- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Quite short chapter with mostly adventure.

I had made it half across the street when another car approached me with a speed outmatching me by far. Right in front of me was a small crevice in the ground just big enough for me to hide in it in time before the car and the G-forces it caused would have been my certain death.

 

It still was an extreme experience when the car passed me and it felt like my eardrums would burst. Fortunately it was over just as fast as it had begun and I continue my travel over the road. After a while eventually I would reach the opposite side of the street and I stood in front of a quite familiar building. Fear invaded my mind as I thought through Samuel’s possible reactions to my apparition.

 

Our last meeting wasn’t exactly pleasant for me and furthermore I didn’t know whether after all this time being shrunken there would be a way to regain my normal height. But it was clear that I had to sleep somewhere else to prevent waking up on that cursed handkerchief on Ewe’s bedside table. I made for the door which was standing open. It was a big building with five floors and Samuel and Scarletts flat was on the fourth.

 

The house had an elevator and this was my primary target since the stairs would be no opportunity for me as you can imagine. The entrance hallway was long and empty and it took me a decent while to reach my target. Now that I stood in front of the elevator I would have to wait for someone taking it to the fourth floor. I used the time to rest and I really had to wait long until eventually a giant man entered the hallway and made for the elevator. I didn’t get to know him yet so I just had to hope that he lived in the fourth floor. There were three flats on every floor so the probability was at 3/15 that he’d take me where I wanted to go. I pressed myself against the wall hoping he wouldn’t see me since I literally had no trust in strangers.

 

He wore huge trekking-shoes which were strewn with mud and definitely didn’t look like something I would like to get stomped beneath. He passed me and the elevator-door opened. I ran after him and with a jump made it into the elevator before its doors began to close again. I instantly took cover in the left corner and checked whether I had been spotted or not. The giant man just looked straight forward so I could be pretty sure that he hadn’t noticed me yet.

 

I watched him as he selected the floor and was relieved as he pushed the button of level 4. Suddenly I heard him curse and he pushed the level-five button. Well I didn’t care since the elevator would now stop at both levels. The forces impacting me as the elevator moved were incredible and pressed me onto the ground leaving me waiting until we’d finally arrive. I got ready to run as the elevator stopped. The door opened and I broke into a sprint quickly leaping over the small gap between the elevator and the hallway of the fourth floor. I landed roughly on the ground and startled as I heard a muffled “what the heck” as the door of the elevator closed and I saw the man’s confused face disappear. Close enough, I thought and decided to quickly press on before he’d get the opportunity to check on me.

 

I already saw the door to Samuel’s and Scarlett’s flat and the quite dirty doormat in front of it. Behind the doormat I could see a small crevice big enough for me to sneak into the flat. I jumped on the doormat which was muddy black and fuzzy and slowly made for the door. Suddenly the door opened to the inside and a shadow fell over me as the giant shape of Scarlett blocked the light from me.

 

She had shoes in her hand and before I realised what she was up to she let them fall. It looked like the sky was about to drop onto me and I laid down flat instantly into the fuzzy surface as Scarlett’s jogging-shoes crashed onto me. I was lucky since only my legs got hit by the front of one of her shoes but still I was trapped now and my legs hurt as hell and I couldn’t prevent myself from screaming in agony. Eventually Scarlett heard my screams before turning back into her flat and looked confused onto her shoes until she finally noticed me. Her hand descended and lifted her shoe from me to get full view of me and to confirm her suspicion. She sighed as she recognized me and my slightly crushed and bleeding legs.

 

“Ethan Why …?” she whispered and took me up. She went with me inside while I tried to ignore the pain. I mustn’t die, I thought since I really would not want to wake up at Ewe’s again. It was especially my right leg which bled and hurt while the other one was only sprained. Scarlett brought me into the bathroom where she dressed my wounds with toilet paper. Due to the loss of blood I felt lightheaded and did not really realise what was happening around me. At some point Scarlett started to talk to someone and I assumed it was Samuel but I somehow couldn’t understand what they were talking about. Samuel sounded kind of angry and I could imagine that he wasn’t really enthusiastic about my emergence here. I felt how my leg started to burn horribly as Scarlett appeared to spill alcohol onto it. It wakened me from my trance and I screamed in agony. It had been necessary since there had been quite a deal mud on her shoes due to the bad weather outside.

 

Over me I saw Samuel towering with a sceptical look on his face as he eyed my tormented body. As he noticed that I was staring back at him he only gave me an annoyed shook of his head before he left the room again while Scarlett continued to take care of me. At some point she touched my leg a little bit too rough and the stinging pain overwhelmed me causing me to faint. The last thought I had was: Please don’t let me wake up at Ewe’s.

Chapter End Notes:

Stay tuned the following chapters will be longer again :)

 

Reviews and comments appreciated!