- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I blame too many hours of Fallout 4 on this one

Greetings audience and welcome back to The Size Zone. One of the aspects of humanity is our ability to ask questions. One question we first ask as we grow up is "Why". This question is most asked when it comes to the past. Now imagine if one could ask prominent figures of the past why something happened or what life was really like back then. Tonight we will me one person who has asked this question over and over to the point she will go to great lengths for the answer. Let's see what will become of her in her quest for the answer in tonight's episode "The Dead Shall Speak".

 

"Specimen 331 cataloging complete. Just like the others this specimen was damaged by the effects of heat and radiation. No viable DNA can be used. If we could find just one specimen undamaged we could learn so much. What records that survived tells me so little. I know what this place was called. When it happened more or less but to hear it from one would be like a deaf person hearing for the first time instead of just reading lips. I’m going to expand the search below ground. From what I saw this species was prepared for this so maybe I can find bodies that haven't been contaminated. Here's hoping" I said clicking off the recorder.

 

"So anything Arna?" my husband asks me. "No Baras. Another failure" I replied. "You should give up dear. We've been at this for over a solar cycle. These creatures were very thorough with their destruction" he said. "Humans. They were called humans. They had a culture. A society. This tiny polymer disc here said this area was a major city. Look at this" I said holding up a small metal plate. "Apparently this city was called Los Angeles City Limits in their tongue" I said putting down the corroded plate. "Fat lot of good it did them to have culture if you can call barbarity culture" he said. "You can't judge a culture based of what little we know of it" I said. "What's there to know? They were barbaric enough to destroy one another with nuclear weapons! Did you see the data I collected on the iron ore at site 1411? The magnetic properties indicate the poles shifted during the time of their destruction! What their bombs didn't finish the collapse of the planet's magnetic field did" he said.

 

What he said was true. There was still lingering traces of radiation everywhere. There was no doubt that a nuclear explosion occurred. Hundreds by accounting the orbital scans when first arrived.  A year ago we discovered this planet we now know was called Earth. A survey team looking for resources was the first to find that the creatures called humans called this home. A skeleton no bigger than my middle finger was found by a worker smoking and looking at the dirt. Later on hundreds and then thousands were found. What we thought were piles of rock was found to be what was left of buildings. A once numerous and advanced race lived here. Me and my husband were called in by the science council to study the find after the Preservation of Xeno Cultures (the group we belong to) demanded the finds to be catalogued and studied. This is one of those times that I'm glad I pursued a career in Xeno Anthropology.

 

"Nevertheless you came with me" I said. He put his hand on my shoulder. "You're my life mate. Of course I would come but being the only two allowed on this planet isn't very romantic" he said.  "True. I know you just want to leave this to the probes but there is something to be said about doing some of this hands on. Like this one here. A male around 34 solar cycles old at death. See how the hand bones cover the face? What did he see in those final moments? The flash of death or was it a loved one? A skeleton nearby was female and younger by a number of years. Was she a mate or his offspring? I wish I could ask him. Feeling his tiny bones makes me want to know so much more about them.  We've sent out hundreds of probes to collect samples and chart this world. Each report just confirms the last. This species met their end roughly 8,000 years ago. I'm about to recalibrate some probes to scan with a neutrino beam instead of the standard X-ray and radar pulse arrays. They were a numerous species. Surely they had some kind of shelters in place to fend off the bombardment" I said. "Very well. Just come to bed soon. Even the smartest Salen needs her beauty sleep" he said kissing my cheek. "That tickles!" I laughed as his whiskers brushed mine. I finished programming the probes and sent them out before turning in.

 

"Morning dear" my husband said kissing me. "Morning" I said sipping my tea. "Anything interesting?" he asked. "Let's find out" I said sitting at my computer. I began reading the telemetry. "Nothing. Damn...wait. Probe 21 found something. A large metal containment in the ground. It's...it's made of lead! Baras! This might be what I was looking for! Humans used lead as radiation shielding!" I said. "It does screen out X-rays. That explains why we didn't find it sooner" he said. I quickly changed into my field clothes. "Slow down Arna! It could be a weapon bunker for all we know!" he said. "There's no high radiation count there. It has to be a shelter. Look at the size of it. 16 feet long. Perfect size for a small sized species to take shelter in" I said. "Just don't get your hopes up" he said. We boarded the hover rover and headed to the location.

 

It was strange to see such desolation. We had barely gone into the city. Some areas too hot even for our kind. What we know is buildings were fallen down or either just piles of rock. This buildings back before this must have towered in the sky to them. Many taller than even us. 10,000 degrees and 8,000 years of erosion wiped away their former majesty. It was sheer luck the location was in a safe zone. A very large pile of rock covered it. One chunk of rock caught my eye though. I picked it up. "...Real Charter High School" I said reading it aloud. "You can read that?" Baras asked. "I can read some of their language. They had hundreds on this world. I focused on the major one for this region. I know this word school. It's used to describe their education centers. "Well what do we got?" he asked pulling out the scanner. "Amazing. It's even bigger than recorded. The debris was obscuring the scan from the probe. It's well over 25 ft. long, 12.5 ft. wide and 12.5 ft. deep" I said.

 

(Authors note: to avoid confusion they are referring to their comparison in size instead of human ones)

 

"Here. You're helping" he said tossing me a shovel. It took three hours to dig down. My smile when he heard that think when our shovels hit the lead casing made Baras laugh. That smile faded when we tried to lift it. "Fucking hell! We're gonna need the winch to get it up" he said. It felt like forever as we hauled the ancient shelter up. "Now to see what is inside" I said scanning with the neutrino array. "Bingo as humans used to say!" I yelled. "More skeletons?" he asked. "I don't think so. The readings are too solid. God Baras. I'm picking up over 200 different remains in there. One of them has to be preserved enough!" I said. "Arna...never mind. I'm just glad you're happy" he said. I know what he was going to say. He still wasn't sold learning more about them. To him bones was enough but not me. What we could learn from intact bodies. Diet. Clothing. Evolutionary traits. Diseases.

 

I rushed us back to camp and sat the shelter down. "Get me the plasma torch" I said. He handed me the torch and I began cutting into the ancient thing. I had to be careful not to let any molten lead fall in so it took some time. Finally after two hours I pried open and beheld what was inside. "Oh my god. Better than I could've dreamed!" I yelled. "The hell? They look...good" he said. "Good? Perfect. Perfectly preserved. The shelter must’ve had a hermetically sealed enviro let that restricted moisture. It preserved them" I said. "Like a mummy?" Baras said referencing a bit of information we collected when we tried to learn about their religions. "Exactly. Help me get them all out onto the sheet here for cataloging" I said. It was nerve wracking. These tiny dried up bodies could just snap apart like twigs if we were too callous. We finished up later and sat down to relax. "Computer. Begin scanning samples on sheet" I said.

 

Me and my husband were exhausted.  It was still midday but we needed some downtime. I began showering and thought about what I might be able to learn. "Baras?!" I said as the stall door slid open. "Who else?" he said kissing me. His mouth moved to my breast as he sucked my nipple. "Hmmm....that feels good" I said. He gently pushed me back against the wall and slowly pushed his cock into me. He looked into my eyes. "We never got to have a real honeymoon did we?" he said. "W...work got in the way" I said as he pushed all the way in. "We need to make up for that" he said pulling get back and slamming it back in. "Oh god Baras. Fuck me baby" I said. One of my biggest faults is when I get wrapped up in a project I forget about the world around me. Baras and I were joined just weeks before this assignment. He loved me so much he didn't complain about the interruption in our love lives. We would cuddle now and then at night but long hours looking at a computer takes it out of you. This was the first time in months we had sex. He knew what turned me on. It's how we feel in love so quickly.

 

"I'm gonna cum!" he cried. "Inside! Do it inside!" I yelled. I felt his blast of semen fill me up. Poor Baras was so wound up he filled me to the brim. My knees gave out and he caught me before I fell. "You okay?" he asked smiling. "I think you're trying to impregnate me there" I said. His semen dripped out of me. "You said to do it inside" he said. "Carry me to the bed" I said. He laid me on it. I cooed as he stroked my tail. His fingers brushed my ass and traveled down to my soles. "Stop that!" I said as he tickled me. He knew my weaknesses. My tail and whiskers were sensitive. My feet as well. I found myself spreading my legs as I lay on my stomach. I felt his girth part my lower lips and he began pounding me. I gently held my blue hair as he fucked me. His hands held my hips as the sounds of his crotch slapping my ass filled the room. He pulled me back on his lap and squeezed my tits as he bred me. He came as he turned my head and kissed me. The only two souls on this planet and we fucked like we owned it.

 

We both feel asleep not long after. I awoke later to use the bathroom and heard the computer beeping. "Sonofabitch! Their DNA isn't just intact but some of their internal organs too! It's a goldmine! I quickly stood up to wake Baras and tripped. I fell to the floor in an awkward way. "AAAAGH! My ankle..." I said. Baras ran hearing me scream. "Shit! Let me look at it" he said. He looked close at it. "Broken. Let’s get you to the med unit" he said. I limped over and propped my leg up. "Computer. Scan for injury and implement repair" he said. The computer scanned the break and I watched it cycle through possible treatments. It was only an instant but I saw the cloning option pop up. As the bone knitter did its job I thought about an idea. "Baras. The samples we got. They're all viable. I can get DNA out of them" I said. "Well that's good" he said watching the machine do its job.

 

"I was thinking of using the med unit to analyze the sample and reconstruct the host" I said. "Did you just say you want to clone a dead human? Please tell me you didn't just say that" he said. "Why not? It's the perfect chance. The ones we found have their brains still intact enough for it to work. Our technology can reconstruct the neurons at the moment of death. We can ask one directly about their world" I said. "That is fucking crazy. You want to resurrect a member of a species so crazy it destroyed themselves?! Did you think for a second that they were meant to die?" he said. "How can a species be meant for death? I'm not taking about bringing them all back. Just one" I said. Baras stared at me. "It's illegal" he said. "Who's to know?" I asked. I smiled at him and blinked my eyes. He never could say no when I did that. "Fine! Just one!" he said. I kissed him and ran back to the sample sheet.

 

"Which one?" I wondered. The data was most curious. There were 206 different remains found. Over 75% were between the ages of 14 to 18. The rest older by a few years to decades. Not one was larger than 3 1/4 inches. How sad. Most were children. I chose a female that was about 27 at time of death. I carefully brought her to the med unit. "Computer. Scan sample for brain matter" I said. "...sample found" it said. "Using cloning matrix. Extrapolate base DNA and reconstruct using neuron mapping" I said. "...warning. Use of cloning matrix to clone organisms is forbidden" it said. "Computer override. Is subject in DNA system registry?" Baras asked. "...negative. Override accepted" the computer said. "Loophole. If it's not registered it’s not illegal to the computer" Baras said. "Thanks" I said. "'Don't thank me. I still say this is a bad idea" he said. The computer began building the human from scratch using proteins and elements needed. We sat and watched as the cloner began to assemble the human.

 

First a tiny umbilical cord attached the nutrient tank and then fed proteins to the tiny blob of flesh. We watched that flesh grow over the hour until a familiar form was reached. The cloner began the final cycle of aging the human to where she was when she died. From beginning to end the process took just over an hour. "Process complete" the computer said popping the tank open. The umbilical cord popped off and the tiny human female floated to the surface. My hands shook as I picked her up and placed her on the table. Astonishing. They look so much like us! Ten fingers and toes. Breasts too. Minus the tail and pointed ears and whiskers she looked exactly like us. A miniature version of our race. I touched her stomach. My god. She's breathing. A creature thousands of years long dead alive again. "Baras. Hand me the translator. I've stored the language in it" I said. He handed me the earpiece with throat sensor. Over the year I had programmed the language called English into it. Soon I would have need of it. "Hello? Do you understand me?" I said poking her.

 

The woman moaned a bit. "This is freaky Arna. They look so much like us. Why is her skin dark? Are all humans like that?" Baras asked. "No, humans came in all types of skin colors. This one is called African or African American. Wonder what's the difference there. Come one little one wake up" I said nudging her again. "Oh what happened? All I remember is trying to breathe" the woman said coming around. Her eyes opened and looked around. "What the hell?" she asked. "Greetings human! I'm Arna. What's your name?" I asked smiling. She let out an ear piercing scream. "Ow fuck! Make her stop!" Baras yelled. "She's just scared" I said. "Giant cat people!" She yelled. "Cats?" Baras asked. "A species of mammal here. I guess we do look feline to them" I said. The naked woman backed away from my finger as I tried to gain her trust.  

 

"Nobody will hurt you" I said. She looked at me frightened and gripped her stomach. She quickly looked at it. "My baby. Where's my baby?! WHERE IS IT?!" she screamed. "I'm sorry but I found no one young enough to be a baby" I said. "I was pregnant! I was 4 months pregnant!" she yelled. She stood up and kept touching her stomach in hysteria. "Aw shit Arna. You know what you did right?" Baras asked. "...yeah" I replied. I knew what happened. I cloned her from her DNA. As a result it cloned just her body and not the fetus that was inside her when she died. To her point of view it was like someone just stole the baby right from out of her. "Please stay calm. We didn't know you were pregnant. Your body was in great shape but the fetus didn't survive the preservation. We didn't know" I said. "Body?" she asked. She gripped her head. "I remember. I remember everyone trying to breathe. We couldn't. The circulation system stopped. I...I'm dead. This is hell" she muttered.

 

"Hell?" Baras asked. "Some kind of religious concept they had for where bad people went after death. I assure you miss....NO STOP!" I screamed as the tiny female ran to the edge of the table. Just as my hand was about to grab her she jumped. I missed. We both watched as the human fell and hit the cold metal floor. A tiny pool of blood formed around her head. "Why? Why would she kill herself?" I asked shocked. A tear fell from my eye. Baras bent down and picked her body up. It looked so fragile and broken in his hand. He stared at it for a second. "I told you. Humans are self-destructive creatures. There is nothing of note to be learned from them" he said. "She was in shock! She was mad from grief!" I yelled. "What does it matter? Humans are illogical creatures. What did it solve to self-terminate? Her quick to madness only proves how dangerous these humans were" he said. I slapped him. Was it his cold tone or the fact I feared he was right was the reason I slapped him I don't know. Never once did I ever slap him. I ran from the room to my bed. Baras didn't follow immediately.

 

"Arna....tcch...guess I should dispose of you. Remarkable. You do resemble us" he said poking her tiny pussy. Baras dumped the body into the tank. "Computer. Recycle nutrients and proteins and any elements" he said. Baras watched as her tiny body was broken down until just her skeleton remained. Then that was gone.  Baras noticed some of her blood on his finger. He sniffed it and licked it clean. "Interesting. Sweet and salty" he said.

 

He lay next to me. "Still mad at me?" he asked. I said nothing. "I'm sorry if I upset you. Please understand I don't sympathize like you do. That's your specialty" he said. He placed his arm around my stomach. I squeezed it with my hand. "I can't believe I made such an error. Poor thing was traumatized enough. She remembered how she died" I said. "Yes. I must admit. That would be a cruel death. Gasping for air in darkness surrounded by hundreds dying of the same" he said. "Still she remembered it. She remembered being pregnant. That proves it worked" I said. "You're gonna try again won't you?" he said. "...yes" I replied. "Suggestion. Chose a male" he said. "Agreed" I whispered back.

 

The next day I chose a male around 17 cycles old. "Hope this works better than last time" I said. "Well we know he won't be pregnant" Baras said. I smirked as the computer began to clone him.  An hour later he was done. "Alright. This time cover the edges of the table" I said. "Hey" I said poking him. "My head...what happened?" A he said shaking off the effects of the sedation. He looked up and rubbed his eyes. He gasped in fright. "Relax! No one is going to hurt you!" I said. "Giant cat people! Oh god! Why...why am I naked?!" he yelled. "That's a long story. Just be aware we won't hurt you okay?" I said. "You...you won't eat me will you?" he asked. Baras rolled his eyes but kept his gaze on him. "Don't be silly. Baras can you get something for him to wear?" I asked. Baras left. "What are you people?" he asked. "We are what you would call aliens. My name is Arna. What's yours?" I asked. "Jacob" he replied. "Nice to meet you Jacob. The shaking of hands is your custom right?" I said extending my hand and realizing that was impossible. I extended my index finger instead.

 

He grasped it and shook it. Baras returned with a strip of cloth. Jacob pulled it over his body. I couldn't help but giggle at how cute he looked. "Aliens? Did you...conquer Earth?" he asked. "Conquer a cinder?" Baras huffed. "Baras!" I yelled. "What did he mean by cinder?" Jacob asked. "Jacob....this will be hard to explain. Please remain calm. What do you remember?" I asked. "We took shelter under the school when the sirens went off. Then the ground shook. The emergency lights came on and we stayed put like the teachers told us. We stayed for like weeks until we began to run out of food. When we tried to get out we found the entrance blocked. The food ran out and..." Jacob began to shake. "Take your time" I said. "There weren't many of us left after...after we turned on each other. The last thing I remember is trying to breathe" he said. Me and Baras looked at each other. We slyly put our hands underneath the table.

 

"I'm...I'm dead aren't I?" he said. "No you're alive. You did die but you're alive now" I said. Poor little thing locked so distraught. "I brought you back to life so I could learn about you" I said. "Why? Why me?" he asked. "We tried it on another person. It didn't go well" Baras said. He looked confused. "We tried it on a...African...is that the word...woman. I didn't know she was pregnant when she died. She killed herself in grief" I said lowering my head. "You're talking about Mrs. Monroe" Jacob said. "Are you hungry or thirsty?" I asked. He slightly nodded. I quickly grabbed some water and a nutritional supplement. I put the water in a cap and a tore off a chunk of food. He slowly ate it while staring off into space. "Tastes like meatloaf" he said. He drank some water and began coughing. I gently patted her back and felt his muscular frame. It felt smooth and supple yet fragile. He glanced at my finger as I found myself stroking him more. Baras coughed. I regained my composure.

 

"Jacob we really would like to learn more about humans" I said. "I'm just a kid in Junior year" he said. "Kid you haven't been a junior for a good 8,000 years" Baras said. Odd. Baras sounded more pissed than annoyed now. "8,000 years?!" Jacob said. I nodded. "That can't be" he muttered. "It's true Jacob. What remains we found carbon dated back to that time" I said. "There have to be survivors then! There were billions of humans! Some had to have survived!" he said. "We scoured your world for better part of a year. The most life we could find was deep beneath the oceans. Nothing on the surface" I said. Jacob shook his head. "What we know kid is after your nuclear war there was a magnetic pole shift. Your planet was bombarded with intense UV rays for some time. What was left was sterilized. Anyone or anything not shielded was cooked" Baras said. "Then people like me! There were lots of shelters built!" he said. "Maybe so but what do they find when they emerge? Radioactive water. Dead plants. Dead marine life. Nothing to sustain them assuming they lived long enough to ride out the pole shift. Your species did a fine job turning this world into a graveyard" Baras said. Jacob glared at him and Baras smiled. "Enough! Baras go...go do something!" I yelled. Baras stormed off.

 

"Sorry for my husband. He doesn't like your species much" I said. "Is what he said true?" Jacob asked. "Yes. Nothing lives on land and very little in your oceans. Tell me. How many humans were there?" I asked. "Around 8 billion our teacher once said" he replied. God. So many lost. "I can't imagine Jacob" I said softly. "Take me outside" he said. "You won't like what you see" I said. He stood up. "Take me outside" he said again. I lowered my hand and stepped in. His half naked body felt warm in my hand. His black hair hid his tiny ears. I found myself admiring his body more by the second. I opened the door and stepped outside. The wind whipped by carrying age old dust. Jacob said nothing as I stood there. He stared at it for three long minutes. "Like I said. Not pretty is it?" I said. "I know this area. See that there? That was once a water fountain. Used to see it every day going to school. It's gone. Everything I knew. Everyone I knew...gone" he said. "Let's go back inside" I said.

 

I sat down and was about to put him back on the table when I felt his body shudder. "Jacob are you okay?" I asked. I heard a tiny sound from him. Then I realized he was quietly sobbing. I found myself hiding his tiny body close to my breast. "I'm sorry Jacob. I'm so sorry" I said. He just cried and clutched my shirt. Baras came in and saw us. "Unbelievable" he muttered throwing down a box of equipment. "Baras!" I said. I placed Jacob on the table and was about to leave when I heard his voice. "Please don't go" he muttered. I looked at him and at the door. "I...I have to check on my husband" I said. I didn't want to leave him. I really didn't. Seeing him so tiny and helpless tore at my heart. 

 

"What is you deal Arna? I thought I understood you and what you wanted but this? This I don't get. You snuggling with that...thing" Baras hissed. "This is what is pissing you off? You're jealous? He just saw proof that all he knew is gone. For fuck's sake Baras. Everyone and everything he knew is either a mummy jerky, atomic dust, or a fucking fossil. He needed comfort. That was all it was" I said. "So you're telling me hugging him to your right titty was just comfort?" he asked. "He's not even my species" I said. Baras looked away. I sat down and placed my hand on his shoulder. "You understand why I got mad right? What if I cloned a female and showed her that kind of attention" he said. "I wouldn't mind" I said. He looked at me. "Really I wouldn't. I know you love me" I said he stretched his neck and looked at me. "Guess it was stupid to be jealous of such a tiny creature" he said. "I should go check on Jacob. Make sure he didn't go splat on the floor like that female" I said. He stared at me for just a second then smiled. "Sure"

 

I returned to Jacob who sat on the edge of the table. His tiny legs just swished in the air. I ran over to him. "Jacob no!" I yelled. I grabbed him up so quickly he winced in pain. I squeezed him to hard. "Sorry! I thought you were gonna kill yourself" I said. "Thought about it. Everyone I loved is gone. Thought about joining them but guess what? There is no joining them. I was dead right? So why don't I remember heaven or hell for that matter?" He said quietly. "I don't have an answer to that" I said. Jacob was calm. His little chest expanded slight with each breath. "I should make you something to rest in" I said. I used an old container and lined it with a hand towel. A lens cleaning swab was a pillow. "What was your world like Jacob? How can a species kill them like that?" I asked. He said nothing. "I can ask later"

 

"No, I'll answer" Jacob said. He sat on his makeshift bed. "All I can tell you was what was in the news. What was on TV. China decided to expand its territory. They chose Taiwan first. The United States along with other countries kept them from invading but we made them look bad. China tried expanding west seeing if a land war was better. It was. Things got bad real quick when Russia blocked China from taking Kazakhstan. By this time gasoline was expensive as shit. My dad rode the bus because of it. China wanted that oil and gas bad. Their economy had slowed down because of a shortage. It was so bad that I heard of cargo ships from China being stripped down for steel. When Russia pushed them back China retaliated by blowing up a pipeline. Back here in LA rumor was nuclear war would break out."

 

"Man, everybody was building shelters. My neighbor was stocking cans of food and shit like he was crazy. Somehow our school got the basement turned into a shelter. Metal walls and shit. Our teacher said people were like this during the Cuban missile crisis whatever that was. Then that day came. I'll never forget that day. September 18, 2047 is when it happened" Jacob said. He looked away and closed his eyes. "It was like any other day. Riding the bus to school. There was this cute chick that sat across from me. Sexy as shit and she knew it. Tight white shirt showing off her chest. Ripped jeans and white leather and plastic sandals. Her red hair tied back with a white ribbon. Janice Rutherford was her name. Crushed on her since I was a freshman. After third period I went to talk to her. "Finally decided to talk to me? You've been staring at me like there was no tomorrow" she said. Turns out she was right. Shortly after she said that the siren went off. Yeah that one. People panicked. I grabbed her hand and dashed for the shelter."

 

"Christ almighty people shoved their way inside but eventually it got full. The teachers yelled to shut the door. Other teachers yelled not to. The door was shut. We could rear people banging on the reinforced door. We just listened for like a few minutes until the floor shook. The screams got louder until the entire shelter shook like someone your size hit it with a hammer. I held Janice tight as she cried. Some prayed, others waited to die. The shaking stopped and there were no outside screams. Some more shaking happened but nowhere near as powerful. The generators kept the lights and air going. We found out watches had stopped. All of them. A teacher said it was EMP. Don't know what that was. There was an emergency radio inside that still worked. We tried listening to a station but got nothing. Days went by."

 

"Then a week. Then two weeks. People began to crack. We weren't stupid. No help was coming. After a vote we decided to leave. Imagine our surprise when we found the door wouldn't open" Jacob said. "That was because your school collapsed over it" I said. "We thought that's what it was. People lost their shit after that. Guys tried to rape girls. Drinking recycled piss. Then we ran out of food. A girl killed herself with a pencil and we..." he said looking away. "You ate her?" I asked. Jacob nodded and sobbed. "By that point we gave up. Fuck it. Just wait to die. The generators started running out of gas. Then the air recyclers failed. Janice collapsed next to me and as I felt sleepy and groggy I stroked her hair. Then nothing" he said. I stopped typing.

 

To hear a historical record like that was humbling. There were plenty of questions I wanted to ask. He spoke of words I didn't understand. China? United States? Gasoline? Looking at him I decided those questions could wait.

 

"Is Janice in there? Did you find her?" he asked. "I...I don't know. I'm sure she is but I have no clue which one is her" I said. "Clone her like me. Please" he begged. My heart was divided on this. I wanted to just to ease his suffering but I had caused enough emotional damage already. With Baras and with Jacob. "I'll...I think about it" I said leaving him. Baras was sitting on the bed listening to music. "What's that look?" he asked stopping his music. "Jacob told me what happened to lead to this world. He told me what happened on that final day. To hear it so clearly is astounding. Like I was there myself" I said. "This is what you wanted right? Why do you look despondent?" he asked. "Because he told me his final moments was to caress a loved one. Their species was foolish but as an individual they were magnificent. Would you do the same if we were confronted by inevitable death?" I asked him. Baras sat up.

 

He kissed me forcefully. "Need you have to ask?" he said. We ended up making love right there. I would be surprised I ended up pregnant by the time we were finished here. It was late and I got up from bed. Thinking of Baras I decided to honor Jacob's request. He had the right to be happy. "Where ya going?" he asked. "Just getting some work ready for tomorrow" I replied. Baras grumbled and rolled over back to sleep. Jacob was sound asleep. Part of his cloth clothing had come off in his sleep exposing his tiny cock. I found myself staring at it. I touched it. He mumbled in his sleep. I touched it more and it got hard. "Janice" he said in his sleep. That made me feel guilty and slight jealous. "Shame on you Arna" I said to myself. I went to the sample tray. Now I knew from research that this plastic stuff didn't degrade much over time, so the trick was to find a dried up corpse with white sandals.

 

8,000 years is a long time for shit to last even in a preserved environment. What Jacob described fit perfectly with how they were so well preserved. Dehydration and starvation would do it. Moisture and fat would be low so little decomp. One by one I looked until I saw one. Tiny white plastic straps were on its feet. All other clothes had disintegrated over time. I gently placed it on the scanner. "Female. 17 cycles old. The data fits so far" I said. I saw something on her head. A pair of tweezers collected what I saw. I looked close. "Well I'll be damned. Red hair. Hi Janice" I said. I told the computer to extract brain matter to begin the process. "Computer hold. Store DNA and save progress" I said. I looked at Jacob and covered him back up. His hand squeezed my finger. Why did I feel this way? No, I'm not in love. I'm just sympathetic to his pain. I returned to bed. "You're back?" Baras mumbled. "Yeah just some last minute work" I said. "Like what?" he asked. "I'll explain tomorrow. It's late and I'm tired" I replied. Baras mumbled.

 

Baras' pov...

 

"She's hiding something. Something to do with that Jacob human. God, I really am jealous. She says it’s just about comforting him and I believe her but still. Hmm..." I thought to myself. I lay in bed wondering what she was hiding. She was fast asleep and as I looked at her face my curiosity got to me. I couldn't wait till tomorrow. I craft out of bed and into the lab. The human was sleeping peacefully. As I stared at him I felt a slight bit of contempt. This tiny fragile thing was getting her attention. She never snapped at me before like she did today. She would nag or correct me but never yell at me like she did. This fucking creature. My fist was balled up and for a moment I thought about crushing him in his sleep. I didn't. Arna might not forgive me for it. That's right. What was she doing earlier? I looked at her computer. Hmm...she was searching for something among the samples. Dozens of files are still up. A flashing screen caught my eye. "The med unit is on? Why? It's set on cloning mode. Why would she...oh no. Tell me you don't want to bring back another" I muttered.

 

I read the screen. The DNA loaded into it was for a female human 17 cycles old. "Can't this thing tell her what she wants to know?!" I said looking at Jacob. I thought about the possibility of this new human taking up more of her attention. Now I was pissed. "Fine. I can't kill the male but the female..." I said tapping the screen. I wasn't thinking straight. My anger blinded me to my conscience.   I thought I could use her to vent out my anger and get rid of the body. Tomorrow morning Arna will clone another and not know the difference. "Computer begin cloning" I said. There I sat stewing in my hatred for an hour. When she was done I snatched her out of the tank. She was still unconscious but began to wake. As I gazed at her naked body I found my dick harden. She didn't have a tail or whiskers but that didn't matter. She had nice tits even if they were tiny. I turned my hand and saw her cute supple ass. I squeezed it with my fingers. The female moaned a bit.

 

She had red hair and her vagina was small but with a red bush that made you notice it more. I touched it and she moaned again. My finger was wet! She was aroused! I guess such tiny things would have a heightened sex drive. A sweet musk came from her neither regions. I stuck out my tongue and licked. She gasped and her eyes fluttered. My finger traced her tiny muscles in her right leg down to her bare foot. I felt her tiny toes curl on my index finger. A slight giggle and her eyes opened. "Hey" I said smiling. She lot out a loud screech. "Quiet!" I said holding my finger over her mouth. I felt her warm breath as she tried to scream. She was scared shitless. I looked around and Jacob tossed in his sleep but didn't wake up. I tiptoed to the bathroom. I sat in the toilet and uncovered her mouth.

 

"You scream and I'll kill you" I said. She shook in fright. "What...what are you?" she asked. "I'm what your tiny mind would call an alien" I said. "Please don't hurt me" she begged. "You know truthfully I intended to kill you to vent frustration. The Jacob human put me in a bad mood" I said. Her eyes widened. "Jacob! You know him?! Please let me see him!" she said. "Worry about yourself right now. My my...you are cute in a primitive way. Such nice breasts and pussy. Slender legs and tiny feet. Fuck" I said pulling my pants down. The girl was speechless seeing my hard cock. "What's your name?" I asked. "Janice. Please don't do this. Please don't hurt me" she said. I ignored her as I lowered her to my cock. "Rub it" I said. She shook her head. I grabbed it and squeezed gently. She cried in pain. "Do it or next time I pop it like a grape" I said. The girl sobbed quietly as she stroked my cock. "Faster!" I said. She went faster and faster.

 

"Fuck yeah. Dammit use your body" I said. She began grinding her body up and down the shaft. I felt my balls tighten and I held her tight. "God no!" she barely had time to say before a deluge of cum hit her in the face. By the time I was done her head was soaked in white cum. She gagged and coughed as she tried to breathe. "That wasn't so bad was it?" I asked washing her off. "You humans make up for eroticism where you lack common sense. Never did I think I could be an aroused by a tiny creature. I think I see what Arna is hiding from me now. Janice since you did a good job I'm gonna reward you" I said. "You let me see Jacob?" she asked. "Maybe" I said. I raised her to my face as I sat down again. She began shaking as she looked at my mouth. "Please don't eat me! I'll do anything you want!" she said.

 

"Fine, talk dirty. Make me beg to make you cum" I said. "Please lick my pussy" she muttered. "Couldn't hear you" I said. "PLEASE LICK MY PUSSY!" she yelled. I began taking small licks and she tried not to moan. I upped the ante by slowly inserting her into my mouth. I closed my lips on her waist. I felt her tiny ass on my tongue. Her bare feet slipping on my palate as she tried to push free. I began sucking on her. "Ahhh!" she moaned. Ha! Couldn't hold that one in could you? It didn’t take long for her to cum. She beat her tiny fists on my upper lip and jerked her body. I tasted a sweetness from her. She hung limply from my mouth. Just then I heard the floor creak. "Baras? You in the bathroom?" Arna asked. "Yeah. Just a second!" I yelled. Shit! She's gonna see her! She's standing at the door! "Hurry up. I can't hold it for much longer" she said.  At first I thought of flushing the girl but the chance she wouldn't go down crossed my mind. She was three inches tall but these temp station toilets were shit (no pun intended).

 

"I'm gonna kick the door in!" she yelled. Fuck! I could still taste the girl. It was then I came up with an idea. I placed my finger on her head and began pushing her all the way into my mouth. She woke up just as her neck reached my lips. "Don't ea-" she said before she was all the way in. I could feel her screams vibrating my teeth. I gathered enough saliva and started swallowing her. I nearly choked as she was pushed down my throat. It took three gulps but she went down. I flushed the toilet to play off what I did. "Finally!" Arna said shoving me aside. She shut the door and I could hear her peeing. I stood there reflecting on what I did. I ate a living creature. One that could think and speak. The door opened. "What were you doing in there?" Arna asked. "I was...constipated" I said. "Well some of those food supplements will do that" she said going back to bed. I lay down next to her. Janice...god I could feel her alive in my stomach! She was trying to escape! Arna draped her arm over me and her hand rested on my stomach. "Hmm?" she mumbled. Shit! "Poor baby. Tummy trouble too" she said starting to doze off again. I couldn't believe my luck.

 

She thought Janice's death throes were constipation issues. Janice stopped moving after another minute or two. I burped and I swore I heard a tiny whispery scream come from my throat. I felt guilty. Not because I took out my anger on an innocent creature but the fact I enjoyed it. Part of me wanted to do it again. I woke up after Arna. It felt like a dream what happened last night. Proof of what I did though was apparent when I took a shit. A tiny skull could be seen. I quickly flushed. "Baras can you help me?" she called out. "Coming!" I yelled.

 

Back to Arna's pov...

 

"Baras won't like this" I thought. I gave Jacob some breakfast and went about getting the cloner ready. "Can you help me with the startup sequence? For some reason the file isn't loading. Like it was never inputted or already done" I said. "What you need the clone again for?" he asked. "Well, Jacob asked for his mate. Seeing how he's all alone now I thought I could at least do that much" I said. I waited for his dismissal. "Sounds reasonable to me too" he said. I was surprised. He set up the file quickly. He had me just sit there while he did everything. This was the man I fell in love with. Caring and supportive. "Okay. We just have to wait" Baras said. We all watched as the girl grew; especially Jacob. "So that's how I came back?" he asked. "Yep. Just like that. From tiny cell to human in just an hour" I said. "And all you had to do was scan her and tell the computer what to do?" he asked. "Pretty cool huh?" I asked. "Very cool" he replied.

 

The girl was done and I placed her next to Jacob. He held her in his arms closely. His face next to hers. Janice was cute. I saw what Jacob saw in her. The females look so much like us! Part of me wanted to hold her too but that wasn't my place. It was his. Jacob's face was full of love. I stood up and held Baras' hand. Humans and Salens were more alike than even we could think of.   Slowly Janice began to wake. Baras stared intently at them. He bit his lip. "You okay?" I asked. "...fine. Just curious how this will play out" he replied. Janice opened her eyes. "Jacob? Jacob what's...going on? I feel cold. I...I remember trying to breathe and then falling asleep. It's so bright in here? Is this heaven?" she asked. Jacob hugged her tightly. "Jacob? Why are you crying? Why...why am I naked?" she asked. She raised her head and saw us. She let out a shrill scream.

 

"GIANT CAT PEOPLE!" she was screaming. "It's okay! Calm down!" Jacob yelled. "Don't let them eat me Jacob! Please don't let them eat me!" she said hugging him tight. "They won't eat you I promise. The woman is Arna and that's her husband Baras. They're really nice. They fed me and gave me something to wear" he said smiling. Janice looked at us trying to decide if we were threats. "It's true. We won't hurt you will we Baras?" ...nope. We won't hurt you" he said. "What's going on? I remember it being dark. Everyone was so quiet and then I fell asleep" she said. Jacob held her hands and looked into her eyes. "We...we died Janice. They brought us back to life" he said. Janice gasped. She began shaking. "Our world died. Everyone is gone. Thousands of years have passed. We're the only ones left now. Arna and Baras are aliens learning about humans. They wanted to talk to them so they cloned us" he said. Janice began shaking her head. She began muttering no over and over. "I'll give you two some time alone. Janice it's nice to meet you" I said leading Baras out the room.

 

"She's gonna suicide" Baras said. "I...I hope not. She's looks so cute and sweet. Poor girl" I said. Baras helped me with some research. Most of their technology had bit the dust but some remained intact. Their shelter had a computer fully intact. Its drives still worked. I began looking at it. "Check this out Arna. It's says here that humans made it to their moon" he said. "Yes. Humans were advancing quite well until the war happened. If they survived they would be far more advanced than us now. Such a waste" I said. "Should we check on them?" he asked.  "It's barely been a half hour. Worried about the girl? You've been different today. You didn't say a cross word when I told you about cloning the girl" I said. "It's just I feel more for them. Is that hard to understand?" he asked. "No, not at all" I replied. We went to check on them.

 

Janice was holding Jacob. Girl was sniffling. "How is she?" I asked. "Better. It's just that all she knew...we knew is gone" he said. I held out my finger. "Janice. I know it won't sound as much but I'm sorry for your loss. You have a good man here. He begged me to bring you back. You might have lost everything but you still have that" I said. She smiled. "Oh look! She smiled!" I said. Janie giggled. I stroked her red hair. "That's better. I'll get you some clothes Janice and we can talk more" I said. She got a cloth shirt like Jacob. She cutely tried to pull it over her bare ass but couldn't. I noticed Jacob staring at it and getting hard. He saw me looking and blushed.

 

"Guys I need some help with some things. I'd like to run some tests on you" I said. "Why?" Jacob asked. "Well we never cloned humans before so we want to make sure you're healthy. That and we have no data on your species. I promise we won't hurt you" I said. Janice looked at Jacob. "Okay. If they won't hurt" he said. "Good! First things first is to check your heart. I need you two to run back and forth to one side of the table 4 times. Janice and Jacob got into position and took off.  I watched the tiny people run as fast as they could. Their tiny feet making tiny slapping sounds on the metal surface. When Jacob was running back I could see his penis moving side to side. I felt warm inside. My breath got sharper. Damn, I really was falling for him. "How's....how's that?" Jacob asked panting. My feelings of guilt were broken by his question. "Oh! Oh yes. Let me check" I said picking up the portable scanner. I removed the scanner stylus and placed it on Janice. "Hmm...not getting a good reading. Hold on" I said.

 

Janice let out an eep sound as I pulled her shirt up. I placed the stylus on her chest. Her tiny heart beat quite fast. Most of this was due to her running. It I suspected humans have faster heart rates due to their small size. "Heartbeat 113 bpm. Blood pressure 118 over 78. Excellent. You have a strong heart sweetie. So far nothing is wrong. Alright Jacob. You're next" I said. He pulled up his shirt by himself. His muscles and nice frame was turning me on. I felt my body getting warmer. I unzipped my shirt a little. The tops of my breasts felt the cool air on them. I placed the stylus on him. "Heartbeat 117 and fluctuating. Blood pressure 122 over 91 and slightly rising. Jacob you okay?" I asked. "Y-yes I'm fine. Just winded is all" he said. "Hmm...I should check on you some more later" I said. Janice had a concerned look on her face. "Don't worry dear. It's probably just a fluke. Now we need to see if your autonomic functions are okay" I said. She looked confused and slightly scared. "Reflexes dear" I said.

 

I gently placed her on the edge of the table. She clutched my finger tightly seeing the long fall. "I won't let you fall but I need my finger" I said. She let go but was shaking. Very gently I poked her tiny knee with my fingernail. Her leg jumped. I nodded. Then I used my fingernail and raked it up her bare sole. "Stop that tickles!" she laughed. "Good! That means your autonomic systems are fine. She smiled and her stomach growled. "That's a good sign too" I said. I returned with some food which she began to wolf down. "I'll be back after awhile. I'm going to check on Jacob more" I said.

 

During this time Baras had begun cataloging at the specimens into the DNA database. I was curious as to why he was so driven. He said he felt for them earlier but why did I feel something else was going on? His gaze on Janice was intense. Wait....am I jealous?! No. Get a grip. This is what you accused Baras over. Shit...he was right too. Part of me wanted to do sexual things with him. That isn't right. He's a different species. Dependent on me to take care of him. He's tiny and helpless. He's...vulnerable.

 

"Hey Jacob" I said. Fuck I can feel myself blushing. "Hey so what kind of tests do you need to run?" he asked. "Uhh...well I need to see why your pulse rate and blood pressure was spiking" I mumbled. "That's not necessary. I feel fine" he said blushing. "Yes it is. It could indicate a heart defect caused by the cloning. Take off your shirt so I can get a better scan" I said. "Really Arna I'm fine!" he yelled. "Stop being stubborn!" I yelled. I grabbed him and began forcefully stripping him. I liked this deep down. "Ow! You’re hurting me!" he yelled. I immediately dropped him. His face was in pain. "I'm...I’m so sorry!" I said. Seeing him in pain hurt my heart. Tears fell from my eyes. "I'm okay. Nothing broken. No need to cry" he said. "It's just I'm worried is all. I like you and don't want anything to happen to you. I really need to see if something is wrong" I said. "Shit. Look I know why my pulse and shit went up okay. I...I got aroused seeing your cleavage" he said embarrassed. "That's why?! Oh thank god!" I said. He was looking down. Too embarrassed to look at me.

 

"You don't need to be ashamed. You can't help what you feel...like me" I said. He looked up. "What do you mean?" he asked. "I've become attracted to you" I said. My finger brushed his tiny face. He didn't move. "You like me?" he said. I nodded. He looked over at Baras who was oblivious. He was busy scanning another mummy. "You're married" he said. I cringed and nodded. I gently picked Jacob up and went to the bedroom. I placed him on the bed.  "Here we can talk more freely" I said. "You don't love me. You're like 200 ft. tall and an alien!" he said. "I do" I said. "How would that work?! You're married for one and for another how would we have sex?!" he yelled. I hung my head. "Don't forget about Janice. Seriously, this would never work" he said. Tears fell from my eyes. "You don't have to be mean about it" I said.  "Sorry if I came off as mean but just because I got hard looking at you doesn't mean we can be lovers. Now take me back" he said. Never did anyone ever trample on my heart like this. It wouldn't be so bad if he said he loved Janice and wanted to honor that. No, he played off my feelings like they were some freakish emotion. Like my species couldn't love someone other than our own. Like I was an utter pervert for loving him. Since I been here I learned a few human sayings. Here's one of them that was in my mind right now...

 

"There's a thin line between love and hate"

Chapter End Notes:

commercial break