- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A Silent House

A Silent House

 

The regular appliances were all way over his head. He looked at the oven and could tell how easily he'd fit within it. He'd be nothing more than an evening meal to them should they be cannibals which he's hoped at that moment that they were not. He remembered the fables though and this did not reassure him.

Pressing on there were two exits. One that was to the left of which led to their living room which didn't interest him. But the one to the right opened to a hallway that led to a stairwell. This would be the way he decided.

Just past the hallway Jack passed through a dinning room in order to get to the stairs. He walked right under their huge dining room table on his way, it clearing his head by several feet.   Also, he noticed that the floor boards didn't squeak as he moved across them as they were made from the thickest of timbers in order to support their tonnage of weight. This would work to his advantage in stealth he smiled as he continued on to the stairway.

It was at the steps that he was met with his next obstacle. They were chest high. This was not going to be as easy for him as it was for them with their endlessly long legs. He was going to have to vault up each and every one of them with a good amount of effort in order to succeed.

His first attempt was unsuccessful as he crashed back down upon the wooden floor. Jack at once realized that he'd have to throw his backpack up first in order to lighten his load if he was ever going to leverage himself up so that is what he did. By doing this he was able to make it up upon his first step with a smile of victory.

Picking up his pack he threw it up upon the second step and so on until he reached the top. Jack was pretty winded by the time that he got there too. There were twenty five steps in all and it took him 15 solid minutes in order to traverse this obstacle.

Jack was starting to get the sinking feeling that his escape route was not so accessible now, but the excitement of what he was doing drove him on and so proceed he did once he'd secured his pack upon his back again.

The hallway gave him two directions to choose from. To the left was a single door slightly ajar just past an open bathroom entrance which was most likely the mother's room. And to the right were two more doors taking care of the finale two thirds of the upstairs space being undoubtedly the girl's rooms.

Jack stopped to listen intently... He could hear snoring coming from his left and silence coming from the other two rooms. A large grandfather clock ticked from the downstairs. The house was as still as could be. This was good he reasoned.

Up above him facing the stairs was a huge painting of a white colored goose laying gold colored eggs that were contained within a small chest.   The painting was larger than his family's back patio deck he reckoned.  It would have taken him weeks and buckets of paint had he been tasked to do it which he was glad that he was not.  Off to his right in between the two daughter's rooms was a medieval paining of a Giantess as well.  Again, the sheer enormitiy of everything around him was impressed upon the teen.

 So taking a deep breath Jack went left and passed the bathroom going to the slightly open door just past it.

Jack had to push with all of his might in order to make the massive wooden door move. It was a regular hollow plywood door but even still, it was heavier than he'd ever experienced a door to be. In fact he barely had the strength to even get it open enough in order to wedge his body through the crack that he had further widened.


But once inside he was happy for all of his efforts. For there in front of a nightstand next to the bed slightly illuminated by a wall nightlight was a purse. An open purse at that!

Jack also noticed that this floor had a rough shag carpet stretching across it like a sea of foamy threads. Jack bend down lifted one. It was like a very thick rope. One amongst thousands on this floor. To the Giants, their feet would just mash them down as they walked to and fro. But for Jack these uneven fibers strands were each possible of twisting an ankle should he be careless.. This too would hamper his speed and possibilities of escape he reasoned.

Jack was seeing all kinds of pit falls to his original cock sure idea that he had not initially accounted for now. These were just everyday things that these women didn't even think twice about which became formidable obstacles for him. Jack felt very small now.

But seeing victory within his grasp Jack with his concentrated agility made his way towards the purse as the mother continued to saw logs with her snoring up above on a platform of silk that he could not see from his vantage point.

As Jack neared the purse there was yet another obstacle in his way. A white pair of house slippers jutted out from under the bed in which he was now walking along. Jack stopped to regard them due to the fact that they were indeed physically in his way.

They were made of a terrycloth type of material like you'd see in most shoes of that nature. There was a length of white material that went across the front end that made a canopy for her toes. The rest was exposed.
Jack could see impressions within the padding with a discoloration that was a mixture of old sweat and dust that had collected there with the mothers regular travels across her home. Jack took a step upon one of them and sad down within it. He pushed his legs forward into the toe section and realized that he could sit comfortably within them with room to spare. The shoe itself was probably three fourths of his entire body length.

His weight upon the inner pad had pushed up that strong foot odor that he'd smelled in her hose earlier and he also noticed that when he picked his hands up they were coated in a oily substance of some sort.

Snarling his nose from the grossness factor Jack quickly pulled himself back out of the slipper and tried to focus on the task at hand again, while wiping his own hands upon his pants in order to take the greasy funky remains off. Succeeding for the most part.

The purse was just ahead and Jack was able to pull the big object over and climb within. He heard things tumble while this action took place also noticing that the snoring above had stopped at the same time. Had he awoken her?

Jack quickly darted back towards the slippers and was forced to dive within the other slipper this time in order to hide.

After about five very smelly minutes Jack heard the snoring resume and was mercifully able to climb back out of the soiled clothing article and try to explore the purse once again.

Jack slowly and much more cautiously crept towards the open upturned purse this time. His nostrils were this time assaulted by the smells of lipstick, perfumes, leather, and other unidentifiable odors.

It was pitch black within as the room was semi-dark to begin with so Jack had to feel his way around. After some maneuvering though, his hands fell upon a large leather sack that had a metal clasp lining the top of it. Luckily it was unclasped as he was sure he wouldn't have had the strength to budge it should it have been secured.

"Another lucky break!" Jack told himself as he reached an arm inside. It only took a moment before his fingers latched onto a plate sized coin. Jack brought it out. He couldn't make out what type of metal it was but finally remembered his flashlight and drew it out of his backpack switching it on.

"Pay dirt!" It was a nice new shining gold coil! He could not contain his smile of glee upon realizing this. All of this dangerous work was now paying off. Jack quickly moved the heavy currency piece into his backpack and searched for more.

Jack removed four more and put them all within his pack and carefully surrounded them with the teenager's panties in order to keep them from rattling as he made his escape.

Sealing the pack Jack strenuously put it back on and was at once faced with the oppressive weight of the coins.

Each step that he was about to take was going to be laborious he now knew but his greed spurned him on.


The snoring above continued so he was pretty much in the clear now anyway. He could simply take the coins over the fence one by one if need be. Jack smiled again. And at that, he slowly and carefully made his way back towards mother's bedroom door.

Squeezing through the castle gate sized door again, once more Jack was out into the wooden hallway. Grunting, he continued on past the bathroom and was about to turn towards the stairwell when a loud squeaking noise of a door opening off ahead to his right startled him.