- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

 

These feet are made for trampling

My pet-friend Vivian is back at my shoulder as I amble down the empty street. I made a left just after dealing with the cops. After all the care I put in not hurting them too much, the last thing I wanted was to trample them under my feet!

This meant that I ended up trampling a different set of people, but I’m hardly concerned about that. I had no relationship with them. This is one of the things that certainly feels different at this high-rise height than it felt when I grew taller than mountain ranges.

Flattening an entire city under your sole is certainly stimulating. But that is essentially at an intellectual level. I mean, I’m not a too thoughtful girl, but knowing that all it takes me to finish something people took years to build and organize themselves around is to put my foot on top of it is definitely empowering. But in real terms, it does not feel much different than stepping on gravel. Things break even before touching them, the ground sinks with almost no effort, and in the end it doesn’t even tickle much.

Everything is much different at my current height. To start with, being able to walk around the city rather than trampling it is priceless. I love towering over buildings, but having them reach all the way up to my thighs gives me a much more personal view of the chaos I’m creating. In that state of elation I trace the rooftops with a finger as I move slowly down a six-lane avenue that is wide enough for me to strut a little.

Three days and several cities later, it still amazes me how some people can only react to my presence by running away from me in a straight line. I’m not the best strategist ever, but from up here it seems quite obvious that getting into the buildings or side streets would be a much better idea. It’s not as if I mind, of course. I’m not going to run out of tinies any time soon, and stepping on people still beats practically anything else I can do, especially at my current size.

I identify a group of people who is about to become my next objective and start after them, keeping my pace slow enough to show everyone that I don’t really need to put an effort to catch up.

“WELL DONE GUYS! YOU ARE ABOUT TO OUTRUN ME!” I tease as I raise my foot and aim my next step so that it will end up in the most packed section of the avenue.

I do not even put an effort on it. It’s not as if it makes a difference. A dozen or so people pop under my sole an instant before the asphalt cracks and breaks, as it has been doing since I burst out of the coffee shop.

“OOOPSIE!” I say cutely, hand in my mouth.

Needless to say, the rest of the crowd is shocked. I guess that my soft step felt more like a meteor landing to them. I keep my motion, now setting my other foot on top of the crowd, snuffing another dozen lives and increasing the pandemonium.

“OUCH!” I say, mocking. “YOU GUYS ARE JUST EVERYWHERE! I THINK I’M GOING TO NEED A GOOD PEDICURE BY THE TIME I’M DONE HERE!”

I keep moving, my third step just as deadl as the previous two and bringing the crowd to the breaking point.

“I DON’T KNOW… IF I WERE YOU I THINK I’D TRY SOMETHING ELSE… MAYBE GETTING INTO THE BUILDINGS OR SIDE STREETS? RUNNING IN A STRAIGHT LINE DOESN’T SEEM TO BE WORKING SO WELL, DON’T YOU THINK?”

I take a fourth step and, as usual, I choose the most packed spot I can find to land my sole on. I notice that the bursting of bodies under my heel feels different than under the ball of my foot and certainly different than under the arch. It’s tough to say which of the sensations I enjoy the most… in the end they are not better or worse, they are just different.

“THE THING IS, YOU GUYS ARE SLOW! I MEAN, I’M NOT EVEN WALKING FAST. THIS IS MERELY A COMFY STROLL. AND STILL, EACH OF MY STEPS ARE WORTH A FEW DOZEN OF YOUR STRIDES. SO, FACE IT: IF YOU RUN FROM ME, YOU’LL SQUISH UNDER ME,” I say in the same cheerful tone I’ve been using since I started crushing them by the dozen. “IT’S NOT AS IF I MIND, OF COURSE. I MEAN, IT’S NOT AS IF YOU ARE SLOWING ME DOWN!”

I’m now constantly looking down, savoring the effect of my murderous wade through the crowd. As usual, I enjoy a much higher detailed view of the scenery at my feet than I should, my growth having come not only with some super cool powers but also with some very useful sensorial enhancements.

It’s thanks to my improved eyesight that I can get a clear view of a couple doing something that I was not expecting but that I realize makes some sense. At least from the point of view of a pea-sized brain tiny person that is trying to avoid being stepped on. They get into one of the multiple abandoned cars in the road.

I can only giggle and make sure that my left foot is going to land right on top of the offending vehicle as I complete my next step. As usual, the car does not stand a chance and folds like tinfoil under my foot as it keeps on its usual trip into the asphalt, digging yet another footprint on the road.

“OK, I THINK YOU GUYS MISUNDERSTOOD ME. WHEN I ADVISED YOU NOT TO RUN I WAS NOT INVITING YOU TO GET INTO CARS EITHER. CARS SQUISH JUST A TAD HARDER THAN YOU. AND YOU DON’T KNOW JUST HOW APPEALING THEY FEEL TO A GIRL LIKE ME. SO, IF YOU ARE INSIDE THEM, CHANCES ARE THAT YOU WILL END UP FORMING      PART OF THEM PERMANENTLY.”

I see a few people starting to get it just then and heading to the sides of the road, either to get in portals or to dash into smaller side streets. There is nothing like a practical lesson to convey a message. Still, the majority are acting as dumb as they were.

I take four more steps down the road. The people is a bit more scattered now, so not so many of them end up under my feet every time that they set down, but still the death toll is the highest since… well, since the last time I was around.

When a lonely man ends up standing right in front of my right foot, the opportunity is too good to let it pass. So, I separate  my thumb from the rest of the toes and I slide my foot forward, trapping the man in the space I just created and bringing my toes back together to keep him in place. His head can barely poke over the skin of my sexy digits. Still, he manages to crane his neck enough to look up at my smiling face.

“LICK!” I command sexily.

I’m surprised by how quickly he gets it and obeys. He tickles! I compliment him by moaning as I stay in place, with my hands on my hips and a smile of satisfaction in my face. He gets tired before I do. When I see his exhausted face looking up at me, looking for mercy, I smile back at him

“SQUISH!” I then command. Of course, I was not expecting him to squish on his own. I believe it’s impossible for a human to do that. But I have no problem helping him. It just takes me the smallest effort to bring my toes together and feel his body burst. When I see the gore oozing through, though, I twitch my nose. I will definitely need to get a good foot rub by the time I finish my trek. I don’t complain, in any case. After all, it’s my choice. If you don’t want the mess, don’t make it!

It’s surprising how my little game with the guy seems to have created quite the commotion. I guess it has to do with the whimsical way I disposed of him, but honestly, that feels a bit stupid. To me, a man or a dozen doesn’t make much difference, but I would have guessed that it would for them. Anyway, I guess the tinies will never cease to surprise me.

“WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE THIS, THEN?” I ask as I stomp my foot a bit harder than usual, choosing the most packed section of the crowd I could find. “WORKS WELL ENOUGH FOR ME, BUT I HOPE YOU CAN ALSO REALIZE THAT A GIRL NEEDS SOME VARIETY!” I complain. “AND WELL, HONESTLY, I HAD HOPED YOU WOULD APPRECIATE THE BREAK!”

I stomp my other foot on another crowded section of the road for good measure.

I don’t know where I got the discernment to differentiate between levels of panic, but I can swear that it has increased a couple notches, even if one would have thought that it was already as high as it could be.

People are not just trying to outrun me anymore. Some are running in the opposite direction, trying to slip through my sides. And a few even end up over my toes!

I carelessly kick forward, taking care of those over my foot and those immediately in front of it. The brief cloud of flying bodies feels satisfactory, so I repeat the operation with my left foot. I giggle as a result.

Then, my heart fills with glee when I see a stranded city bus just half a dozen blocks down the road!

I’m not making an effort to step on people as I hurry my pace to my new target. They squish by the dozen under my feet anyway. In the rush, lampposts, traffic lights and directional signs are downed by my shins, as my thighs spectacularly break through powerlines, their sparks barely able to tickle as I do.

The crowd is beaten by the time I reach my destination. I don’t give a fuck, of course! After all, it’s not my problem. They can get a shrink if they want. My attention is fully focused on the bus, and I moan when I realize that it’s full.

I lift my foot a bit and tap my big toe on the bus roof.

“KNOCK KNOCK!” I mock from above. I don’t bend or crouch. After all, my feet alone have proven to be perfectly capable of wreaking havoc and provide me with tons of fun over the last minutes.

Of course, I was not expecting any reply to my knocking, so I just move my foot back and start nudging the bus with my toes, making it swing, but being mindful of the force so that it swings back to position. I giggle, thinking on the sheer pandemonium that such a simple action must be having on the dozens of people inside, but as everything, this soon becomes repetitive and boring to me. So, without thinking much further, I end up nudging a bit harder and toppling the bus over.

Even from my height I can hear muffled screams coming from the people inside. With the bus now on its sides, and thanks to my super-vision, I can now see the people inside through the side windows. It’s packed!

Someone seems to decide that it’s better to risk it outside the bus than waiting inside for me to decide what to do and breaks one of the emergency exit windows. I can see the tiny figure squirming through it and frown. I wait until the guy is completely out and then move my foot to him, trapping him between my big toe and the other four. He screams. The rest of the people scream even more as I crush him in a simple gesture, making sure that I am holding my foot in a position that will let everyone see.

“I WOULD ADVISE YOU AGAINST GETTING OUT AT THIS STOP!” I boom from above.

Just for fun, I grab the bus by flexing my toes and I bring it back to its original position, messing with the people inside a bit more. I then give them a few seconds and topple the bus in the opposite direction, giggling in the process.

I’m having fun, but the bus is starting to lose interest, so I know I’m not going to stay with it forever. The easy thing would be, of course, to just step on it. But I strive for being original as a giant, so that’s not what I do. Instead, I place my left foot parallel with the bus, with my toes reaching more or less to its mid-point. Then, I push the top of the bus with my other foot. The results are satisfactory as the top half of the mass transport starts bending. I keep going until it breaks, effectively ripping the bus open in half.

I move my feet back and wait for the unavoidable to happen. I guess the people were a little groggy from all my messing with them, but eventually they start pouring out of the bus, now that I’ve opened it to the world.

I smile as I observe the situation, waiting for enough of them to pack in front of the two ripped sections of the vehicle.

“I SAID NO EXIT IN THIS STOP!” I taunt from above.

And just step on them with the same ease I’ve stepped on a few hundred people on my way here, chuckling as I do so.

I can feel the doubts on those that are still within the two sections of the bus I’ve created. I’m ready to move forward, so I just say:

“DON’T WORRY, THOSE THAT STAYED INSIDE WON’T GET CRUSHED. AS A MATTER OF FACT, I’M GOING TO GIVE YOU A HEADSTART TOWARDS YOUR DESTINATION!”

They get it when I kick the first section of the bus, sending it rolling for over a dozen blocks. I repeat the operation before those in the second section can react. This time it doesn’t get so far… I misjudged my aim and the half-bus ends up embedded in the façade of an office building less than three blocks down the road.

Geez, my feet alone can be such great fun! Of course, a city full of toys and a few hundred scaredy people always helps. I’m thinking on what else I can try when the shiny reflection of a building two blocks to my left makes me change my mind

“OH, THE GREAT NATIONAL BANK! GIRL, I HAD NOT REALIZED THAT I HAD GOT THERE ALREADY!”

I had forgotten about Vivian for a while, but the hottie is still perked at my shoulder, grabbing my hair to make sure she does not fall.

“You don’t mind killing people,” she observes in a flat tone.

“WHY SHOULD I? IT’S NOT AS IF I’M GOING TO RUN OUT OF THEM ANYTIME SOON!”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

For more information about Vicky, pics of her and audiobook files of her story, please visit: https://www.deviantart.com/papayoya