- Text Size +

I can still remember what it was like to have a normal life.

6:30 A.M., every day, I roused myself from sleep to get started on the school day. Took a shower, get dressed, it's 6:50 now (don't judge, I like my freedom and my privacy), eat quickly and it’s 7, finish getting cleaned up, leave around 7:15. Walk the two blocks or so to my high school, head for the computer lab, joke around with a few friends and play Agar.io or Bloons Tower Defense or whatever I felt like for a good half hour until classes. Endure online physics (read: listen to music and look up the answers) and Art, do a bit more computer-playing and joking in Seminar, do whatever in gym class, chill in English and Economics, and head down to the gym again to play dodgeball and soccer and such with a bunch of girls….including the ones that haunt me today.

I apologize if that was a mouthful, but it needed to be said. Should I die here, like I fear I might….I want the few of my friends that remain to remember how I had lived.

Never, in that time which feels so far gone but was less than a month before now, could I have possibly envisioned how horrifyingly screwed up everything around me was.

My friends….my colleagues, as they ended up being, they explained that my family had been absent from the conflict for its entirety up until the point when they decided everybody who could be trusted needed to be informed. When they first told me, I didn't believe a single word: I thought, y’know, maybe it was a practical joke of some sort. Thing was, though, those types of jokes weren't something that my brethren ever did. When I admitted how doubtful I was, well….let’s just say they had something on tape that convinced me. It's best I don't go into any more detail than that.

It appears I've gotten ahead of myself, with all this talk of conflict but no talk of what the conflict is/was about. Listen up good and hard here, as this is another thing that I don't want the world to be unaware of….as I can only imagine how they would suffer if this threat were to take them unaware.

I was told it started in the fifties, with a single discovery by a single person….a girl who went by the name of Melissa. This Melissa was, so I'm told, an absolute model as far as looks could go, with long, thick brown hair framing large brown eyes, a cute button nose, and the most perfectly tanned skin that a girl could possibly have.

Inside, she was a scientist…and pure, undiluted evil.

Though the sadistic brunette was generally good at keeping up her façade as a silly, girly teenager, there was one who saw Melissa as who she truly was: his name was Brett. Nobody knows quite how he saw through her ruse-those details lived and died with him, upon his request, as he soberly stated that the experience was too horrifying to repeat- but we do know two things:

1. The police didn't believe him.
2. His friends did.

To keep a long story relatively short (who knows, after all, how much time I have left to tell it), Bret brought together his friends, Melissa chemically brainwashed a bunch of girls to make them as evil as her, and the great Gender War began in our little town.

The scope of this war was great: Bret had a ton of friends, and those friend had friends of their own, while on the girls’ side there were as many willing participants as Melissa could get ahold of. However, in spite of this, everyday life did its best to go on as usual- including in the schools that the main combatants from both sides went to. See, neither side could afford a reveal quite yet; the girls had their sights set on total world domination, and they needed to give Melissa and those who worked with/ succeeded her in the ‘mad scientist’ department time to develop the necessary weapons. As for the boys, they knew from Brett’s experience that simply blowing the whistle wouldn't work: patience was required, as their opponents would need to screw up and allow them to present the police with literally undeniable evidence, without which such an inconceivable accusation would never be believed…..

…I’m saying way too much again. Even though my pursuers will have to check the entirety of the ruins they turned my hometown into, there is no doubt in my mind that they will realize I'm in the last building that still stands, at which point they'll send their whole force after me….

But yet, as I said, this story cannot be allowed to die.

And so I continue.

Fast-forward 65 years, and although nobody wants…..none of them wanted to admit it, we were losing the war very badly. Now, I'm not saying this in terms of battles or the death toll, but where we were getting smashed was in the arms race. As was previously mentioned, inventions so strange in their nature that they bordered on magic were commonplace on the girls’ side since day one-stuff for hypnosis, torture, even just straight-up weapons that no other person or group in the world could even think of, much less create….while for us guys, the main objective was just old-fashioned stealthy recon. Our mission from the start was to destroy the girls’ inventions, not to create our own. This worked in the earlier days, when their creations were relatively primitive and cautious. They were in the beta stage, to put it that way-

I can hear someone.

Dear God, I've gotta move fast on this now. To finish that last thought, I suppose I'll just mention the greatest example, and incidentally, the one that caused the destruction of the death trap that was once the city I called home….

….the growth/shrink ray.

Oh, and those footsteps I heard? I just looked out of a window….and they were coming from ten blocks away.

And they’re getting closer.

And she saw me looking.

And she was hundreds of feet tall.

And she has friends.

I think it's time for me to hide.



Chapter End Notes:
I'm not entirely sure yet when the giantess-y stuff will start....but I doubt I'll be able to hold back for long :)