- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“This ought to be the last of it.” Konrad dumped the sack of old rocks at the feet of his employer. An inward smile crossed his grizzled features as he was reminded once again how tiny his benefactor was; the loot he’d collected for her was at least twenty times bigger than her. The fairy’s face lit up light a festive tree, a toothy grin plastered across her mouth as she tore open the sack, inspecting the relics within.

 

“Oh yes; this is exactly what I needed… you’re a miracle worker Konrad, I hope you know that.”

 

“I get paid to be one.” He rumbled in response; his arms folded as he punctuated the word ‘paid’. Firia never failed to pay up of course, but she often got distracted when new materials were brought to her. Konrad had learned from past experience that being firm and direct was important when dealing with the smoky-haired little firecracker.

 

“Of course, of course; just give me a moment will you?” Firia landed amidst the rubble and began mumbling to herself. Konrad just watched her silently, inspecting her latest physique. In his experience, the little fairy had never been entirely happy with her body. He wasn’t sure if it was her weight, her skin, her shape or something else, but she seemed forever on the lookout for transformative magic that could twist her appearance.

 

At present she was in a mildly chubby state; barely perceptible to the untrained eye, but easily noticeable to a hunter like Konrad. Her ever-wispy hair flared upwards as usual, the previous shade of red having been replaced with an icy blue tint. Somehow, her skin was even more pale than the last time he was here, almost to the point of being bone white, save for the scattered freckles on her cheeks.

 

“Believe me, if this is indeed the last of what I need, you’ll be getting much, much more than your usual fee.”

 

“Oh? Is that a fact?” Konrad raised an eyebrow, never one to decline the generosity of a customer blinded with joy.

 

One by one the stones rose out of the sack, guided by the fairy’s magic as they wafted through the air towards the back of the room. An assortment of gemstones, artifacts and organic debris lay sprawled across the floor, these latest pieces settling at seemingly random intervals.

 

“Konrad you magnificent man,” Firia said in a breathless tone of excitement, “please go to the second door on your right and open it for me.”

 

Konrad shrugged his shoulders and wandered over to the door as instructed, pulling on the latch and dragging it open. Inside was an incalculable pile of gold and gemstones; the fairy hoard. Tempting though it would have been to the average man, Konrad had been in the business long enough to know not to steal from the little-folk. Typically his payment would involve Firia disenchanting a decently sized lump for him to take. Today however…

 

“It’s all yours.”

 

“… Excuse me?” Konrad’s eyes widened as he looked back over his shoulder at his employer.

 

“I don’t need any of it anymore; I’ve got everything I require, thanks to you. Take everything you can carry, and come back for more whenever you want.” The mercenary squinted at the fairy, looking for some hint of deception or sarcasm. Her giddy expression and obvious aura of delight was more than enough proof however that she was dead serious. Honestly though, he wasn’t sure how comforting that knowledge was.

 

“So, what now? You planning on taking over the world or something little lady?”

 

Firia just laughed. It was a wild, reckless laugh that Konrad had never heard before.

 

“My dear Konrad, after today, nobody will ever call me ‘little lady’ again.”

 

A rumble of unknown energy gradually wove its way through the room, moving from object to object amidst Firia’s cluster of artifacts. While he was briefly interested to know what sort of spell it was that Firia was trying to cast exactly, he also felt a keen sense of self-preservation overcome his curiosity. With no way to know if the entire place would simply explode if the grinning little fairy had made a mistake, he flicked open the lid of his displacement case and set about stuffing his payment inside.

 

In the thirty or so seconds it took for the mercenary to feel satisfied with the sum, the energy in the room had reached an intensity so acute that it had become visible to the naked eye. A dozen strings of faint light were twisting about the pattern Firia had created, each one a different shade of colour. In the middle of it all, the little fairy floated still as a statue with each tendril of energy reaching its conclusion in her body. Hitherto unseen tattoos sprang to life up and down her exposed flesh, her very veins emitting an intense radiance that had Konrad covering his eyes.

 

“Well, good luck! If it’s all the same to you, I’ll be off.” The mercenary didn’t wait for a reply before he dashed out of the fairy’s chamber, pulling the door tight shut behind him. Firia was a well-paying employer, sure, but it wasn’t worth his life to stick around and watch all that mystic mumbo jumbo. Keeping up the steady pace of jogging, Konrad didn’t slow down until he’d left the grounds of the fairy’s shop and arrived back in the main city square of the metropolis. He basked in the familiar glow of the iridescent street lamps, the gentle hum of their power drowned out by the sounds of the teeming market.

 

It was easy to see why someone like Firia could feel overwhelmed by the sheer size of everything to the point of self-consciousness. Konrad after all was one of the tallest men in the business, and even he found the clockwork spires and towering structures a bit intimidating. With the possible exception of long-dead races like the ancient dragons or the titans of old, there wasn’t a creature alive that wouldn’t feel small in that place.

 

Until now.

 

Konrad had barely taken more than a few steps into the middle of the city square when he heard the sound of Firia’s laughter ringing in the air behind him. Shooting a glance back over his shoulder, the mercenary was almost bowled over by a brightly coloured shape whizzing past him from the open door of the fairy’s workshop. It skidded to a halt a few feet in front of him, and his mouth gaped in amazement.

 

There, plain as day was his part-time employer, Firia. She stood with both feet planted on the ground, looking him straight in the eye… matching his height exactly. The cheerful, mischievous smile on her face and the ecstatic glint in her eyes told him that being the same size as a human had clearly been the intent of the spell.

 

“… Well that’s a neat trick.” He managed to say through his stunned expression.  “I didn’t think that sort of growth magic was possible on a living creature.”

 

“HA! I know right?! It’s not just growth magic either; that’s only part of it. It’s a magnificent part, don’t get me wrong, but I can do anything with myself now! ANYTHING! Watch.” Snapping her fingers, the shock of blue hair snapped instantly to a rich shade of purple, and then another snap brought it to red. Clenching her fists, she bit her lip as though she were straining to open a stiff jar, and a moment later her skin changed colour from pale white to emerald green, then to cobalt blue, then to cracked obsidian. Again and again she snapped her fingers, changing some cosmetic aspect of her figure, until finally she brought it back to the appearance Konrad knew best; the pale, blue haired lady who’d been keeping a roof over his head for months.

 

“I’ve got to hand it to you, that’s some properly impressive magic. You could make a fortune with those sorts of tricks.”

 

“Hohoho, oh no, this little beauty is one of a kind. I have total mastery over my body… and the best is yet to come.” With a wink, the fairy launched herself like a bullet through the crowd, darting amongst the startled city-folk until she’d brought herself right into the center of it all. “HERE WE GO!” She shouted, causing several passers-by to stop and stare.

 

Hands wringing in excitement and with a gleeful grin on her lips, Firia spoke a single word that would mark the end of an era.

 

“Bigger!”

 

It wasn’t exactly instant, but given the whole thing was over in only a few seconds, it may as well have been. The transformation wasn’t radical, but it was certainly acute in sheer scale. Firia’s entire frame lit up for a heartbeat in an aura of icy blue light, before shooting upwards into the sky. If her growth to the size of a human had been an impressive accomplishment, it was a pebble in the ocean compared to the leap in proportions she’d just undergone.

 

By the time Konrad grasped what was happening, it was already over. People all around the square were hollering in surprise and disbelief at the living tower that had appeared in the midst of the city. The tallest structure in the entire city, the tower of living clockwork that housed the royal guild of mages, now barely stretched up to the underside of Firia’s prodigious bust.

 

Her clothes had also scaled up with her. This was fortunate for what little modesty the fairy had, but even they seemed to be straining under the force of the transformation. Slight tears had appeared around her waist and along the sides of her stomach, as well as around the rim of her chest. If she noticed at all, the towering tease didn’t much care. Her eyes glinted with undisguised satisfaction as she looked down at the ground far below, at the tiny people milling about in confusion and alarm to her colossal height. With her feet still planted firmly on the ground as she grew, many market stalls now lay in ruin in her wake, with dozens of people now pinned beneath her soles. She giggled at the sight.

 

Without knowing what in the five realms he was supposed to do about it, Konrad drew his electro-sword uncertainly.

 

“Firia!” He called out as loudly as he could, addressing the titanic fairy, “Step off them, please! You’re going to hurt someone, if you haven’t already!”

 

“Pfft,” Firia waved a dismissive hand as she lifted one of her feet emphatically, revealing the underside, “remember what I said before? I have TOTAL control over my body. It’s true that I want to be the biggest there is, but I don’t want to harm anyone! How can I bask in the bigness if there’s nobody around to enjoy it?”

 

Sure enough, the half dozen people under the fairy’s gigantic foot were entirely unharmed, if a bit scruffy looking from being compressed into her sole. Dazed but alive, they peeled themselves off one by one and fell a few feet to the ground, rubbing their heads in confusion before looking up to see what had landed on them. “Rest assured you adorable, teeny little people, I shan’t harm a single hair on your heads!” She bit her lip as a look of pure mischief overtook her. “However… I can’t say the same for your city.”

 

“…Firia?” Konrad said uneasily; he knew that look. He’d seen that look in the eyes of people who were about to do something very, very naughty.

 

“Sorry!” Firia grinned as she seated herself carefully on the roof of the local armory, the structure groaning under the sudden weight. “But what good is being the biggest there is if you can’t have a little fun?”

 

“You… you know that if you try to do this… I’ll have to stop you, right?” Konrad asked in a tone of voice that made it clear he wasn’t a fan of the situation at hand.

 

“Aww, you’re a sweetheart Konrad,” Firia replied with an affectionate wink, “but sadly a teeny bit misguided. I’m not going to ‘try’ to do anything… I just will. But if you want to try and stop me…”

 

Her face scrunched up as though she were holding her breath. Puffing out her cheeks, she clenched her eyes shut, squeezed her fists together tightly… and grew herself some more. The straining was completely for show of course; she could have just transformed herself without so much as a twitch, but she found it far more entertaining to put on a little display for the people below. Several city blocks vanished as her plump, voluptuous bottom rolled out like a wave of flesh, engulfing the buildings beneath her. Her head punched through the clouds and her legs shot outwards, levelling vast tracts of the city until her feet were poking out over the outer walls.

 

In the process of growing, the thickness of her figure had once again exploded outwards with more intensity than before. The tear in her waist spread down to her thighs, articles of clothing starting to hang off as her pale flesh was exposed in the gaps, glowing with otherworldly power. Her chest piece had all but ripped off, her already ample breasts having swollen to a positively enormous scale by this point. Much of their jiggling mass was visible through the slowly shredding fabric, as was the mass of her belly, which had torn a fine hole in the torso of her clothes.

 

When at last she opened her eyes again, she couldn’t help but shake with laughter at the buzzing ant-hill of commotion beneath her. She’d quite lost track of the layout of the metropolis; many landmarks typically identified by their great size were now no bigger than her finger. After a few seconds of scanning the ground beneath, she located the speck of colour that was Konrad.

 

Pressing her finger down on him like a grain of sugar, she felt her fingertip smother most of the street before retracting it. When she lifted her hand back to her face, she smirked jovially at the impossibly small form of her mercenary friend, stranded on the middle of her finger.

 

“… well, you’re more than welcome to try.”

 

Konrad’s tiny mouth was moving rapidly. Clearly he was trying to speak to her, but Firia couldn’t hear a word the little warrior was saying. Flashing an apologetic smile, an idea formed in her mind. Her tongue slid out over her black-painted lips, tracing a circle as she eyed her little friend hungrily. He stopped talking.

 

“So… I’m sure whatever you just said to me there was very noble and persuasive and entirely in the interests of the common good. But since I can’t actually hear a word of it… I’m going to assume what you said was ‘Please lick me off your fingertip and swallow me so I can live forever in the depths of your warm, welcoming tummy’.”

 

Judging by the explosion of motion from the little mercenary and the rapid back and forth motion of his palms, her guess was not even remotely close to what he’d said. Firia however just scoffed.

 

“Oh relax shorty; you’ll be fine. I don’t technically need to ever actually eat again since… y’know, ‘total control’ and all that. As a result, I really have no need for stomach acid, so you can live it up down there! Heck, I’ll make it glow so you can see, I’ll make it super comfortable… and if you’re worried about getting lonely, don’t worry,” she flashed a cheeky glance down at the rest of the sprawling metropolis, “you won’t be alone very long.”

 

Poking out her tongue and slapping her fingertip down on it, she took a long, teasing lick along its length. By the time she withdrew the digit, Konrad was nowhere to be seen. She could certainly taste him though. Retracting her tongue between her lips, Firia rolled onto her pudgy stomach, flattening a good chunk of the city in the process. She rested her elbows on the ground and her chin on her palms, sucking gently on the little mercenary.

 

Glancing back idly over her shoulder, the noted the rubble tumbling down off her partially exposed rump, as well as the thousands of flailing little people that were now scattered all over her. To her great amusement, while most of them were trying desperately to get as far away from her as possible, quite a few of them seemed content to settle down where they were, snuggling into the warmth of her expanding flesh… and a few more had been so bold as to make a direct line for the cavernous recess of her buttocks. Her whole figure shook with laughter.

 

“Go on,” she said through the side of her mouth, “make yourselves at home!”

 

At last, with an audible ‘gulp’, she swallowed the mouthful of saliva that contained her friend… the first person to enter the new world she would create for them.

 

“Okay… that was a bit tastier than I was anticipating… I wonder if…” She reached down, biting her lip apologetically as she pinched one of the vast skyscrapers dotting the landscape below. Popping it out of the ground like a dandelion, she lifted the entire thing to eye level, peering into the windows curiously. Though she couldn’t easily make out the specific details, she could tell the structure wasn’t even close to being abandoned. She shrugged. “Bottoms up!”

 

The gigantic fairy’s feet swayed idly in the air behind her as she slid the tower into her mouth like a piece of candy, savoring the unusual taste and she suckled on it. At first she considered it quite unusual that a building should have such a pleasant flavour, until she realized that it was possible her subconscious mastery over her body had altered her taste buds. If that were true, she could theoretically devour pretty much anything and it would taste absolutely scrumptious.

 

She liked that idea… very, very much.

 

Gulping down the tower hungrily along with the people within, she subconsciously created space for them in her belly before casting her gaze back to the city. Without another word, her fingers plunged into the ground, clawing out a huge chunk of buildings as though she were tearing a lump of pastry out of a pie. Shoveling the cluster of structures into her gaping mouth, she munched on them pleasantly for a few seconds before sending them plummeting into her gut with the others.

 

She lay still for a moment.

 

“… Bigger.”

 

The word spelled the end for her valiant clothes. Though they had desperately tried to cling on to her during her growth spurts, this one was entirely too much. Tearing off up and down the length of Firia’s body, the enormous strips of fabric floated away to cover great swathes of the country side, leaving the ever-swelling fairy completely exposed… not that she minded in the least.

 

Indeed, she quivered with joy as she expanded beneath the sun, bared to the world as the once mighty metropolis was reduced to a crumbled pile of dust and rubble beneath her incalculably chubby figure. Before she had been able to stretch her body across the entire length of the city… now, it barely stretched the length of her nipple. The gorgeous, pale-skinned form of the blubbery fairy lay across the countryside like a mountain range of flesh and curves, grinning down at the dozens of cities beneath her gaze.

 

“Oh this is just the absolute best! I’ve been meaning to travel around to sample the local cuisine from all of you! Well now I can do it all at once!”

 

With the inevitability of nature itself, Firia scooped each city from the ground one by one; centuries of culture and technological progress reduced to mere cookies in the palm of the fairy. Slipping each one between her lips and onto her tongue, the divine figure took great delight in committing each community to her belly. Her inexorable hunger cleaned out half of the continent in a matter of minutes… but far from satiating her; it only made her want to raise her ambitions.

 

“Okay… it would be cruel to separate you all from the rest of the world… so really, there’s only one sensible, humane thing to do.” She nodded to herself as she spoke the idea out loud. “Oh yes… great idea Firia, you really are just the knees of the bees!”

 

Clambering to her feet, the fairy watched with undisguised amusement as the impact sent ripples out into the ocean. Firia looked down at the continent beneath her. From this scale she could actually see the curvature of the Earth… but she needed to see it a little more clearly than that.

 

“Bigger!”

 

Leaping up off the ground as she said the word, Firia’s growth was utterly unfathomable to those still watching from the microscopic cities below. She had already previously filled a good chunk of the horizon… and now, she filled most of the sky as well. There was no getting around it either; her stomach really was stealing the show in terms of personal growth. That suited the fairy just fine… After all, she’d need all the space she could get for what was about to come.

 

Bigger and bigger she swelled, flesh rippling outwards like a tidal-wave of pale curves until her scale dwarfed the very planet she once called home. She watched as it receded beneath her, dwindling away as she shot outwards… and only stopped when it was roughly the size of a grape.

 

“Hello my beautiful little ball of life and love… for those of you who don’t know me, I am Firia! Do not be frightened, do not be alarmed… I bring only love and sanctuary for you. Once you belittled me for being small, made fun of me for the circumstances of my birth… but I forgive you all! I may not have had control over what I was when I was born, but now, I have become what I always wanted to be… the biggest there is!” She paused as she flashed a winning smile down at the bite-sized planet. “However… I am still not as big as I wish to be… I shall soon continue my quest, but I cannot just leave you all behind! So, to keep you all safe, I will hide you away in my belly…” She licked her lips hungrily, letting herself drift closer and closer to the delicious ball.

 

“I will alter the inside of my stomach of course… I will give you light, warmth, motion… I will give you everything you need and more. And all I ask of you in return is…” She winked. “… Hold on!”

 

Opening her mouth as wide as it would go, Firia giggled inwardly as the planet continued its unstoppable orbit… straight into her waiting maw. Closing her lips slowly as it entered her, she took a moment to appreciate just how special this moment was for her.

 

The planet was in her mouth. The entire planet was in her mouth. Everything that had ever been, or ever would be, was in her mouth. In one moment she would absorb the entire course of history into the moist, cavernous expanse of her belly.

 

She loved it.

 

*Gulp*

 

A happy sigh left Firia’s throat as she let herself drift in space for a moment, drinking in the warmth of the sun on her skin.

 

“… Bigger.”

 

The solar system shrank away as she swelled outwards, her belly overtaking most of her body. It wasn’t an unpleasant feeling at all; rather than feeling bloated and sluggish, she simply felt… soft. Warm. Comfortable.

 

Constellations she had never seen before filled her vision; shapes she had never considered and colours she’d never believed real.

 

“Bigger.”

 

The galaxy itself, containing a hundred million stars, rolled off her skin like embers as she grew outwards through it. As seemed to be the natural progression of all large bodies, the fairy had become almost perfectly spherical in the sheer bulk of her stomach. It mattered little that her arms and legs were rested in the folds of that flesh… She would never need them again after all. She smiled as she closed her eyes and cast her gaze inwards to the millions of civilizations she was absorbing through her very skin.

 

“BIGGER.”

 

Like grains of sand on an infinite beach, the galaxies of the universe drifted across Firia… and she showed no signs of slowing. Before long, the void around her was little more than a faint glow of flickering lights… energy of barely perceptible colours that glowed in the veins of the new universe.

 

Firia’s universe.

 

Everything was as it should be…

 

… and Firia was happy.

Chapter End Notes:

This story was written by request of the magnificent Berggie. Go check 'em out on D.A!