look to Harry but his back was to her.

 

Jonas looked worried but said nothing.

 

"Technically, after they sign the paperwork, they are only food product. It is the proper nomenclature," Amber said dangling Harry above her mouth, "About that camera,"

 

Ashley grabbed Amber's phone that had a good camera on it, 8mb in fact and took the picture.  She didn't look happy about it though.  She put her phone back on her side of the table and looked down at Jonas.  "Do you still want to do this or should we get this reversed?" She asked him with high hopes.

 

Amber slid Harry into her mouth and savored his flavor while Ashley was talking to Jonas.

 

"I, um, I don't know. This isn't how I saw it happening," He said.

 

Amber had swallowed Harry. Her cheeks were bright red and she had a dreamy look in her eyes.

 

"Wow, you really can feel them moving. It's all that I ever hoped it would be," She said as she popped open the top of her Zima and took a sip, "It'll be even better with two," She said grabbing Jonas.

 

"Wait!" He yelled. She took another sip of Zima and raised him above her head.

 

"He said wait!" Ashley looked exasperated at her friend who was way too eager.

 

"Did he?" Amber asked looking at Jonas with disappointment.

 

Jonas nodded. The fear was plain on his face.

 

"Oh, pooh," She said, "Are you sure?"

 

"Yes! Very!" Jonas said.

 

She sat him down on the table looking like a kid that was told no. She pouted at him giving him puppy dog eyes.

 

"Please?" She asked.

 

"I can't go through with it. Sorry," He said. It was strange to see someone apologizing for not letting someone else kill him.

 

"I only ate the first one so fast because I thought I was going to get two," She said still pleading with him; making her eyes big and sad while pouting. Jonas went to Ashley’s side of the table. Amber flagged Joy over.

 

"Thanks," He said, "I really don't think she was going to stop," He looked contemplative, ”Could you do me one last favor before I go back? Since I'm not going to find out what it's like to get eaten could I at least find out what it's like to be in your mouth? I'd ask her, but I don't think she can control herself,"

 

Ashley thought about it.  She wasn't really comfortable with the idea but if it helped him get closure.  (A naked man in my mouth?)  She supposed it could be worse.  She picked him up hesitantly, opening her mouth.  She wasn't sure about this as she lowered him.  She didn't close her mouth though, it felt too weird already and she was trying not to make any sudden moves.  She closed off the back of her mouth by clamping her esophagus and tongue to make sure he didn't 'slip' down.

 

"Woah!" He said when she moved her tongue.

 

"Sorry," She said before thinking causing him to fall again.

 

"Don't worry about it," He said as he tried to stand and fell on all fours again, "This is the best experience of my life!"

 

She could feel his tiny hands and feet moving to right himself on her tongue. There wasn't really a sensation to compare it to. It wasn't like an insect had flown into her mouth. It didn't feel poky like that. She could taste his skin. It tasted like when you lick your own hand. Even with her attempts to stay still she would twitch a bit every now and then and it would be enough to make him fall.

 

Amber looked on wistfully as she finished her drink.

 

Joy showed up looking bored, "How may I help you?"

 

"Um, this guy changed his mind," Amber said pointing to Ashley’s mouth.

 

Ashley got a sudden shock as she took Jonas from her mouth. It felt like someone had dropped a grain of salt on her tongue. He was red all over. She shook her head for a second as she figured her taste buds were reacting to the "foreign" matter in her mouth.  She didn't give another thought to it as she placed him on the table and handed him a napkin.  At least these were cloth.

 

Since Ashley didn't seem to know what happened, Jonas didn't volunteer the information. It was embarrassing enough that it happened in the first place.

 

"So, uh, are you seeing anybody right now?" He asked.

 

She shook her head and smiled at him, "I'm on Facebook if you want to look me up.  I don't know where they put your clothes or phone but I can give you my number when you get back to normal,” She rather liked the idea.

 

"I'll send you a request when I get back," He said. He turned to Joy, "How long does it take to get changed back?"

 

"It takes a while," She said a slight smile on her lips, "We use the same machines for both processes and since shrinking is where our money comes from, it takes precedence," She pointed to the long lines, "Ya'll didn't come here together did you?" They all shook their heads.

 

"I came in my own car," Jonas said.

 

"Good," Joy said, "You might not want to wait up for him. It's a weekend and those lines are going to be packed pretty late,"

 

"I guess I'll see you around then," Jonas said to Ashley, "It was nice meeting you, Amber, sorry I couldn't give you what you wanted,"

 

"There's still time," Amber said.

 

Jonas laughed. Joy picked him up, "Let's get you to the line before you end up having to wait even longer," She said as she headed out.

 

"See you around," Ashley said. Joy vanished toward the back of the restaurant.

 

"Well, that was fun," Amber said, "Next time I think I'll get three right off the bat. We've gotta get you one too," She said smiling,"

 

Ashley shook her head.  "Not my cup of tea, thank you.  I'll stick with burgers and chicken I believe,"  She didn't like this place much.  She couldn't shake the feeling it was cannibalism no matter how pretty they decked it up.  It’s the same reason it isn't looked well upon when farmers feed their cows chopped up cow.  But she wasn’t going to say that out loud to Amber.

 

"Lets get going unless you were wanting to stay around for something."  She was hoping to get home but if her friend wanted to try the club she'd stay for that.

 

 

"I still want a few drinks. Let's go check out the club," Amber said. They went upstairs and found a dark room with strobe lights and backlights all over the place. There was another bar and a stage for dancing. Some of the wait staff were dancing on the stage and leading men away between songs. They had a few drinks but nothing too crazy. Amber still had to drive and they didn't want to be there too late. They were surprised to realize that they had hung out in the club for over an hour. They went downstairs and walked to the car in the cool night air, "My place is closer. Are you busy tomorrow?" Amber asked.

 

"Nope," Ashley responded,  "Why?" she asked.

 

"You can stay at my place tonight, and I’ll drop you off tomorrow afternoon," She said,

 

“Sure. It’s been forever since we’ve done anything like that,” Ashley said. Amber drove slowly the whole way and mercifully they weren't pulled over. They made it safely to Amber's house, and she fumbled with the keys until she managed to unlock the door. Ashley noticed that the keyhole was badly scratched. Amber must crawl home often.

 

"Make yourself at home. I gotta go to the bathroom for a bit," Amber said.

 

Ashley flopped down on the couch, stretched out her legs, and immediately fell asleep.

 

After Ashley had fallen asleep, Amber snuck from the restroom to her bedroom. She fell backwards onto her bed and reached down to work her panties off. Her hand bumped into something that moved on her skirt. She gasped. She looked down and saw a tiny person clinging to her skirt. She lifted him up and was shocked to see that it was Jonas.

 

Amber smiled at this unexpected delight,  "How'd you get here?  Weren't you supposed to go to the booths?" She asked him.

 

 

"Amber! I'm so glad you saw me," Jonas said, "I've been riding your skirt since the restaurant. I need you to get Ashley. I've got to get help. It's all a scam. Joy told me she was taking me back to the booths and brought me to a sort of containment unit between the dirty and clean dishes. There were a bunch of other guys there who had also changed their minds. The wait staff told us it was where we were supposed to wait until a machine cleared up. Every now and then new people would be put in or taken out, but I started to get suspicious when I saw the waitresses that were taking the men checking the amount they took against ticket stubs. I really started to worry when I saw Joy walk by and just pop one of the men into her mouth. She kept walking like nothing happened. When one of the waitresses leaned in to get a few guys I clung to her jacket that hung over the edge. If she had seen me I would have been put back into the container. She walked by you and Ashley, and I dove for you. I've been hanging on trying to get your attention ever since," He looked at her for a while letting this soak in.

 

"Go get Ashley, please. I need help,"

 

"Alright. Just sit tight." Amber said as she went to the living room. She stopped herself from saying something once she saw Ashley was stretched out on the couch. Her head was tilted backwards slightly over the armrest, her mouth agape as she snored.  She smiled at the sight.

 

Turning, she went back to the bathroom.  "Well she's asleep right now.  So I will take you to her but you have to be extremely quiet.  I don't want her waking up and ruining the surprise. 

 

Jonas nodded.

 

She picked him up and took him out to where Ashley lay.  She remained in the same position.  Amber came up real quiet and got real close, and then dangled Jonas over the open mouth.

 

"Wait! What are you--" He didn't have a chance to finish as she quickly dropped him.  Ashley reflexively closed her mouth and swallowed. She then gave a cough before turning over and resuming her sleep.  She kept swallowing for another minute.

 

Amber grinned. "Guess you got what you wanted after all,” She said softly then went to brush her teeth and finish what she started before finding her tiny passenger. Her need was at the boiling point at the thought of what she just did. It was even hotter for her than eating what’s his face at the club.

 

She was coming down from the afterglow when she heard the lightswitch click in the bathroom, then it clicked back off a short time later and Ashley’s silhouette appeared in the doorframe. Amber was glad she had already put on the covers. She hoped she wasn’t too noisy.

 

"I think something doesn't agree with my stomach.  I woke up to it feeling like something was fluttering around in it,” Ashley said, "I took an antacid. Hope you don’t mind,"

 

Amber smiled, "You probably just drank too much. The feeling should be gone in the morning,” She felt hot just thinking about it. If Ashley went to sleep soon, she could go again.

 

Ashley thought about Jonas and smiled, "I can't say I'll ever go back to that place again, but at least some good came of it," She said dreamily.  "I can't wait to hear from Jonas.  I think we can hit it off, make something of this down the road."

 

"Yeah, you are definitely closer than most couples I know," Amber responded  "Good night,"

 

"You too," Ashley said as she went to the couch to sleep.  She dreamed of Jonas the whole night.

 

Chapter End Notes:

as always, critique and comments are appreciated.