- Text Size +

I sighed as he locked up the support desk in the library. It had been almost two years since my girlfriend, Emily, had left me. The now very tall blonde leaving me to pick up the pieces of my life, seemingly forgetting about the four years we had shared together. Once her treatments had been completed she came to see herself as above 'normal' people, which wasn't uncommon for 'ascended' as they were often called, but I had known her. I had loved her. She loved me.

 

I scoffed at that last thought, “Apparently not.” I told myself, as I began the long, cold walk back to the dorm I was staying in.

 

I wasn't enrolled in the university, I had graduated a year and a half prior, but due to my circumstances and connections I had managed to get a room for myself. It wasn't much, I could kick my small fridge shut from my bed, but anything was better than dealing with a place that reminded me of Emily. I didn't need any help with that.

 

Emily and I had gone to the university together, when we met freshman year we instantly hit it off. We quickly started dating and fell in love soon after. We rarely had arguments and were usually great with communicating out problems. Those four years had been the happiest of my life.

 

***

 

 

About halfway through our second year was when G429 was granted subsidizes to become more accessible to the general public. You don't have to understand molecular genetics, I sure as hell don't, to see how big G429 makes women. I say women because it doesn’t affect men, even after years of testing and experimenting nobody was able to get a compound to react the same way with the male body. And I say big because they weren't just getting taller, they got all around bigger, entirely proportional.

 

The fun thing about physics, this doesn't mean close to double the weight or strength because a girl is twice as tall. Somebody explained it to me once, something about the square cube law, I don't really remember. Anyway the average college girl who had undergone treatments, which was roughly all of them, would weigh in at about 1300 pounds. Your kid sister who was just below your chin? After treatments she'd be able to lift your entire body weight three times over easily.

 

G429 was originally developed several years ago by some Indian geneticists, back then only the incredibly wealthy could afford it, but the effects were obvious. Thanks to the treatments being heavily subsidized by the government it wasn't uncommon for women to reach 13 feet in height by their late teens, often times even bigger.

 

Some ditzy news reporter had said it felt like an ascension when her transformation started, the half-joke caught on quickly thanks to social media and the name kind of stuck after that. Right away some men had an immediate aversion to the idea of a woman being stronger than them. I didn't mind the idea, I had always liked when a girl took the lead in the bedroom, why would it be different outside? And in all honesty the changes to society as an effect seemed to be mostly positive. An ascended woman was safe to be out by herself almost anywhere. There wasn't much any man could do to a woman more than twice his size. If some sleazebag was harassing her a quick shove with her leg would lay him out flat. Most men who preyed on woman seemed to learn that lessen quickly.

 

Emily was enthralled with G429 and ascension. I mean, who wouldn't be? We saved up together to afford treatments for her. Just because they were subsidized doesn’t mean it was cheap. I put grad school on hold for her, we knew we both wanted this and the stereotype of tall handsome men making more money than shorter guys goes double for an ascended woman. She'd be making six figures her first job out of college, we had talked about it and by then we'd be living together so I’d benefit from it too and she'd help me pay my way through grad school. She got her last treatment the day before graduation, she'd be graduating as an ascended and she was ecstatic, and not to mention massive. I loved it. She loved it. The sex was awesome. We graduated together and celebrated together.

 

However only weeks after her ascension was completed, she started getting slightly distant. We had never been shy about PDA in the past, but this was beyond that. She stopped initiating anything intimate and turned down most offers. What was I going to do about it? She could literally pick me up and toss me out on to the couch if I complained too much. I tried talking to her about it and she just said she was stressed with finally being an adult. I was worried it was something I had done, or was doing and I tried everything I could to help her through it. This rut lasted for a while until she finally came clean.

 

“I can do better than you now.”

 

Her words still haunted me, I was over her now, but I still couldn't help but feel depressed thinking about it. I thought she loved me, but she traded up as soon as she realized she was in a new league. Ascended women quickly became desirable. Once Emily realized that, she figured she could have pretty much any guy she wanted. Apparently I wasn't that.

She quickly moved out, having no problem affording a place of her own with her new job. This left me having to break the lease on our joint apartment and live with a friend for a few months. Luckily I still had the help desk job in the school library and I was able to work out a deal where I could live on campus while I got my finances in order. Turns out that was going to take quite a while, and almost two years later I was still struggling to save money and pay my debts.

 

***

 

I sulked, wondering why this had all come back to me now. I had been doing well lately, learning to be happy on my own again had taken time and I was finally confident in myself as a person once more. Why was tonight so shitty? I counted the cracks in the pavement as I walked across the quiet campus.

 

Not really paying attention to what was in-front of me I turned the corner around one of the parking structures. I was immediately greeted with what felt like a linebacker tackle. Except this linebacker had a very loud, very feminine yelp.

 

“Ohhhhmygod I am SO sorry!” that same voice exclaimed. “Are you alright?”

 

“Yeah..” I exhaled, fuck that hurt. “I don't think anythings broken.”

 

“Here, let me help you up.”

 

And with that two incredibly strong, yet at the same time womanly hands grabbed the sides of my torso, pulling me out of the bushes lining the pathway. As she turned me around, I found myself looking up into the face of a stunning brunette (the only reason I was even close to her height being she was on one knee and hunched over). This girl was big.

 

I looked up into her large deep brown eyes, feeling myself go slightly red at being manhandled so easily by a stranger. Or maybe it was because she was pretty, I’d like to think it was the prior.

 

Then her eyes widened in shock “Holy shit, Alex?!”

 

“Wha-” I paused for a second, “Addison!?”

 

“It's so good to see you!” and even though she was wearing a hoodie I immediately found myself up to my chin in her abundant chest.

 

Okay, I know why I was red that time.

 

She released me from the hug, keeping her large hands on my shoulders. “I'm so sorry the first time I see you in years began with me laying you out like that!” she sounded genuinely concerned.

 

“It's fine really,” I said to her, then wincing as I put my weight back on my left leg.

 

She caught me before I could fall, “It's good to see you're still a terrible liar,” she said with a smile. “Here, hold on to me.”

 

She stood up, and up, and up. Holy shit this girl was big. Bigger than any ascended I had ever spoken too. I didn't even clear her waist.

 

“I know, I'm huge. Sixteen feet tall and I'm still a klutz.” She said giggling in response to my shocked expression. “I was about to leave, but I'd be happy to walk you to wherever you were going, seeing as that limp is my fault.”

 

***

 

Addison had been a great friend of mine back in high school, we fell out of touch once I graduated. I had no idea she went to my university...or that she had ascended. In high-school she was on varsity volleyball, tall and curvy to begin with. The years past that into college had done her well and she was now a stunning young woman, even ignoring the ascension.

 

There was some attraction between us in high school but it never really ignited to anything meaningful. I was two years her senior, so by the time she'd be legal I’d be in college anyway. We never talked about it, but I had a feeling she felt the same. Though now that I was 25, that would make her 23 and I hadn't realized till now just how much I had missed her.