- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kelly wakes up after being nuked...

 

Chapter 18. Retribution

 

Her eyelids were not enough to protect her from the blinding sun. Instinctively, she moved a hand to cover her eyes. She was beginning to come back to consciousness, but still felt very dizzy. She realized that she had a terrible headache.

 

Opening her eyes, her hand still partially protecting them, Kelly could only see the sky. It was cloudless and the sun shone brightly right above her.

 

She was lying out in the open. Then, she noticed the water gently rocking her skin, cooling it down. She incorporated. Sitting down, she noticed that the water was barely covering half of her shapely thighs. Where the hell was she?

 

Memories of the last 24 hours began running through Kelly’s mind and started taking her out of her confusion. She turned, quickly looking around her, trying to identify where she was. She could only see water in every direction. She was confused. Then, she turned again and focused her eyes in the distance. There was water, but then… there was something else.

 

Her observations started matching her memories and Kelly’s mind started activating. It then remembered the pain, the incredibly intense pain. She looked at her hands and limbs. She did not see anything strange. No burn marks or remaining discomfort. She opened and closed her hands twice and flexed her biceps, only to find that she was feeling stronger than ever. She then decided to stand up.

 

Water was barely reaching over her ankle. Where was she? She turned and looked into the distance. And then, she easily found it.

 

The city of New York and its skyline were easy enough to recognize, even if in the distance, it looked smaller than ever. Then, something finally snapped in the back of Kelly’s head and she became fully aware of what she was and what had happened.

 

“They nuked me” she thought. Then, she felt the rage growing quickly inside her. “They fucking nuked me!” her rage then screamed. Her teeth were clenched and she had closed her fists with such as strength that she would have been able to liquefy metal inside them.

 

She understood what had happened to her. She could only wonder:

 

“How big did I get?”

 

She realized that she was as angry as worried. She had already been almost too big before. How much bigger had she got? Too much more, and she would not be able to interact with the world anymore.

 

There was only one way to know. She started walking in the direction of the city. Her feet sank deep in what she now knew was the ocean bed as she advanced. She got to her destination in no time. Standing right next to the shore, she was looking at Long Island from above. None of its buildings reached past her ankle.

 

“Oh fuck” Kelly muttered, in words that were meant to herself but that were heard by every single citizen of New York.

 

 

 

 

The day had to be the roughest one in the history of the city. The giant woman’s trek through Queens had looked catastrophic enough, but not an hour later, the easily recognizable shape of a nuclear mushroom had formed in the horizon and had sent anyone that had not yet been trying to evacuate into the streets, trying to flee the nuclear fallout. So, by the time Kelly came back, almost the entire city was out in the open, where they could see her.

 

They had been able to see her as soon as she had stood up in the distance. And then, everyone’s nightmare had become true when she had turned and had headed back for the city.

 

Arthur had the bad luck to be in one of the crowds closer to the giant as she got back into the city and stood right in front of its shore. He had tried to get as far away from the coast as possible when he saw where she was heading to, even if deep inside he knew that it was futile. He still could not prevent looking back from time to time to see her titanic form approach the city.

 

“Oh my God, how big did she get?” someone around him asked

 

“She must be miles tall” a woman screamed

 

Arthur kind of agreed with that estimation. The woman had been massive before but now… her size could not be compared with anything mankind had created or even thought about. It was geological in nature. Someone close to him had to agree, since he heard him saying:

 

“She’s the size of a fucking mountain range!”

 

 

 

 

Kelly felt a moment of despair when she realized what her new size was. There was nothing in the city worth comparing herself to. Everything, every single building was way too tiny. Then, her despair turned into anger. A lot of it.

 

Her voice rocked the city like a thunderstorm.

 

“You fucking ants! You are not even ants anymore! You worthless microscopic scum! I told you what would happen if you tried killing me. I fucking told you! How the hell am I supposed to rule you now if I cannot even see you?”

 

Then, Kelly took a step backwards and started dropping on her knees.

 

 

 

 

The woman’s words had made every single bone in Arthur’s body rattle. They also made the road under his feet shake. He felt the shadow she cast over them change and looked over his shoulder as he ran, to see what was going on. She saw her titanic shape drop, almost in slow motion.

 

Then, her knees impacted with the ocean floor, causing a shake so powerful that Arthur and the entire mob around him were thrown off their feet. The façade of the building to his right cracked. A second later, the building began to crumble, trapping dozens of people under its debris. Arthur knew that he had to get away from there. He had some trouble getting back up, though. Some replicas to the original shake had defeated his initial attempts. When he did, he heard screaming behind him. Turning, Arthur saw a thirty feet tall wave quickly advancing between the buildings and in his direction. He tried to scream himself, but he was caught by it before any sound could get out of his mouth.

 

 

 

 

“How fucking big have I got? I must be miles tall!” Kelly wondered as she looked at the micro-city in front of her.

 

New York still spread out over a large enough extension that the city was meaningful enough for Kelly. But nothing inside it seemed to be big enough for Kelly to interact anymore.

 

She focused her eyes and saw some non-uniform masses spreading into the streets. Narrowing her eyes a little and making an effort, she thought she could make out individual tiny dots of different colors forming them. She realized that they were people. She was not able to distinguish their individual shapes, though, not even with her incredibly keen eyesight.

 

“It was hard enough before… but now… now it will be absolutely impossible to communicate with them. Unless they use a stadium’s speaker system, that is”

 

She blamed the microscopic people again for her troubles. She felt a very strong urge to crush thousands of them right away. And, considering they had nuked her, she could not find any reason why her action would not be more than justified.

 

Her mind then remembered the pain. She felt it again, all along her skin. Before she realized that she was thinking about it, she had slammed her fist in the middle of a densely built area.

 

A dozen city blocks were instantly obliterated as her fist broke through them, through the lower layers of the city and through the earth’s crust. Of course, she had expected that. She had not expected what happened next, though.

 

Her pissed off gesture was way more destructive than just a few city blocks. The force with which she had hit the ground instantly created an earthquake with its epicenter in her fist and that made the ground crack, twist and bend, swallowing a few more surrounding city blocks. Then, the worst came. The blast from her punch created a shockwave that practically disintegrated everything it met. Kelly removed her fist and observed with curiosity as ripples of destruction brought down city block after city block in an expanding circle around the spot where she had hit the ground.

 

After a while, the shockwave started losing momentum. Buildings were still being brought down, but they “just” broke into larger chunks, instead of being turned into powder. A few moments later, the wave of destruction seemed to die. Kelly did not even know how big she was anymore, so she was not good at judging distances, but by the time buildings finished collapsing, she would have sworn that at least a couple hundred city blocks had ceased to be.

 

A cloud of dust started to emerge from the spot where her fist had hit the ground and Kelly saw that as it rose, it started taking the shape of a mushroom. She could not prevent feeling impressed at what she understood had happened.

 

Then, Kelly realized that she had probably killed more people with a single casual gesture than in her entire previous day as an already very large giant woman. She perfectly knew that they were civilians, not the ones that had directly attacked her. But still, her mind rejected feeling any guilt. Without her knowing, something on the back of her head was working in a rush to rationalize her new situation. She felt the words coming to her mouth even before she had had time to let them settle in. They felt natural.

 

“I don’t care” she simply said. She had not even raised her voice. She knew it was not needed anymore. She listened to her own words and repeated them, reaffirming herself. “I don’t care about any of you anymore”

 

Twisting her lip, she went on. Her tone was not happy. It was not frustrated either. It sounded… pragmatic.

 

“You turned me into this. You tried to kill me and you turned me into this. You gave me the power to create mass destruction with one hand, but took away any chance I had at communicating and interacting with you. So, remember, you are responsible for this” she said

 

Then, she extended a finger and reached for one of the tallest buildings within her reach that was still standing. Pushing her fingertip to its roof, she quickly made it collapse on itself.

 

“There’s no way I’m going to feel any guilt for what you did to me. I won’t reject who I am, either. And I am, sure as hell, not going to restrain myself just because you made me too fucking big. Not killing you was already fucking hard before, and now it’s going to be impossible. So, I’m not going to try, anymore”

 

As if to prove her point, Kelly rested her hand on another section of the city that was still standing and swept it over it, bringing a few dozen more blocks down with insulting ease.

 

“As a matter of fact, I’m so pissed off at you, that I think it’s time you see what happens when I do try to kill you. If it takes turning a country into dust so that the rest of the world finally realizes that messing with me is not a good idea, then so be it”

 

As she said that, Kelly started to rise back to her full height. Then, placing her hands on her hips, she said:

 

“I’m going to take over the fucking world, even if I have to bring half of it down first. I would have rather been something else, but if I’m forced to be an uncaring destructive goddess, then that’s what I will be”

 

As she finished her sentence, Kelly took a step into the city.

 

 

 

 

JFK was the pure image of absolute chaos. Tens of thousands of people crammed its terminal buildings. The only reason why the airport was still working, even if with difficulties, were the almost three thousand soldiers that controlled every single corner of it. And it had taken them nearly two hours to re-establish control on the infrastructure when they had finally been able to get to it late in the previous night.

 

A dozen corpses, all with a varying number of automatic fire wounds, were witness to the fact that it had not been easy.

 

Planes were finally taking off the multiple runways in JFK as quickly as the air traffic controllers could possibly handle them. Commanding the operation from the control tower, Colonel Sanders was surprised that the stream of empty jetliners flying in to take more people out from New York was still constant enough to get the airport busy.

 

In the almost twelve hours they had been continuously operating, they had managed to dispatch more than nine hundred flights. A couple hundred thousand people were now safe because of this, and Sanders felt proud at his contribution.

 

When the woman had re-emerged in the ocean, a few minutes before, larger than ever, panic had risen to its highest level yet and Sanders’ men were about to lose control of the situation. They managed to handle it, even if this had required a couple dozen more victims. He was not happy about them, but he knew they had been necessary. They had managed to dispatch a dozen more flights since then.

 

Then, the words he had been dreading came through the radio:

 

“Sir, she is coming in this direction”

 

 

 

 

Washington’s airport had already looked small when, for the lack of a better word, Kelly had played with it. JFK did not look bigger than a toy set as she headed towards it, each of her oil tanker sized feet finishing countless city blocks with each step. This time, even the buildings that did not end under her soles were not lucky enough to escape from Kelly’s destruction. Just the ripples her feet created on the ground as they sank a couple hundred feet into it were enough to bring some of the closest blocks down. Then, the earthquakes her casual steps produced took care of a few more.

 

Of course, Kelly had been attracted by the tiny dots taking off in the sky like a girl would have been attracted to candy. Reaching the airport grounds much faster than anyone would have thought possible, Kelly stood right beyond them and placed her hands on her hips again as she marveled at the situation.

 

She had felt very proud when she had been easily able to catch a plane off the sky the previous day. The sport did not look like a challenge anymore. Half a dozen planes were crawling upwards in the sky at what seemed like a snail’s pace. A couple had not even been able to make it to her waist, one was right in front of her crotch, a couple more were comically moving in front of her belly button and the final one had not even made it to her chest. And none of them looked much longer than half of one of her fingers.

 

Even if she knew they must be flying at speeds the microscopic people of the city would consider fast, to Kelly it looked as if each of the planes had been set there for her to do with it as she pleased.

 

Luckily for the immediate fate of the passengers of the planes, Kelly was not interested in destroying them right away. So, reaching out with two fingers, she carefully picked the plane that was closer to her tits by its tail, making a big effort not to immediately crush it.

 

Bringing it to her eyes, she smiled as she observed the tiny aircraft. Finally she could look at something she could recognize and see with enough detail!

 

Kelly was no expert in commercial planes, but she thought that the one she was holding was one of the big ones, the ones they used for the longest flights. It had two engines under each wing and the main body got taller at the front, like a humpback.

 

“I guess there must be five hundred of you in there” she said. “And I guess that all five hundred of you are screaming, or praying to God right now” she added. “Wanna know what this means to me?” she asked

 

Then, she waited a couple of seconds to reply to herself.

 

“Nothing” she said. “Absolutely nothing” she repeated. “I could place all five hundred of you in my nipple and even if you all jumped at the same time I doubt I would feel anything. That’s what you are to me now. And it’s all your fault!”

 

Then, she brought the plane to her nipple and crushed it against it. It tickled for an instant. And that was all. Still, her nipple swelled. The excitement that had caused it had not been physical, though.

 

Bringing two fingers together, Kelly moved them until they were right behind another of the fleeing planes and flicked it. It erupted into a fireball. She wondered what to do with the rest. Out of ideas, she just walked through them and into the airport, crushing an entire terminal building under her right foot. She wondered how many people had died inside the building, but the thought only lasted an instant.

 

Curious about airport construction principles, she crouched down and dug her hand into the ground. When she moved it up, she was holding an entire terminal building in her palm.

 

Then, she started peeling the roof with the fingernails of her free hand.

 

She knew that a fair amount of debris had rained into the people inside the building, but by the time she was done, she was fairly happy with her job. She peeked inside the building with curiosity.

 

 

 

Sharon was holding to a bench for dear life. All around her, people were sliding in the direction of the security checkpoint. A couple of seconds before, they had been sliding in the opposite direction. It felt as if the entire building was riding a rollercoaster.

 

At some point, everything seemed to stabilize, even if the building was still a little tilted towards the exit. Then, large chunks of the ceiling started raining down. Dozens of people disappeared under them while the rest of the thousands trapped in the terminal building screamed like crazy.

 

Then, things got calm. Sharon could see bright light shining into her. She looked up. And then, she let out her loudest scream yet when the entire sky was filled with the face of a young woman. It was sneering.

 

Her lips parted. The floor under Sharon shook with every word the mouth uttered. To her, it sounded as if she had been chained to the main speakers in a rock and roll concert.

 

“I guess there must be thousands of you there. I cannot see you well enough. You are just too small. So, I’m afraid that this conversation is going to be a little one sided. I guess it does not matter anymore”

 

Sharon had not felt even a fraction of the terror she was feeling right now in her entire life. She looked around and saw that everyone else seemed to be thinking the same… then, someone stood out. She was probably in her mid forties, was well dressed and had shoulder length brown hair. She was not screaming. She did not even seem scared. She seemed determined. Standing up from the bench where she had been sitting and holding for dear life, she started running among the people and the ruins.

 

 

 

 

Martha felt there was a chance. She was not extremely optimistic about it, but she knew she had to try. She reached the door soon enough. The soldier next to it had not been paying attention for a while, but he quickly reacted when he saw her heading there.

 

“What are you trying to do?” he asked. He did not sound too friendly

 

“I’m trying to save our lives”

 

 

 

 

With the woman gone, Sharon lost her momentary distraction, so her mind was fully focused on the goddess addressing them through the roof.

 

“By now, you should all know who I am. I don’t know if all of you know what happened over the last couple of hours, so I’ll summarize it for you: you nuked me and I grew quite a lot more. I have no idea how big you made me. But the thing is that I’m holding thousands of you, along with your building, in my palm”

 

The woman seemed to be thinking for a couple of seconds. Then, she said as casually as if she had been talking about the weather.

 

“Now, this is all I really wanted to do with you. I guess it’s time to get rid of you and get going”

 

Sharon was about to scream when a loud screeching sound made her bring her hands to her ears. Around her, hundreds of people were doing the same. Then, a loud woman’s voice came through the speaker system in the airport. It was, by no means, as loud as the voice from the goddess, but it was way louder than the usual airport announcements.

 

 

 

 

“Is this the loudest it can get?” Martha asked

 

“Yes” the technician in the control room replied

 

“Let’s hope that it’s enough” Martha said

 

 

 

 

Kelly was about to close her hand around the terminal building when she had the biggest surprise in her entire experience as a giant. The building talked back to her! Its voice was not too loud, but she could hear it. It sounded like a woman, but it had some traces of a metallic sound into it.

 

“Kelly, stop!” the voice said. “Please” it added

 

Kelly opened her eyes wide. Then, she asked:

 

“Stop what?”

 

“You were going to kill us” the voice said

 

Kelly shrugged and said:

 

“I was”

 

“Please, don’t do it” the voice said

 

Kelly felt really curious.

 

“Who are you?” she asked

 

“My name is Martha. I’m in the control center of the terminal building. I’m using the PA system. We’re running on emergency batteries, so I don’t know how long I have”

 

“Are you in charge?” Kelly asked

 

“No. I was just one of the evacuees. There are thousands like me here” Martha said

 

“So, why are you the one talking to me then?” Kelly asked

 

“No one else had thought about this” Martha said

 

Kelly frowned.

 

“Of course. No one ever thinks on talking to me. All they seem to be able to do is shoot me with anything they can get their hands on. Most of the times it’s worthless, but from time to time they try something powerful enough and they make me bigger”

 

“I understand you are upset” Martha’s voice said

 

Kelly chuckled ironically.

 

“Do you? Have you ever been nuked?”

 

“Kelly, please. It’s not the fault of the people in this building”

 

Kelly rolled her eyes and said:

 

“I’m afraid I’m not able to differentiate between you anymore. You saw to it when you made me this fucking huge!” she said, her tone getting angrier as she built the sentence

 

 

 

 

Martha knew that she was getting dangerously close to a dead end. And she knew what would happen if the conversation reached that point. She had plenty of experience treating with troubled minds. In the end, she was one of the psychologists the New York Police Department used for some of the most complex cases. She realized that she did not have any experience treating with anyone that had been in a position even remotely close to that of Kelly.

 

She had a hunch. She decided to bet her life, and that of the thousands of people in the terminal building, on it. Getting her mouth close to the microphone as a dozen people looked at her in anguish, she said:

 

“I thought you liked to be big”

 

Some more chuckles from the god-like woman made the walls of the control center rattle. Then, her voice came back, powerful as ever. It did not sound so angry as in her previous answer, though.

 

“Of course I liked to be big. It’s the best thing that happened to me. I could have fun playing with the world. I was above people. I could force anyone to do anything I wanted. I could rule the world. But I’m not big anymore! I cannot even fucking see you!”

 

Martha knew that she had got out of the cul-de-sac, but that she was still on thin ice. It was hard to understand Kelly’s mentality, but she was starting to form a theory in her head. She decided to try her luck a little more.

 

“You can still rule the world” she said. She saw that some of the people in the control room looked very uncomfortable as she said that. No one moved to try to get her out of the microphone, though. She guessed that everyone knew that this would probably be everyone’s death sentence

 

“Oh, of course I can still rule the world. If anything, you made me so damned big and powerful that this is more evident than ever. I’d have rather ruled the world in a different way, though” Kelly’s thundering voice said

 

“What do you mean?” Martha asked, finding out that she was actually interested on the answer from a professional point of view

 

“I would have been a good ruler, you know? I’m smart and I’m fair. I would have forced the world to be a better place. I would have listened to you and I would have helped you. I would have used force just when needed. But now, you took all of that away” Kelly said

 

Martha decided not to say anything. Predictably enough, Kelly went on.

 

“You made me so big that my ability to create destruction has increased a million-fold, but my ability to communicate with you has just disappeared”

 

“We are communicating” Martha said

 

“And yet, I will never see you. You got me to a point where I cannot care about you as individuals anymore. To me, anything short of a city or a mob does not make sense anymore. What you are doing right now is a proof of that, actually. I’m speaking to you, but you are actually speaking on behalf of thousands of people. Thousands of people I cannot even see and that I’m holding in my palm”

 

“You can still care” Martha said, trying to turn the mountain woman’s frustration

 

Then, her next question fell like a hammer blow:

 

“What’s the smallest thing you’ve ever cared about?”

 

Martha tried to find an answer quickly. The best she could get was:

 

“Size is not important”

 

“You are seriously telling that precisely to me?” the giant woman said, chuckling as she finished. “Size is of the utmost importance. To start with, my size allows me to crush this little building with thousands of you inside at any moment I want”

 

“Being big doesn’t mean that you need to destroy and kill to prove your power” Martha said

 

“Destruction is probably the only form of communication you’ve left me. With this size you got me to, it’s not as if it was not going to happen, anyway”

 

“So, are you going to kill us, then?” Martha asked. Her question was in part a form of surrender. She had some vague hopes that it could trigger something in the woman’s mind

 

“I think I’ll let you live. And believe me, that is going to be harder for me that just crushing you”

 

Cheers erupted in the control room. Kelly’s voice overshadowed them all:

 

“The only reason I’m doing it is because I enjoyed this little chat. It was an unexpected and pleasant surprise. So, I guess that all of you microbes can thank Martha for your worthless lives”

 

 

 

 

 

Kelly crouched and moved her hand down with as much care as she could. Then, she realized that getting the building out of her hand in one piece was going to be hard. The first thing she did was push her backhand in the ground. She felt it easily sinking under her titanic force. Then, she started moving her hand back, digging more of the area, while trying to slowly move the building out of her palm with two fingers of her free hand.

 

It was a long and cumbersome process and there were a couple of moments where Kelly was tempted to just turn her palm and let the remainder of the building drop and be done with it. She decided that she might as well keep a promise, so she kept trying.

 

Almost by the end of her attempt, when half the terminal building was already resting on land and not in her palm, there was an “accident” and she saw a crack almost breaking the building in two.

 

She cursed between her teeth, but kept ongoing. A couple of minutes later, she was done. She sighed, feeling somewhat relieved

 

“Martha, are you all right?” she asked

 

It took a while for the voice of the PA system to come back.

 

“I… I am bruised, but I think I’m fine”

 

“I told you it was way harder to spare you than to kill you” Kelly said with a casual tone

 

 

 

 

“Why are we still talking to her?” someone in the control room said

 

“She can still crush us in one step” someone else suggested

 

Martha knew that she was not done yet. She took the microphone and said:

 

“There are reports… there are victims”

 

“I had kind of guessed that” Kelly replied in a tone that suggested that she did not feel responsible at all for the deaths

 

“Are you really going to leave us alone?” Martha asked

 

“I told you so. Besides, I’ve enjoyed this, but I have much more to do. I need to get going”

 

“What are you going to do?” Martha asked, and then she realized that this had been a very bad mistake.

 

“I will punish you. Not you in particular, but the country. I’ll bring New York to the ground first. I have not yet decided how many other cities will be enough to set the right example”

 

Martha was horrified.

 

“But millions will die!”

 

Kelly’s voice came back. Her tone was still casual:

 

“And hopefully, billions will learn. The world has refused to learn so far, and I’ve given people enough opportunities. This time I will make sure that I don’t fall short in how hard the lesson is”

 

“But… how can you not care? You just saved us” Martha said

 

“I saved you. I like you enough to care about what happened to you. I don’t care about any other microbe out there”

 

Martha had thought that she had understood Kelly. At least partially. Now, she realized that she had not understood a thing. The young woman had seemed smart and sensitive enough when engaging in a conversation, but now she was talking about genocide as if she were talking about doing the laundry.

 

Then, she realized that humanity had left her. She looked like human and talked like a human. And up to some point, she still reasoned like a human. But she did not feel like a human anymore. She had proclaimed herself goddess before, but now she was finally starting to act like one.

 

Her voice came back:

 

“Good bye Martha. It was nice communicating with someone microscopic”

Martha’s mouth was still next to the microphone. All she managed to say was:

 

“Good bye”

 

 

 

 

The conversation had been entertaining and had made Kelly feel better. She was not fooling herself, in any case. She did not have any expectations to be able to communicate regularly. In any case, now she knew a trick that might work when she wanted to force some communication in the future.

 

She was not planning on engaging in any additional conversation in the short term, in any case. She had a job to do first.

 

Turning towards Manhattan, she took three steps in its direction and was soon standing back in front of Battery Park. This time, the tallest building in the island barely came to mid-shin.

 

With the water barely able to wet her soles, she positioned herself in front of the island, widened her stance and placed her hands on her hips. Then, she addressed the population of the city.

 

“I cannot see you, but I know you are there. I know there are news choppers, and cameramen on the street, and people with cell phones airing this live. I know I’m impossible to ignore. And I know you can listen to me. Pay attention”

 

She waited a couple of seconds and then went on.

 

“I told you I was a goddess. I told you that I could not be defeated. Some of you refused to believe it and attacked me. And you just managed to turn me into an even bigger and more powerful being. You managed to achieve something else, though. I’m not going to be a nice goddess anymore. I’m gonna play the vengeful goddess, at least for a while. I’m so pissed off at you that I cannot even find words to describe it, so I will let my actions do the talking. You already know what’s coming. I mean, I’m pretty sure that everyone can listen to anything I say from pretty far away, so you could hear what I said back at the airport. But I guess that the least you deserve is me telling you directly. I’m going to use the new size that you’ve given me. I’m going to make an example of you. I’m going to bring this city to the ground. And I don’t expect any of you microbes to survive”

 

Without further warning, she took a step into the city. A dozen blocks disappeared under her sole, followed by a dozen more that soon met the same fate under her other foot. Two steps later, her feet were on both sides of her favorite building in town. She had purposefully stepped as far away from it as possible to try to keep it standing and in one piece.

 

Bending down, she reached for it with both hands. With great care, she dug the area next to it deep enough so that she would get below the foundations of the building. Then, she tried to pluck the Empire State from the ground in one piece.

The fact that she managed to do so was impressive. Kelly felt proud of herself. Raising it with care to her face, she smiled and said:

 

“When I came to New York with my parents, this is the thing that impressed me the most. The Empire State Building. They got me a miniature version, a souvenir. It was not much smaller than the real building is, now”

 

She admired the architecture and the detail. She thought she could even see the spot where she had removed the fence from the observation deck the night before, to catch her admirer. Then, she said:

 

“I had the miniature Empire State in my bedroom. And then… well, I have to confess something I had not told anyone yet. I was bored… one day. My parents were off for the weekend and I had broken with my boyfriend a couple of weeks before. I wasn’t feeling like getting any other boy to get in my panties just yet. But that particular night… I started feeling horny. And well, the miniature was so readily available…”

 

Kelly smirked naughtily. She did not know why she was saying that. The story was not even true. She had never had an issue to find a boy willing to ease her urges. Well, at least not until she had grown, that is.

 

“I guess that is when my pattern of fucking famous landmarks started” she said. Then, she added: “I don’t know how many of you are there, but I think it’s safe to say that this is going to be the biggest orgy ever”

 

Then, she brought the building down and pushed it into her cunt. She moaned… but soon the building started to break and crumble. She tried a second stroke, but the building just broke into even smaller pieces.

 

Letting it drop, she brought a finger into her crotch to release some trapped portions of the building, including its famous spire, and sighed.

 

“I guess that was too much to hope for” she said in a resigned tone.

 

Four steps later, she was standing in the middle of Central Park. She did not think that the park would be much longer than she was tall. Since she did not know how long Central Park was, though, that did not help her much to understand her new size.

 

She understood her size enough for what was coming next, though. Turning to face mid town, she placed her hands on her hips and said:

 

“I did not like being nuked”

 

Then, she raised her right foot as high as she could, held it there for a couple of seconds and finally slammed it down into the ground.

 

Her feet broke through soil, underground and earth crust. A magnitude 8 earthquake shook a city that was not used to them. People on the shaking buildings did not have too long to worry about the tremors, since the shockwave caught them soon enough.

 

Kelly observed the blast of destruction expanding from her foot and bringing down more and more of the city. A careless punch had already done tremendous damage, back in Long Island. Now, she had really meant to be as destructive as possible with her stomp, and the results were actually better than expected.

 

Dust started raising and forming the mushroom cloud as city blocks kept on falling like dominoes.

 

She waited some more time and then realized that her job there was done. She had brought a city down with a stomp.

 

She turned and headed west. New Yorkers would not be the only ones to pay for what had been done to her.