- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Oh hey, this was a story I wrote. And I teased possibly doing an epilogue for it too. How about that? Haha. Well I took a few weeks to focus on some other writing, mainly commissions and the like but recently a bit of a mood hit me so here we are. Just kind of a glimpse into the daily lives of the characters. I hope you guys like it.

With that this story is officially done. Though I'm not sure if this'll be the last these characters crop up. Lately I've been putting serious thought into a storyline for a sequel. More than I'd care to actually haha. I have no idea if I'll ever actually write it out or not but it's been tempting me lately. Of course even if I do write it it's not seeing the light of day for quite a while. Hell this story took about four months and I spent another 3-4 posting it.

Still, whether or not I write a sequel. I wanted to thank everyone who read this. The reviews and seeing people slowly get into the actual story was both encouraging and, frankly, suprising. But enough with all this rambling, here's a fun note to cap this story off on.

 

----------------------------

 

 

“…And then it was just me. My comrades were down and the dragon was all that stood between us and our mission.”

Alexandra told her story excitedly, waving her hands in generous fashion for her audience. As she sat atop the building a number of children surrounded her booted feet with only the occasional parent towering over the younglings. The giant blonde pounded her chest, a wide, toothy grin on her face. “Twas a fearsome creature who stood twice my height. Scales coat a deep red in the blood of all he’d slain, with large, snapping jaws. His flames were stronger than any I’d ever seen and melted my sword into nothing but a pile of molten metal. With all my comrades down it fell upon me to slay the beast!”

The children oooh’d and ahh’d, seemingly blown away by the story the beautiful giant was weaving. Even their parents were engrossed despite having heard it a dozen times over at least.

“Funny, last time you told that story the dragon was barely taller than you and you had a sword hilt.” Of course, there was always a voice of skepticism.

Alex’s eyes widened as her head shot to her feet, where a young man had just rolled a barrel beside her boot. “I think you’re mistaken Emil.” The blonde stated with a slight flush to her cheeks.

Her Attendant heaved the barrel filled with ale right-side up and wiped fresh sweat from his brow. “And the time before that the dragon was shorter than you. I even think you had half a sword and a companion.” He smirked playfully at Alexandra. Seeing her get flustered whenever she got called out never ceased to be amusing. Now was no exception.

The giant gave him a stern look. A look that said he could expect to be massaging her for hours later on for this. Emil took the chance to snicker, furthering her blush. “W-Well, whatever my Attendant may think. The fact remains that the dragon was a dangerous foe and I was unarmed.” She cleared her throat, decidedly avoiding looking at Emil and focusing solely on her captivated audience.

“How did you beat the dragon without a sword?” One wide-eyed child asked. Whether he didn’t believe Emil or didn’t care, he still seemed as impressed as ever.

Without fail someone always asked this question when Alex told the story. Her response was immediate. She grinned and leaned down until her face was just above the group. “I rushed the beast head on!” Her bellowing voice blew the children’s hair back. “Caught off guard by my quick-wittedness, I managed to wrap my arms around his scaly body. His neck was by my teeth, and without a blade I had no choice…” Her teeth chomped, scaring the poor, enthralled kids into the ground.

“Easily the worst meal I have ever had.” Alexandra pulled back, laughing. “But after a few more bites the creature finally bled out and the day was won. All thanks to me.”

Her story was met with applause and children shouting about how they would one day slay a dragon just like Alex. Emil smirked. It wasn’t that long ago he himself was among those youths giving Alexandra awestruck looks. Now doing so was just his job. Funny what a bit of time did to a person.

“You got any more stories Lady Alexandra?” It was inevitable after that performance the kids would want more.

“Another story eh? Hmm…” The blonde tapped her lower lip. “Maybe the time me and my friends rallied an army? Or maybe…” Her blue eyes ventured over to Emil, mischief filling them. She bit her lip as if a passing thought excited her. Whatever that look meant, the Attendant knew it wouldn’t bode well for him. “Would you kids like to see a trick I picked up in my travels?” She asked.

“Yes!” Came the unanimous response.

Alexandra nodded. “I thought you would. Emil! Fetch me another barrel of ale.”

“You haven’t even touched the last one.” The young man griped as he looked at the barrel that he painstakingly rolled over to her boot.

“What did I say about talking back to your betters?” Alex frowned. Something about being in public always had her acting a bit smugger than normal.

Emil lazily scratched his head. “I dunno, but you asked me to be nice while we’re in public. That what you meant?”

The look on Alexandra’s face was worth the hours of foot massages and lip service he’d have to pay later. “Y-Y-Y…”

“Relax, I’m joking.” He laughed. “On it your Greatness.” The young man turned and walked off before Alex could get the last word in, a victorious smile on his lips.

It had been about a month since their return to Windermere. The Pilgrimage they went on seemed like a distant relic of the past. A lifetime ago really. Since then though, things had gone rather smoothly. Better than that in fact. With time, tending to Alexandra proved ever easier as Emil slowly grew stronger with each passing day. Not to mention there wasn’t a hint of apprehension in their interactions anymore. Was this what it was like to be in a comfortable relationship?

By day Alexandra did as she always had. Played with children, told boisterous stories, and just generally helped around the town with this or that. All the while Emil tended to every whim she had. On the surface it was the same relationship any Attendant had ever had with her. Although Emil was…different. As he did just now, he wasn’t afraid to speak back to Alexandra. He wasn’t afraid to laugh at her expense, or to face her wrath for embarrassing her. Quite the contrary, he often looked forward to it in a miscreant sort of way. It added a different flavor to their relationship than other Attendants. One that the town seemed to pick up on but for the most part not address.

Besides, the real fun in their relationship was in the night, away from prying eyes. When they were both free to leave the town and make camp as they always had. It was then that they could speak freely. Small talk, chats about life, love, rumors, even the occasional dabbling into philosophy. Of course, there were…other things they did. Things that were the subject of many bar rumors and the specifics of which were best not to think too much about lest he got distracted.

Emil soon reached the town brewery. One of them at least. “She wants another.” He piped up to a man surrounded by barrels filled with Alexandra’s favorite brew. He simply gestured to a barrel, otherwise remaining silent. “Thanks.” Emil offered a grateful smile and pushed aside a barrel at random, rolling it back where he had come a moment later.

Things weren’t perfect of course. He was still adjusting to the bulk of the town giving him the cold shoulder. Even if he seemed different from other Attendants thus far there was still a stigma that came with it. One that likely wouldn’t be going away any time soon either. Emil’d be lying if he said it didn’t bother him. There was definitely a feeling of loneliness that came with his new position, and while he couldn’t see it particularly affecting him in the long run; it wasn’t unthinkable to imagine someone else in his position growing to despise Alexandra for it. It was what it was however. No point in dwelling on something he couldn’t help. Or on people long gone from this world.

The bottom line was that he knew he was different from those other Attendants. Even if nobody else knew it, or even if Alexandra herself didn’t realize it, he knew it, and that was what mattered. He’d made a promise to the giant, and as simple-minded as it was he intended to keep it. It certainly didn’t hurt that failure to keep it might end in his death, or that keeping it meant he had a beautiful, giant lover to call his own. That may have had something to do with it too.

Before long Emil returned, fresh barrel in tow. “Here it is.” He grunted and sighed as he soon saw the first barrel still hadn’t moved an inch. Nonetheless, he rolled it into position by Alexandra’s towering boot and caught his breath.

“Excellent, now I can show these children my trick.” The blonde smiled and reached over. One by one her digits plucked the barrels and dropped them into her open palm.

Admittedly Emil was curious where she was going with this. That is, until the fingers returned and were moving towards him. “A-Alex!” No amount of struggles could have saved him from being dumped into her palm along with the barrels.

“Oh relax. You know I’d never hurt you.” Alexandra wore a devious smile.

“No, but you like to come too close for comfort.” Emil grimaced. Karma for his earlier comments sure came fast this time around. He peeked to the side of Alex’s palm, debating on whether a fall from this height would kill or seriously injure him. He didn’t care to find out.

“You kids ready then?” Whatever the blonde had in store for him, it looked like he was about to find out. The children waited in anticipation. “Behold!” Alexandra proceeded to skillfully toss a single barrel into her other hand.

The sudden jerk of her wrist made Emil lurch, his head dazed from being knocked around. “Ugh…” He groaned and attempted to brace himself. Without missing a beat Alexandra proceeded to toss the first barrel into the air and the second into her now empty palm. “Oh no…” Dots started to connect as Emil pieced together her trick. She wasn’t…

Before the first barrel could land back in her palm she threw Emil himself and caught it, and then the next moment she threw Emil, caught a barrel, and tossed another. The woman was juggling! With him no less!

“Not funny!” Emil felt like he was going to be sick as his world began to spin in every possible direction. Those words were his last for a while, replaced either by nausea-induced silence or nervous cries as he was tossed like a ragdoll. Direction lost all sense of meaning. Right was left. Up was down. The world was on its side and then it wasn’t. All of it a blur of rapid movement as he was tossed from hand to hand in spite of any voiced protests. At least the children seemed to be enjoying it. Not that Emil could see them. What with the world being a blur and all. 

Alexandra wasn’t particularly gentle about it either. For the sake of maintaining her juggling she had to be efficient, and efficient meant she couldn’t slow down for Emil’s sake. Although, thanks to his recent quips he doubted she wanted to anyway. He could only vaguely process the incoming palm of the giant moments before crashing into it with a painful thud. Then, before he could begin to react, he was tossed into the next hand for an equally grueling landing; and then he was thrown into the air to repeat the cycle all over again. All in less than a couple moments.

Emil was certain he was going to vomit ten seconds in. Yet, through some miracle, he’d lasted over five minutes without spewing out the contents of his stomach. The children were enthralled, and Alexandra simply hummed a merry tune whilst she casually juggled. Of course, she was taking great care not to hurt him, even Emil could realize that. But damn if it wasn’t grueling in its own uniquely hellish way.

“And now it’s time for the big finish.” Alex grinned as her hand tossed a barrel up especially high. Without missing a beat, she leaned forward with her mouth ajar, where the barrel crashed into her awaiting maw and broke upon impact. She briefly savored the taste before swallowing, humming joyfully. All while she continued juggling Emil and the other barrel; though it wasn’t long before she threw the second barrel and did the same thing once again.

With only Emil left, she tossed him especially high. Finally, free from spinning for the moment, he could feel the dizziness begin to subside. The world remained wobbling and slowly came into focus. Alexandra’s immense frame. Her radiant blonde hair. And her mouth. Her open, salivating, eagerly awaiting him mouth. Which naturally he was heading right towards.

It was a favorite game of hers to see who would cave first in these situations. Her Attendant was no stranger to her mouth and the sights it offered. Be it the thick globules of saliva or the thin facsimiles of spittle connecting her pearly white teeth in strands. None of it was anything new; but invariably Emil always caved. Primal fear overriding the common sense that this was all simply a game. “A-Alex!” He cried out.

Victorious, Alexandra closed her mouth and grinned. Her hand came up to her breast plate and pulled it back to reveal the bosom beneath. Just by casually adjusting herself, she assured that Emil landed in the depths of her cleavage, crashing against the breasts with a bounce. Alex released her top, effectively sealing him inside.

“Ta-da!”

The children laughed and clapped. “More! More!”

Alexandra smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her head. “Maybe later okay? I think I gotta go check up on some things. Besides, I think my Attendant’s feeling a bit dizzy.” After assuring the children she’d be back to amuse them later, she stood back up and waved everyone goodbye, finally walking away.

Movement rustled from her bosom as a tiny head poked from her shirt. “Not….haaaa….haaa…funny!” Emil looked like he was ready to puke.

“Really? The children seemed to disagree.” Alex smirked. “Maybe next time you can think twice before interrupting one of my stories.”

There was a witty rebuttal and some sarcastic remark in there somewhere; but for the life of him Emil was too worn out to make it. So instead he settled on grumbles and shooting the blonde a death glare.

“Don’t pout at me. I’ll make it up to you later.” She chuckled. “Seeing you flail around helplessly like that put me in something of a mood.” The giant added with a bit of a sultry tone.

“Lucky me.” Emil averted his gaze, very clearly interested in what the blonde was offering but too stubborn to admit it. He sighed and nuzzled against a breast. “You better make it good.” He groused like a pouting child.

“Only the best for my Attendant.”

“You’re lucky you’re cute.”

“And you’re lucky you belong to a cute woman.” Alexandra fired right back with a smug smirk.

Emil rolled his eyes and got cozy, wearing a faint smile of his own as Alexandra wandered towards her next whim.