- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 1

 

Two travellers gazed up at the ominous wall before them. Easily a hundred feet high with a crease half way up, pale skin bronzing in the early morning sunlight, they admired the crest of Susan's thighs. She was sleeping on her side, her body arched as though she was spooning an invisible partner, but there wasn't a structure left on earth large enough to accommodate her titanic frame.

Looking north they could see her groin, tight stomach and two tremendous breasts that blocked any chance of seeing her head. Between them and it they could see her belly button, a gaping cavern fifty feet above them, large enough to fit a small tent. Southwards her titanic legs stretched out to the horizon, bending at the knees out of sight. She slept soundly, barely moving at all but they could see her chest gently rising and falling with each breath.

"How far forwards are we?" The first traveller called out, raising a camera to his eyes and snapping away at the giantess.

"Less than a week," the woman replied grimly, checking her notepad. She paused for a moment, waiting for the click of his camera to die down. "In this reality she nearly doubles every night."

"Her breasts look swollen," he muttered, striding back away from the cliff face of womanhood that rose up before them like a mountain. "Is this a reinitiated puberty strain?"

McCorral squinted at the dials on her watch and nodded "15% increased mass - fairly consistent with normal projections. Are you done James or can we move on? I have the tissue sample."

She held up a small sample jar containing a skin sample she'd extracted from Susan 's inner thigh. The titaness hadn't even felt the scratch they were so small. Their job was to document the phenomenom that was Susan - to search for a split in the time line where the world could be saved from its largest resident simply outgrowing it.

Here and now Susan - still deep asleep following her latest spurt, had just cleared 500 feet. Her hips were like a cliff face, a hundred feet tall. Standing she would block out the sun and, in all probability, not even notice the two of them as she squashed them underfoot. The local area was a wasteland; she had crushed an entire village as she'd grown; houses and gardens crumbling as her arms flailed out in her sleep. She'd clawed at anything she could touch and when digits a metre and a half wide wrap around stone and brick they crumble ad easily as sandcastles.

Susan wasn't vindictive or cruel - if anything she was lonely. But there was nothing the two of them could do to help her - not here and now. The best they could do was leave before she woke up and continued her slow journey to the coast.

It all came down to dates.

Susan began growing on August 3rd.

It began for a multitude of reasons. She was supposed to be the first human test subject of a matter transporter experiment exactly 5 years later but a freak sunstorm had shorted out the quantum tunnel and sent her back along her own time line. A freak anomaly in her DNA coupled with an incident between herself and a Berkswell Mass Generator when she was 18 meant that additional mass was being generated by her own potential futures, streamed back to here and now and absorbed by her body at a constant rate.

The growth started August 3rd. She would continue to grow until she died.

Now it was August 7th and Susan was the largest living creature to ever step foot on Planet Earth. Within a week she would replace Planet Earth as the fifth largest body orbiting the sun. Casualty rates would be 100%.

But it didn't have to be like that.

James reached for the temporal lock and sighed, "Shall we skip to the endgame?"

"Why bother?" Stella McCorral replied, "We've documented thirteen varients of this scenario."

"Because we should," James replied. "Shoot us forwards six days."

The world went black. The titanic form of Susan dominating the eastern skyline disappeared, leaving just darkness in her place. Slowly his eyes began to adjust and he could see pinpricks of starlight above him; sharper and more focused than ever visible on earth. The atmosphere was thin here...

"Where are we?" He asked Stella.

"Right breast," she replied softly, pointing at a vast structure in the distance that was just becoming visible in the astray light of the stars. It didn't look like a mountain because there had never been a mountain on earth as large as that. The ground just rose, up and up and up, growing to a scale beyond human comprehension. He could just see a peak, somewhere up there, a nub that represented the peak. "25,000 miles east of her nipple. Hold still and you can feel her breathing beneath us."

James quickly adjusted the settings on his camera and began to document. No one could explain how Susan survived at this stage, apparently oxygen was part of he mass being generated by the temporal feedback causing her to grow. She'd survive out here, in deep space, with her own heat and gravity causing a rich oxygenated atmosphere to slowly develop around her. She lived on, increasingly lonely as the sky darkened around her.

"Any survivors?"

It was rare but once, on a fractal varients from this one, purely by chance humanity had survived the breaking of the earth. A community had built ships and colonised her before it was too late. It was postulated this was the best chance humanity had regardless of their efforts. James disagreed. This future wasn't just bad for the casualties, it was bad for Susan.

They could slow her growth, reduce the exponential way it accelerated every day, she need not loose all contact with humanity. Even if they couldn't stop her from increasing they could give her a life back, and reduce the guilt she'd go through when the fateful day came. The universe and her could coexist - after all it was big enough for the both of them...

"She's dreaming," Stella said, pointing her scanner northwards and down, through the pale skin of Susan's breast and towards approximately her head. "Retreated into a coma like state - just like every other varients on this logarithmic."

"We had to check, " James replied sadly, hitting the recall button on his watch.

The sky went dark and then bright again. They were back home. Back in the research lab surrounded by the team, back in a world of people and technology and structures. Men and women were scurrying around them, checking meter readings and emailing results upwards to head office.

August 3rd... The day Susan began to grow.