- Text Size +
Story Notes:

If someone is shrunk chances are they are going to die some how at some time! 

Author's Chapter Notes:

A very short look at how the story will pan out. If you read make sure you review and rate! :)

Chapter one. Set up/the Tram massacre

 

Gemma a plump redheaded girl of twenty four stped out of the tram on to an unusual quite station platform. As she was joseld along by the crowed spilling out of the doors she had time to wounded at why it was so quite. Most days she had to fight her way past an army of bleary eyed people pushing the orther way. Most of them where on their way to work just like she was. But today the station was empty. She did not think of it for long. As her size eight trainer clad feet slapped along on the concrete of the floor she did not even look down to see what might be under them. If she had she might have noticed a few tiny black bugs. Most likely she would have just kept walking and thought nothing more of the bugs if she had noticed them. But these where not bugs. Theses where men and women who until five minuets ago had been the same size as normal humans. What had happened five minuets ago to reduce them to the size of bugs? Not a one of them could say. One second they had been big the next small. There was no flash, no black out nothing. Just a change.

There had been over one hundred people on the platform and it would be pointless to describe how each one of them reacted to finding them self around the size of a ant. There where screams, some people fainted. Some could not work out why they had moved to a huge gray plane. Orthers could work out logical that they must have shrunk even if they could not wrap their head around it as something that could happen. Even before the tram pulled up the newly tiny people started to die of. Some had the bad luck to be standing on drains when they shrunk. Before they could even work out what was going on they had gone from standing to falling thew the air in to dark vile warter deep below them. Needless to say this few where never seen or heard from again. They died with out even knowing where they where drowning while looking up at the daylight high above them.Yet more where stood to close the the rails. As the tram pulled up the air picked them up along with all the orther tiny bits of dirt and they where either batted in to the hard side of the tram or drifted down under it. The ones who where slammed in to the side died on impact but their tiny limp body's where flung around and still ended up under the feet of the morning commuters. The ones who drifted under the tram either died as they feel to the floor or if they did stay alive where picked back up by the wind as the tram moved of and slammed in to the underside of the tram. The first of the tiny ones to die under the well worn pink sole of Gemmas size eight shoe was a girl she had talked to a few times as they both waited on the tram. Her name was Gabby and she was the same age as Gemma. Upuntill she shrunk she had been thinking about whether it would be a good move to give up smoking or if she enjoyed it to much to quit and then....well. Then she was tiny. There was nothing inbetwen. The first thing she tired to do after she got over the shock was to pull out her phone. No luck it was just black.

She knew as soon as the tram pulled up that things where about to get bad. The Tram was full of people heading to the offices and university and the door that lead to them was behind her and the orther tinys. It was barely seven in the morning and the hundreds of people heading of the tram where to busy looking at their phones or morning Coffey to take any notice anything tinny and buggy that might be trying to stay alive on the floor by their feet. As the doors slid open and the giant people began to push out Gabby sank to her knees in fear. What could she even try and do to stay alive? Eatch of the people was bigger than anything she could even copperhead. The ground began to shake as they started to walk. She thought about running but what was the point? She was not going to die like some dumb bug running around. She would most likely just run her was under someone foot anyway. She would kneel here and wait to see what fate had in store for her. As the giant feet began to pass all around she all missed past out. But non of them seamed to be coming close. For a few seconds she began to think she might be OK. She did not see Gemmas face so she had no clue who's foot it was all she knew was that the giant pink and black trainers where going wide of her.

High up above Gemma took a small side ways step to get around someone who had stopped to look at his phone. She did not feel anything odd under the sole of her shoe as her foot came down. Or the step after that or as she walked out of the door. But eatch of those steps ended a life. From the point of view of the tiny girl the giant shoe swung in the air moving over a huge amount of space quicker than a flash. For a split second Gabby could look up at the well worn pink sole. She could see ever details. The worn down treds. The specs of dirt on the sole. What looked like a spiders leg stuck to a small clump of mud. Then the shoe dropped. That was the end of the tiny one. Nothing was left. The weight of the shoe and the woman in belonged to turned her in to less than mush. Eatch bone was powder. Her body was liquid. If the giant women had turned her shoe over at this point she might have noticed if she looked closely a tiny grease stain just under the ball of her foot. But after a few steps that was gone to.

The next two people she crushed had the same fate. A man of fifty who was running away as fast as his tiny legs could move was the victim of her next step. His body was smashed under the heel of her orther foot. A tiny woman stood near the doors who was screaming up at anyone and everyone for help meet her end next. Crushed out of life by the toe of the giant shoe. Gemma was a kind woman. She hardly even crushed bugs. She had no clue that her feet had ended three life's so far that day.

 

But as for those that did not die under her shoes? Well they did not get away that easy. All most all of them where killed with in a minuet of the tram doors opening. A gaggle of teenagers who tried to get close to eatch orther for safety found them self in the path of a forty something Asian businesswoman . Even though her feet where only size three all of the eight teenagers fitted neatly under the ball of her black leather heel. As her foot lifted back up all that remained of the young people was a faint sticky spot on the sole of her shoe. This would be rubbed of on the carpet of her work latter.

A runner called Dan made it quite far dodging around between the huge office shoes and high heels. He could see the huge black woman stamping his way. Her black flats thudding in to the ground. Tensing his legs he dived to the side at the last second. He yelled out as he stood up. He had made it. The last of the passengers had walked past and he was safe! Joy overwhelmed him for a second before the wheel of the case the woman had been pulling rolled over him turning him to paste.

Over and over the same fate fell from on high for the tiny ones. Office shoes,heels,boots. Some tiny ones died on inpact some had parts of their bodys crushed but stayed alive for a few more seconds until a second foot crashed down on to their tiny bodies. Dave a man of thirty who had been standing near the bench where he had shrunk watched all this from his hiding place under the bench. He could see a young women barely more than a teenager running to the bench diving out of the way of shoes and feet. He could make out all the fear on her face as she got closer and closer skipping out of the way of the giants. Then she was hit. Not crushed just skimmed with a black office shoe. He lost sight of her. As the platform emptied he tired to think what his next move should be. Then he found her again! She was limping but alive. "Over here! Quick run to the bench while its clear!" He yelled to her. Her eyes lit up and she started to run.

 

Fiona was a forty five year old tram woker. On this morning she had to go up on to the platform and get on the next tram to come along. As she walked down the steps she noticed how quite things where. "Stranger I wounded where everyone is?" The tanned blond said to her self. "Still can't complain I am glad of a quite shift!" She ideally reached down and picked up a few wrapper of the ground near the bench and dropped them in to the bin. "Good its cool today." She muttered noticing a tiny ant running around by the toe of her dirty black work boot. With out even thinking she lifted the toe of the work boot slightly and lowered it down on the bug. It was not a stamp she just taped her toes once. With out even checking if the bug was dead she turned on her toe and began walking back and forth.

 

Dave could only watch on numbly as the tiny girl looked up and screamed as the thick dirty black rubber sole lowered down on to her slowly. The giant work boot did not even seam to crush. The girl just folded up under it. Blood burst out everywhere as the toe touched the floor. But then as it lifted and walked of. Nothing. Even at his size there was nothing left of the girls life. It had been wiped out by one idle tap of this giant woman's toes. The worst thing was the giant had been bending over. Her face had been closer to the tiny girl than any of the others. In fact her eyes had fixed right on her for a second. But still she had died under the boot sole. "How the hell do I stay alive! She looked at her for gods sake could she not see she was human!" But no he looked like a bug now. And the truth was most people when they noticed a tiny bug would think nothing of crushing it to death. If he was going to stay alive he was going to have to be smart and fast. And above all very very lucky!