- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This might become a series. Who knows?

"Look who it is, everyone," Annabelle said, looking down her nose at the sophomore girl standing in front of her. "It's Lia the Loser!"

 

On a regular day, Lia might have mumbled 'Creative,' and pushed her way past the group. Today, however, was not a regular day. She stood her ground, looking up the few inches to meet Annabelle's gaze.

 

"Kill yourself yet, Lia?"

 

"Why would I do that, Anna?" She raised her right hand to brush a stray lock of hair out of her face, showing off a brilliant gold ring wrapped around her index finger. "I'm kind of a goddess now." The five girls stared at Lia incredulously, and she took the opportunity to elaborate. "This ring lets me do whatever I want. Like - like whatever I want." She grinned wide.

 

"Oh my god," Annabelle said in a quiet whisper. "She's finally snapped. We... you guys, I think we drove her insane!" The group burst into laughter, several of them pointing at her as they cackled. Lia smiled right back.

 

"Are you guys feeling all right?" she asked. Annabelle's head snapped up, still wearing a broad grin.

 

"Are we feeling all right?" she repeated. "Honey, you're the one who-" Annabelle paused. She was looking up at Lia, something she'd never had to do. She quickly silenced her group, who all seemed the same size relative to her. Looking around the hallway, she realized her group was shrinking, already nearly half the height they had been. "What the fuck!?"

 

Lia stood with her hands on her hips, looking down at the five girls at her feet as they finally stopped shrinking around a few inches each. The little women formed a small huddle as they stared back up at their former victim. Around them, people walked past without even giving a glance their way.

 

"So," Lia said calmly, squatting down to get a better view. She held her right hand out, prominently displaying the gold ring on her index finger. "Would any of you like to retract any of your previous statements?" A wide grin tugged up the corners of her mouth. "And don't worry about getting help from these people, they can't see or hear us. It's just you little ones... and me."

 

"L... listen, w-we didn't mean it, w-w-we were just... just joking, you know?" Ashleigh said, her arms wrapped around her friends. The others nodded their timid assent.

 

Lia sighed. "Isn't that always the way? A thoughtless remark, a slight misunderstanding and suddenly you and your friends are small enough for me to turn into goo." The giant girl noticed another dancer, Kristen, blanch at her words. "Oh, had that not occurred to you yet?" Lia rose to her full height once more, giving them a full, clear understanding of their new stature. Her right foot, clad in a Mary Jane over smooth white tights, raised in the air and swiveled back and forth over the crowd, drawing various screams and shrieks. "Yeah, with this little footsie right here I can turn any of you - or all of you - into a thin red paste."

 

"Stop it!" The leader of the group, Annabelle, shrugged off the grasps of her peers and marched forward. "We said sorry! Please just grow us back and leave us alone!" The two women stared into each other's eyes, sizing one another up. When Annabelle began floating up, apparently freed of the bonds of gravity, she squealed and flailed her limbs wildly. Lia gently plucked her out of the air, curling her fingers around the diminutive form.

 

"Sweet little Anna," Lia said, stroking the platinum blonde's hair with her thumb. Her captive wriggled and squirmed in the closed fist, accomplishing nothing but wearing herself out. "You've always been so cunty to me, and now look at you. Small enough to fit in my..." Her gaze bored into Annabelle's skull, her wry grin chilling the tiny woman to the bone. "Well. You're very small, anyway."

 

"Y... you can't just kill us. You can't. You can't." Annabelle repeated the phrase, assuring herself as much as Lia. "You won't." She watched her captor's expression, noticing something in her eyes had changed. Lia's weight was shifting back and forth, something the shrunken senior hadn't noticed given all the vibrations of the living body around her. "Wh... what?" she asked, unsure she wanted the answer.

 

"Oh, nothing at all," Lia said sweetly. "Just adjusting my feet." She tilted her fist, causing Anna's heart to leap into her throat as she was held at an incline towards the ground, nothing keeping her from plummeting to the linoleum floor below but Lia's mercy. Staring down the long, tights-clad leg, she saw what Lia was smirking about. Ava, the redhead of the group, was squirming underneath Lia's big toe, the Mary Jane placed gently off to the side. Two other girls were crouched in front of the toe, trying to pull their friend out from underneath it, while the fifth stood an appreciable distance away, watching the scene with a hand over her mouth.

 

"...No, please..." Annabelle whimpered. Lia's low, throaty laugh shook through the tiny one's body.

 

"Do you have any idea how pathetic you sound right now? There's nothing anyone can do to stop me anymore. You dumb bitches just have the misfortune of being the first to realize it." A short burst of crunches and pops came from beneath her toe, and the two girls tending to their friend leaped back with screams of horror. A small streak of blood jetted out of Ava's mouth and Lia gently slid the tiny girl through it, smearing it into her face and chest.

 

"No! Please, please no!" Annabelle screamed, though she knew it was pointless. Lia pressed down harder and the girls at her feet all shrieked in unison, watching their friend flatten beneath Lia's big toe. Ava spent her final moments clawing uselessly at the ground, staring in wide-eyed fright at her friends as if pleading with them to save her from her gruesome fate.

 

At last, her body gave one final Pop, viscera exploding out in all directions. Lia lifted her toe and brought it down again on the little skull and forearms resting just in front of the center of the mess, the only parts of her that had avoided being crushed. She flattened those, then tilted the girl in her hand back up to face her, smiling broadly. "Squished to death in thirty seconds flat," the sadistic girl said, winking.

 

Annabelle was too stunned to reply, but her friends weren't. The three on the ground scattered, running in different directions. Lia laughed and waved her hand, and an invisible force tugged them all back together directly in front of her. "None of you get to leave, idiots," Lia said. "I'm omnipotent. Don't you get what that word means?" She paused for a brief moment, thinking to herself. "Or... or do you girls need a demonstration?"

 

"Please let us go," Kristen whimpered. "We'll do anything you want."

 

"Actually, that's precisely what I had in mind!" Lia exclaimed, beaming. "But since you volunteered that speeds this up a little! Guys, check this out, it's gonna be great: Kristen, lick that shit up."

 

"N... no, no, no god no, please god no!" Kristen's voice raised in pitch even as she crawled on her hands and knees towards the red mess of her friend. She lowered her face to the floor and dragged her tongue through the smears, her body wracked with sobs.

 

"God, how depressing. Kristen, be excited that you're doing this. Like, super jazzed. You're making me happy, after all, and that's basically all that's important anymore!" Immediately, Kristen's demeanor changed. Her tears dried up and she lapped at the floor with renewed vigor, eager to be performing a task so fulfilling. Lia giggled, giving Annabelle a light squeeze. "Isn't she so cute? I'm totally keeping her around like this."

 

"What are you?" It was all the girl in Lia's fist could think to ask. She stared up into those gigantic, soulless eyes, searching for answers, but found none more satisfying than what came from her tormentor's lips:

 

"I told you already. I'm a Goddess."

 

The two looked at one another for what felt like the first time, each seeing the other in a new light. Annabelle realized Lia was right; she was a Goddess, and a vengeful, petty, sadistic one at that. Lia, too, was realizing these girls before her, and indeed people at large, were just toys for her amusement now, and nobody was ever going to change that.

 

The thin voice of Kristen calling up from Lia's feet finally broke the spell. "Um, Lia?"

 

"Yes, pet?" Lia looked down at Kristen, whose face was covered in blood. Between her fingers she held a small object that Lia couldn't make out.

 

"I found an eye. Should I eat it?"

 

Annabelle could feel the thrill that shuddered through Lia's body. The giant girl took a long, slow breath, trying to calm herself even as her eyes widened in delight. "Yes dear, I think... I think that would be lovely."

 

"Kristen, no!" Annabelle shouted, but her words were ignored by her former friend. Kristen popped the squishy orb into her mouth, chewing it behind a wide smile. "Ch... christ, Lia..."

 

"How does your friend's eye taste?" Lia asked, ignoring the wimp in her fist.

 

Kristen shrugged, swallowing. "Salty, kinda. A bit gross." Kristen's body froze for a split-second. "B-but thank you for letting me eat it! I'm very appreciative!"

 

Lia laughed aloud, her hand tightening unconsciously around Annabelle and squeezing the air from her lungs. "Oh Kristen, don't worry a hair on your dumb little head about that. You just keep on licking her up off the floor, you're being a very good girl." Lia gave a thumbs-up sign to her devoted slave, and the tiny girl got right back to cleaning the floor with her tongue.

 

"You're not a goddess," Annabelle hissed. She didn't even believe it herself, of course, but something in her refused to let her back down. "You're just a mean, spiteful, cowardly bully. That ring only changed how you can act on your impulses, but you were always fucking scum."

 

Lia's smirk didn't falter at all. "Annabelle, I want you to play a little imagination game with me here," she said, her tone saturated with condescension. "Pretend there's this bug. This tiny little bug, like an ant, right? And it's crawling over your hand and you think it's kinda cute. But this ant can talk, and after you accidentally step on one of its friends, it gets pissed." Lia paused to giggle to herself, clearly pleased. Annabelle tried to speak up, to interrupt her monologue, but found herself unable to make any noise at all. A knowing glint in Lia's eye was all the explanation she needed.

 

"So this ant loses his mind at you, right? 'You big dumb human, you think you can step on an ant and get away with it? There are thousands of us! You can't crush an ant without consequence!' You know, really really dumb stuff." Lia's tone took a stern edge. "So what do you do? How would you feel in this hypothetical situation?"

 

Annabelle tried to speak again, but Lia was still robbing her of her voice. The giant girl pressed on after a moment's silence - clearly just for show. "Since your tiny mind is having a hard time processing, I'll tell you what you do: You squish another." She looked down at the remaining two girls, Ashleigh and Karen. "You show the ant that you can do whatever you want. That your actions have no negative consequences for you." Her sole raised over Asheligh, who was frozen in place with fear. Karen scooted away as far as Lia's magic would allow, but she couldn't get her legs out from underneath the shadow of the foot.

 

The gore-spattered sole lowered once more, and in an instant it claimed another victim. Ashleigh was compressed against the soft, pliable skin and the hard, unforgiving surface beneath her, and all at once her body splattered in every direction, soaking into the threads of Lia's tights. Karen's legs were crushed in the aftermath, as Lia's foot settled onto the ground, and the dismembered girl howled at the top of her lungs, her fingers digging into her thighs.

 

"You wish you had my power," Lia whispered to Annabelle, who felt as though she would be sick from fear. "You wish you could do this to me and a thousand other people, but you can't. You think I'm scum? Bitch, you don't get to choose whether or not you keep breathing. Only I can."

 

"Please..." Annabelle's voice was low and hoarse. "Please stop."

 

"Nope," Lia said simply. "Now, let's go somewhere a little nicer. My room, perhaps?" Kristen looked up at Lia with a concerned expression. The giant girl chuckled. "Don't worry, little one, you can still suck the blood out of my tights."

 

Kristen giggled and clapped, climbing on to Lia's foot. They all looked down at Karen, who was already turning white from blood loss. Her breaths were quick and shallow, and she likely would have passed out long ago if Lia wasn't specifically keeping her conscious. "Bleeding out? Scary stuff." Lia taunted.

 

In a blink, the four of them were out of the hallway and in a small bedroom. A thin bed took up one corner of the room, opposite a dresser in the other corner and several shelves against the far wall. Kristen immediately crawled off of Lia's foot and got to work licking and chewing on the threads of Lia's tights.

 

"As for you, Anna, I have a spectacular idea." She held her free hand out, palm up, and in it materialized a golden disc. It was thick, with intricate designs along the edge, and a little protrusion coming up from the center of one face. Lia brought Annabelle towards it and carefully slipped her right foot inside the protrusion. It seemed to tighten, trapping Anna in place, and against her will her other limbs contorted into an elegant pose, with her left leg stretched out at her side and her arms bent and curved over her head, her fingertips just hairs away from touching.

 

"What... what is this..." Annabelle asked, terrified at her inability to move. She could blink, she could look around, and she could talk - but that was it. Even her breathing was limited to as much as she could draw in without puffing out her chest. Lia held the platform at eye level to herself, smirking.

 

"I figured you wouldn't want to give up dancing just because you got so little, so here you go! Now you can be my beautiful little ballerina forever! You won't need to eat, drink, sleep, or use the bathroom ever again! All you have to do is stand there and look beautiful for me!"

 

"It... it hurts..." Annabelle's limbs were already starting to feel the strain of exhaustion. Lia just nodded, still beaming at her newest toy.

 

"Oh yeah, it'll hurt like that for a long long time, until your muscles finally acclimate."

 

"Can't you... m-make it stop..."

 

"I could, sure," Lia said, shrugging. "But. I'm not going to." She turned a small key on the bottom of the disc and Annabelle started twirling in place, a small jingle filling the air. Lia bobbed her head back and forth to the pleasing tune.

 

"No!" Annabelle screamed as loud as she could with what breath was afforded to her. "No! Please! You... you can't! You can't do this! PLEASE! LIA, PLEASE DO-" Her cries were silenced by a glass dome her captor brought down around her, trapping her in a soundproofed bubble. Through the glass, Lia could see Annabelle's lips still moving, her eyes still wide with rage and fear, but all she could hear was the cute tune the pedestal produced. She smiled and wiggled her fingers at Annabelle, then rose and strode to her dresser, setting the ornament down.

 

"Lia?" That thin voice came from behind her once more, and she turned on her heel, brushing her long hair out of her face as she regarded her tiny helper.

 

"What's up?"

 

"Should I..." She knelt by her friend, Karen, whose eyes rolled wildly in her skull. She had lost most of the blood in her body, yet Lia's magic continued to keep her aware. "Should I clean this mess up, too?"

 

Lia's grin stretched from ear to ear.