- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Hi Guys! As mentioned before, I implore you all to give me feedback so I can add more chapters and adjust the story to your liking. Sorry this chapter is a little short, but it gives you some insight of Michelle's abilities as a witch. I promise the chapter after this one will be longer.

"Don't you already know what Sarah would want for her birthday?" I asked hopefully.
"No," she replied. "And that's why I need you to come and snoop around her stuff, and find out what she really wants. Sarah and I didn't have any classes this year, and I was on varsity cross country, and she was only jv, so it's natural that we grew apart." "She doesn't have any pets or siblings right?" I asked in slight trepidation. "I am in no mood to get put into anymore uncomfortable situations."
"No, her parents are home, but they shouldn't bother us in her room," she reassured me. "Relax, and learn to take risks okay? You get to play secret agent, and I have to play it normal. You're the lucky one in this situation." "I don't feel like the lucky one," I spoke glumly. 
"Isn't it like every guy's dream to spy on a girl's slumber party?" she asked.
"You know I don't think so shallow."
"Oh yeah I forgot, you're above such scandalous sexual thrills," she joked. 
"Let's just go," I said grudgingly.
"We still have like an hour before we have to leave, and it's not like I have to prepare much or anything," she informed me.
"So," she said while placing me onto her bed, "What do you wanna do to pass the time?" "Hmmm," I thought. "How about telling me how long you've been learning about magic and stuff?" "Well, I'm actually kind of a novice," she started. "I've only been doing it for about a year, and since my mother isn't a witch, I don't have as high of a capacity for mana as other witches. I've worked hard to catch up to other witches my age, and I know all the fundamentals," she explained confidently. "Wanna show me a spell you're good at?" I asked excitedly. "Sure," she responded. She stuck out her hand with her palm facing upward, and uttered a single word.
"Ira." 
A medium sized flame appeared hovering over Michelle's hand, and I was astonished.
"That's really cool....."
"I know right!" she exclaimed. This is why I'm trying to learn as much as I can and improve my mana capacity. Michelle then went on to tell me about all the cool spells she wanted to learn, and talk about how good her dad was at magic.  "I forgot to ask, are there any useful spells in the active spell book you picked up the other day?" "I haven't checked yet," she replied. "It seems mainly like magic that would be used in combat, and I don't wanna waste any of the alchemy stones to find out the exact applications of each spell." "Well, you should keep it in your purse," I suggested. "You never know when it might come in handy.' "Sure, I'll keep it on my person," she agreed. Michelle then checked her phone, and informed me that it was time to leave. "Come on, let's head out Isaac."
And with that Michelle put me in her purse, and we started to walk over to Sarah's house.

Chapter End Notes:

The next chapter cover's the sleepover at Sarah's! Remember to leave a review :)