- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

I was getting a little uninspired with When I Became the Guinea Pig, so here is a new story while I try to complete each.  I don't know if I will continue this.  Depends on the reception.  Anyway, enjoy!

 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

You’re My Hero

 

Chapter 1

Radio Show Superstar

 

My name is Morgan Stephenson.  Before, well, my current situation, I was a well-respected, perfectly normal college student at CNU.  However, on a seemingly normal autumn day, my life was changed forever.

I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was carrying on my talk show on the school radio station, Booking Ambitiously with Mad Morgan, a show in which I reviewed and fantasy booked shows from my favorite professional wrestling promotions.  

I was a pro-wrestling superfan.  I had even considered training to wrestle at a local wrestling school as a teenager.  At 5’10” and weighing 145lbs I would have been unlikely to succeed in that line of physical work.  Therefore, I decided to become a reviewer, which delivered me into becoming very popular and well-liked by most everyone at the college.

As I was wrapping up my fantasy booking for the day one of my friends, Emma, who lived in the dormitory which housed the broadcast station, came into the room and sat on the guest couch.  Her afternoon class let out at 1:45, my block of time ended at 2:00pm, which showed me my hour-long block of time was nearly over.  I began to wrap up my show.

“That is my take on it,” I spit out my closing line, “I’m Mad Morgan Stephenson and I can book it better!”

With that I plugged in the auxiliary cable to the broadcaster and began playing Green Day’s American Idiot.  I sent a text message to the next DJ telling him I was finished with my block, then stood up from the chair and stretched my back.  

*Clap Clap Clap* “Very good show today Morgan,” Emma said giving me a playful slow clap as she stood up from the couch and crossed the room toward me.

I had a thing for Emma, call it a friendship or call it a crush, she was my best female friend in the entire school.  She had beautiful, curious blue eyes that reminded me of lakes of tranquil water.  Her eyes complimented her hazelnut slightly longer-than shoulder-length hair streaked with blonde highlights.

Emma was absolutely adorable as well.  She stood at 5’0” and had a very petite, athletic body.  She honestly reminded me of a short fashion model, and her playful spirit made her that much more endearing to me.

I let out a chuckle.  “Shut up Emma,” I said as this had become a routine that happened whenever I finished up a show, good or bad.  

The show the day of the happening went very well, maybe even one of my best shows that I had ever put on.  I was feeling very confident.

“Do you want to head to the food court and get some coffee,” Emma asked.

“Absolutely,” I enthusiastically retorted, “I could use something to soothe my aching vocal chords,” I said jokingly followed by opening wide, sticking out my tongue, and waving into my mouth as if a midwestern housewife fanning herself on a hot day.

“Okay let’s go Bill O’Reilly,” she said jokingly as we began moving in tandem toward the heavy glass door leading out to the hallway.

“Maybe I should change the show name to the Stephenson factor,” I jokingly inquired as I held the door open for my diminutive friend.

“Thank you superstar,” Emma cooed back.

Our banter continued as we headed out of the dormitory onto the main lawn.  It began to drizzle as soon as we got outside.  Rain was typical on the campus as the school is located very close the the beaches of the Eastern Seaboard.  

“Of course it would start to rain as soon as we get outside,” Emma joked up to me.

“Yeah,” I said, “we got lucky didn’t we?”

“Maybe I should play the lottery,” she said with a sarcastic smile.

Our banter continued as we walked along the foot trail from the lawn to the main entrance of the food court.  Emma began to race forward.

“Oh no you don’t,” I yelled ahead to her as I also started running toward the door.

I sprinted passed the little girl and raced forward to the door.  I grabbed the door handle and looked back to her as I pulled the door open.  She slowed her run to a casual walk and I waited a couple of seconds until she entered the building.  

You’re my hero,” she joked.

I didn’t know how important those words would become to me for just as she walked through the door I felt a huge jolt course rapidly throughout my body, then everything went dark.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading!  It is hard to start up a new story while still planning to complete my first.  We will have to see what happens.