- Text Size +

Georgie back. Miss me much?


Ok, just came back from a ride to the mall. Lexie drove...her bicycle and I sat in the basket in front. She lines the inside of the basket with rubber-kind of stuff so it's comfortable and I even have my own size helmet I wear. When we got there, she took me out and set me on the ground and then started to walk to the mall. She walks FAST, that's all I know. By the time she got three cars down, I guess she remembered how tiny my steps were in comparison to hers, and turned around, stopped and smiled at me, as I walked at my own pace. I thought you were gonna forget me here, I said, breathing hard. Georgie, I would never do that to you, big guy. Sorry for my long legs, sometimes I forget just how tiny yours are. She bent way down to below squat position and picked me up, kissing me on the way up. Her ample chest provided just the right amount of softness as she buried my face there while hurrying into the building. 

It's hard for me to walk among as many people as usually are at a mall. Usually when I'm there, my friends or parents hold me. This time, however, Lexie hadnt thought of bringing along her backpack so I couldnt be carried on her back. Her purse was too full to accommodate me. So she carried me a good part of the way, but then got tired (I didnt realize normal people could get tired holding about 8.5 lbs but I guess that's bound to happen if theyve been carrying me, umm the weight, for a while) so she set me down at her feet. Lexie was wearing her cowgirl boots, heels and all, so my head just barely topped the boots. Looking up at her knee, I noticed the pants material starting to fade, thought of telling her, and then decided against that. I am her “eyes” for below her knees, but I needn’t bother her with such trivia just now. Looking down at me from her height, Lexie just said, G, walk at your own pace, I'll be back in a few to find you. 

Now, I like to go to the mall to just see people, rather than be locked up in my house all the time, but it's kinda intimidating when everyone, and I do mean everyone, can crush you by stepping on top of you. I got jostled about a lot, just walking to the ice cream counter a few feet away. O great, how am I going to order anything here? The girls behind the counter definitely couldnt see me but a kid, I'd guess about 10 years old, saw me almost immediately and rushed over. 

Hey, you're Georgie, the tiny man, right? 

Umm, I guess, though I didnt realize I had gained a title in my fame. 

Do you need help getting ice cream? 

Yes, why thank you. I would love some mint chocolate chip, please? 

By this time, the girls behind the counter heard the kid speaking to something below their line of vision and therefore walked around to see who it was. I dont think 10 seconds had elapsed since the kid asked to help me and I was suddenly surrounded by about 20 pairs of....knees and legs. 

Such a tiny man! Look at him! He doesnt even reach my belt, momma! Is he real? Can I get one for Christmas? Please momma? 

Eventually, one of the counter girls smartly moved aside the "crowd" around me and bent down to ask my order. I gave it, and even handed her the right amount of change. O, I cant take this from you, she said. You just brought us a ton of business! Well, hmm, I thought to myself, maybe I should get out more? Could be good for my wallet, hehe. Then, just as she brought round for me my cup of ice cream, Lexie rushed up and squeezed me tight.

So glad I found you! How did you rush off so far from where I left you? I thought you had gotten lost, or trampled, big guy. She looked genuinely worried.

When she stood up, she walked over to the counter, and ordered a vanilla cone for herself. 

Lexie, is that you? 

Umm, exactly how many 6'7 girls do you know? Of course it's me! Since when do you work here, Emily?

O, I've worked here for a few months! Is that your brother over there? 

Yes, that's Georgie, famous little guy. Looks like he caused a ruckus here. Sorry about that!

Not at all! Why are you apologizing? It was actually great for business when people rushed in here to see the tiny man. We sold close to 20 cones in the three minutes. God, he is such a cutie! How old is he again?

O, the little guy is 24. But we like to think of him as negative three months. You know, premie age. Hehehe

Holy crap, Lexie, I'm tiny but I can still hear, you know! Give me some credit, I'm standing way below you, but I'm still here! 

Emily rushed around the counter, bent down and shook my hand (with her pinky, but still), saying in the process what a privilege it was to meet me and that she'd have to ask her manager, but she could almost guarantee me a free cup every time I'd stop by. Wow, I didnt know even how to respond to that. Above my head, Lexie's knee bent and kinda tapped me on the head, as her voice from way above me, prodded me "say thank you, big guy." Umm, thanks Emily! You rock. 

So humiliating to be treated basically as a baby by your baby sister! And in front of a hot girl, no less! One that was at least somewhat interested in me. But hey, welcome to my world.

Emily, still bent low, high fived me. Love it when a hand is shoved in my face, completing covering it, and all my torso too. Umm, no. It's much worse when Lexie does it, since her hand is enormous, but it's never fun, no matter who, and no matter the positive energy behind it.

Anyhow, after that Lexie held me, or at least walked very close to me as I walked too, and then we went home.

As we walked in, we realized Adam, from down the block, and his horse (ok, dog, but to me it's the same) had stopped by. I always try to avoid dogs, since they are invariably either my size or much taller, and then there's just way too much sniffing, and even licking, that kinda disgusts me. Which is why our family doesnt own a dog, even though my dad and Lexie really want one. Even cats I dont like too much since theyre not too much shorter than me, but are constantly rubbing up beside me, with their tail shot up in the air way above my head. It always makes me feel like theyre totally getting off on me. If you're tall and that happens to you, well, I guess you probably just brush it aside, because it doesnt really affect you so much. But at my size, cats that are shoulder height to me and way out-weigh me, rubbing themselves off on me, just makes me want to puke. I dont mind if cats or dogs are nearby, as long as they dont come too close to me. Once I literally jumped so high in fright as a dog approached me that I ended up halfway up Lexie’s thigh and then I just climbed her leg higher, until she picked me up and off her, holding me way out of reach of the panting dog. 

Anyhow, Adam usually wants my mom or dad to allow him to mow the lawn and stuff, obviously for pay. And they usually do, although I am almost sure it is mostly to just get him out of their house. He is a nice guy, Adam is, but he usually talks too full of himself and has numerous annoying habits I wont get into here. Adam's dog, Tigger (yes, really, that's his name!), is nice too, as far as dogs go, but again, I dont like them near me, including Tigger. I think Tigger at least senses this, so he doesnt rush at me like lots of other dogs do, thinking I am food or something they need to sniff. I'd like to think Tigger respects me, but who knows?

Adam was there to see whether I could help him with his computer which had kinda died the night before. Sure, I said, just keep Tigger away from me. No problem, little man. And then he promptly picked me up without warning (I hate when people do that!) and sat me on top of Tigger! How in hell is this keeping him AWAY from me, Adam?? I nearly screamed out my lungs on that one. I usually need to raise my normal speaking voice, if not actually yell, in order for most people to hear me. Plus, this time I was really pissed. Just messing with you, G, dont get all tangled up. God, I thought, this is going to be a long afternoon.

Lexie, off in the den nearby, having changed into really short shorts, long legs stretched out on the couch, just smiled, and waved to me as I left with Adam. All I know is, she better come get me soon!