- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Haile is in a spot of bother and has one of those moments all people do in such a dire situation...

Part Two
Still Human

What Matters Most
Chapter 9

Haile breathed hard as she moved erratically towards the rendezvous point. Her footsteps were irregular and she had trouble seeing clearly. She was light headed and dizzy and had a ringing in her ears that made her wonder if she would have permanent hearing loss. She held her shoulder with her left hand as her right arm hung useless beside her. There was blood seeping out of the gaping wound in her shoulder that was soaking her clothes. She winced in pain with every step, drag, step, drag.

This wasn’t the first time she had been hurt while out on a romp through a tiny world, and it certainly wouldn’t be her last, if she could make it home before she bled out. Haile took a lot of precautions when visiting a new world, from testing the atmosphere with complicated sensor apparatus to performing surveillance on the technological level of the world and monitoring their global communications, if they had them. She would perform a full threat assessment and calculate the average time it would take for the world to respond to her presence, or repeated visits.

Sometimes she miscalculated, and things went pretty poorly. Depending on the information spillage she could continue operating in a world long after they knew about her, but raw footage and survivor stories generally spell the end to her adventures. Usually she kept a tight grip on data, but sometimes it spilled out and floods the internet, again, if there was one. Since her favourite targets were modern worlds there was always that risk.

When it was time to do away with the world she would zip up the signature, encrypt it, and put it into deep storage. She would probably never use it again, but it would be senseless to throw away the signature given its uniqueness and the cost it took to get it. Generally these would be hostile worlds, worlds with poisonous atmospheres, no human inhabitants, futuristic civilizations, dangerous species, magic worlds, or places where they’ve learned to fight back in ways she feared. Haile was deeply afraid of magic, as there was no fighting it. Likewise, she was afraid of getting hurt, because, well, obviously… Pain sucked.

This was one of those times she had miscalculated. Haile took her hand off her wound and blood poured out of it at a rather alarming rate. She reached into her pocket and felt around with wet fingers for the cylindrical medical device she carried with her everywhere she went.

A thought flashed its message across her face as she closed her fingers around the device. This was the first time in a long time she was covered in blood that wasn’t someone else’s, that was in fact hers. It was a disquieting thought, and she shivered and wiped the grin off her face. She had to get home, she had to call for help, and she had to… She stopped thinking about the huge list of things she had to do as a dozen needles fired at several hundred miles per hour into the meaty part of her left thigh straight through her thick denim jeans.

Her shirt had been burned away in several patches across her stomach and over her left breast and her right shoulder was completely wrecked. She wouldn’t be patching this shirt up, she’d be throwing it away. Blood covered her shirt and dripped down her arm and flowed off her fingertips, leaving great pools of thick dark crimson blood behind her as she walked; sometimes filling up the cracks her feet left in the interstate.

Her jeans were mostly intact, being made of really thick and protective denim. Even still, there were additional rips and tears here and there along her thighs and down her back left calf where another wound leaked her life essence into the air and down her leg into her shoe. The gash, although not quite as severe as the one in her shoulder, was still very unpleasant and caused her to somewhat drag her foot as she lacked enough strength to get it very high; it left a trench several miles long behind her.

The drug she administered helped to slow her heart rate and soothe her pain. It wasn’t very sophisticated, but it should be enough to keep her alive long enough to get the medical treatment she needed, although this time was probably the worst, if not tied for the worst.

Haile replaced the device in her pouch and reached for her phone. She had trouble unlocking it due to all of the blood, but eventually got it to respond. She activated an app that would put her house on lockdown and alert the resident medical staff she kept there. She then called her friend Sarah, who was studying to be a doctor. It took a very long time to connect due to the latency involved in transmitting interdimensionally, but eventually it established a connection and secured it using a complex array of software, hardware, and quantum encryption techniques.

She let the phone ring as she shoved it into the front of her jeans and clasped her hand on her shoulder again to staunch the flow of blood a little. She had never waited so long for a phone call in her life. Perhaps it was the warping of her perception as blood drained from her body, but it seemed to last an eternity. Finally it pinged loudly meaning it had found the host and was waiting to receive a reply.

Haile waited as her phone beeped, showing its signal connection. She couldn’t remember what time it was back home, and wondered if Sarah would be at school or if she would be asleep. However, before she finished this thought Sarah answered with a burst of static.

“Haile?” Sarah’s voice was mildly distorted and slowed down, but it was unmistakably her’s. Haile could pull her phone out and verify her identity by looking at her authentication token, but didn’t bother; she trusted enough in this moment.

“Hey,” Haile said in a rather strained voice.
Sarah could sense it. “What’s wrong?” concern radiating off every syllable.

“I’ve, uh, had a bit of trouble with one of my projects. Could you…” Haile stifled a cry of pain as she inadvertently stepped into a valley causing a jolt of white hot pain to radiate down her arm and up into her neck. “Come over? Please?”

“Of course.” Sarah answered after a moment, “What happened?”
Haile gritted her teeth, she was almost to the rendezvous point. “Bring. G3. RK.”

“Understood.” Sarah asked no more questions and disconnected. She had a lot to prepare and a long distance to travel and, with those four characters Haile answered with told Sarah exactly what she needed to know, and that Haile feared for her life.

Haile’s footsteps from earlier disappeared. To think not only three hours ago Haile had entered this world, listening to music, chewing some gum, without an ill thought in the world. And now she stood back where she originated from, dying on the spot. She pulled her hand off her shoulder with a wet schlupping sound and pulled her phone out of her pants.
The screen was showing a successful disconnection and revocation of security, deletion of token, etc. What her eyes focused on, however, was a count-down at the top in the notification bar. It ticked down towards zero, but not fast enough. It still showed one minute as Haile’s vision, having already tunneled, finally slipped to complete blackness and she lost consciousness.



Haile had come into her fortune very early on in her life when she discovered her own fascination with the idea of devouring another living being whole. It excited her to no end and she longed to live out her fantasy. Along with that was her fascination with being of such vast size difference with something else to be able to dwarf it and to overpower it in any way she chose.

This fantasy of hers was very difficult to act out because people like her who were considered Generation Three didn’t need to eat to stay alive. Technically Generation Two only needed to eat food once a week and could sometimes get advanced augmentations put into their body that reduced that need to once a month; although few did this because there was a rather high rejection rate which usually had their body eating itself. It was quite gruesome really, the news was full of it when the first clinical trials just barely squeaked by.

Haile tried her hand at writing, but never got more than a few reads because she wasn’t very good. She just didn’t have the imagination, nor did she have the technical writing skill. Then she got a holo-emitter for her tenth birthday from her doting grandparents (who were only Generation Two). It was programed to play all kinds of movies and sparkly or girly effects that would help her play house or something foolishly silly like that. She had better ideas.

It turned out to be quite difficult to program, but it was what started her on the path. She spent every day after school in her room reading books, trying to learn how the damn thing worked. It took several months but after many failed attempts and a trip to the eye surgeon to repair a laser injury, she had gotten it to produce little people. She was ecstatic.

She was twelve years old when she released her first pictures onto the internet, gauging the reaction of the public. It was a huge success, and within a week she had dozens of requests for more. So she obliged. She’d build complex holographic scenes spend hundreds of hours making sure each one was just right, then she would position herself in them and let the camera snap images of her from all kinds of angles. It was incredibly popular.

Thus her natural performers attitude and talent began to shine through. Donations started flooding in even though she hadn’t asked for them. She didn’t know what to do with money as she had never needed it before. Her parents provided for her very well and while she didn’t get an allowance, she usually got exactly what she asked for. Sometimes even before she asked for it.
For her fourteenth birthday she had asked her parents for braces, them being far too expensive for her to buy on her own and she felt her teeth weren’t perfect enough; there was room for improvement and she couldn’t just go out and get them herself. Plus they would be hard to explain away, as in, where did she get the money and so on. She didn’t need them, like all Generation Three she had nearly perfect teeth; but nearly perfect wasn’t perfect enough for her, for Haile was perhaps the most vain person in the world. Although it made sense, if her money making capability was going to be tied to her body and her physical perfection, she would need to strive to be the apex of sexuality; not to mention she received no less than a thousand comments asking if she’d be willing to wear cosmetic braces. So why not get actual braces that improved her appearance while simultaneously making her even sexier?

Not only that but she was already a foot taller than her parents and was far more developed than they had been when they were her age. Generation Three aged at a much different speed than standard humans. The first few years were relatively slow in growth, then came ten years of accelerated growth thanks to the scientific benefits of genetic manipulation. They usually would plateau around sixteen and cease visibly aging for at least thirty years. At least, this was the average. Generation Three was still relatively new, the first babies being born only thirty years before Haile had been born. Like all Generation Three before her, she matured fast and into a pillar of beauty, even if she was a little short for a Generation Three.

When she got her braces her popularity absolutely exploded and she received even more money in donations. She had taken on several commissions and special projects as well and they paid extremely well. Haile would learn this later, but Generation Three was extremely popular on the internet for their impressive stature and their stunning beauty.

Haile heard about Appentine Harmonics, commonly referred to as A-Harm, when she was sixteen and immediately realized what they could do for her. Their revolutionary portal technology could “transport you to new and exciting worlds teeming with life and stunning sights for you to explore and to cherish.” A-Harm was heralded as the first massively popular leisure providing company of the last decade, bringing about a technological revolution to the science industry while benefiting the lives of millions of people in times to hard. When the world was focused on such terrible things, A-Harm was doing good by letting people escape from the problems real life presented them with.

Since Haile had nothing to really spend her money on, she had saved quite a lot, and was the first customer to custom order a signature from A-Harm. It was expensive, and took all of her money she had saved over five years, but it was well worth it. Six months after the order was made she received her signature.

It came on a flimsy plastic data chip. It was just a long string of characters with a security seal on it. She had no equipment to use so she rented one of A-Harms labs for an afternoon and was completely blown away. It was everything she could ever hope for.

On Haile’s fifteenth birthday she stepped into her first Scale World. It was an experience like none other. Trees crunched under her feet when she ‘landed’, which was the best explanation she could give for what transpired between her entering the portal and her exiting. Her body tingled and her head spun as the experience of traveling through the dimensions warped by the aperture was something she could never quite put her finger on no matter how many times she experienced it, or tried to tell someone else. There just weren’t any words for it in her language; or any language she would someday find out.
Haile crouched down and wrapped her hand around a tree and pulled it out of the ground with an earthy sound. Wood snapped as the bark exploded off bent branches and the twisted trunk when she pulled it out of the ground without any real effort at all. She looked into it and was amazed, it looked just like the trees she had back home. She dropped it and dug her fingers into the dirt and pulled up a clump of the earth. It was phenomenal.

It was an hour later when she discovered a camp made by tiny people. She had seen the pillar of smoke rising up from miles away and approached to investigate. She held three tiny humans in her hands and, for closer inspection could find no difference between them and her. Except for they wore ancient clothes she had seen in ancient history text books. She had pulled expensive looking armor off one which she had stored safely in her satchel.

She shook with excitement and energy. She had no idea what to do with them now that she had them… No, correction, she knew exactly what she had to do with them. She gingerly inserted one of the campers into her mouth. They tasted very strange, light salty dirt and were very, very dry. The other two in her hands were going completely insane, gibbering in some mad and crazy language she didn’t understand. She had tied to communicate with them earlier but when they fired arrows at her she gave up and captured them.

A shiver of energy ran down her spine as she moved her jaw like how she had seen other people. The movement was not very natural to her, and was difficult to reproduce accurately, but she had practiced in the mirror and after several years could pretend she was chewing quite well.

It was at this point one of the campers had pulled a long dagger out of somewhere she hadn’t seen and stabbed her thumb. She shrieked which caused her to drop the offender to the ground. Her other hand clenched and blood oozed out from between her fingers; a uniquely strange sensation. Completely unlike what she had experimented with using fruit from one of the local markets.

The tiny human in her mouth fell out as well. Their body was broken and they landed on the hard earth with a wet splat and lay there motionless. Haile coughed and looked at her thumb, the blade was still sticking into her skin right in a crease. She carefully extracted it and a trickle of blood oozed out. She had never seen her own blood before and it was fascinating.

Then the memory of pain hit her and she looked to the ground in anger. She spied the, what she could only assume was a knight, running off into the thick forest. She gave chase, smashing her way through the trees that came up to her knees. She had lost him several times but eventually caught him and pinned him under her foot. She had been mad, but she had quite enjoyed that little chase. Still, revenge had to be dealt.

This time she threw him straight into her mouth and positioned him onto her molars. He tried to fight back but she instantly brought her jaws together and he exploded. There was a sickening crunch inside her head as his body gave way and his bones broke between her impressive teeth. An unimaginable taste flooded across her tongue as she tasted, for the first time, human. She heaved and nearly threw up.

It was very unpleasant. If that is how humans tasted, she would probably not be eating any more. She chewed a couple more times rather mechanically, but ended up spitting the corpse across several hundred square yards of forest canopy. She then clawed at her tongue with her fingers trying to get all of the taste out of her mouth.

All in all, it was a novel, but unimpressive experience. Still she brought home several trinkets and told herself she would visit there again. The next time she brought a camera, found a village, and ransacked it. Finally she had footage of real people and real destruction. She posted this one online too and she got swamped. It was time to industrialize, it was time to build a website.


Haile felt a warm liquid seep over her body. It flowed over her and consumed her. Off in the distance there was a wailing and the sound of dozens of tiny voices. None of which made any sense. It was almost as if they were speaking in different languages. Haile’s head pounded and her arm and leg had gone completely numb.

She tried to open her eyes but her vision was so blurry she could hardly make out anything. She stared for some time at the door to her front room where, for some reason, she felt she needed to be paying attention to. The room was dark and there was a small green dot off in the distance that was growing bigger and growing brighter.

As if the world was playing in slow motion the door swung open and a figure stepped through. The next moment they were standing over her looking down at her, that damn light shining right into her eyes. She tried to close her eyes to shield her sensitive pupils but found her head being pulled to the side where the figure now sat.

Haile’s world blurred massively as her shirt was sliced off. She didn’t even feel any colder without her shirt. She was already cold. Very cold. She heard someone shout something and could only make out her own name and several syllables ending with: “Me!” They blurred together auditorily and Haile’s vision spun out of control again.



Haile’s website was a huge success. She started selling packages of her pictures for not very much money and even offered a subscription service that afforded her patrons unique images several months before they hit the general public. She even got into video editing and started putting out short films of her acting like a giant monster. Squishing people, crushing buildings, and even eating people. Although she always cut right before she had to spit. It was still really unpleasant eating people.

It was right after her one millionth sale when A-Harm contacted her and told her they had another signature she might be interested in. This one showed signs of a mildly technologically advanced civilization living in it. Haile was thrilled, more people to meet! If they were modern enough she might even be able to step on cars and dig through buildings! The news of this excited her fans to no end.

Haile had become one of A-Harms primary renters and owned her own suite in their research center. It was really just a place to store some of her belongings, but it was the first place she had on her own. On her desk were several cars and furniture items she had procured from the tiny Scale World. It contained people even smaller than those of her medieval Scale World. She had even kidnapped a dozen people and had them in a container on her desk.

She was live streaming herself as she was “unboxing” her most recent catch. She was investigating the cars with complicated tools that allowed her to take them apart. She was asked by a lot of her fans to do these things, they wanted to see vintage technology in miniature; apparently she had some sophisticated viewers. But then came her most anticipated part, where she opened the container that held tiny people.

She pulled a small teenage girl out who had to be about the same age as Haile. She showed her to the camera and even demonstrated the strange alien language she spoke as she screamed and begged; her words not comprehending to Haile who just completely ignored them as one would the sounds of an insect or an animal. Haile even pulled off the girls shoes and inspected her feet critically, noting the cute socks she wore.

She asked her chat what she should do with the poor little thing and the voice of the crowd was unanimous. “Eat her!” Hundreds of lines of “Eat her!” Spelled and misspelled in all sorts of funky ways flooded past her screen. She giggled and playfully batted the camera. She even showed the tiny girl what the chat was saying, but she didn’t understand the alien script whizzing past her face. Haile grimaced on the inside though, she was going to eat someone for the first time live on the internet and there was no hiding the reaction she always had. But, she had to perform.

Haile slowly brought the girl into her mouth with just the right angle for the camera to see and the girl disappeared inside. There was a moment of near silence in the chat box before Haile opened her mouth again and showed the audience her captive. Thousands of “Eat!” flowed past the screen, interspersed were “Swallow her whole!” and “Chew her to pieces!” And various other expletives and colorful words or descriptions. A few of them even made her blush. She had such adoring fans.

Haile was pleasantly surprised. The girl in her mouth tasted very good. Sweet and tangy, much unlike the medieval people she had pretended to eat. There was no dirt, and unlike those who wore so much clothing, this girl, who wore so little, wasn’t dry in the least bit and in fact caused her to begin salivating.

After dragging it out for several minutes by throwing the girl around in her mouth and pretending to bite her, only to reveal her perfectly unharmed a moment later, Haile decided it was time to push it a little further. The girl in her mouth was exhausted and had stopped screaming and had become rather boring to play with. Haile fit the girl into her cheek and bit down.

And explosion of flavor equally unlike anything she had ever tasted before flooded her mouth and her eyes fluttered for a moment. Sure, she had power before when she would end people’s lives at her feet or in her hands, or even between her jaws… But this was new. Not only was the power there, but the taste. The fear. The admiration. It was exhilarating.

Blood filled her mouth and stringy gore stretched from tooth to tooth. Her tongue dipped into the mess and distributed it around her mouth as she chewed, mouth open, for the world to see. When she finally swallowed she looked at her chat. There was no question as to whether or not she would succeed as a self styled entertainer.

She hungrily pulled over the box of people who were now beside themselves with fear and panic. They had seen her gruesomely devour another human being and she was looking at them with predatory intent. Blood dripped out of the corner of her mouth and stained her lips. Her teeth were bared in a wide smile and there was blood on those as well. Haile seductively licked her lips before them, as if to ensure their knowledge of their fate.

Haile selected a man this time and sucked him into the back of her throat. She showed him to the camera and they watched as he struggled to climb his way out of her mouth. Her tongue fought him every bit of the way as it would buck him back deeper and deeper until finally he touched the back of her throat. Her reflex kicked in and she gulped, mouth open, right before the camera.

It came as a shock and Haile nearly coughed. She had never done that before, swallowing something with her mouth open. She didn’t know she could do it, and she sheepishly grinned at her audience. She traced where he had gone, or at least, where she said she could feel him, down the length of her neck and into her stomach. She showed off her body which was dressed in a pair of tight fitting jeans and a green long sleeve shirt that clung to her chest very fittingly. It showed off, or at least accentuated her rather small breasts.

After Haile sat down again she picked two people up out of the container and ate them at the same time. One of them was pulped immediately while the other was whirled around inside her jaws as she mashed them together again and again and again. Haile’s mind was on fire from sensation. The feeling of what she was doing to the poor human being in her mouth was incredible. She was mixing them with the masticated remains of someone else, just like them, just like her. Haile’s breathing became difficult, she was having far too much fun and the audience could tell.

Haile’s movements became more erratic as she began tearing people apart inside the box. Chewing wildly as she threw the next person into her jaws, and then the next. The typhoon of gore between her lips which was obscured briefly every second by her metal braced teeth was growing by the second and the poor person inside her mouth was kept safe from harm; unless they may drown.
Completely forgetting the crowd for a moment Haile hoisted the last girl up above her lips. She tilted her head back and continued to chew, a pool of gore beneath the screaming frantic thing. Then her lips sealed and there was a thunderous explosion of sound that emanated from Haile’s throat as she gulped hard. She had never swallowed so much organic material before in her life and the feeling it gave her as it passed through her esophagus and disappeared into her stomach was indescribable.

Haile let the girl hang there for a minute, letting her gaze into the face of a girl much younger than her who was going to end her life. Haile smirked then opened her mouth again, devoid of life but full of meat and blood. The girl, who had oddly grown silent, now screamed anew, a scream unheard of by anyone ever before. This scream was demonic in nature and reached pitches Haile didn’t know were possible. It caused her to laugh.

She laughed beneath the terrified girl and continued to laugh as she let go. The girl passed through Haile’s maw without even touching the sides and fell straight into her throat. Haile swallowed without any effort at all.

Then she realized there were no more, and she was sweating and panting. Haile was unbelievably ill later that evening and spent several hours throwing up terrible, terrible substances. She would need to train her body before she did something like that again. She let her carnal hunger carry her away and she paid the price. Her digestive tract was underutilized and had no idea what to do with what she had given it. Later she would discover she needed to deal with inorganic matter too, like clothing if she were to eat people without stripping them.

Haile disliked the idea of complete nakedness, and had refused to strip anyone even though she had been asked many times. To deal with this she had custom ordered nanites that would dissolve anything her stomach acid could not. It came in a tube of grey liquid that moved very slowly and was about the size of her pinky. It tasted terrible and she nearly threw up again. The weirdest part was, even though it was thick and gooey, there was not even a speck of it left in the tube nor none of it stuck in her mouth. It had traveled down her throat and into her stomach as a single unit. It unnerved her a little. But this was just another stepping stone in her road to becoming the perfect monster. The perfect killing machine.



Haile wasn’t entirely sure about the passage of time. Every time she opened her eyes she couldn’t really see much. There was a lot of light, and the feeling of strong yet gentle hands touching her in a lot of places. Then there were tiny hands everywhere, feet, bodies, she could feel all sorts of people crawling over her.

She moved to swat some of them away but was restrained. Sounds tried to filter in through her cotton filled ears but were muddled and incomprehensible. She couldn’t understand why she wasn’t allowed to push people away from her. They were crawling on her, invading her personal space, and she had to get rid of them. They knew better. They knew the rules.

Something stung Haile in the neck and a searing pain flowed through her veins, followed by an icy sensation that somehow burned with white hot heat. It burned its way across her body freezing her nerves and leaving behind nothingness. Dark, senseless, nothingness. Haile panicked, she had to be dying. This had to be what death felt like when your vision tunneled in and pain was replaced by nothing at all.

The damn light appeared again right in front of her eyes but she couldn’t move to protect herself. She didn’t feel the pain in the back of her eyes as they too were burned and frozen stiff. The world caved in around the light until even that too was swallowed by the darkness.



Haile had a lot of medical research strewn across her apartment. She had very few tables and chairs, but she had the room and the room had lots of ground. This ground was full of documents and diagrams. All kinds of products laid in boxes all over the place. Haile had been experimenting and was trying to figure out her own body.

There was plenty of documentation about a Generation Three body, but it all told her things she didn’t want to hear. She had to be able to make adjustments. She had to be able to change things. She didn’t mean cosmetically or surgically, of course. She loved the way she looked and so did her adoring fan base. She was as perfect and natural as you could be, if being nine feet tall was considered natural; which to the people in her world was. She wasn’t done growing yet, and had probably another year of solid growth left before she plateaued. Still, she looked forward to not having to buy so many new clothes.

Haile learned about the implants that were part of what kept her body going, and how she could modify them to allow her to eat. She had tracked her sickness down to them. She needed to tweak her nutrition regulation, and her body’s biological defenses. Eating people had its drawbacks, and those drawbacks were many. She had to search the deepest, darkest parts of the web to find the information she needed about how nutritious the human body was.

She then compared these to her implant schedules and made adjustments. Surprisingly the first major appliances she bought were implant tweakers and databases. She even had a hodgepodge server installed in her spare bedroom that one of her friends built for her and maintained remotely while letting her have full control over and privacy of.

There were some odd experiences. It took several attempts and applications of serum before she got it just right. She had several boxes full of people and she would eat and throw up constantly. She didn’t record these very often and of course definitely didn’t live stream it anymore as it was so unpredictable during her testing.

This was where she learned something else. She had to actually take care of these people. They were dying in her boxes and dead people weren’t nearly as much fun to play with. They didn’t squirm, they didn’t scream, they didn’t fight back or try to escape. They even started smelling and tasted terrible. For the first time in her life she had to go to the supermarket.

She attracted some very odd looks. Being nearly nine feet tall meant she didn’t look quite right in a supermarket, which were always built for Generation One or Zero. Generation Three didn’t have their own supermarkets, and never needed to go into one. She had to duck to get through the sliding double doors and had to watch her head less she smack into the low hanging lights in the center of some isle.

Haile had to walk carefully too, as people half her height moved around her. They were hard to see sometimes. By the time she was reaching down with her money to pay the cashier her neck and her back hurt quite a lot from all the bending and stooping. She was glad she hadn’t worn a skirt that day, as many of the people she encountered would probably be able to stand directly under it. That would have been quite embarrassing.

Haile didn’t quite know how to handle it either when the cashier hit on her. She was a cute girl who had the name Sarah written across her nametag. She had long brown hair and sparkling brown eyes. She was about half as tall as Haile and yet caused her to blush something profusely. She didn’t really know what to do so she thanked Sarah and left. She didn’t want to cause a scene anyway, she could be seen over most isles.

This is where Haile learned another thing about taking care of tiny people. They get gross very quickly of their own accord. Haile’s body was designed to be very neat and quite clean, and needed very little maintenance. Yet these people seemed to turn into horrible stinking monsters after a couple of days of captivity. It was disgusting, she couldn’t eat that. So Haile had to find ways to clean them.

She tried running them under water, and after the first few people drown to death or had been scalded alive she learned to use lukewarm water and very short stints under the fall. Then she learned it was just easier to let them clean themselves. And she discovered soap too. Of course she had her own, but there were so many varieties of it in these Scale Worlds she visited. It was amazing.

Soon Haile found herself spending more time caring for her people than killing them. It actually got on her nerves. She didn’t want to be spending all this time, money, and energy caring for her food like this. So she looked up how the farmers and ranchers did things in her world. To her dismay, she found it was really quite common, and necessary to take such care for your livestock.

So Haile grumbled every day but fed and watered, clothed and cleaned everyone. Eventually people stopped resisting so much and actually started helping her. That is, until she ate someone. She would be working with a box, doing the chores she had to do and helping people out, and the next moment someone found themselves going on a one way trip through Haile’s digestive tract; sometimes through the mincer. This kept people afraid of her, and she like that. She wanted them to fear her, and it worked very well.

Her subscribers didn’t suffer much either, as she included them on many of her days. She would post vlogs about her chores or about what she was doing. Of course she would spend the intimate evenings with her fans eating a handful of people in exciting ways requested by her fans. It was a time of learning and Haile learned a lot about people, not just herself but about regular humans too.

It was around the time where she had built her first residence in her spare bedroom when she decided it was finally time she learned to communicate with these backward people. It would have been impossible if she had to learn their language, as she was sure she had people from at least six different continents in her home and she could tell they were all different even though it was all absolute gibberish.

Again more research online led her to a company that produced a specific type of neural uplink program that would help the user understand any language they came across after some time. It had some amazing reviews and so much data compiled behind it, Haile just had to try it. She read further that it was a Spinal Worm, and that sure sounded terrible, but Haile had actually had something like that before so she wasn’t too worried. Generally unpleasant but she could deal with it.

A Spinal Worm was a long cylindrical device that looked kind of like translucent angel hair pasta, only much thinner. It was transcranial fiber optic cables that allowed for ridiculously fast communications across the brain too and from a small processing node that was at the center of the noodly web. It looked scary as hell if you didn’t know what it was, especially when it wriggled around when you activated it.

Without hesitating Haile ordered it and when it arrived it slotted neatly into her spinal column and snaked its way up into her brain. It gave her a tingly sensation, at least while it worked its way up her neck, but once it was in place you couldn’t even tell anything had happened.

Haile’s brain was a bit fuzzy, a known side effect that would take several days to get over. Sort of like a hangnail in your head that felt like it was made of cotton and smelled like how the color blue tasted. She tested it out on their website and to her dismay, it didn’t quite work like that., She’d have to actually study this damn thing too. Her brain itched and there was no real way to get at it, but she hoped it would go away.

After sleeping on it she went to talk to her people and they just looked at her blankly like they always did; kind of like how a shopkeeper in a foreign land would look at you if you didn’t speak their language and you had just asked for credit. She had to get them talking and listen to them talking for quite some time before the Spinal Worm would work. It wasn’t an instant translator and had to learn as she learned; but it sure sped up the process. What would have taken several years only took her a couple of days. But eventually it started to work.

When the tiny people in her house spoke to one another she could understand them, sort of. It was like listening to someone while under water, you could kind of make out what they were saying but it was sort of fuzzy and warm. She would sit with them and talk to them, only occasionally eating someone to try to keep the conversation going rather than mindless screaming. The people she had ‘cultivated’ were a bit more hardened to her cruelty. It was great, they only really freaked out if she grabbed them, or grabbed someone important to them. Other than that they just sort of watched, trying not to draw attention to themselves.

It wasn’t until about the fifth day while she was listening to her people working on the house that she started to pick up and actually understand the entire conversation. Someone was talking about being reduced to nothing but a human slave cow. Another pair were talking about trying to escape. And a third were talking about how pretty she was. She made an attempt to stealthily figure out who that was so she could avoid eating them for a while. That was an attitude she wanted to retain in her population. She loved being watched, and while her fans and subscribers and other internet denizens were great and all, actually being observed by tiny people in your own home while you’re doing whatever was kind of thrilling in its own right. Kind of like a reverse voyeurism thing.

Learning to speak their language was a little more difficult, she read in the manual. Once she had fully understood their language she should try talking with them. The worm worked with her subconscious and controlled her mouth and vocal chords for her. When she wanted to say something, she spoke it. If she knew who she was talking to, and what language they spoke, her mouth would say the right words and her ears would hear it in her own language as the worm worked to translate going out and coming in; as to not cause massive confusion in her own brain.

Apparently that had been an issue with earlier models. There was a desync at times and what was spoken was heard in another language and not understood which caused the brain to overwork and the worm to fry itself. It got real nasty before that model was recalled and replaced by a new one. Technology sure was dangerous.

She spent a lot of time trying to talk with them; but they mostly ignored her as they couldn’t understand her alien tongue. But occasionally she’d get a look of recognition as she said something they sort of understood. They figured out she was trying to learn their language and a few of them even helped her. They sat in front of her for hours talking with her, going back and forth saying different words where they’d say something, she’d repeat it, and they’ed either shake their heads and repeat it or nod, clap, and move onto something slightly more complex.

As time went on she began to master all of their languages. While they not be able to understand each other because they all spoke different languages, she could understand all of them, so long as there were at least two or three people who could speak the same language.

This device would soon turn out to be one of the greatest purchases Haile ever made in her life, as it opened up so many opportunities, from speaking with foreign customers and agencies, to talking with the tiny people in all of the Scale Worlds she visited. It even made an impact when she had to learn to speak truly alien languages, such as non human species she found on Scale Worlds.

It was around this time of her mastery of their languages that she finally decided there were some tiny people too valuable to eat or kill, and specifically left them alone so long as they remained to be useful towards her. This was where she came up with her first requirement. Be useful. It spared their life for as long as their usefulness didn’t wear out, and for the smarter tiny people, they worked very hard to please Haile, who was fickle and inconsistent at the best of times.

Along with having to take care of more and more people required her to go shopping for actual food more and more frequently. She became a regular at the local supermarket and after she stopped feeling so awkward there her trips actually became rather enjoyable. Every time she went she got to see Sarah who always reserved a compliment for the unbelievably tall girl on the other side of the grocery belt.

She always caused Haile to blush who generally had nothing to say in reply. She had been in some romantic relationships in the past but they were very brief and rather lacking in features. After all she grew bored of people so very quickly. Boys for example held zero interest in her after the first couple. They were just uninteresting, always wanting the exact same thing, and always saying or making the same mistakes. It got so bad to where she would just start telling people she wasn’t interested in them right when they met. She was, after all, at a significant height advantage to most of the people in her school, which caused eyes to travel over her body all the time. This led to a lot of desire in other people and, while she didn’t frown at it, she just wasn’t interested in boys anymore.

Especially Generation Three, they were just too tall and too much. Her very last boyfriend was a Generation Zero, or unaltered in any way. He was about half her height and she got some enjoyment out of that for a while; but it quickly became clear that he was only dating her as a sort of bet to get something, so she dumped him rather publically and actually garnered more attention and respect for doing it.

Haile let her hobby become her job and it quickly overtook her studies. She didn’t fail anything, but she just wasn’t interested in class because she knew exactly what she was going to do for the rest of her life and knew how she was going to make her money. She was an entertainer after all, and crushing tiny people was so intense and exciting.

But she hadn’t ever had a girlfriend before, and the remarks Sarah made to her touched her in new and exciting ways on the inside. She found herself arriving later in the evenings, taking longer to shop, and intentionally delaying Sarah so they could chat. Eventually it became prudent to exchange numbers and they arranged to meet later at a coffee shop. For once, Haile was excited about something that didn't involve her hobby in any practical way.



The brief moments of consciousness were agony for Haile. Whatever drug had seeped through her body had done whatever it was meant to do, because it had worn off and the pain had returned. Through bleary eyes she could see even more light and she felt she was no longer lying in a pool of her own cooling blood. She was on some raised platform of some kind, a table perhaps.

The table was cool on her bare back, and the sheet over her front barely kept the chill off. Which is when she realized she was almost completely naked. She tried to lift her head to look at herself but a firm hand pushed it back down again and slipped a needle into her neck again. A cool liquid coursed into her and spread out from the injection site and felt very strange indeed.

Haile tried to say something but her mouth was mostly numb. She was extremely dehydrated, but she felt two weird sensations on her arms. One was a cold sensation that was present in her right arm, as though some liquid was being forced into her body. Her left arm had a rather hollow feeling in it, as though blood was being sucked out of it by a machine.

She tried to focus on the structure to her left, which was indeed a large box with several green things flashing across the screen. There were bags on poles and wires and tubes connecting her in several places to the apparatus. There were also little figures on it she could barely see. They must have been her medical staff.



Haile learned that Sarah was going through medical school and was studying to be a doctor. It was an impressive prospect as that field had never interest Haile any because it required far too much thinking and studying. She was even more convinced her chosen career path was the right one for her; it required very little effort she didn’t find insurmountably entertaining, and helped the hours of the day just fly by. Besides, she was learning a lot of really practical skills in her work.

The two girls met for coffee frequently enough that they became a regular sight together. They were an odd couple to see sharing the same table. Sarah was at least four years older than Haile and at least four feet shorter than her, not to mention Haile hadn’t stopped growing yet and it seemed that every week Sarah’s head had to turn further up or she was now eye level to a new and lower part of Haile’s ever lengthening body. Sarah was an unmodified human, which meant standard, no enhancements, no implants, nothing. She had to eat several times a day and spend a lot of time maintaining her health, appearance, and figure. Haile found it fascinating; just like how Sarah found Haile fascinating.

They chatted about nearly everything. From the futility of boys to the difficulties of studying to what it was like being an adult and paying taxes and such. Sarah’s compliments towards Haile never ceased and they were always fresh and new and always left her a little speechless and blushing. She felt like a little kid despite being a fresh faced sixteen years old. Sarah was infatuated with Haile because of her imposing yet willowy build. Haile was very skinny, many would say unhealthily, until they learned how Generation Three bodies developed. Haile liked the way she looked and she pretty much wasn’t going to grow out any, just up. She also liked Haile’s sparkling pink eyes, she had never seen pink eyes before and they were undeniably attractive. Haile’s dark crimson hair was also unique to Generation Three and Sarah loved its color.
Sarah was undoubtedly short and if the two girls stood next to one another Sarah would have to reach up to hook her fingers in Haile’s pocket, if she were wearing jeans. Sarah spent a lot of time hanging off Haile in this way, and Haile found it extremely cute. Sarah would reach up and grab Haile’s back left pocket with her left hand and hook her right hand into Haile’s front right pocket, she’d then lean in on Haile’s leg and rest her head against Haile’s skinny thigh. Despite Haile’s height she was still quite thin and her legs were smaller around than Sarah was which made them quite huggable, Sarah eventually remarked.

Haile found herself liking Sarah more and more if not for her physical appearance for her personality. Sarah was not just attractive she was assertive and intelligent and very wise it seemed. Although that probably came with age and worldly experience, which Sarah obviously had a headstart on since Haile was so much younger than her. Haile grew fond of Sarah’s somewhat bland appearance, medium length brown hair and dark brown eyes. Generation Three people had a much wider range of appearance variation, but there was something adorable about Sarah’s unmodified natural beauty.

One day they sat on the same side of the table while Sarah showed Haile some medical videos about Generation Three evolution and anatomy. Haile paid particular attention because it applied directly to her, and influenced her capabilities on how she could improve herself. They discussed all of the options and the drawbacks and the potential side effects of a wide variety of procedures or equipment. Haile mentioned her Spinal Worm and Sarah was impressed, she thought the technology was amazing and wished she could use it.

Eventually Sarah ended up sitting in Haile’s lap as Haile stretched out in the booth with her back up against the wall. This let Sarah use the table while giving Haile the perfect reach to be able to play with Sarah’s hair, which Sarah admitted she really liked. It didn’t take too long before the two girls could be seen just embracing one another, Sarah leaning herself up against Haile, her head resting on Haile’s small breasts, and Haile’s arms wrapped around Sarah’s significantly smaller frame.

They never officially asked one another if they wanted to go steady, but it seemed to just sort of happen naturally without any words. The two sat together and touched one another idly while they chatted; or they shared the embracing pose more and more frequently as Haile took up the whole bench and Sarah sat on Haile’s legs. Haile even took to teasing Sarah sometimes by wearing very short shorts, and a short skirt. Sarah would lament the lack of pockets to hang on, but wouldn’t complain about the hem of the skirt being a couple of inches below her eyes. Until Sarah went in for a hug and felt the hard denim material through the soft skirt fabric and unashamedly lifted Haile’s skirt above her head. When Sarah hung off those shorts it looked a little indecent, but the two girls thought it was hilarious watching other people’s reactions. Haile was embarrassed at first but quickly got over it, Sarah kissed the bare skin of Haile’s leg and proceeded to reach up into the skirt canopy and grab her favorite pockets like nothing had happened.

That sort of thing was common in school, different Generation numbers dating and what not; and the instructors would separate kids being a little too inappropriate with one another in public. Generational people generally only dated people of their same Generation. It was kind of like different races, but instead of the races coming from different geographical locations they came from different technological and financial investments in one’s offspring. A Generation Three couple could have Generation Zero offspring, or Two or even Three. It was all a matter of money and the availability of the technology required to do the modifications.

On their walk too and from the coffee shop and their other places they ended up hanging out there was a half wall along one side that separated the sidewalk and street from the park. While the two girls would walk hand in hand everywhere they went, Sarah always took the opportunity to walk up the slope of the wall until she was standing at nearly shoulder height to Haile and they’d walk like that the length of the park. Occasionally Sarah would stop them just so she could pull Haile into a hug where she could put her head against Haile’s shoulder instead, a nice change of position.

Eventually Haile introduced Sarah to her hobby, and Sarah was enamored. The existence of such tiny human being was a medical marvel and the way Haile so controlled their lives was astounding. It made Haile even hotter to Sarah who really enjoyed Haile’s rather uncharacteristically quiet and submissive attitude. When she was in her own domain and standing before her subjects she was quite a different person, and it was very erotic. Haile hadn’t told Sarah she ate them, as she felt like she would save that for another day.
Sarah thoroughly enjoyed the vast difference in size between the tiny people and the impossibly huge Haile. Even Sarah felt like an indomitable giant before the tiny humans. She even examined several of the girls, for scientific inquiry of course. Feeling the proportions and doing some calculations and finding they’re exactly just like she was, just a significant factor smaller and younger as a species. She loved their fashions and the clothes the girls wore and even took a couple outfits home with her to study further.

Haile wondered when she would be able to tell her what else she did with all these little people, that she hadn’t kidnapped them for no reason. Haile was working up to it and couldn’t wait to share the full extent of her enjoyable with Sarah, and hopefully share in the fun as well.



Everything ached and Haile’s head felt like it was full of orange cotton wool. She had a dull pain, a pressure of sorts, pushing on her shoulder where she remembered being shot. She felt a much cooler pressure pushing up against the underside of her left leg where she had been sliced open. She tried to move but small, gentle hands pushed her back into place.

“Lie still, Haile.” A soft voice told her. She knew that voice.

“Sarah?” Haile asked.

“Aye.” Sarah answered. “You’re hurt pretty bad. But I think I’ve got you stabilized.”

Haile grimaced. “What a mess.” She could tell she was heavily medicated.

Haile felt Sarah’s hands moving across her body as she did something to her. “I’d say. You took quite a beating and that bullet was very hard to get out of your chest.” Something stung Haile’s shoulder, right under her collarbone and she winced. “Lie still.” Sarah repeated.

Haile apologized.

“You know, you ought to be more careful. I had to have EMS bring me a transfusion kit. When I got here you were lying in a pool of your own blood bigger than me; I thought you were dead.”

Haile grinned. “I’m not that easy to kill.”

“Well if I wasn’t around you might have been.” Sarah scolded. “What have I told you about your dangerous hobbies?”

Haile grinned. “I know, you don’t approve of them.” Haile felt Sarah’s hands run along her body again doing something she didn’t understand. When Sarah pulled away Haile asked, “Don’t stop.”

Haile’s eyes were open and were focusing their wobbly pink gaze at Sarah’s small frame, visible from the waist up. Sarah grinned, “It’s been awhile since I last touched you, hasn’t it?” Haile nodded. “I will admit,” Sarah said as she let her eyes roam over Haile’s body, covered only in a thin white sheet, “That I do miss you. And I find myself thinking about you quite a bit.”

Haile raised her hand unsteadily and let her fingers slide over Sarah’s wrist. “I’ve missed you too.” Haile said quietly. She really had missed Sarah, there was far more than just a physical connection between the two. She had Kat now, but that relationship was far more physical in nature, rather than anything else. They were friends, and they liked playing with one another’s bodies. But it wasn’t the same as when Haile and Sarah were together, they played with one another’s minds as well as each other’s bodies.

Sarah sighed and rest her hand on Haile’s sternum and looked at her. “I’m worried about you, Haile.” Haile’s eyebrows turned up quizzically. “This is the third time you’ve nearly died doing what you do.”

“I’m very careful with my work though,” Haile started, but Sarah shook her head.

“That’s not just it.”

“What?” Hailed asked.

“You know.” Sarah answered, and it was true, Haile knew. Sarah didn’t approve of Haile killing all these people. Sarah loved the idea of tiny humans, but they were just that, humans. They were like them in every way according to her studies. Although if she wanted to get technical, Haile was very different even from Sarah, but that didn’t negate the fact, in Sarah’s mind, that it was murder. And when Haile ate them, it was unthinkable.

Haile nodded. She raised her right arm again and this time put her hand on the side of Sarah’s head, just like last time Sarah’s head rested in Haile’s palm, and Haile’s finger tips curled over Sarah’s scalp, her thumb moved gently back and forth across Sarah’s temple.

“Do you still get headaches?” Haile asked.

Sarah nodded. Haile’s expression softened as Sarah’s eyes closed and she leaned into Haile’s palm even more and sighed. “You were always so good at taking them away from me.”

Haile thought about lifting her other arm but quickly thought against it. “I can’t really lift my other arm, Sarah.”

Sarah’s eyes opened and she looked over at the dressed wound. “I know, it did some serious damage to your tendons. You’re going to have to regrow them. I’ve injected you with the nanites you need, but it’ll take time.”

Haile nodded slowly. “But that’s not what I meant.”

Sarah blinked and then understood. She moved further down Haile’s body and leaned forward, resting her arms across Haile’s stomach and shifted her weight so she was looking up at Haile’s face between her breasts. Both of Haile’s hands rested against Sarah’s face. Haile held Sarah’s face for a moment before she began massaging her fingers into Sarah’s scalp.

Sarah’s eyes shut and she breathed deeply as Haile’s delicate fingers put pressure all over Sarah’s head pressing all of her pressure points all at once. It was a trick Sarah showed Haile by doing it to her head, and then when Haile did it to Sarah she nearly fell asleep instantly. Because Haile’s hands were so much bigger than Sarah’s, both of her hands could almost completely hold Sarah’s head, relieving all pressure off from her neck; and then her long thing fingers would find and press every single button on Sarah’s head causing a total body relaxation damn near instantly.

Sarah sat there for a few minutes while Haile massaged her scalp smiling, she loved doing that for Sarah because the headaches Sarah would get would be quite debilitating. They developed a year or so into their relationship and that’s when Sarah showed Haile about pressure point therapy and where Sarah discovered Haile’s unique position to overwhelm her nerves with such simple touches.

Eventually Sarah grabbed Haile’s bad arm’s wrist gently and laid it on her stomach, she then grabbed Haile’s good arm and moved it away from her and slid herself up in between it and Haile’s body. Sarah leaned forward and pulled her hair out of her eyes. Brown focused on pink as the two girls stared into one another’s eyes for what felt like an eternity before Sarah leaned in, probably on tip-toe, and pressed her lips into Haile’s.

Haile’s eyes slid shut as she pushed her lips out to meet Sarah’s. Sarah pulled back all too soon and looked into Haile’s eyes before she moved a few inches and touched Haile’s lips with her fingers. She traced their pillowy contour with her fingertips and felt every groove and ridge therein. Haile’s lips were together and glistened faintly from her saliva which stuck to Sarah’s fingers and left very faint columns before snapping.

“I still love you.” Sarah said quietly, not taking her eyes off Haile’s mouth. When Haile answered she spoke slowly, letting Sarah’s fingers travel with her lips as they shaped the words.

“I love you too.”

Sarah leaned in and kissed Haile again, this time lingering for some time, moving her lips up against Haile’s. Haile’s hand found its way up Sarah’s neck and into her hair where she held Sarah there while they kissed. Haile for her part was too weak to move so she just laid there and moved her lips against Sarah’s while Sarah’s whole head moved in time with the kissing, moving right to left slowly, each separation of their mouths producing a wet smack and a few degrees of rotation from Sarah.

Both of Sarah’s hands found their way onto Haile’s throat where they rubbed up against it slowly, causing Haile to swallow and her throat to bob beneath her fingers. Suddenly Sarah’s tongue pushed its way into Haile’s mouth, forcing her lips out of the way and pushing her teeth apart which effortlessly moved out of the way. Sarah’s small tongue had no hope of getting anywhere in Haile’s mouth, but just like old times Haile’s tongue rose up to greet it with a slimey collision.

Their tongues danced around one another as Sarah opened her mouth as wide as she could and bit into Haile’s barely opened mouth at a perpendicular angle. Haile’s hand helped guide Sarah’s movements until her tongue pushed up into Sarah’s mouth. Haile’s tongue, however, was more than big enough to fill Sarah’s mouth, and it flattened Sarah’s tongue into the bottom of her mouth. The slimey muscle filled all of the available space in Sarah’s maw and she pulled her lips in, sucking on the appendage.

As Haile’s tongue licked slowly back and forth across the roof of Sarah’s mouth all the way back to her tonsils and her throat (which famously Sarah’s gag reflex was non-existent, to which the two of them exploited to no end) Sarah moved her head back and forth, sliding Haile’s tongue into and out of her mouth again and again.

Then Sarah’s head pushed against Haile’s hand, Haile’s tongue retreated and the two mouths separated with a waterfall of saliva that flowed into Haile’s throat. Sarah blinked and shut her mouth, her eyes were half open and she was breathing hard. She obviously put her heels back down on the ground as she moved several inches back. She swallowed.

“I shouldn’t be doing this.” Sarah confessed. “I broke up with you.” But her eyes and her body disagreed with her words to the nth degree. “But I want you.”

“Then have me.” Haile said, she looked up at Sarah’s hungry expression and couldn’t help but feel her heart flutter for a moment. “I am still yours, I’ve said it before.”

Sarah’s lip retreated into her mouth and she bit it hard enough for her skin to turn white around the outlines of her teeth. She made a gurgling noise at the back of her throat and Haile giggled softly. Haile wanted Sarah almost as much as Sarah wanted Haile, she thought. She was in pain, and drugged up to her eyeballs, but that didn’t stop her from desiring Sarah.

“Maybe…” Sarah started, she swallowed and let her mouth hang open for a moment. “Maybe…” She said again.

“Maybe what?” Haile whispered.

“Shh… Don’t speak.” Sarah commanded quietly and moved down Haile’s body.
Chapter End Notes:
Alright, here we go! Part Two, this chapter was so much fun to write, I hope you all enjoy it just as much as I did. It is a whole new style of writing, again, and I've never written anything quite like this before. It's significantly longer than any other chapter, and has, in my opinion, a huge amount of content.

As always I can be reached at my email if you have any questions, comments, concerns, complaints, suggestions, or if you find any nasty spelling mistakes, at hkorhal [at] gmail [dot] com.

I also do have a Patreon page now as well, if you, you know, feel like donating. You totally don't have to, but it all does help! My computer died a couple of weeks ago and I'm saving up for a new one! patreon [dot] com [slash] hkorhal