- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Leslie does her laundry.

"Yes, I'm moving," Jen told Leslie as they stood in the kitchen. "What do you care, you'll probably be happy."
"No, I won't!" Leslie told her, sounding serious for once. "I..I'm going to miss you! It's just fun to mess with you, but you're my sister and I love you! Now you're leaving and we won't get to do anything together."
"You really mean that?" Jen's scowl was turning more lighthearted. "Well, I mean if you just want to hang out with your awesome big sister we could work something out."
"I don't recall saying awesome," Leslie said with a smirk.
Jen and Leslie worked out their differences and decided to work together on getting the house clean. Jen took over sweeping and cleaning the kitchen since Leslie sure didn't do a good job, and Leslie set about to do her laundry and work on another part of the house. Jen promised if they got a good amount done then they would have time to hang out afterwards, so the girls worked with diligence. 

---

Mike was free falling along with all the other dirt and debris from the dustpan. Thanks to whatever motion Leslie did at the last second, he was spared from falling into the depths of their kitchen garbage, but he was still making a sky dive towards the floor and their feet. The ground approached slowly at a quick rate as he was several feet off the ground, and soon Leslie's bright orange socks were becoming his landing zone. He was glad he wasn't going to crash land on the tile floor, but he had already dealt with his sister's socks yesterday, and he didn't want to go there again.

Before long Mike crashed into Leslie's socks and partially fell right into a small gap before he was caught. The softness of them cushioned his fall slightly, but it was still rather uncomfortable. He now found his lower half dangling insider her sock between her toes, with his upper body exposed on the outside, only his arm strength keeping him from falling all the way in. This was short lived as the sky turned dark and Mike looked above to see the enormous sock of Leslie covering him. The bright orange had become a dull color due to the massive amounts of dust sticking to them via static cling. He could do nothing as her socked foot lowered onto his puny form.

For an instant Mike felt the pressure and warmth of being smushed between his sister's feet, but it was soon over as her foot lifted, along with her tiny brother now a passenger, also adhered to the sole of her sock due to static cling. Plucked from his spot dangling between her sock threads, Mike screamed as he crashed face first into the kitchen floor once more beneath his sister's foot. The layer of dust was preventing him from falling into her sock, but was also clinging him to it, forcing him to endure her weight as she stood. 

It only got worse for Mike as Leslie started to walk, and he found himself being whipped back and forth from the momentum of her walking. As she took her step her entire weight pressed down on her foot, and Mike was shoved into the rough fibers of the carpet, prickling him with their ends, but he still adhered to her sock, and was again brought up and whipped around, only to be shoved back into the carpet. 

Within just a couple steps Mike was disoriented and woozy, but Leslie showed no signs of stopping as she walked and walked. Even though Mike was free of the lint ball from before, he was still at the mercy of his younger sister as she simply walked around the house. Mike tried not to think about it, but the fact his sister was walking all over him like he was nothing kept creeping back into his head and upsetting him. Only a few days ago he had been bickering with her about something stupid, now she was just shoving his face into the ground like the piece of dust he was on her sock, and she didn't even know. Still, she showed no signs of stopping. 

After several more stomps, Mike found the drop to the next floor crash was just a bit longer than normal, and more stiff. Through his brief instances of thoughts he could get out between being mashed by his sister, he figured she was heading downstairs. Mike didn't want to go downstairs, lest he finally became detached from her sock. It would be near impossible for him to make it back upstairs. But Mike wasn't in control, he had to follow the will of his sister's socked foot, and that was heading downstairs. 

With the stairs over, Mike was continued to be mashed into the carpet of the basement, but that changed soon as the plushness tuned into cold, hard stone, and things for horrible for Mike. Accustomed to the softness of the carpet, Mike wasn't expecting the abrupt turn of rough, bumpy stone, and took the blow pretty hard. Leslie was pretty light, but with his size even light was a massive amount of weight to be shouldering. The stone easily busted his lip, but Leslie showed no signs of caring as he was whipped again and again and slammed into the unforgiving stone floor. 

Leslie finally settled in a location, leaving her tiny brother battered and bruised beneath her sock. He wasn't sure how much more of this he could take. Leslie would have to walk back across the stone floor, and back up the stairs. And Mike knew she always rushed up the stairs, he would be smashed even more. And on top of that, he was still stuck! What if he never got off her sock? Would he be stuck here forever? Mike didn't want to think about that. Mike was raised a small bit into the air, before slamming into the stone again, as Leslie began to tap her foot. 

Just as he was wanting to give up, Mike was lifted off the ground again, and then his world started to move. He felt a whipping force, but still found himself stuck to her sock, as it slowly lifted high into the air. And soon Mike was the highest he ever was at this height, and found himself face to face with his sister Leslie. Recognizing this as his best chance of ever getting someone's attention, Mike called out to her through his battered face.

---

After parting ways with Jen, Leslie went to her room and gathered up her discarded clothes from the floor. Once she got everything, he left and headed downstairs to the laundry room. It was nice a peaceful down here, and extremely quiet, one could probably hear a pin drop down there. Once she got to the washing machine, she started loading her clothes into the machine and began to tap her foot to distract from the monotony. 

Once her hamper was empty, she remember the socks she was wearing, and bent down to take them off, before bringing them upwards. Looking at them, she saw they were covered with dust and other stuff stuck to them. Ew, she thought, remember not to wear socks when sweeping. Seeing nothing on interest on her socks, she casually tossed them into the washing machine, before dropping a load of detergent into it, turning it on, and closing the lid. She then went upstairs and began to help Jen with cleaning the house.

---

Mike stared into Leslie's emerald green eyes and screamed her name once again. It was dead silent in the basement, but she made no notion of hearing his pitiful cries. He truly was that insignificant to her. He looked into her innocent eyes one last time as he world tumbled throughout the air before falling into the depths of the washing machine. He stared up as his sister appeared above him bathed in light and dropped a load of powdered detergent over him and the clothes. The sound of rushing water took over Mike's eardrums as she turned the washing machine on, and he screamed at her once more as her face disappeared from view and she shut the lid, sealing Mike in darkness.

Mike was in a lot of trouble. He was in complete darkness, still stuck to Leslie's sock, and nothing but a mere speck while the water level continued to rise. After a bit, Mike could feel the water begin to soak the sock, and he took a deep breath and began to hold it. He wasn't sure how well this would work, but he had to try. Within a second he was completely submerged and did everything he could to stay calm and hold his breath. It was getting harder and harder as time passed, but he held on. And soon, the machine started, and clothes were flung every which way inside it.

The sock Mike was on was hurled violently towards the side, and Mike found his face no longer submerged. Hesitant at first, he eventually couldn't hold it anymore, and gasped for air. And he found some. He was confused at first, but thinking about it, he realized he must have been pressed up against one of the holes where water drains from. How fortunate. While able to breath, the washing machine was no pleasant experience as he was being tossed back and forth at a high speed, easily making him feel sick. 

Mike was pretty thankful now that the sock was adhered him very well. With his position, if he had fallen into the hole, he would be drained out as well, and end up in the sewers. He would never recover from that. In a rare lighthearted moment given his predicament, Mike found it ironic that what saved him from that doom was the washing machine not doing it's job of removing dirt from clothes. Maybe that was fate's way of telling him that he was above dirt. Reminding him that he was human. Or maybe his body was just stuck by the sock treads and he wouldn't have come off anyway. 

After several many more minutes of being jerked around uncomfortably against the side of the machine, the world finally stopped, and Mike could hear all the water leaving. He had survived the washing machine, leaving him to sit in darkness for several more minutes, until he heard the sound of the lid opening, and light flooding into the machine. Mike had forgotten one key part of laundry. After the washing, the clothes go into the dryer. The sock fell loose from the side of the machine, and Mike looked up to see the hand of his sister picking up the sock and a few other clothes, before being tossed violently into another machine. Mike saw the lower half of Leslie before the door closed again, and he was once more shoved into darkness.

Mike felt the world start to tumble, slowly at first, before getting faster and faster. In the darkness, it was hard to tell which way was up or down, but it was constantly changing it didn't matter. Once he reached the apex, he felt weightlessness take over him as the sock fell downwards by gravity, followed by several other clothes that collapsed on top of him. And this repeated several times, quick and quicker.

The heat was rising as well, and Mike quickly started to sweat. The dryer was doing it's job as the moist sock was becoming tighter on Mike's body, holding him closer to it, and making it even warmer for him. And still the machine tumbled and spun and Mike fell and rose. The area was comparable to a sauna, except without the steam, as the temperature rose higher and higher. And as it did so the clothes only got warmer, and Mike got warmer than that. It was almost burning to his minuscule body. 

And for nearly an hour Mike was unceremoniously tossed and rolled inside the pitch black dryer. Again, he was thankful that the sock had clung on to him. He was worried what would have occurred to him if he had been loose during this. The clothes could have bent him the wrong way, or he could have gotten stuck in the lint trap, and then discarded in the downstairs trash. He was by no means happy or excited about being loosely sewn to his sister's sock, but there were much worse alternatives. 

And as the machine settled down, Mike was left in darkness still, and heat still active, but slowly receding away. It was unpleasant, but he had managed to survive both the washing machine and dryer. He was pretty dehydrated, and couldn't do much about that, but he was alive. Stuck, and still at the mercy of his younger sister whenever she decided to wear these socks again. But he was alive. Now if only get could get big again.

Light poured into the dryer and the sock Mike was on was yanked out along with a few other clothes, and dropped into a large bin. More and more clothes dropped on top of him, burying Mike in radiating heat, and pressure increased. And he heard the muffled sound of the dryer door closing, as he bin was lifted, and Mike went along for the ride. 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 7.