- Text Size +

Dr. Foley was at Cheri's desk to consult with her about the situation. He had just explained how he was unable to compel Vanessa, despite drinking more than a litre of Rashja. "I hate to say it doctor, but I sort of told you so." It had been weeks since her last goddess rotation, but she could still smell the Rashja in him. It made him seem unusually appealing to her. "So what happened? Her profile doesn't have any signs of violence, and you don't appear hurt. What did she do?" 

His mind was thinking more about what she didn't do. Some part of him had wanted the stunning resort guest to force the tonyata from him, but his need for decorum prevented him from encouraging her. Eventually she had just let him go. "Not much, she just tore a doorknob free. I decided there wasn't much more we needed to keep here there for, so I had her escorted back to the resort grounds. Still, we need to decide what to do. A whole resort of goddesses with free will could cause quite a bit of damage." 

"Ohh, I don't think she's operating under free will. The compulsion is proportional to the Rashja strength. I've felt it myself. At level-three the will of a new vessel is very different than a fully saturated one. Chris' levels are so high, it's possible she simply finds his will more important than that of others." Even as she explained it, she realized how strong his appeal must be to the goddesses. She herself felt an unusual urge to seek him out, though one she could easily ignore. "We've studied this in our compulsion research. Given conflicting messages, the goddess is forced to prioritize, and you doctor, were simply a low priority for her." She smiled, containing a bit of a laugh.

The doctor considered her reasoning for a moment. It did seem sound, and his concern faded at the suggestion that there was nothing too out of the ordinary here. "Alright. We still should decide a path for Christopher. I recognize you had a handle on this situation from the beginning, what do you recommend we do with his level three promotion?" 

"I've been considering that very question. At the current response rate, he seems to shorten a dedicated goddess's level two duration from an average of eight days down to just two. Our models suggest this would reduce repeat visits and profits, but it's too soon to tell. However, if he's distributed widely enough, the lift would hardly be noticeable. The real question is whether we can separate him from Vanessa. She seems rather attached to him, and there is a good chance she'll bring him to level three herself. We could send a staff goddess to intervene." She felt her pulse quicken at the suggestion. She knew she was not the likely candidate, as it would obviously require someone already progressed to level two. However, even the remote chance clawed at her. The sernasa's power and pleasure was like a drug, and this might be her only chance to taste such a powerful source. 

She realized she had drifted off into her thoughts when she heard Dr. Foley repeating her name, "Cheri? Cheri?" He snapped his fingers. "Focus please." She met his eyes and nodded. "I'm not ready to invervene yet, but I want this to be your number one priority. Your other work can wait. Keep a close watch on the situation and let me know at the first sign of trouble." Her pulse quickened again. She definitively wanted to be close to this situation, now she just needed to figure out how to make it happen.