- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is still mostly introductory and serves to get to know some of the characters contained. But generally this story won't be that much action orientated than my other stories.

Have fun reading :)

It was a rough day in school for it was Friday. I don’t know why but the school seems to draw an immense amount of pleasure from setting up Friday as the worst day for students at all. In the first three hours we had French with a teacher which was surely sent by Mephisto personally to excruciate the pupils of this school. Mrs Valentine, who not in any way even tried to cope up with her name, managed it to put us through two vocabulary tests in only three hours. And between them we had to drill grammar. I don’t know whether you’re familiar with French grammar. And it is not even that horrible if you’re really interested in learning the language but if you’re not you’ll feel like being forced to drag a wheelbarrow loaded with a bunch of scumbags, singing an atonal version of Adele’s rolling in the deep all over again, back and forth a hundred yards through stinging nettles. Sorry for this comparison but that’s how I felt at least.

After that torture and a small break where I would be capable of getting some rest and something to eat, two hours of chemistry would eventually follow where we at least got a good teacher but most of the class just, I’m sorry, sucks at chemistry me included. And after another break I would have to endure my religion teacher speaking about how he found his way to god, because I haven’t managed to get into the ethic course this year.

Well but after all it’s still Friday. And that means weekend. While Mr Jacobs explained to us how Adam and Eve got exiled from the garden Eden my gaze was on Nina who sat a few tables away from me with her back turned in my direction. She seemed bored too and drew strange-looking figures onto her college block. She was with me in most of my classes since I changed the school to a gymnasium in eleventh grade. Sometimes I regretted not to have skipped a grade when I had the opportunity to but then I see her sitting a few tables in front of me and enjoyed her beauty. She had long dark hair and a pale caramel taint. She was also pretty clever, well judging after the statements she made in lessons so far.

My gaze turned downwards. First to her skin-tight jeans she was always wearing and then down her legs to her feet which were hidden in leather shoes with medium heel. I examined the socks she was wearing today. They were light-blue with black elements on them. I watched around checking whether somebody was looking at me and when I was sure that this was not the case I continued to stare at her feet satisfied.

“Ethan, would you mind to pay attention to what I say?” Mr Jacobs suddenly said in an annoyed voice.

I blushed immediately and looked first at Mr Jacobs and then at Nina to see whether she had noticed me staring at her. My fears proved true as Nina was watching me as the rest of the class did. I knew that I had to rhetorically outmanoeuvre Mr Jacobs now to get away with it.

“Well Mr Jacobs with all due respect I was paying attention and thinking about your last statement”, I said and made a break to remember what the hell he might have said before.

I think the fall of man is a metaphor for all of us human beings to remember that the pleasure we might experience from a certain action is not always worth the price we pay for it.

I believed those were his words.

“And what exactly were these precious thoughts I seemed to have interrupted you from thinking”, he said mockingly.

“Well, without wanting to criticize your interpretation I’d think that the fall of man as it was written by a human being which obviously was capable of reading and writing and with that most probable a member of the clergy, was more of an instrumentality to bind people to the church or they would suffer from the eternal fire. And unfortunately these days, people believed in this. “

The derisive smile vanished from Mr Jacobs face quickly as he found that this statement was insulting his belief in the bible but still was evidence that I had been attentive and just had critical thoughts about the subject.

Mr Jacobs seemed not to be willing to continue this argumentation and just turned back to the blackboard and continued his lesson. I smiled at my victory and as the only one still watching me was Nina I even managed to give her a blink causing her to shake her head and turn back to her drawings. I felt relieved and tried to not look at her feet again for the rest of the lesson. Instead my gaze wandered around until it found a new target: Keira, who was a cute blonde girl with curly hair. She was always wearing quite provocative clothing. White backless top and black leggings were used by her to entrap innocent men. Furthermore she always wore these fleece socks. This day they were dark-green and the next object of my observation.

To my luck I wasn’t noticed again this lesson although at one point Keira turned to me and I quickly turned my gaze to the ground until she looked at the blackboard again. I don’t know whether she realised what I was doing but at least for now I was safe.

At the end of the lesson I stood up as everybody else did, got my stuff and walked out of the room when suddenly Keira approached me.

“Hey your statement earlier was pretty cool. You know how religious Mr Jacobs is don’t you?” She said to me in her alluring voice. I smiled and nodded relieved that it was only that she wanted to discuss with me.

“But I know you weren’t thinking about that boring stuff. I know that this doesn’t interest you the least. You’ve been watching Nina’s feet weren’t you? “

Oh f*** Oh f*** Oh f***

I blushed slightly but tried to hide it. “Why would I?”

“Same reason you watched mine later on I guess”, she continued with her investigation.

“No I were just thinking about more important stuff than this whole bible nonsense “, I stated desperately trying to remain cool.

“Fine, then you’re right. I mean I’m religious myself but this guy really takes all this way too seriously”, she said and smiled as the two of them walked down the hallway together.

I laughed and agreed glad that she seemed to give up on her investigation. We bid each other farewell at the main entrance where my friends just arrived from their ethic lessons. I walked into their direction when suddenly Keira softly grabbed my shoulder from behind.

“Oh and hey Ethan?”

“Yeah?”

“There’s a sleepover at my place tomorrow. You’re kind of cool you can come if you want”, she said and hugged me shortly before turning away and walking to her friends. As I approached my friends they were already looking at me with that knowing expression on their faces. They didn’t know anything…

Time for me to introduce my friends to the dear readers of this story. Well at least my friends at that point of my life. And even then it was easy for me to differentiate between several levels of friendships. First of all there were my primary friends which were as close to me as my own family. Samuel and Scarlett, a couple were my friends for several years and together for now a few months. I would refer to them as to brother and sister. Riley and Logan also count to this level and they were my preferred conversation partners when it came to intellectual discussions. Both of them were also single although Riley was currently after a nice girl named Sophia who was there for hanging around with us a lot. I would nearly count her to the first level too.

In the second level were mostly my companions when it came to drinking or making nonsense. I did most of the stuff with Megan, Jules and Gregory. They were way more often out in the streets than I was but when I had the time or the desire to go out they always welcomed me to join them.

Then there were several good acquaintances which I do not plan to list here, for it will be difficult enough for you to remember the names I mentioned so far.

After that horrible day of school I decided to go for a coffee with Jules Riley and Logan while the others had other appointments. It was a splendid afternoon although I already became nervous about the sleepover I had been invited to tomorrow. Of course my friends bothered me a good deal of time with questions like “Will you nail her?”

I did not respond to questions like these for I always had been more than shy when it came to these kinds of topics.

After the coffee I felt the urgency to go home and fantasize about Keira and Nina. Wow that sounded strange but nevertheless I’ve gone home and shortly greeted my parents and my brother and sister. My siblings were in town relatively rarely but they had been here now since my birthday and I kind of got used to their presence. My brother, Nigel, was twenty-seven and my sister, Fleur, twenty-four. While my sister was working as a waitress in a town a hundred miles away from our city, my brother was studying for a master in economics.

If you’re curious whether I have imagined these fantasies with my siblings too I sadly have to admit that the answer would be yes. More with my sister than with my brother as you can imagine, but still with both. I’ve seen my sister nearly naked oftentimes and I had to admit that she was always a beautiful woman. I still own one of her worn socks which she had left in her old room when she had visited the last time. No I did never jerk off to it or something comparable but still it somehow fascinated me to look at it and imagine her wearing it while she was towering over my shrunken humble self. It was white with some dirt stains on them.

“Hey Ethan what are your plans for the weekend”, Nigel asked curiously while he sat next to my father and Fleur on the couch.

“I got invited to a sleepover at Keira’s place with some other people”, I stated with a questioning undertone. I hoped my father would not deny me this.

My father looked at me and nodded shortly. My brother laughed and gave me thumbs up before he turned back to the TV. I walked up to my room and locked it so I could watch some videos in private. Afterwards I played an online MMORPG with Gregory until nearly one o’clock in the morning. I still was very nervous but I managed to sleep through the night and basically also the whole forenoon.

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading so far. This is just the beginning of a quite big project I'm approaching. I'm thankful for comments on the characters and similar things.