- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Almost to the end now. Sorry for the long delay.

 

****Miranda****

 

I found myself back on my way to Jacen’s house. I dropped off the weird blue crystal stuff at the science lab. Professor Richland examined the stuff and said that it appeared to be at the base form a dye that was created to bond with human skin only that it appears too modified partially into some other substance. He said he would continue to look into it, but it would take a couple of days to a few weeks to completely examine and figure out just what the stuff is.

That in itself wasn’t much of a help, but as I was walking out to my car I started thinking about what Professor Richland had said it was in its base form. Some kind of Skin dye, and I could only think of one person who is close to Jacen who would have skin dye and use it unknowingly on someone.

I took the roundabout way to Jacen’s house hoping I would bump into the person my intuition is telling me is at the cause of all this. I hadn’t driven more than a few blocks when I saw Al walking home. I pulled my car up alongside her and motioned for her to come in. Right away I could see she was a bit reluctant but she begrudgingly plopped down in the passenger seat.

“How are you doing Miranda? What are you doing passing by my school?”

“Oh I was just curious with how you were doing? I mean, you more than anyone else should be feeling bad over what has happened I mean you did try to dye Jacen’s skin blue and then he disappears. What happened Al?”

I watched as her face change to a ghost white. I felt bad for just popping the question but this is serious business. I want to know what really happened.

“I can explain. Its not my fault. It was just suppose to be a prank but it went a little far. I mixed the dye with some things I shouldn’t have and sort of shrunk my brother. He is totally okay though. I have him in my room.”

“Wait, what? Maybe you should tell me the whole story, from the start. I am just dying to hear why you let everyone think he was dead.”

 

 

****Jacen****

 

I found myself gripped tightly in Emma’s hand. This was a completely new experience and different than before. It is much more of a helpless feeling this time, because now I am bigger, and can actually comprehend rather easily the difference in size, and I find myself looking more and more like a doll or action figure then I ever did before. I struggled at first, but having been in this situation for awhile now I knew it was hopeless. I looked up at Emma as she continued to look at me.

“You look just like Al’s brother, only toy sized. This is incredible, you look like a toy, only I can feel your little heart beating, and the warmth radiating off your body. So you have to be real.”

“Look, Emma it is me Jacen. I can’t really explain how this happened but I need you to take me to Al. I got here by mistake, and I really need to get to Al. Only you can’t tell anyone else but Al.”

“Whoa, settle down there squirt. You mean to tell me, I find my own little person and I am just suppose to be all oh okay, let me just give you away to someone else? I don’t think so. I mean look at you? Are you really in any kind of position to be telling me or anyone what I should and shouldn’t be doing with you?”

“Emma come on! Al’s your best friend. Why would you intentionally hurt her like that?”

“It’s not a matter of hurting; it’s more a matter of possession. You’re telling me, if things were reversed and you found yourself in possession of a tiny human being you would just hand them over? I don’t think so little Jacen. You would keep that person, and you can’t say that you wouldn’t!”

“I would like to think that I am a bit more responsible than that.”

“Well since you obviously like to stow away, why don’t you just hang out in here until I get back with a more proper home for you.”

I found myself being lowered back into the very backpack I had just escaped from, only instead of the small front pouch I was in before, Emma was putting me into the main compartment where I would have absolutely no hope for escape. Even at my now bigger size.