[Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstarPrinter
Summary:

November 2001, Alternative: With the threat of the BETA invasion as prevalent as ever, the United Nations' Far East Defense Line requires more TSF pilots in order to control the alien threat from invading Japan from the nearby Sadogashima Hive. At the same time, the brilliant physicist, Professor Yuuko Kouzuki, the Vice-Commander of the United Nation’s Yokohama Base and head of the Alternative IV project, struggles to complete her years-long endeavor into the annihilation of the hostile species, stuck in a race against the clock before her superiors begin the implementation of the dreaded Alternative V plan. On the day of the Comprehensive Combat Evaluation Examination for the members of the United Nations’ 11th Force, 207th Training Unit, Professor Kouzuki takes this time to de-stress and gather her mind, sloughing off her duties as proctor onto her subordinate so as to better discover a means to complete the Alternative IV project through some well-deserved rest and relaxation. It is here, on a remote jungle island in the Pacific Ocean, that Professor Kouzuki will discover the means to obliterate the alien threat from Earth once and for all, one which, despite her mastery of physics and unparalleled knowledge of the BETA, will surprise even her, forever changing the presence of the BETA across the entirety of the cosmos.

 

[UPDATED! COMPLETED STORY POSTED!] A 5-part story as part of a multi-part series in celebration of the Muv-Luv visual novels' Kickstarter campaign success.

Spoilers for...the entire Muv-Luv visual novels? I honestly don't see the point in this nonsense, but whatever.

 

Insufficient General Disclaimer for Purposes of 17 USC § 1 et. seq.: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


Rated: PG
Categories: Teenager (13-19), Young Adult 20-29, Butt, Crush, Destruction, Feet, Growing Woman, Maternal Characters: None
Growth: Tera (101 mi and up)
Shrink: None
Size Roles: F/m
Warnings: Following story may contain inappropriate material for certain audiences
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 25050 Read: 29018
Published: April 25 2016 Updated: May 23 2016
Story Notes:

"Achieve your mission with all your might.
Despair not till your last breath.
Make your death count."
    - Creed of the Valkyries, Special Task Force Unit A-01

I was encouraged to post this story here by a friend of mine (who will remain nameless unless he wants me to name him), and as much as I dislike the needless complication of this site (which I do, heavily), he bombarded me with Meiya images to convince me to do so. I posted this on my dA page months ago in the hopes of getting feedback, but to no avail. Hopefully, I can get SOME comments here beyond "Cool story bro" and the like, while simultaneously getting some more exposure for the awesomeness that is the Muv girls (and mai 2 waifus). Nonetheless, I hope you enjoy the read when I get around to posting the whole thing, and that you check out the Muv-Luv visual novels if you haven't already!

1. Chapter 1 - The Comprehensive Combat Evaluation Examination by awesomex18 [Reviews - 3] starstarstarstarstar (3745 words)

This story was quite difficult to write, not because the subject matter was difficult nor getting a grasp on the characters and the Muv world itself (even though I haven’t read MuvLuv since 2011/12), but because the exposure of the Muv VNs isn’t quite well known to the populace at large outside of Japan as of yet. I’ve done my best to explain certain key events and terms to non-Muvers, but I’ve also attempted to balance these explanations with omissions in other respects so that experienced Muvers can read it with equal interest and so that they don’t feel patronized by reading something they are already familiar with. For example, I decided that an explanation of the BETA themselves was unnecessary since the Total Eclipse anime (despite it being terrible!) gives a brief explanation and depiction of them during the series. So, for the non-Muvers, if there are any terms in the story that you are unfamiliar with that I did not decide to cover for this balancing reason, I implore you to visit the Muv-Luv wiki to briefly brush up on the subject(s). The balancing decisions I made were tough to decide, but I ultimately believe that the story before you represents a lovely balance for both Muv and non-Muv readers alike when ultimately read it its entirety.

Additionally, as the preceding paragraph states, I’ve written this for both Muvers and nons, so there WILL be spoilers. You’ve been warned! 

With all that said, please enjoy the first part of Save in the Name of True Greed. Constructive comments are always appreciated, so I look forward to any feedback you may have.

2. Chapter 2 - A Means to Defeat the BETA by awesomex18 [Reviews - 0] (5534 words)

As you'll most likely notice, there’s a shift in writing style part-way through this chapter. That’s because this is where my friend Zeboim/Kuroneko does a truly amazing job in his always-epic writing as he’s done for longer than I’ve been doing this whole GTS business myself (It’s not like the guy inspired me to start writing or anything in the first place…=P). Zeb did pretty much everything in this story in which Meiya is involved, so when you see Meiya getting ready for a major scene, you can thank Zeb for the awesomeness. After all, what sort of friend would I be to not offer him the first shot at growing his favorite waifu? I tried not to edit his original text too much since I really liked his style of giving a Meiya-style narrative in her enlargement process, so I hope you enjoy what he wrote as well (I know I did!). [Side Note: I'm not sure if he has an account here, nor what it'd be under, so I've yet to tag him as a "Co-Author". If I can confirm he has one, I'll tag him if we wishes to be tagged.]

Additionally, as I stated in Chapter 1, I understand that Muv-Luv isn’t too popular yet here in the US until the Kickstarter shipments start pouring in. For that reason, for those of you non-Muvers wanting a visual reference of what the girls are wearing…

  • Yuuko: http://2lewd.deviantart.com/art/Yuuko-Kouzuki-vs-The-Omniverse-561651912

  • Meiya: tinyurl.com/MeiyaBikini

  • Everyone else: http://fuwanovel.net/assets/images/vn/88/screen08.jpg

Also, for those of you wondering exactly what Yuuko’s signature stances are like:

  • Faux-amazement: http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/square_small/9/97921/2473360-2116557125-191px.png

  • Inquisitive: http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/muvluv/images/7/7a/Yuuko_AF_Tropical_Leisure.png/revision/latest?cb=20150707024055

Lastly, on a personal note, I’m sure you’ve all noticed who the major focuses of the story are by now, so I might as well do some explaining about mai own waifus. My two favorite Muv waifus (and probably of all time as well) are Yuuko and Meiya! For those in the Muv Brotherhood, everyone knows that Yuuko is Best Character and Meiya is Best Girl, so having both of them in the same story is a win-win for everyone. Of course, my preference slightly leans more towards Yuuko for being the brilliant, devious evil genius that she is, but my heart equally falls for Meiya based on her noble swordswoman qualities, which are a plus for any girl. Ayamine is a close third.

With all that said, please enjoy the second part of Save in the Name of True Greed. Constructive comments are always appreciated, so I look forward to any feedback you may have.

 

 

3. Chapter 3 - Humanity's Trump Card by awesomex18 [Reviews - 0] (7787 words)

WARNING: YUUKO LOGIC AHEAD!

A quick bit of inspiration/trivia for Muvers and non-Muvers, but the whole latter part of this chapter was centered around this image and trying to work in Yuuko's ability to come up with the craziest and most amazing fake plans ever, while only telling her actual operation goals to a trusted few: i.imgur.com/IUupA.jpg I won't say from what scene this image is from to ruin it for the non-Muvers, but the Muvers should know exactly why it's a neat scene in the VN.

Also, for the Muvers, I know that Takeru can pick any of the 207ths to be his girlfriend/wife at the end of Unlimited, but let's be real here, who WOULDN'T pick Meiya every single time? Am I right? Of course I am (well, Ayamine isn't a bad choice either out of the 5, not counting the Yuuko ending as a choice)! So, I simply went with Takeru making the best decision each and every time for purposes of this story (once again, I believe that even he would realistically pick Meiya every time; he'd be insane not to!).  

Anyways, with all that out of the way, please enjoy the third part of Save in the Name of True Greed. Constructive comments are always appreciated, so I look forward to any feedback you may have.

 

 

4. Chapter 4 - Turning the Tide of War by awesomex18 [Reviews - 0] (3308 words)

There’s some things I should mention for both Muvers and non-Muvers, so here goes…

First, in this chapter, you’ll find not one, but TWO Meiya scenes written by Zebo, and a third written by me. See if you can spot who wrote what (It should be obvious since his parts are always far more phenomenal than my own)!

Second, this whole chapter discusses a lot about the detailed workings of the BETA and their impact on the Earth during the BETA Wars. Would you like to know more? Then for you non-Muvers, read up on the Muv wiki about BETA Hives, the various BETA strains, and BETA survival mechanisms and tactics!

Third, if you'd like to see Meiya stomping out BETA Hives on a smaller scale, you can see an awesome image of such here: http://2lewd.deviantart.com/art/Mitsurugi-Hive-Crush-WIP-567618601 

Lastly, I actually have a comment from Zebo he wanted me to add to this section, addressed to all of you readers, which I'm copying word-for-word:

"You guys should make more Muv Luv GTS stuff ASAP" - Zeboim

There you have it, folks. Get to work on showing your Luv for the Muvs by making some well-needed art/stories of the Muv gals of your very own. There's sadly an underwhelming amount of images and stories of the various beauties out there, so get to work!

Anyways, with all that out of the way, please enjoy the fourth part of Save in the Name of True Greed. Constructive comments are always appreciated, so I look forward to any feedback you may have. With the plot reaching its climax, the epic finale is coming up next time, so I hope to hear your predictions on what will happen in the dramatic conclusion! 

 

5. Chapter 5 - In the Name of True Greed by awesomex18 [Reviews - 0] (4676 words)

It's been a long time comin', but the moment all you Muvers have been waiting for is finally here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSKX0beUEAUjqZr.png:large