- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

After re-reading the last chapter I found a HTP was right. Reading it from an outside perspective the character shifts were a bit confusing. I decided to create little headers when I shift character perspectives. It may not be super professional, but then again, im no J.K. Rowling as much as i wish i were. 

 Anyway, hopefully this will make it easier. I fixed the last chapter as well, but i will wait until i finish the story to go back and add the little shift points in the other chapters as i haven't had many until lately.

 

***Jacen***

 

The sound of Justin Timberlake continued to swirl about Al’s bedroom. All I could hear was the constant pounding of the bass. It was almost as if I was in a nightclub.

I sat down next to the piece of shrimp. My mouth was watering as I looked down at the small piece of shrimp. I stared at it for a few moments unsure of exactly how to eat it. It was huge. It looked more like a twenty-pound thanksgiving turkey then a simple piece of shrimp.

I looked for a way to delicately eat this but I finally gave in. I leaned over the piece of shrimp and lowered my head towards it. I opened up my mouth as wide as I could and bit down onto the piece of shrimp. My jaw sunk a bit into the breading and then slid along the outside of the shrimp. I pulled a way in disgust before I tried to bite into the shrimp again. My stomach was now grumbling and my mouth continued to water but my jaw couldn’t penetrate the tough outer layer of the piece of shrimp.

“Just fan-freakin’-tastic” I muttered as I looked down at the breaded piece of shrimp.

“I’m never going to hear the end of this from her. I have to find a way to break through that outer layer.” I said to myself as I stood up and started to walk around the piece of shrimp.

I couldn’t believe how much my life had changed. A few days ago I never would have imagined I’d be eating some scrap of food my little sister left for me, not only that, she had the thing stuffed into her pocket. I wondered for a bit if this is how my life will be like. Will I be a parasite to my little sister, unable to get food or to survive without her help?

I pushed the horrifying thought out of my head as an idea crossed through my mind. When Jenni and I were younger we would break open coconuts by picking them up and dropping them on the ground. A similar approach may solve my shrimp problem.

I took a deep breath and bent down. I wrapped my hands around the piece of shrimp and heaved it up over my head. It was quite awkward to hold. I swayed back and forth a bit before I tossed it forward.

I eagerly watched it fly about an inch and then hit the desk. It continued to slide across the desk and finally coming to a rest next to Al’s retainer.

I cringed as I took a few steps towards the clear plastic retainer. A perfect modeling of my little sister’s teeth, it looked quite menacing as I approached it. I could just picture her teeth easily biting through this. This piece of shrimp is nothing to her. I have seen Al pop two or three of these things in her mouth at one time. Now this shrimp is bigger then my head.

As I neared the piece of shrimp I spied a small break in the piece of shrimp. I hadn’t noticed it before because it was on the bottom. It must have gotten slightly mashed inside Al’s pocket. I ran towards the shrimp now and fell to my knees. I dug my hands in between the small break and pulled the shrimp apart. A smile crossed my face as I leaned over the shrimp and now easily bit into soft inside of the shrimp. My tongue happily danced as the shrimp past over each taste bud. I hadn’t ever tasted anything so good in my life. I took a couple more bite and found myself quite full for the first time since this ordeal began.

I took a few steps away from the shrimp plopped back down onto the desk. I looked around at the piles of stuff on this desk. Clothes, books, and all kinds of junk were piled on here. There was hardly a clear place on this dresser. I then looked across the huge room. I couldn’t believe I ever thought this room to be small.

I wonder if this is going to be my home now? Will I spend the rest of my life in Al's bedroom? God, to think I may have to call this sty home? There has to be a way out of this.

 

***Alyson***

As my mom talked to me, I kept trying to tell her. I wanted to just scream out I shrunk Jacen and its all my fault that he is gone. All the pain and misery you have felt is because of me. I just couldn’t bring myself to her. I didn’t want her to think less of me, or stop loving me. How could she possibly forgive me?

“honey? Are you listening to what I’m saying?”

“Oh of course mom. I know things will be different while we all adjust. I’m not a kid anymore. You don’t have to baby me.”

“I know its just you will always be my little girl.”

“Can I go to my room. I just want to be alone for a bit. I have to go back to school tomorrow right?”

“Yeah, I think its best if we all go back to our normal routines.”

“Your probably right.”

I started to head back up stairs. I felt bad for not saying anything. I just couldn’t find the words to tell her how badly I messed up.

I was just about to the top of the stairs when a idea popped into my head. I wouldn’t have to tell anyone if I can fix this. I just have convince Jacen that its best if we not tell anyone for a bit. I can talk to the new girl and maybe there is some kind of reversal process for this.

“You are a genius Alyson.”