- Text Size +

I drew one last breath of tobacco free air and steeled myself for the impact of smoke. Opening the door released a cloud that fell to the floor, escaping into the relatively unpolluted air. My first instinct was to hold my breath, but the best way to approach James’ office was to get that first intake over and then just make conversation quick. The building was supposed to be tobacco free, but James was allowed to break numerous rules due to his giving nature that had almost everyone turning a blind eye out of respect for him.

 

It was not my first time going to him, but that did not keep me from choking as I hastened to close the door, keeping the smoke contained. “Ah, Bekah, you came to visit,” James called over his shoulder, his eyes never leaving the illuminous computer monitor.

 

“You told me to come, James,” I reminded.

 

“Right, yes,” he delightedly chirps. He whirls his chair around, dramatic as usual. “I have something for you!”

 

I rolled my eyes, chuckling lightly. “I never would have guessed.”

 

He waved off my sarcasm. “There is a high class gig on the market, but it is being kept totally hush hush. But,” he waggled a finger, “I got my sources and they gave me the lead.”

 

“Oh yeah?” I shook my head at his antics. “So what is this gig?”

 

He let his glasses fall to the end of his nose, peering over them at me. “That is the thing – no one knows. All that anyone can tell is that it is super coveted and may as well stamped ‘top secret: level eight clearance’ or some shit.”

 

“Uh huh,” I raised my brows.

 

“Look, word is you are hurting and this is one of those kinds of jobs that will get you out of the hole and into high society.”

 

“With the catch being that I do not even know what I am signing up for,” I sighed.

 

“True enough,” James pouted. In a breath, his sobriety was over. “I would put my money on Amazons being involved.”

 

My heart skipped a beat and I had to swallow my startled squeak. I had little opportunity to interact with anyone of such high standing, let alone do a job with or for any. “I suppose I should check it out,” I choked out, trying to ignore James’ knowing smirk.

 

He fished a business card from his shirt pocket and offered it. I looked it over, but did not recognize the name. “Good luck.”

 

And that is how I found myself outside a theater that appeared to be under renovation. I puzzled over the card, wondering if I was given the wrong address or if James’ sources were off their mark. Sighing, I reasoned that it would not hurt to check out the place.

 

The door was heavy and I realized as soon as I entered that the renovation was a front. The interior was grandiose and definitely built for Amazons. I estimated that the ceilings were twenty feet tall and the front desk had to be seven feet tall. A woman typed away at a computer, having not noticed me. She was an amazon and I felt my heartrate jump as I approached.

 

“Excuse me,” I called, still feet away from the desk to allow me to keep her in my view.

 

She looked up, automatically looking well over my head, but then hear gaze dropped to me. “Can I help you,” she enquired. She looked confused and I could feel my heart drop as I realized that she was not expecting to see a Gen.

 

“’I am here for the show’,” I blurted the words James had fed me, but her suddenly fearful expression made me question whether I should have just walked out.

 

“Do you know what is involved,” she questioned and I am certain she knew the answer.

 

“Now now, do not spoil the fun we will all have watching the Gen when she realizes what is happening,” a booming voice came from behind me. I slowly turned to find I was followed in by a drop dead gorgeous blonde Amazon, dressed to kill. The secretary shrank back, bowing her head as the Amazon brushed passed me, her legs the length of my body.

 

The secretary gave me a sympathetic smile. “If you are here for the show, you should follow Lady Angel.”

 

I looked toward the exit, wondering if my regretful curiosity would kill me if I left. “Yes, thank you,” I said before hastily following after Angel.

 

The door I walked through led onto a stage which had three modern thrones as its audience. “As I said, ladies, a Gen wandered in off the street.” My attention was narrowed in on the gathering of Amazons, all their eyes on me. My blood ran cold. I had been in the presence of two Amazons at one time, once, but here there were six, each a stunning representation of their race.

 

“I wonder how it heard about this gathering,” one of them sneered.

 

I shuffled towards the center of the stage, keeping my distance.

 

“Is it not adorable? If I do not get chosen, I might have to toy with it just to forget my failure,” I heard the swarthiest of them said. I automatically took a step back towards the door. This was a bad move as the Amazon broke away from the group and easily closed the distance between us, circling behind me.

 

“I do not understand your tastes, Lana,” Angel muttered. Lana was behind me and the hair on my neck was standing up. I did not want to show my fear, but then Lana’s hands were on either side of my face, forcing me to face towards the Amazons.

 

“Look at it, ladies,” Lana cooed. My breath was strained and I could hardly hear anything as blood pounded in my ears.

 

“That is enough,” a resounding voice brought all of our attention to the back of the room, where a commanding presence had emerged. My jaw would have dropped if Lana’s hands were not securing it in place. I was not unfamiliar with the Demi-Gods of our world and I had found myself in the presence of one.

 

Lana pushed me away and I stumbled forward, barely holding my footing as I found myself in a lineup next to Angel and the most disdainful of the Amazons. Diana, the Demi-God I was most thoroughly attracted to, took her place on the left throne. I realized I might have put together the intended audience of the stage had I a clearer mind.

 

“You may begin,” Diana allowed, a distinct look of boredom about her.

 

As one, the Amazons all began to strip away their clothing and my face was instantly on fire, not to mention the excited twisting in my gut and the heat between my legs. After a moment’s hesitation, I began to follow suit, cursing my choice of undergarments, chosen with the assumption that I would not be getting any that night.

 

My gaze lingered on Diana, not wanting to miss any of my chance to stare at her in person. I noticed that she did not seem entirely present, but then her eyes focused directly on me, and it was like she had finally caught on to the fact that I was different from the rest. Her head cocked the slightest amount and then she spoke. “You,” she said directly to me. It was the only warning I had before the world shifted before my eyes and she was suddenly so much closer to me. Or, rather, I was no longer on the stage, instead standing mere feet from her throne, with the stage at my back. “Do you know what this gathering is for?”

 

She had addressed me directly and I was beyond stricken. Her beauty was astonishing, her icy blue eyes staring down at me from under her dark lids. “I will take your non response as a no,” she informed me.

 

I finally found my voice. “I have not the slightest clue,” I admitted. I realized that I was standing before her in jeans and my comfiest bra, and my chest flushed to match my face.

 

I saw the smallest quirk of a smile on her lips. “I am in search of a new mate,” she stated, matter-of-factly.

 

I nearly choked on my heart as it jumped into my throat. “Oh fuck,” my brain short-circuited.

 

“Are you interested?” I nodded dumbly.

 

“Goddess, are you sure you desire a Gen,” one of the Amazons called from the stage.

 

Her eyes were cold when she turned her gaze on the stage. “Be gone,” she waved a hand and as I turned to see who had spoken, they all vanished. “Now then,” Diana called for my returned attention, “have you ever been with a God?”

 

My mind pondered the question. “Do you not just know the answer?”

 

She chuckled. “Selena’s sexual exploits are not often an area of focus for me,” she humored me with an answer.

 

I nodded my understanding, limited as it was. “I have not,” I informed her.

 

“How would you describe your desire for me?”

 

I chuckled at what came to mind. “In one word, inhuman.”

 

She shared my chuckle and then in the blink of an eye, she was fully bared to me, seated casually nude in her throne. I felt my throat tighten at the sight and breathing became difficult. “Do as you please,” she granted.

 

She was about as tall as the Amazons, I could tell, around ten feet tall, I estimated. Her throne was nearly as tall as me, so I had to boost myself onto it. I knelt between her legs, amazed by the warmth her body radiated. Hesitantly, I placed my hands on her stomach, above her navel. I watched her face for signs that I had done the wrong thing, but she just patiently watched me.

 

Her breasts were easily as large as my head and were right at eye level. My hands trailed upwards, cupping each one, then squeezing them delightedly. When I realized that Diana might not find that appealing, I vowed to pleasure her fully. I started by taking one of her nipples into my mouth, sucking and lightly nibbling until it became erect. I was grinning giddily as I moved to her other breast, repeating my efforts.

 

My mouth moved to kiss the inside of her breast before I stood, slowly working my lips up her body. My path led me over her collar bone and to her neck. She tilted her head to give me better access to her pulse, beating beneath my lips. My heart synced with it, hammering in my chest. I found myself unable to resist her lips and before I had the thought to stop myself, she was kissing me back, our tongues locked together in a heated dance.

 

As my head clouded, I needed to break away for air. I pulled back, but her lips followed, hungry for more. I stepped backwards, once, twice, and the third had me falling. I landed on my back in a bed, the scenery around me entirely different. I had little time to think about it as Diana materialized above me, her mouth finding my neck. I gasped as her tongue ran over my pulse point and then her teeth came down on my shoulder. Her bite was not hard and my hands were instantly in her hair, gripping her like she was my anchor in this world.

 

Her lips traveled south at a bewildering rate. I hardly noticed when she made my bra vanish to grant her tongue access to my breasts, but I surely noticed the heat of her mouth and the flood between my legs. As her lips were over my navel, she made my pants and underwear disappear. “Impatient, are we not,” I breathed the question.

 

She made me regret my words as she slowly teased the inside of my thigh, but never my womanhood. I whimpered, bucking my hips forward, trying to force her head towards my center, but she just looked to me with a sly grin.

 

“Please,” I moaned, desperate for release. Just the smallest touch almost sent me over the edge, but then her tongue was upon the full length of my pussy and I could no longer comprehend my existence. I was drowned in pleasure as her tongue entered me and I screamed my approval. Her hands held my hips in place, her mouth pressed to me for minutes as I rode the longest wave of my life. When it crashed, my whole being went white with euphoria and I barely stayed afloat.

 

I felt Diana shift our positions so that we were on our sides and she was curled up around me, spooning me. My head rested on her arm and I let sleep take me.