- Text Size +

Chapter 5: Ansam    

All that stood before me was an unconscious, giant woman, slowly shrinking before me. In my arms, laid a broken, distressed woman. I quickly thought to myself where the infirmary was, as I studied the entire compound back to front. I remembered how the entrance looked and closed my eyes. A blast of wind blew on either sides of my ears and was greeting with a green plus sign in front of me. I quickly pushed the doors open and ran to the nearest nurse that I could find.

“Please! This woman needs medical attention immediately!” I yelled out to the girl. The nurse watched the woman in shock, as it was a miracle someone is still alive in that mangled body.

“Wha-wha-what happened?” The nurse continually stuttered. The woman was in complete disbelief at the state of the woman. It looked as if her entire body was enveloped in rope burns.

“It was, um… well it was one of the girls that just joined us. In a fit of rage, she grew and inflicted pain upon this woman. Please, this is not the time to talk, she needs medical attention now!” I screamed, louder to snap her out of her trance.

“Um, um, the equipment needs to be prepped and that will take about 30 minutes.” The nurse said.

I clenched my fists. She wasn’t going to make it. But then it dawned on me.

“Nurse get me all the water you possible can, quickly! I don’t need it next to me, just present!” I said.

The nurse ran to the bathroom and immediately turned on the faucet in the bath tub. Water immediately began to gush out. I quickly began swaying my arms in slow, precise movements. The water began to flow around my body, before slowly enveloping over the woman. The water slowly moved up and down the girl’s body. Her cries of agony slowly began to cease, as she was able to muster the strength to open her eyes.

“You, you saved me.” The woman could barely talk. “Thank you.”

“Not a problem ma’am, but please you shouldn’t be talking right now, you need to recover.” I said.

“Who was that woman?” she asked, unfazed that she was enveloped in a body of water. “Why did she even attack me? I wasn’t even the one who laughed at her! I even cautioned my stupid no good friends to stop laughing, and she comes after me?!” The woman’s rage was slowly beginning to build up.

I stood there in silence.

“She is supposed to be a new member of our team, and she goes out of her way to kill me? Not even once, but three times! She tried to step on me, then eat me, then finally dropped me from god knows how high? God I hate her so much! Typical spoiled rich bitch, thinking she can do whatever she wants. She has all the money in the world and what does she spend it on? A PhD she practically paid for, for what? To grow big whenever she wants? She’s supposed to be protecting us, not trying to kill us! You know, I’m beginning to think whether she’s even a part of our side. Maybe she’s just s villain!” The woman ranted.

“Don’t say that, she is one of us, she is not a villain.” I said calmly. I tried to keep the situation cool, but retaliating would only make matters worse.

“No, she can’t be trusted. Just know this; only in a time of rage or sadness, is a person’s true intents revealed. You went out of your way to heal me while she went out of her way to step on me. You’re the hero we need, not her.” The woman finally said, before turning her head off to the side, indicating the end of the conversation.

I healed her for a few more moments until there wasn’t any more healing left to do. I lifted all the water off of her body, expunging all the water that would have drenched her clothing. I moved the water back into the tub to drain. I slowly walked back to the door, to meet back with the commander. Before I left the door the woman spoke again

“Thank you again, and remember what I said.” She said.

I paused at the door. That is something that will never leave my mind.