- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hey folks! I'm a long time lurker, but I figured I should do my part and make a contribution to this community. So far this story is going to focus a lot on hands (as the title implies), but I might bring in other body parts too. 

As this is my first story, please feel free to give me some comments on what I can do better. Hope you all enjoy!

Author's Chapter Notes:

Our narrator wakes up in a new world, begins his exploration, and begins to understand his new reality.

As I woke up, I had only one thought.


 


Something wasn't right.


 


I found myself on a hard brown surface that looked to stretch into infinity. There was plenty of light, but I had no idea where it was coming from. Scattered around me were innumerable large lighter brown boulders of all sizes. Most of them were bigger than me, including a good number that were easily twice as tall as me. It was then that I finally noticed an important fact which should've been obvious; I was naked, and my clothes were nowhere to be found. All the while, there as a constant dull rumbling off in the distance. There was light all around me, but I couldn't see the sun. That by itself was odd, until I looked at the horizon and saw positively enormous structures hundreds of miles away. Because they were so far away, all I could see were vague outlines of shapes, but I knew for sure they were many times taller than any mountain I had seen. “What the hell happened to me last night,” I asked my dumbfounded self. No matter how hard I wracked my brain, I was left berift of any memories save what had just transpired.


As I pondered my present predicament, I felt the ground shake slightly. “Great,” I thought to myself, “on top of this weirdness, now I have to deal with earthquakes? I felt the earth quake again, a little stronger this time. Then again, and then yet another time, each time a little more violent than the last. It quickly came to a point where I was unable to stand up for more than a couple of seconds, so I allowed myself to go limp and bounce around with the rest of the boulders. “How can there be earthquakes like this in the Midwest...” My thoughts were cut short when I saw a shape far taller than anything else I could see come into view. While its moves appeared languid, I could tell it was moving incredibly fast, and each time it slowed slightly the earth threw me up into the air, only to have me painfully crash back down again.


Once it moved closer, the shape looked vaguely familiar, almost like...a person? After two more earth upheavals (this time accompanied by thunderous explosions), I was absolutely certain that the behemoth moving towards me was in fact a person. Based on the twin mountainous protrusions from the chest area, I assumed this person was a woman. I could see the sea of blue that was her shirt, her long brown hair that flowed for miles and miles, and her gracefully slender arms that could cradle a county. At long last, the earth stopped flinging me around like a rag doll. Once I recovered, I was greeted with an incredible sight.


Consuming the entirety of my view was the most beautiful, feminine hand I had ever seen. Each fingertip was capped with a carefully sculpted long nail devoid of any polish, and big enough to house a neighborhood. As my gaze continued upwards, I kept expecting to see clouds where her fingers met her palm, only to realize that she wasn't incredibly huge; I was incredibly small. Just how small, I would figure out later. In the meantime, all I could think was how if a woman of this grandeur were to walk around in a normal-sized world...she'd be able to hold Mt. Everest in her hand with miles to spare.


So lost in thought was I, that that I almost didn't notice an impending disaster. Her hand lazily moved towards me, her elegant nails pointed toward the earth and her vast palm enveloping me in shadow. I only had enough time to think, “Is she going to...” before her titanic fingers plunged downwards. Each nail hit the surface with enough power to bring about Armageddon, launching me into the air far higher than I had been before, only to calmly ascend thousands of feet in the air to repeat the experience. Over and over again, her dainty fingers relentlessly pummeled the ground in what felt like endless torture as she carelessly tapped away on the table.


When the tapping finally stopped, I clambered to my feet hoping to bolt to my escape, only to find myself in an even worse situation. Hanging overhead, her hand was now laid out flat above me and descending fast. It looked like a city was falling on me, as each line in her soft palm was wide enough to be a multi-lane highway. With no hope for escape, all I could do was brace for impact. With a defining thud, I was catapulted once more miles in the air. When I regained my bearings, I saw I was free-falling towards one of her plateau-like nails. I slammed into the keratin plain hard enough to give myself a concussion. After a couple of moments of confused wooziness, my world faded to black.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! Please feel free to let me know your thoughts.