- Text Size +

It was the second morning after Kyle’s late night excursion when Monica matter-of-factly demanded to be taken shopping. 

 

“What, more clothes?”  Kyle looked up from contemplating his empty cereal bowl.  Since the events of two nights before, he’d been powerfully aware of that scent, always hanging around Monica.  It was getting stronger every day, and it was distracting – it made his attention wander, often to places he’d rather it not go.  “We just bought you a new wardrobe the other day – if we keep running to the mall every time you have a growth spurt, we’re going to run through the money mom and dad gave us.  It’s suppose to last all summer.”

 

Monica stood, collecting her brother’s breakfast dishes.  “Not for clothes, no – although I HAVE almost outgrown the last set already.  I know money’s tight, I’ll be able to make due.  Anyway in a few more inches I’ll be able to wear mom’s stuff, won’t I?”

 

He watched her clear the table in silence, unable to keep himself from noticing the way her full hips swayed as she moved, or how her too-small outfit clung to her generous frame.  She was five foot one this morning, or so she had happily reported in her daily update – and that meant the jeans and t-shirt purchased only four days earlier was laughably tiny on her now. 

 

“Okay, so what are we shopping for then?” he finally asked.

 

Monica blushed, and took a long time to answer.  She murmured something unintelligible.

 

“Sorry – a nest stump?  Is that some kind of bird feeder?  I don’t….”

 

“No,” Monica sighed, gritting her teeth.  “I said I need a BREAST PUMP.  And thanks for making this not-at-all awkward conversation so much easier, oh brother of mine.”

 

“Oh.  OH!”  Kyle felt his face growing hot.  “Since when, um…do you need….”

 

“Because of the hormones, obviously.  Wait, did you even READ the pamphlet the doctor gave us?”  She gave her brother an exasperated, if affectionate look.  “Ah well, don’t worry about it.  The point is, in rare cases women on the treatment can experience certain symptoms related to late-stage pregnancy.  Like, er…lactation.  It was kind of a problem this morning until I got it under control.  See?”

 

Monica pressed down on her t-shirt, cupping both hands over the curve of her left breast.  Kyle suddenly felt hundreds of tiny moths fluttering in his stomach.  Monica was easily a C-cup now, and seeing the shape of his sister’s body presented this way was almost too much.  He forced himself to look where she wanted and…yes.  There was definitely a small wet spot over the imprint of her nipple.  “In a way, I should be glad this is all I got.  Other women have reported wild mood swings, odd food cravings, or even extreme sexual arousal, and I….”

 

“Okay!” he interrupted, shifting to hide his unwelcome erection.  “Do you want to go NOW, or can I change out of my pajamas first?”

 

From then on, Monica would excuse herself from time to time to milk.  In the mornings she would bring a half full bottle with her down from her bedroom, dump it down the drain, and carefully rinse the bottle clean before seeing to her breakfast.  In the afternoons, she would ask Kyle to pause the show they were watching and head up to her room for a time.  And in the evenings, before they went out, he would have to wait while she finished tending to herself.  Her smile was always apologetic and a bit guilty after these sessions.  Often when she returned, the smell would be very strong on her – this happened especially often in the afternoons.  It made him dizzy, and want to excuse himself for entirely different reasons.  

 

By the morning of Monica’s three week follow-up, she was taller than their dad.  “Five nine!” she’d reported as she came to breakfast, carrying a bottle of milk – as always these days, it was almost full.  She was dressed in jeans which clung to her like a second skin, and one of her father’s flannel button-ups.  None of her bras had fit for days, but her ample breasts were so unnaturally perky that they hardly needed any support at all.  She’d left the top two buttons undone, and when she leaned forward to reach for the toast, Kyle had helplessly felt his eyes drawn to the long, dark line of her cleavage.  His sister seemed not to notice – though he imagined her smile was slightly knowing as she asked him to pass the butter.

 

At the hospital, Monica insisted on seeing the doctor alone.  Kyle stared at his phone in the waiting room for nearly an hour, until a nurse quietly asked him if he wouldn’t mind speaking with the doctor.

 

Monica sat on the edge of the examination table, her feet reaching almost all the way to the floor.  She looked embarrassed, and there was that old petulant look about her – hard eyes, jutting lip – that made Kyle think she had just lost an argument.  The doctor, meanwhile, simply looked mortified.  Kyle didn’t think he’d ever seen a man blush so deeply, and the stark white of his lab coat made the color even more striking.

 

“Your, ah, sister asked if I wouldn’t mind sharing some of the conclusions from today’s follow-up.  She thought it would be easier for you to hear coming from a professional.”

 

“Is she okay?” Kyle asked at once, taking a step forward.

 

The doctor held up his clipboard as if prepared to defend himself with it.  “Yes, yes!  She’s fine.  Monica has...grown significantly more than we expected, however.”

 

Behind his back, Monica gave a little I-told-you-so flare of her eyebrows.

 

“It’s not a BAD thing, and she doesn’t seem especially concerned.  Quite, ah, the contrary.  The effects of the treatment will last several more months however, and as I’ve been explaining to Monica, there’s no telling how much bigger she might get before all is said and done.”

 

Monica’s grin at this was definitely smug.

 

“I’ve asked her about her, um…s-sexual habits.  Because, well, it’s well-documented that certain hormones released by receiving sexual pleasure catalyze the effects of the treatment.  She claims to have been experiencing very intense…symptoms of late.  As such, I’ve advised her to…cease sexual contact for the time being.”  He cleared his throat.  “By which I mean, to refrain from masturbating.”

 

Kyle felt his cheeks decide to give the doctor’s a run for their money.  “Why are you telling me this?” he asked in a slightly cracking voice.

 

“Because your sister asked me to share this information with you,” he repeated, in a tone that indicated it was the last conversation on earth he wanted to have.  “It’s my duty to do so at her request.  I think she simply didn’t want to have to say something so embarrassing to you herself.”

 

But Monica no longer looked embarrassed.  “I wanted him to tell you,” she explained.  “Because I didn’t trust that after I walked out of this office, that I would WANT to tell you.  The way I’ve been feeling lately…I can hardly control myself.  I’m going to need your help to keep me from cheating.”  Her eyes flashed as she looked up at him, and she gave him a teasing smile.  “We wouldn’t want me to get TOO big, now would we?”