- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer:
After at least 10 years of lurking in the scene I finally decided to write for the first time.

This story is based on Jonahark's story a few years back 'Invasion of the Body Sharer(Byron's Saga), I personally find the setting of the world is very interested to write about. I have not gained his permission to rewrite his story due to the reason he has yet to reply me. So consider this as a Fanart or w/e. I do not claim the design of the world nor any other intellectual property this story withhold, this story is for entertainment purpose only. 

English is not my native language and It is first time I do a creative writing. So please be gentle when C&C

Author's Chapter Notes:

First half of the first day...

 

Disclaimer:
After at least 10 years of lurking in the scene I finally decided to write for the first time.

This story is based on Jonahark's story a few years back 'Invasion of the Body Sharer(Byron's Saga), I personally find the setting of the world is very interested to write about. I have not gained his permission to rewrite his story due to the reason he has yet to reply me. So consider this as a Fanart or w/e. I do not claim the design of the world nor any other intellectual property this story withhold, this story is for entertainment purpose only. 

English is not my native language and It is first time I do a creative writing. So please be gentle when C&C

July 1st (1)

'I'm gonna be late again!' I jumped off of my bed and quickly got into the shower to freshen up. If it were any other day it would have been fine, but today is particularly an important day for me at work, so I have to be there on time.

Oh did I forget to introduce myself? My name is Nick, 25, young professional working for a big tech firm in the city. Somewhat decent looking, at 6'2 I'm above the average height. I do workout sometimes just to keep my body fit not super buffed or anything. I live all by myself in my bachelor's apartment. 

Today I had this big presentation to do and my promotion next month depends on it therefore I have to hurry up. Upon finishing my shower, I put on my nice pair of pants and shirt hoping to leave a good impression to my supervisors. To my dismay, they felt a bit loose. Must have been all the workouts, I thought, I haven't wear these ones in a while. I mean, I always thought I'd be in shape if I lose another 10 pounds, so that's not too bad. 

Living in a big city means I don't really need to get my own vehicle, because subway would just be way faster. Entering the subway station, I took a look at my watch, 8:30, I'll get there on time, I told myself. I had practically been running all the way to the subway and now for the first time today, I start to notice there is something a bit different. The women here are all seemed ...taller? Secretly I always liked taller women, to put in a good way, I love seeing a girl eye to eye. But being 6'2 doesn't really help much, usually I'm towering over most women, very occasionally I see a girl with similar height or taller. 

It's not that comparing to me they are taller, it was comparing to most other males here waiting for the subway. Somehow I did't see many man that's taller than their counterparts. That's an interesting site, I thought. I mean, like what, the average height of men in America is 5'9 and women is 5'5, so it was definitely not weird to see almost every women here are about the same height or slightly taller to the men here right?

'I think you dropped this.' Heard a female voice speaking behind me. As I turned around, I see this brunette girl holding my subway card, and almost same height as me. Woah she must be really tall I guess, maybe 6'1, and very statuesque as well. 

'Oh woah, thank you so much, I didn't even notice.' I replied and took my card back when I notice she's got quite a large hand very feminine but sizable regardless. Tried to check her feet, no heels. Well she's got a cute face, really my type though, if I did not have to go through with all the work stuff while on the train I'd probably strike a conversation with her.

'No problem!' She said with a joyful smile and got in the train that just arrived. I followed in.

The rest of the train ride I was just focusing on the work stuff, uneventful.

I got to the office building 2 minutes to 9, feeling relieved. I walked in the elevator and as the door was closing, some one stopped the door and came in, it was a girl from another department from the same company, don't really know her name though but I have definitely seen her. 

'Hi, morning.' I said politely.

'Morning.' She replied. Then I noticed something weird. I do remember her being quite short maybe a 5'3 or something, I could totally look over her head but now im just barely looking over the top of her head. I quickly scaned her feet and to see if she is wearing heels. Okay she is wearing heels, but those were only 3 maybe 4 inches how? So far this day has been quite surreal to me it's not like all the women are magically become taller or anything right?

As I got to my desk, I find most of my co-workers are here already. I sad down on my chair, just about to do a final check when my team leader came up and said, 'Hey Nick, about that presentation today, it's canceled.' 

Jenny happens to be the leader of my little team. I wouldn't deny it she is quite attractive, being a few years older than me, she is quite the looker, your typical leggy blonde, with an impressive bossom. She's also quite tall, I never asked, but estimate her to be around 5'10 or 5'11 on barefoot.

'But, how? I mean why?' For a second I refused to believe this was happening.

'The director couldn't make it today. He's... umm...unwell.' Jenny sighed,' Sorry Nick, I know this means a lot to you, but don't worry you will get your chance.'

I tried to take in the fact that my biggest ticket to a promotion just gone, but I couldn't help and found something is off. Jenny, seems... bigger? Or should I say statuesque, you know how girl these days take words like 'big'. I don't know if it's the proximity of her body her seems more imposing than usual or is because...oh she's wearing heels. Wait that should not matter, I look closely, she just seems overall enlarged by a small factor, except for the clothes. Her buttoned blouse seemed just gonna break at anymoment now. And the skirt, her legs just seemed filled them up so fully.

Unconciously I stood up slowly, and if before in the elevator I was only suspecting, now it is confirmed. I was looking up to her while she was looking down to me. What. The. Heck. With that 3 inches heels she was wearing, she should be only about my height? Either I suddenly lost height or she gained and my height loss would explain that most men in the morning I saw were just not much taller than women.

Seeing me totally confused, Jenny shrugged,' Well, I see you have not heard, it's all over the news now.' 

'What news?' I was still in total shock.

'That all women on this planet just magically grew 2 inche taller overnight while all men are 2 inches shorter? There hasn't been any report for the cause of this just yet. But I think this is pretty good though, speaking of balancing of the sex, it's nice to see we are now literally on the same level.' She talks like that was just some ordinary event.

'Good news is you don't have any real work till the director is back, might just chill here for a bit or try to catch up on that side project from last week I guess.' Then she just gentlelly grabbed my forearm and said,' Don't worry handsome, it's gonna be alright.'

Wait that wasn't exactly professional, I was still either thinking about my hot female co-worker just grabbed my arm or about the whole women taller men shorter thing and she was already back to her desk leaving me idle standing there.

The rest of the time I couldn't focus on my work, I mean what the heck, this is like my fantasy but now as a reality? I guess it's fun to think about it but now as a reality? I can't decide if this is a good thing or bad. Forever be 2 inches shorter is definitely gonna be problematic.

I started to check on the social medias on my phone, without a doubt all the news is covering this new pheonomenen. Pretty crazy world, oh look, my buddy Brad just post new photo with her girlfriend with 'We're the same height now, Love it!', glad he is taking that pretty well, good for him. Suddenly this news caught my eyes, 'Experts confirming the change and it is still on going.' What, this is not over yet? I clicked and read it through, aparently, the change happend gradually from the midnight and women gain approximately 1 inch per 6 hour and men shrink 1 inch on the other hand. This is still happening. And with the new change, women gained somehow significantly more sexual apetite. Okay maybe that was not so bad, but is this gonna end?? Are we just gonna keep shrinking like this still maybe we all disappear in like a couple weeks?

Suddenly I got a text from EmmaHey I'm not doing anything tonight, you wanna come over?'

Emma basically my no string attached, I met her on the internet. She is a bit older than me in her early 30s, and divorced not so long ago. We met and quickly decide that she couldn't have an actually relationship this soon and I am too career focused to invest too much in relationship right now. But getting laid is nice too, so friend with benefits is the best we could do. Personally, I think I hit the jack pot, because at the age she is still such a stunner, typical scandinavian looking gorgeous blonde hair, mesmerizing blue eyes, fair skin and a always a nice smile.She is also very well educated and she seems very well off financially. It has to be the divorce I thought, although what kind of idiot would divorce someone like her? Emma is also very tall at 6'2 she rivals my height and that is just a plus for me.

My god but now, she would be 6'4 while I am only 6' even. No, by the end of the day when I get there, She would be 6'6 and me 5'10. Holy shit. Am I even up for such a challenge? Ahh, screw it.

'Yeah sure, what time should I come?' I typed.

'Actually, I think I'll just pick you up after you finish your work.' That was as fast as some could reply a text.

Sure... Guess that's the sexual appetite they were talking about then. 

Kept checking up the news, looks like some company is doing pretty well on the news, aparently Uni-Garb produce clothing that touted which could conform to the wearer's body regardless their size using some unknown technology. And this Nutra Syn Corp started to produce synthetic foods. There is also this company that produced special fixtures to raise the height of doorways all the way to 9 foot. Also new public transportation programs began to emerge. Well you gotta think this is not just for one day. See the bigger picture, clearly the difference will only become bigger in the next few days. 

Lunch break, I went to the little cafe by the office building, to grab some salad. On the way to there, I started to notice a bigger difference now. It was amazing how much difference 2 inches can make. For me I always thought that when two person's height is close a couple inches could make a world of difference. For example, 5'9-5'10 and 5'11-5'10 feels like so different, and it is part of the reason why I love women with heels so much, not just for the reason it enhances the silhouette of their already so nice calves. On the other hand 5'3 to 5'10 is not so much a different than 5'5 to 5'10, right? I guess it is part of the logarithmic thinking of human brain, but yeah it makes a lot of sense. The usually very petite young asian girl waitress suddenly seem pretty average height now and she is even taller than a couple customers around here. What an interesting new world we were getting into.

On my way back to work, I see this band of young girls just towering over everyone while walking down the street. Must be from a college sports team or something, I thought. As I walked past them, I noticed the tallest of them is almost a head taller than me. Just quickly doing the math, I must be around 5'11 right now, if she was maybe 6'4 or 6'5 before...Damn I didn't even wanna think about it anymore. This was too much to take just for now. Thought I need more time to adjust to the new world.

When I got back to work, Jenny was already waiting.

'Hey Nick, Ms Mason wants to see you.' Jenny seems taller than just a while ago. Not 'seems' she was actually just taller than a while ago, with my reduction in perspective adding in, she is about 4 inches taller than me in those heels.

'What's it about?' Ms Mason is the head of our department, she is pretty, confident and can be very intimidating sometimes. I didn't suppose this could be anything good.

'No idea, guess you will have to find out yourself.' Said Jenny. Not sure if it was me, but I detected a mischievous grin on her face.

Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully I get an update soon