- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Alright, here comes another chapter that gives you insight on the magic of this universe. I would also like to point out that Michelle is a begginner witch, and only a half-witch at that. She is smart, but inexperienced. Which is why she hasn't done much magic so far, and why the telepathic link is so weak. Hope you enjoy!

Michelle walked into the library, past the librarian, into the reserved section, and through a door that I had previously ignored, as it was blocked by yellow tape labeled 'Under Construction.' But before entering, she walked over to the reserved books in the corner, and grabbed the 'Active Spell Book' I used to shrink myself.

"This might come in handy later," she mentioned. On the other side of the door, nothing but a small room and a brick wall lye in wait. She ducked under the tape, and whispered the word "Lumin." Her finger brightened with a dim light, and the shadows of the room escaped. She drew a symbol on the brick wall that appeared to be a four-spoke wheel. A section of the wall started glowing brightly in the shape of a door, and she walked through. I peeked my head out of her shirt pocket. "Whoh," I exclaimed. The sight that lay before me looked like a scene out of medieval times crossed with an Indian Bazaar. "Keep your head down," Michelle reminded me. She didn't exactly want anyone here to know that she had let her friend get shrunk, even if she didn't have anything to do with it. She walked to one of the vendor's that was entitled 'Curse Removal Spell Books.' "Welcome to the wonderful world of screw-up reversals!" a large bearded man exclaimed. He was at least six foot four, had dark, tan skin, and had white hair. 
"What mistakes have you made recently young lady?" he asked as if he could sense her guilt. "Nothing big," she said confidently, might you have a spell book on Body Altering Curse Removal?" "Oh what did you do, accidentally grow your hamster into the size of a crocodile?" he laughed. Michelle shot him a look that made him aware that she wasn't in the mood for formaloties. He produced the book asked for, and she replied with thanks. "Wait, why is this book so expensive, it's only a second tier curse removal book." Michelle, understanding that I would want to know what she was talking about, telepathically explained. 
"Tier one is begginer magic and tier seven is expert, there is also a tier entitled hidden, but that explanation is for another time." The big guy responded to her, "Alright kid, I get that you probably don't have a lot of money," he leaned in closer to her, "so I'll make you a deal."
"What kind of deal," she asked, her curiosity peaked.
He responded, "My niece, Sarah, she's friends with you, correct?"
"Oh your Sarah's uncle, nice to meet you," she didn't sound sincere. "And you my dear," he spoke with his booming voice. "Now I simply need you to buy a gift you think would be perfect for Sarah's upcoming eighteenth birthday, and I'll trade you the book, deal?"
"Alright deal, but tell me something, how much mana is consumed from the Shrink Curse Reversal spell?" The large man flipped through the comparitively tiny book, and spoke, "A three inch diamter alchemy stone should do the job just fine," he said with confidence. 
"Michelle spoke to me telepathically, "That I can afford." "Alright, I'll have the present in two days, hold that book for me," she said to the salesman as she left his stand. She went to another stall, got the alchemy stone, and we went back to her house.
"Well, time to get ready to go to Sarah's house I guess."