- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Another likely shorter story. Likely will end up as no more than 5-6 chapters and probably be shameless smut on my part but who knows? 

 

Oh yes, if you've ever wanted a more easy way to get in contact with me (for whatever reason) I'm on Deviantart now. Little easier than using the GW contact thing haha. I'll be uploading most of my stuff there as well. http://inwiththebooks.deviantart.com/

 

Okay, shameless blurb over with. On with the show!

 

“Lab 14-C. Lab 15-C…”

 

Yvette muttered under her breath as she walked along the winding and maze-like halls of the Grand Spire, eyes flickering over each door she passed. One would think they’d put a map up or something considering how easy it was to get lost. She stopped at a split in the hall, running her fingers through her hair as she considered the split. Even numbers were on one hall and odds were on another. Hers was even so she walked down that hall. The first day and she had gotten turned around like three times just to find her way there.

 

Her heart was aflutter and her stomach felt a little uneasy. Combining those with a dry throat was probably a recipe for disaster. The last thing she wanted to do was to throw up on her new mistress’ robes out of nervousness. She couldn’t help it though; this was her first posting as an Apprentice. The young elven mage had barely managed a wink of sleep last night such was her anxiety. What would her mistress be like? Would she be strict, kind, funny, or maybe uptight? What about her research? Her placement letter hadn’t exactly elaborated on that bit.

 

The gentle glow of the mage lights upon the path provided bright illumination even as her path led her down a flight of spiraling stars. The Grand Spire was clearly designed to screw with its inhabitants, how was she ever going to remember this whole route? She licked her lips as she reached the bottom and was confronted with a door banded with two strips of iron across it, sturdy and thick. The plaque upon it read…

 

“…Lab 30-C: Human Behavioral Research.”

 

Yvette blinked and reread the name. Sure enough it was the same. She lifted a brow. Human Behavioral Research? What kind of magical study was that? Why would anyone find value in researching anything about humans? Unless it was researching what kind of spices and sauces they went best with Yvette didn’t see much purpose to it. Let alone why she’d been sent here of all people. The elf sighed and blinked as she waved a hand before her.

 

A thrill ran through her as she reached within herself, tugging at the strings of her very being. She pushed it out from herself and into the air before her. A chill ran through the immediate area, the water in the air crystalizing to form an icy mirror. A simple trick of magic really though the act of casting was always pleasurable. The elf checked herself in her new mirror, running her fingers through her hair and along her form. Regardless of the bizarre field of research she needed to look her best for her mistress.

 

A golden crown of hair was pulled into a long brain, bangs parting to frame a heart shaped face. Blue eyes stared back at her, the dark circles beneath her eyes barely noticeable thankfully. Her form was covered in a plain white toga with a tunic under it, sandals upon her feet. Her nails were polished though unpainted, indicating relative wealth though not outrageous amounts. Her form was slim, whip-like, lacking much in the way of curves though she’d rather unflatteringly been compared to a snake once.

 

With a nod to her reflection the ice started to melt upon her command, an orb of water drifting in the air. With another phase change it turned to water vapor, wafting away through the air with little effort or expended energy. Yvette walked up to the door and grabbed hold of the simple iron knocker, taking a deep breath before tentatively tapping at it. With that done she stepped back, smoothing out her clothes and trying to draw herself up to her full height of six foot flat.

 

She fidgeted as there was no response for the longest while. Perhaps she needed to be a little louder with the thing? With a heavy and shuddering sigh she stepped up to the door again and placed her hands on the knocker, palms sweating. She was paralyzed for a moment, fearful that she might be bothering her mistress and she was just busy with something. In the end she managed to knock, this time with some force behind it.

 

The response was immediate as there was a loud crash from beyond the other side, followed by a rather loud thump and a clattering of unseen glassware shattering upon the floor. “Fuck me, ah come in! It’s unlocked! Ack, get back here you little bastards! Not getting away from me that easily!”

 

Yvette winced as she heard more glassware shatter followed by a number of explicatives that would make a sailor blush. The blonde swallowed and pushed open the door, half expecting some manner of zoo on the other side of the door. As it turns out it wasn’t exactly a zoo, but it certainly didn’t look like the Acolyte Labs the instructors had them keep clean.

 

The entry chamber was a rather wide space. Desks and tables were stacked high with test tubes, cages, and parchment. It was as messy as it could possibly be, the shattered glass and fallen stool only added to the image. Below the long table in the center was the woman that was presumably her mistress, though at the moment all Yvette could see was her rather full and filled out rear as the woman groped around under the table.

 

The Apprentice cleared her throat. “Uhhh… Mistress Cordelia? I’m your-.”

 

She was cut off from introductions as the other woman hit her head on the bottom of the table. A hand started gesturing wildly in Yvette’s general direction. “Don’t let them get out! Quick, grab them!”

 

Yvette blinked before looking down at the floor. A small group of inch high humans were scampering as fast as their little legs could carry them along the floor. They clearly didn’t have an escape plan as the four tiny beings were scampering in all direction. One had tried to make a break for the door. Indeed the tiny man nearly made it past Yvette’s towering feet. Unfortunately for him, now she’d actually zeroed in on him.

 

The blonde expended minimal effort to knock him onto his back, flicking him idly with the toe of her sandal. She snatched him up, gripping his squirming and squealing form firmly in her soft hand. Blue eyes scanned the floor and she moved to intercept two. The male was holding the female’s hand, dragging her along towards a desk to seek shelter under it. She snorted. It was almost like how an elf might react. Cute.

 

They nearly made it, relief evident in their expressions. The booming steps of Yvette grew closer and closer however they were close to their goal themselves. The safety of the desk was a sprint away. The safety being stolen from them as Yvette’s sandal clad foot slapped down right in front of it. The man’s momentum kept him going a bit, he ended up smashing face first into the exposed flesh of Yvette’s foot and getting knocked back. It wasn’t long until the screaming couple watched the shadow of the elf’s hand descend upon them, snatching away their temporary freedom with ease.

 

The other elf snatched up the last slow one, letting out a sigh of relief as she noted Yvette had recovered the other three. “Whew, thanks. That was a near disaster. Would have been set back on mating behavioral research by quite a bit. I owe you a drink for the quick assist. Quick with those hands and feet, oh to be young again.”

 

Yvette now had a good look at her supposed mistress and found her breath stolen away. A full and filled form towered over her at a seven foot height, certainly tall even for an elf. Brown hair was rather short, unruly curls sprouting here or there. Her hazel eyes had some drooping eyelids at the moment, the sand around her eyes indicating she had likely just gotten up. Judging from the stool, likely she had been sleeping before the knock. Her form was covered in a white toga trimmed with gold with a tunic beneath. Her feet were bare, sandals tossed aside in the corner. There were the slightest signs of age around her eyes, marking her as getting up there in the centuries. A smile was set on her angular face as she held out her hand for the humans.

 

Yvette brought her squirming handfuls over and dumped them into her mistress’ hands, the woman putting them in a firm grip. “As I was saying, Mistress Cordelia, I’m your new Apprentice. Yvette is my name.”

 

An elegant brow quirked up as Cordelia seemed to regard her in a new light. “That a fact? Well those quick feet and hands will serve you- and me- well in your tenure here.” She said, nodding towards a fallen cage upon the floor.

 

The young elf blinked before starting at the order and picking it up. Inside there was an unfortunate human man that had gotten injured from the fall the cage had gotten, a female muttering to him in their guttural and base tongue. As she set the cage on the table Cordelia sighed at the sight, shaking her head as her brow creased in irritation.

 

“Great. The woman is salvageable but looks like he’s a goner. Actually… hmm… haven’t researched how quick they rebound from the loss of one mate and attach to another. Might be a blessing in disguise.” She muttered aloud before looking at Yvette.

 

“You aren’t a humanitarian are you?”

 

Yvette wrinkled her nose. “Not at all, why would I have empathy for our former slave masters?”

 

Cordelia nodded in approval. “Good because in my lab there’s no room for that. In that case, if you’re hungry you can eat him. Consider it thanks for the quick save.”

 

Yvette looked down at the injured man. He and his mate didn’t understand elven it looked like, so they didn’t know what was being discussed. She supposed she was feeling a tad peckish now that it was mentioned, something to line her stomach before lunch would be welcome as she’d skipped out on breakfast. She smiled at her mistress in thanks and reached down into the cage, the shadow of her hand falling over the pair.

 

The tiny woman started pounding at her pinkie, screaming at her in a language Yvette didn’t know or care to know. She idly flicked her aside and instead grabbed her treat between her thumb and forefinger. He struggled weakly as she lifted him up, let out a cry of pain as she didn’t seem to care much about his injury. The elf opened her mouth, strings of saliva forming and breaking as her warm breath washed over the man. Below his mate had recovered and was screaming bloody murder.

 

Yvette promptly tossed the inch high treat into her mouth and closed her lips, swishing him around. She got him nice and coated in her slippery saliva, her tongue caressing every inch of his form. Not bad really though the human certainly could have used some seasoning, raw human was nice but properly prepared they were a meal without compare. She pushed him into her cheek and opted to keep him there for a bit, figuring it best to get the most out of the flavor. The elf started suckling on him like hard candy, occasionally running her tongue along his back.

 

Cordelia had finished putting the others into the cage and looked Yvette up and down. As she noted what she was doing with her meal she actually laughed a little, smirking at the younger elf. “You know, in my day we just ate them. When people started coating them with sugar that happened.” She said, pointing to Yvette’s cheek.

 

The young elf let out a chuckle. Meanwhile inside of her cheek the human was drowning in her saliva, thrashing and trying to escape the prison of her cheek. Yvette simply closed her teeth and sealed him there, letting the flavor settle over her mouth for a while. Those sugar coated humans were pretty good as well she supposed. After a while she felt the futile struggles of the human cease, his lungs filled with Yvette’s saliva.

 

She let him settle upon her tongue and without further preamble swallowed hard. She worked her throat muscles ever so slightly and he slipped right down, no fuss and his form already nicely slippery from her saliva. She let out a sigh as she felt him arrive in her stomach, the organ pleased to finally have something lining it. The elf looked over to her mistress and smiled at her, bowing her head respectfully.

 

“If it’s something sweet I prefer chocolate covered humans myself. Honey covered ones are good as well but they get all sticky. Messy handfood really.” She remarked.

 

Cordelia waved a hand. “Straight up is still best if you ask me. Alive and kicking. Maybe with wraps around them and lightly salted, but alive and mostly plain. Anyway, enough about food. Now I’m getting hungry and I can’t afford to eat most of the test subjects. Let’s move onto your duties if you’re ready.”

 

Yvette let out a tiny little belch and pounded a hand against her chest, a flush coming to her cheeks. “Excuse me. Anyway, as you wish Mistress Cordelia. Lead on.”

 

She waved a hand. “Enough of this Mistress business. Makes me sound old. Cordelia will do.”

 

Yvette nodded, her smile widening and her nerves set at ease a bit. So far this wasn’t looking half as bad as she’d feared.