- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Mike's sisters come home.

Molly was one of Mike's older sisters. She was only a single year older than him, at 23, but she was older nonetheless. She had spent her Friday so far working at a local restaurant, and finally got off, though it was still early in the day. She wasted no time getting home, though it wasn't like she had any plans. Molly was a nice girl, but she didn't have many friends she did things with. She was very much a homebody and stayed in her room, though she did enjoy going out for the occasional walk every so often. Reaching her home, she unlocked the door, and stepped inside, and proceeded to climb the stairs to the hallway next to the kitchen. 

"Mike, you home?" Molly called out, unsure where he was at this time. She was never sure what he was doing. "I guess not," she said as she mindlessly took a step into the kitchen. She knew her other sisters and mother weren't here. Looks like she had the house to herself for the time being. Wanting to make use of the time, she went down the hallway towards her room, being at the end of the hallway, opposite Mike's. She took off her work clothes, removed her sneakers, and slipped into something more comfortable being taking up residence in her bed and grabbing whatever book she was currently reading at the moment. 

---

Mike didn't even bother trying to stand up; any movement from his sister would knock him back down again. He could barely move anyway, being so stunned from the sheer magnitude of his sister Molly. She was several miles away, at the entrance of the hallway, but she still looked absolutely massive. Mike had to crane his neck as far as he could just to see up to where her face was, and even then he could barely tell it was Molly. 

Sensing the ground not shaking anymore, Mike took the chance to burst up and run towards her, screaming her name out and waving his arms. Just maybe she would notice and help him. He hadn't told her he was going to be gone all weekend, just his mom. So she might think he should still be here! She might think there was something amiss. But she didn't. And she walked back into the hallway causing Mike to slip up once again as she disappeared behind the wall and he was left with the fading footsteps she left. In hindsight, Mike thought it was pretty dumb to go screaming at her. Not only was there no way in hell she was going to notice the speck that he was now, but he wasted energy he didn't have to spare. 

Mike walked along the floor a bit longer, before getting too tired and taking a seat on the floor to collect this energy. He took the time to contemplate his next action. There was no chance of him ever getting to his room on foot. Not only would it take forever, but now after seeing his sister in her now gigantic size, he was never going to get through the hall safely. Let along get their attention. Molly's room was also at the end of the hall, so getting to her room was out of the question at all. He wasn't sure what time it was, but he knew someone else would be coming home soon, and he figured he should be prepared for that. 

Except, there was nothing he could even think of to prepare for such a situation. Nor did he have any time as the rumbling of the front door opening and closing occurred again, and Mike stared at the horizon of the stairs to see who was approaching now. Slowly a face emerged from the edge and Mike made it out to be his other older sister, Jen. 

---

Jen was the oldest child in the family, being 26. She had a boyfriend, and often spent time with him, but hadn't moved in with him yet. Though she was actually planning on doing it soon, she just hadn't told her mother about it yet. She loved her sisters and enjoyed spending time with them, but on occasion she felt herself more mature than them, sometimes even acting as the second mom when their mother wasn't home. 

Walking up the stairs, Jen stepped into the kitchen and went to the refrigerator to grab a bottle of water real quick. Her  boots made a loud smack as she stepped down onto the tiled floor of the kitchen, but she disregarded this as she got her water, and headed to her room down the hallway. She took her shoes off, got comfortable, and got on her computer to search for whatever it was she was searching for.

---

Mike watched helplessly as his now enormous sister Jen effortlessly hiked over the horizon and stood full view in front of him at the entrance of the kitchen. Normally, Jen was taller than Molly by a few inches, but to Mike, it really didn't matter. She was huge, and he was not. Not wanting to make the same mistake as with Molly, Mike didn't scream out to Jen as she walked right towards him. He did, however, scream. 

Mike could do very little as Jen took a single step into the kitchen. Her dirty, scuffed-up, heeled boots created a distinctive loud smack against the hard floor that was only amplified at Mike's short stature, and the quake it caused made him lose all balance. Unlike with Molly, though, Jen took more than once step, and Mike could only scream in terror as her steps came closer to his meaningless body and the quakes and smacks got stronger and louder. 

Her shoe landed several feet away from Mike, creating a small draft sending the thin layer of dust flying towards him. And Mike, now being as close to his sister as he had been so far at this height, fully realized the scope of just how damn small he was. Even a few feet away, Mike could tell how minuscule he was. Compared to just the heel of her boot, it looked like his house did from outside normally. And it only kept raising higher into the hair, where the boot stopped and her jeans began. And it kept raising, but Mike couldn't make out anything much above that. No man-made object ever went that far into the air, so Mike had nothing to compare her to. And here he was, nothing but a single little speck compared to her. 

And in an instant, the larger than life leg of hers lifted up with no effort, as she walked to the right, before she came back around and walked out of the kitchen, leaving leaving Mike behind in her dust. Mike wanted to just break down and cry, and he wasn't far off from doing so. He was small, smaller than he even thought before. He knew he was tiny, but this....this was unreal. Even if he had managed to make it all the way down to his room, even if he had managed to somehow get to the top of his table and reach his phone...How the hell would he even use it!? His phone itself was probably the size of a house. Would the screen even register him as anything? Dust always fell on his phone and it didn't do anything, so would he? 

No....NO! Mike wasn't just going to give up. Okay, so maybe getting anyone's attention from the floor was never going to happen, and maybe it would take some time...But he was not going to just give up!! Hell, he really hadn't even been shrunk for that long. Maybe it'll reverse itself after a day, and he'll be back to normal? If that was the case, he just had to stay out of the way! Yeah, that must be it. He was panicking for nothing. He was going to be fine. People don't normally shrink, so maybe it's just some temporary thing, yeah! He'll be back to normal in no time. He just had to find a nice safe place to hide for the time being. Confidence now steaming out of him, with a grin too big given the situation he found himself in, Mike triumphantly trekked once again across the kitchen floor in search of a temporary hiding spot. 

---

Some time after Mike started his trip again, the front door opened and closed once more. In came the last and youngest of Mike's sisters, Leslie, who had just returned home from school. At 18 years old, she was in her last year of high school, and was simply ready to get it over with. After climbing the stairs, she took a few quick steps into the kitchen to see if her sisters were in the living room right next to it. They weren't. Wanting to get her homework finished and out of the way, she walked back through the hallway to her room. "Hey, I'm home," she shouted to whatever sister was listening, just letting them know she was safe. Their mother had them do it, just since she was the youngest. She was 18 though, and felt she was mature enough to be by herself. 
Once in her room, she kicked off her Keds, tossed her backpack onto the chair and proceeded to get out the school work she needed to complete. It was math, ugh, great. Reluctantly, she laid in bed in some uncomfortable position and was getting her homework over with. 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 2.