- Text Size +

Hey everybody, Lexie here - Great to be here! I read all that the little guy has written, and OMG, I love him to pieces, the cutie-pie, but wow, he kinda exaggerates! At least on two things. He keeps saying he is 18 inches. I realize in the greater scheme of things, it's no big deal, but when you're that size every little detail counts. Much better to be as close to accurate as possible. So, trust me, we have measured him lots of times - it's so easy to do, it's almost comical - so we know precisely how tall the little man is. He is 45 cm on the dot, which works out to 17.7 inches, so, again, I know it's not a big deal, and I realize it's more convenient to just round up to 18 inches, but I don’t want anyone getting the idea that he's a quarter inch taller than he really is. 

Same with me. He wrote that I am "fully grown...6'7". It's true I am about 6'7 but no one knows if I won’t continue to grow. So no way he can know whether I'm "fully grown" as if that's my final height for life. I'm 16, for crying out loud, not 20. I got me some growing left to do! Well, I hope so, anyway. Chances are that I won't grow more, because face it, my dad's only 6'4, so how much taller could his daughter grow? But I love being tall and wouldn’t mind growing some more! That is, most days. Some days, however, I really wish I wish shorter, not Georgie-height of course (haha), but like 6 ft even. Being 6'7 means people are always making comments, or asking me stupid stuff. I know they are in awe, and mean no disrespect, but come on, that kinda stuff gets old really quick. Anyhow, yeah, I'm tall and living with a 24 year old who's the size of a newborn, maybe even a premie, is soo amazing, I can’t even begin to tell you. Well, I guess I have begun, but you get what I mean. Geez, when I look at pictures of real premies, like the micro kind, and I think of Georgie, wow, they are just totally alike. I mean Georgie by now has "grown" to a regular newborn's weight, but his length is still kinda like a premie. And his shoe size, OMG!, it's the same size as a micro-premie, you know, the kind that are like 1 to 3 pounds at birth. Not that they walk or really need shoes, but the companies make them for them, and their size is like 1-2 inches! Tiny tiny tiny! Yes, my little brother (whoops! he hates when I say that because it implies he is younger than me, but come on, give me a break, his size has never been greater than mine. As he's mentioned to you already, even when I just born I was way longer than him!! There are just so many ways in which he is NOT an older brother. Sure, he was born before me. But usually "older brother" implies he drives me around, or talks to me of dates he's had, or tousles my hair, gives me advice on life, or stuff like that. None of which Georgie has or can do. Wait, sorry, I take that back. Georgie does talk to me a lot about life, and helps me with homework a lot, just like any older brother would. The little man is a genius by the way. We kinda joke that God must have given him twice the brain but an eighth the size of a regular man!). Anyhow, yes, the little man (there, hope that's better) has feet that are just 2 inches long! Which means my pinky is longer than his entire foot! Together with 7 inch legs, trust me, he walks VERY slowly. Which is why we hardly ever let him just walk and instead pick him up to take him wherever. OMG, remember how I said I hate being my height sometimes since people are always staring and making comments? Just think what happens when he walks outside -- much worse! And then think about those rare occasions when he walks near me --- haha people get soooo confused! They look waaay up to me, waaaay down to him, and just can’t wrap their mind around the fact that not only are we related but that the tiny doll-man (is he even real?) near my feet is older than me!

One other thing he wrote kinda bothers me. He wrote I'm his "Giant" sister. Ok, obviously I am way taller than him, and taller than lots of people also. But there are lots of people as tall or even taller than me, it's not like it's I who am the freak of nature (sorry, little buddy!) Calling me "Giant" recalls to my mind, anyway, an ogre-like, the "fee-fi-faw-fum I smell the blood of an Englishmun" kind. I am definitely not like that. But yes, I am way taller (did I mention that?) than him. I think I would have even given him a run for his money in the height department even if he hadn’t been born with his condition. I mean, like I said, our dad is 6'4 so his children couldn’t be so much taller than that, right? Georgie may have been 6'7 maybe, maybe 6'9, but more likely 6'5, so I'd have had him beat anyway. Either way, though, it would've been fun to have an older brother like that. O well, I love the little guy sooo much just as he is. And there are just so many stories to tell about him, or us, I don’t even know where to begin.

Well, first off I should mention that both of us have to have our clothes special ordered. Me, I order most of my things online at Rock and Republic (yay!). There are other women my size so it's not like I'm their only customer. I do happen to have really really long legs. I don’t mean like the longest in the world, which is 52 inches, but I'm pretty dam close. I'm 48 inches long from heel to hip, which means, among other things, when our cutiepie neighbor Lauren stops by, if I happen to be in some heels, the top of her head just breaks my beltline! And yes, everyone always wants to know my shoe size. I don’t get the fetish, but whatever, I don’t mind. My feet are humongous and I hate them! They are 12 inches long which means I need like a 15 in mens, which is not terrible for sneakers, but finding a good pair of just regular girl shoes, or heels, stiletto or otherwise, is soooo hard. When I stand near Georgie, I think my big toe alone is as big as his entire foot! Which reminds me: to correct another thing he wrote: If I stick my foot up, heel on the ground, I cannot (easily) touch Georgie's chin -- I am definitely close to it, but not exactly. His head (tiny thing, I wrap it in my two hands and there’s still room there!) is like 4.5 or 5 inches long, so his chin is something like 13 inches off the floor. In any event, I can definitely see why it's intimidating to him. I would never, of course, intentionally block his exit from his tiny bathroom but I can see why he'd be scared of that too.

Getting back to ordering his clothes: like 15 years ago when my parents first started to order online, the company refused to believe the sizes that they had entered. They actually sent a rep to our house just to measure little G! But ever since then, his clothes are made to order. I joke that the people who make them must be tiny themselves because it'd be too hard otherwise to actually sew pants 7 inches long or underwear that could fit a Ken doll. (Haha I remember once my friend Becca asked me if we could dress G up in Ken's clothes. He's not that small, Bec! But wouldn’t you love it if he was? Umm, I said, seriously, he is a doll now, even at his size, why would I want to have him smaller? Calm down, I was just joking, Becca said. But I wasn’t too sure. She is a crazy one, my friend Becca; you definitely need to keep an eye on her.) When I wash his clothes in the machine, I have to pick up his shirts or pants with my fingers since they're so small! We do of course also have premie clothes for him, like literally a pjs or shirt that a 1-3 pound baby would wear. Also, every time he gets a new suit or pants, he comes to my room to ask if they look right or good. I have to bend down, squat actually, to look, but too often he's too low even for that, so I need to lift him (using one hand, by the way!) up to my bed or bureau so I can get a better look. When I do squat to look him over, if I am wearing a skirt rather than pants I know he is staring straight ahead at my undies, but seriously, he can't reach anything (his arms from shoulder to longest finger is 5.5 inches) so I figure what's the harm?

Ok, wow, I wrote so much but have hardly told you any stories. I will leave you one short one: My parents are big swim buffs so when they bought the house they got an olympic size pool put in also. I love it, we use it all the time! All except for Georgie. He is terrified! of pools. He won’t go near the ocean either. I don’t quite get it, but think about it...there are not too many pools in which he can stand in, and even the calmest waves in an ocean can easily carry him away quickly. But that's ok, we completely understand and respect him for it. I have promised him to teach him to swim, and it will happen soon, I am sure of it, but not just yet. Anyway, I like to invite my friends over a lot, and we swim or sunbathe on our deck. We look amazing in our bikinis, and walking around the deck we imagine we are walking down the runway at a beauty contest.  Anyway, once we were all just lying on our chairs, my feet were up on a chair nearby since beach chaise lounges are too short for me (boohoo! I know, it's crazy, right? sad but true). Anyway, the little guy was hanging out with us also. He's older than us but none of my friends care since G is like a little kid to us, doesn’t scare us a bit. So like I said, my legs were stretched out over two chairs, and G just walks under them to get to his chair. I'm like, Jenny, where’d the little guy go? And she was like, he totally walked under your pins, lady long legs! Sure enough, looking at G, he was smiling, giggling even, happy he had outsmarted his sister. Becca then got up, picking him up, turned him upside down, held him by his legs with one hand and threatened to drop his "tiny and sorry ass" in the pool. Obviously Becca was kidding, just meaning to scare the imp, but I've never seen G look so scared in my life! Realizing what was happening, I ran to Becca, and yelled at her to put him down. She complied but in the same second, by accident, G's tiny bathing suit fell off him and Becca was left with a tiny tiny naked man in her hands. I quickly ran over, grabbed G from Becca, picked up the bathing suit and rushed G to the side where I helped him back into it. Thankfully, he wasn’t too embarrassed though, since unfortunately this kind of thing happens all the time and me and my friends have seen him less than fully clothed lots of time. Still, it was an experience none of us want to see repeated, for the benefit of the little guy. We really do love him to pieces.