- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Haile has to take care of some business.

 

Boring Adult Stuff

Chapter Four

 

Haile’s computer was working on rendering and finalizing all of her videos. It usually took a while because of all the editing she put into them in layers. Then of course she’d have to go through them to see if it all worked and looked good, and then more edits, more finalizing, rendering, etc. She put in a lot of effort into making her movies. Sometimes she had to delete whole scenes or make edits frame by frame. All in the name of making her look good, and making things look extra awesome.

Some people would call Haile vain. And to tell you the truth, or at least what she told herself, that was absolutely true in every sense of the word. She cared a lot about what other people thought of her. She loved the idea of people looking at her, watching her every move, and waiting for her to do something. And then, of course, reacting to her when whatever she did was outrageous, dangerous, or affected them directly.

She knew she was pretty, she worked at it very hard. She made sure to always have the cutest outfits, she made sure that her hair was always the perfect shade of pink, she had some pretty painful braces on that were making her mouth look better and better every day, and she always made sure her demeanor was what it was. She didn’t have to act all that much though, Haile was known for her personality.

Haile sat on her couch curled up around a transparent bowl that had her favourite kind of popcorn in it. Its myriad of voices rose up every time she reached in and died down whenever her hand retreated. Their voices were a dull roar at the edge of hearing at best and was sharp and shrill at worst. She had her television on and was watching it, eating absent mindedly. Her hand would scoop up and deposit into her mouth a handful of little people at a time. Usually a dozen or so would make it to her mouth and a couple would slip between her fingers or jump out. These crumbs usually landed back in the bowl without injury but a few made it onto her chest and would grab hold of her shirt fabric.

She wore a light pink shirt that hung loosely about her body and was drawn taut around her chest as she had the bowl pressed up against her long abdomen. Her even longer legs were curled up beneath her supporting the bowl as half of her weight was rested against the arm of the couch. At a distance it would look like Haile was just a normal girl watching a movie, snacking on popcorn. Of course to the observant viewer it was clearly obvious, the blood stains on her lips and the thin trickle of blood that dripped down her chin and occasionally made its way down into the bowl or onto her shirt.

Haile was watching the news. A program that didn’t really deserve popcorn per say, but she was hungry and was going to watch the news anyway, so she made an evening out of it. She couldn’t use her computer while it worked and so, without anything else to do, she decided to get caught up on the local, national, and international news.

Energy prices were fluctuating rather dramatically as the national power grid worked overtime to redistribute energy. Haile was going to have to cut back on her use of her portal generator, it used a lot of electricity… A recent power plant accident had caused billions of dollars of damage to the grid, having knocked out three distribution stations with surges and the subsequent destruction of the entire station as several of the generators spun out of control and caused a cascading power surge that ended in disaster. Valiant efforts had been undertaken by the local law enforcement and emergency responders in controlling the explosion, very few casualties were reported although rescue efforts were still under way. Accidents were unheard of and the Fusion Regulatory Commission investigation was underway. It was too early to speculate as the cause, but the rumor on the streets was another terrorist attack.

It really was quite troubling. Even on their homeland they had to deal with the issues of the world at large. Someone reads a book written by someone on the other side of the world and millions of people die due to a war started by someone who hadn’t got the joke. What makes it even worse is when that war spills out and fractures the entire world. Everyone picks sides over something that shouldn’t even concern them.

Haile stuffs another handful of people into her mouth and masticates them, too deep in thought to really pay much attention. Her tongue pushes forward mistimed with her jaw and four-ish people get pushed out of her mouth along with a pile of saliva and blood. It was a mess, and Haile always felt so embarrassed when she did that. Chewing with your mouth open had its downsides, even if you could overstuff your mouth and get more flavor out of it that way. She swallowed and looked down at the carnage.

The mess landed back in the bowl and covered another half dozen people in spit and gore. It was completely unsalvageable and Haile just sighed. She scooped the wriggling mass up with her fingers and held her arm out over the side of the couch to the waste basket that was there, she squeezed her fingers and let the mess ooze out between them, killing everyone in her grasp. She then let it drop to the basket and resumed eating, occasionally sucking on her fingers.

Now the program had shifted to the falling stocks of a company that meant a lot to her. Appentine Harmonics. She read the text that went along with the dialogue that showed their stock falling on the national stock exchange due to the current debate going on in the senate. She turned the program up and stopped eating for a moment.

The debate was important to Haile because this was the company she got her ‘product’ from. Appentine Harmonics supplied her with the signatures she used to visit all of her Scale Worlds. Ever since she had heard of the company she had followed them closely. She was sure she was one of their biggest customers because she had a permanent order out with them for any signatures that matched her very explicit specifications. Haile wanted signatures that led to worlds that were similar to Earth’s, had humanoid life on it that was at least Renaissance era in technological development or higher, and was at various scales to Earth.

Haile wasn’t entirely certain how the math worked out, but the signatures Appentine Harmonics would supply her with were always perfect. Exactly what she was looking for. She tried understanding what they were doing once, but she tuned them out after she fell off the train. They were doing something with a mathematical theory involving the portal technology developed by them. Each signature they discovered, after much work, would then be verified, which took even longer and even more work. Eventually a verified signature would be produced and would be sold for a good deal of money, usually at auction.

Haile’s signatures never made it to auction though. She paid a premium to have sole access to every Scale World Appentine ever found. It was expensive, but it was well worth it. It kept the competition out, and made her a great deal of money. Of course sometimes it would be hard because they’d find two signatures really quickly, which statistically is entirely possible. Then she’d have to purchase both at once and that would generally drain her bank account entirely. Heaven forbid she were faced with the prospect of purchasing three or more signatures in a single go. She would hope they'd be able to cut her a deal.

The news program cut to a reporter who had just gotten out of a closed door session of a senate hearing where someone had used Appentine technology incorrectly and had been killed in the process. Obviously every new technology would have its opponents and idiots only gave fuel to the fire and spread ammunition around for those who would rather see progress not made by the wrong individuals. It truly was despicable.

Haile tentatively slipped someone into her mouth and swallowed them without much effort as she listened to the news report. She breathed a sigh of relief in the knowledge that deliberations were still ongoing and it looked to be a sign of negligence on the individual. Appentine had dodged another bullet. She hoped the day never came where she had to go up in front of one of those things. It gave her chills.

Her fingers slipped around her drink and she took a few sips from it, watching the television flash to a commercial. Her throat boomed again and again to the tiny inhabitants in the messy bowl. Blood and saliva had spread out and had touched nearly everyone in the bowl, although there weren’t very many left at this point. She bounced the bowl a couple of times and giggled as everyone inside fell down.

Haile tilted the bowl to one side and watched as the small crowd piled up on itself on one side of the sloped surface. A couple of people took running jumps to try to clear the edge but were smacked down, back into the bowl by a simple lazy flick of Haile’s index finger. She shifted her grip and brought the bowl up to her lips and tilted her head back. Suddenly the surge of people shifted and everyone was trying to get away from her hungry mouth which was full of blood. The deep crimson of her maw was in sharp contrast to the blood speckled teeth and bright green brackets that adorned each one.

A pat on the bottom of the bowl dislodged the group and one person falling into another spread over the group and people filled her mouth. Not bothering to remove the bowl or close her mouth she just started chewing, as room was made in her mouth more people fell into it, each one increasing the ball of chewed mashed up people. Occasionally Haile swallowed the liquid and cleared her mouth for the rest. Finally the last person fell into her, her mouth full of screaming wiggling bodies and she pulled the bowl away. The sheer volume of screams and yelling was almost ear splitting. Haile loved it.

She chewed violently, swallowing frequently, as she cleaned herself up. The bowl met a torrent of water in the sink and a napkin mopped up the solid bits on her shirt, it was stained a dark red color in places and she thought it looked rather cute. When her mouth was finally empty she looked at herself in the mirror she had in the kitchen and dabbed at her chin, pulling away the streaks of blood that adorned the corners of her lips. She ran her tongue over her braces and pulled bits out of them. She’d have to go and brush her teeth.

Another half hour later and she was finished and back in front of the television. The news broadcast had ended and a quick look at the recap showed she hadn’t missed all that much. Something about a local produce store going out of business due to lack of customers, and a report on the inevitable rise of homelessness and unemployment. None of that mattered to her, she was self-employed and couldn’t be bothered with other people’s misfortunes.

Haile switched off the broadcast and the panel on the wall turned into a soothing display of particles and waves as music filled the air. She stretched out on the couch and yawned while simultaneously pulling her shirt up. Haile looked down over her body and raised her legs up in the air and twisted her foot back and forth before putting it back down. Her fingers slid over her bare stomach and inspected her own curves. They paused over where she knew at least a few dozen people still lived, in various states of life. Her stomach was working hard at digesting so many people and it vibrated beneath her touch as it growled and gurgled. She closed her eyes and thought about it for a while.

One video she pushed out, a relatively short one, was one in which she had swallowed a couple of people with expensive cameras. They did what they knew how to do, and tried to report to the world about the horror they were experiencing. Of course it was an experience like none had ever seen before, because Haile’s stomach was a very unique place. In a world full of people who never even used their stomachs anymore, Haile had taken it upon herself to augment her body in ways that made her seem almost superhuman. Aside from nanites which would eat through inorganic material later down in her bowels, she had ingested bioluminescent microorganism a while back.

These microorganisms would get excited whenever she ate, because her stomach walls would move and acid would fill its void. Not to mention the arrival of food mean there was something for the little microbes to eat too. They would emit this eerie greenish glow that would slowly light up the entire cavern of Haile’s stomach and cast a grotesque scene onto the screens of anyone who would watch what the cameramen had recorded.

Every time Haile would swallow a fresh batch of people it was horrible. If they were alive they were usually accompanied by a torrent of saliva and miscellaneous liquid. Sometimes it would just rain arms and legs and bloodied up torsos as a mass of meat, blood, and of course yet more spit would slither into her stomach. The worst bits were where there was a mix of living people and crushed people, almost indistinguishable from one another. Haile shivered at the thought, it was wonderful.

The reporters continued to try to report on the impossibility of being eaten alive by a giant girl, or of the very existence of said giant girl at all in the first place, all the while the cameras would zoom in on dying people, everywhere. Especially when she swallowed. Then when the sudden realization that they were seeing everything without any lights or anything; that everything was lit up by some unexplainable glow, even further panic would set in. Haile shrugged at the idea that the idea was weird. She thought it was cool, and she had received a great amount of feedback and money regarding the video. She received a lot of compliments that asked her to do a longer video with better angles, more cameras, and maybe some professionals.

Obviously no one would do anything quite as good as she could, so eventually she’d have to go in there with some sort of apparatus that gave her control over the cameras. Even though her stomach was brightly lit by the bioluminescent microorganisms, she would still need to take lights as the eerie green isn’t a great way to film. It makes the whole video look like it takes place at night during a thunderstorm deep in the ocean for all the glow changes the mood of the scene.

Haile smiled to herself at the memory. She loved pushing the envelope and doing things no one expected. This was just one of many small modifications she made to her body to give dramatic effect to her work. Of course she hadn’t gone so far as to dramatically modify her appearance, like some her friends and other people have. She hadn’t done anything with her breasts, no implants, surgeries, or anything. They were still completely natural, untouched and unblemished. Surgery had advanced very far and never left a mark, but there was just something about still being ‘natural,’ that drew people’s attention and praise. That and they were rather small for her height, although to tiny people a few inches of flesh was more than their height entirely.

Haile did undergo laser surgery that sculpted her hair-landscape. It kept her body looking clean and crisp and freed up a lot of bathroom time where she used to spend a lot of time shaving. Now her hair was completely under control, never grew too long, never changed to a terrible colour, and was thin and almost completely unnoticeable. Her eyebrows and eyelashes were perfect and required so little maintenance. Even the hair on her head required little work, aside from occasionally cutting it (if she wanted a different style) or re-dying it. She liked the pink look, even if her natural deep crimson red hair was often missed by many. Someday she’d let it grow back to red, but that would be much later.

Haile came to several hours later to the feeling of several tiny people on her body. She kept her eyes closed as she tried to gather more information about the situation. She had fallen asleep with her left hand resting on her stomach, just above her navel, and her other hand hanging off the couch and resting on the cold floor. She wondered if that is how they managed to get up onto her body proper.

She listened to them talking quietly to one another, trying to not wake the monster under their feet. Someone was spending a lot of time just above her hand where her stomach was faintly gurgling just beneath her taut skin, obviously listening to it working. Someone else was quite obviously touching her breasts, what exactly they were doing she didn’t quite know, but didn’t care either. Their light touch sent tingles up her spine. They would run their hands along the thin fabric and send electric waves through her breast and up her spine. Finally someone else was wandering around the strip of flesh that was right above her elastic band of her pajama bottoms. She wondered what they were planning on doing down there, just above the upper band of her underwear.

Haile’s mouth twitched involuntarily as she felt tiny fingers fumbling with the fabric of her pajamas. Crap, she had given herself away. She tried to cover this up by bringing her hanging arm back up to her belly, as though she were moving in her sleep. It didn't work.

“I think she’s waking up!” Someone said in a rushed whisper. Instantly she felt their motions change and everyone converged on the side of her stomach that led to the floor. Oh well, it couldn’t last forever and obviously it was a good idea to get out of the way. Haile decided to help them out and let them go. They were just exploring after all, and the very idea sent a thrill through her body. She rolled over and pushed the three people off the couch and onto the floor. She withdrew her arm and pushed it up under her head.

Haile let her eyes open and found herself staring at Alli again. “Hi there.” She said quietly.

Alli almost bolted, but stood her ground under the full weight of Haile’s stare. “Emm, hi, Haile.”

“That’s a cute outfit.” Haile said, her eyes moving down across her body. She was now wearing fitted khaki shorts and a ripped brown t-shirt. Haile’s memory threw up a card and she recalled pulling the shirt out from her braces, having eviscerated the previous wearer a while back. Quite a lot of the little clothes she had all had rips and tears in them. The metal in her mouth would rip people apart, and their clothes were no exception. Sometimes her molars would crush someone and leave the clothes intact, but this was not one of those cases.

Alli’s arm went behind her head and she stepped back. “T-thank you.” She looked around, there were a few people under the table a few feet away who were visibly beckoning to her, telling her to run. She looked back up to Haile who hadn’t moved. “I got it from the clothing store.”

“Yes, I remember where I got that one from too. A hiker I caught while out on a hike myself.” Haile grinned, her pristine mouth sparkled in the half light. Alli’s eyes locked onto it and didn’t leave.

“Umm…” She took another step back, and as Haile lifted herself up off the couch didn’t get more than a foot as she tried to run before Haile’s hand closed around her and lifted her into the air. She squeaked.

“Calm down.” Haile brought the terrified girl, who obediently silenced herself, and sniffed her again. Once more her alluring scent filled her nostrils and Haile sighed. “Seriously, you have to show me where you got that perfume from. It is delightful.” Knowing she had been there at least a couple of days, the fact that it was still so strong was a testament to its power.

Alli started to say something but was silenced again when Haile’s tongue snaked out from between her lips and ran its way up the face of Alli’s body. She screamed anew as the giant slimy muscle tasted her body. Haile held back, wanting to go in for another lick as she even tasted amazing. She swallowed the built up saliva and Alli calmed down, her death not apparently happening again.

Haile carried the little girl into her room and sat her down on the desk as she herself sat down in front of the computer. She leaned forward and rested her breasts on the desktop in front of Alli. She placed her head in her hand and looked down at the sopping girl, a couple blobs of spit dripping off from her. Haile giggled. “Sorry, I couldn’t help it.”

“W-w-well…” She struck out at trying to seem friendly. “Did I t-taste good?” Probably not the best thing to ask, but she was in fact actually curious.

Haile nodded. “Extremely.” Alli shuddered at the thought of being eaten again and stifled a little whimper. “Don’t worry, I’m not going to eat you. I still need to find out about that perfume!” Haile breathed in deeply, but Alli as too far away to smell. “How tall are you, Alli?” Haile asked suddenly.

Alli was taken aback. Again, she could never keep up with Haile. This girl was insane. “Five nine.” She said, perplexed. Haile pursed her lips together and nodded, apparently satisfied. Haile’s attention shifted to the computer behind Alli, it had finished what it was doing. Alli watched Haile for a while as she was ignored, Haile swallowed occasionally, far more frequently than she ever had needed to. Every time Haile did her throat would move and she could see every muscle in her neck ripple, sound filled her world. Her imagination peopled each swallow with people just like her, being forced down into the giant girl's body, imprisoning them for digestion. A slow and painful death.

She shuddered again, and forced herself to turn around. Alli looked at the computer behind her. It was awe inspiring. Haile was working on a video by the looks of what was going on, and it was her hometown. Where she spent her entire life. She wondered how the girl had gotten all of the footage but was interrupted again when Haile’s fingers tapped her, pushing her back into a wall of warm flesh. Alli looked around and found herself leaning up against Haile’s breast.

“I figured that was you, back there.” Haile said, not looking down at Alli. Her hands had returned to the computer. “If I wanted to hurt you, I would have, and I don’t plan on it right now.” Alli’s gaze fell from looking up at Haile’s chin down the curve of her neck and down to the swell in her shirt that announced the presence of breasts. Pretty breasts.

“How?” Alli didn’t really know what she was asking, of course Haile knew it was her, she was probably watching her the whole time.

Haile leaned back and looked down at Alli, her pink eyes fell upon Alli and she realized finally how striking they were. “I didn’t. But, I figured as much, anyway. You were a little…” Haile looked away and thought about the word for a moment. “Excited, a few nights ago. After a bit, of course.”

Alli blushed, had it been so obvious? Haile leaned back in and Alli placed her palm onto Haile’s breast and could feel the warm coming through the fabric. Haile grinned above her. Of course she had been right, Alli had had quite a lot of fun on her body, and had worked for quite some time even after she started falling asleep. Haile hadn’t expected Alli to stick around after she tired herself out, but she wondered just how long Alli had stayed on her body before she left. She seemed to have adapted to life in the Haile home quite well, and was definitely on her way towards being liked by Haile.

“You’re the one to watch, Alli.” Haile said as she turned her attention back to the computer. She left Alli alone, and Alli didn’t say anything else. Haile’s attention returned to Alli when she felt her climbing up the front of her shirt and she absently helped her on her climb by providing a finger-foothold. Alli’s climb ended when she was sitting comfortably on top of Haile’s shelf, leaning back into her chest and rubbing her hand along the exposed flesh beside her. She had slipped herself into the valley behind Haile's shirt between her breasts, and was sitting atop of one.

Haile entertained herself with Alli, or, rather, let Alli entertain herself on Haile’s body as she worked. Once again she went to bed with Alli and had another fun evening with the tiny girl before dropping off to sleep once more. Alli was gone again when she woke up. She'd have to try having some more fun with Alli, if she was going to be getting so comfortable with her body.

Haile spent most of the day busy dealing with ‘adult’ stuff. It wasn’t work, because her work was a hell of a lot of fun and often quite messy. Mainly she spent the day paying bills, talking to people, and going over a contract. She was having a home built for her in the next state. It was a few hundred miles away so she couldn’t really go inspect it every day, but she was told the progress was acceptable.

She thought about all of the money, time and effort that had gone into the project. She had some very interesting specifications, required some unique appliances, and in general was a rather demanding girl when it came to her house. She had been wanting to move for quite some time but had trouble finding a contractor to build her house. She had to find one with experience in fabricators, which in itself was pretty hard to find.

Not to mention very few contractors actually gave her much attention, after all she was a little young to be looking at such an expensive property. Not only had she bought a big plot of nice land with a view, a pond, a hill, lots of trees, and the permission to do whatever she wanted to with it; her choices of building materials, designs, and extra bits were astounding. It was easily going to be the most expensive property on the block and then some, and a lot of people doubted she had the money to do such extravagant home.

Fabricators were a relatively new invention. They were still older than the portal technology she used, by a few years at least, but they had only recently come down in price enough to be affordable by someone like Haile. 3D printers had been around for centuries, but they were always relatively small scale and portable. No one, until recently that is, had decided to go the extra step and build a really, really big one. When Haile saw it on the internet she just had to have one.

This particular model needed a huge surface area to work with, and could 3D print anything she programmed into it. She remembered visiting one of their demonstration facilities, and told it to print an office building.

After it finished working she went into the room and would you have it, a perfect multi-story office building sat in the middle of the room as though it had been built there and left for a few years. It was beautiful and full of architectural detail. Every window had a ledge, there was a fire escape down one side, and there were even little air conditioner units on the roof.

She walked around the building, inspecting everything. She even looked inside, but didn't see much because she hadn't populated the building with furniture. But there were walls, doors, and even stairs and light fixtures all over the place. It was very good.

She was impressed. But there was one final test she had to put it through to see if it was genuinely acceptable. She placed her hands on the cool side and felt the heat leave her fingers. It sure felt real. She gave one hand a push and heard the crack, the splintering of glass and finally the grumble of old masonry. The wall gave way and her hand was inside the building. And yes, the air conditioner was working because the inside was chilly to the touch.

She pulled her hand away and brought her eyes closer and could see individual bricks and crushed concrete and the tiniest of glass shards strewn about the place. It was indeed perfect.

She stepped back and punches the building, throwing all of her weight into it, sending her clenched fist through the wall and several behind it. She hit the building at a floor to ceiling interface, and caused the floor of the upper level to collapse into the lower. Light flickered and sparks flew as parts of the building sunk, cracked, and collapsed. She pushed her fingers through a mortar facade and wrapped them around a hard metal box and pulled it out with ease. She pulled out an elevator, the metal cables still attached but eventually snapping.

Haile giggled, she loved it. She would have to order one. She dropped the elevator at her feet and put her shoulder into the building, massive cracks radiated out as her body pushed it's way into the structure, floors collapsing and windows smashing all over the structure. Intense internal damage cause the building to begin to collapse around her bringing up a huge cloud of dust and debris. The cacophony was pleasant to her ears just as good as the real thing. Throw in some furniture and a few hundred living tiny people and it would have been the real thing. She needed it in her life.

Fabricators were expensive. Not just in build cost but in materials and energy too. She had to get a bigger PowerLine to run to her property and had to install huge capacitors. These things would charge for an hour or more apiece and would discharge all in one go to run the fabricator. Not to mention an entire canister or two of nanites would be used up in the process. Building like this was expensive and only done in space, except for those with enough money to afford the recharge, like Haile.

Still,it was going to be worth it. If she ever wanted to cultivate a small city of her own, sort of like farming, she could. Deposit a bunch of people, harvest occasionally. Restock when the population ran low, build new buildings when needed, replace the nanite canisters every so often. It could work. And she could put cameras absolutely everywhere to record everything. Haile loved the cellphone footage she got and the random helicopters, etc. But there was just something magical about studio quality cameras and perfect footage she didn't have to edit or anything.

This particular contractor had given her a very good deal. Not only could they put in all of the equipment she wanted, but they had great ideas about power generation on site too which would save her a ton of money. Solar panels, geothermal generators, and some capacitor technology that was super new and looked very promising. Near 100% efficiency for energy storage over short periods. She was excited.

All in all it was going to be a two story house with a basement, six rooms for different things, a multilevel basement for storage and long term fabricators, a shed outside for her electrical equipment and reservoirs. All equipped with the latest solar roof and deep boring geothermal aqueducts.

She always thought geothermal power was weird. It could be snowing for days on the surface and still she could pull a significant amount of power out of the ground. Of course she wasn't a geophysicist so she didn't know how it all worked. She was smart, everyone she knew was smart. She graduated from the best upper primary private finishing school. But she didn't go to graduate school and she didn't really study that kind of science.

Haile had met a great number of people and most of them were enamored with her intelligence. Her technology, what she knew, etc. But in reality she was just middle of the road. There were some significantly intelligent people in her world,and she wasn't really among that crowd.

That was okay. Haile had her business and she made enough money in it to continue doing it and live comfortably. Save up and she could afford more toys which generated more money which she would save to buy nice things, like a new house, new clothes, and more.

Eventually she made it back home and could feel herself wound up like a tight spring. If she didn't kill something soon she would snap under the tension. Haile walks into her home, unties the laces on her shoes and slipped them off. She left them under the table.

After hanging her jacket on the hook behind the door and depositing her bag, movement caught her eye and drew her into the living room. People were still gathered around her food plate. It was killing time.

Without making so much sound she slipped one toe into her sock and slipped her dainty foot out of it. She repeated this process and someone chanced a look around. She was spotted.

Haile grinned a disarming grin and waved, revealing her braces in a killing smile that betrayed her true intent. They said something and a dozen pair of eyes locked onto her and she took a step forward. They all bolted.

Haile shrugged, they couldn't get far. She walked with purpose towards a larger crowd of them, her feet flattening three people as she went. Their bodies popped and sprayed outwards as their harder hones gave resistance, tried to pierce the skin of the sole of her foot, and crunched under her weight. Each step she took thereafter gave a sticky wet smack as she lifted it off the wood flooring.

She brought her foot around and stomped in front of the main group. They broke apart and went in all different directions. Haile planted her weight over her left foot and dramatically raided her right into the air. She brought it down, again and again, each time ending a life.

When she would bring her foot up there would be a goopy sticky, stringy mess that would connect her foot to the floor for some time before it either broke and sprayed bits everywhere, or peeled off her foot with a wet sunning notice and splat onto the floor. The body count was unrecognizable.

Someone yelled at her to stop, and pleaded with her. Haile brought her foot down one more time and stared at the poor tiny girl.

“I've had a busy day. Lol and need to unwind.” she said nonchalantly, as if that was a reasonable excuse for wholesale slaughter. She raided her foot again and brought it over the terrified girl. She didn't move but stood there resolutely, repeating her words.

Haile admired her spirit. As she was rained upon by gore and bright red, thick blood, she stood still just beneath the pallet of death just above her. She shifted her foot backwards and brought her toes down onto the girl who squeaked defiantly. Foolish.

She squeezed her toes and the girl screamed. There was still a lot of blood, but not very many bits. Most of the death she inflicted was with her full weight either under the heel of her foot or her arch. Haile rolled her foot back and forth, spreading the blood around over her body. She screamed again and again as Haile tortured her there, in the living room, on display for easily hundreds of people.

The idea turned into an adrenaline rush that coursed through Haile's body and tingles down her legs. She shuddered at the power. Of course she didn't play with people often enough, she usually got her strongest bodily response from the very idea of consuming someone's entire world, everyone they knew or love, and then finally everything they were, their body. Having someone just like her in every way, just unfortunately small, deep inside her stomach, fueling her, was intoxicating.

But so was having complete control over them in other ways. Sure she had just mercilessly stamped out a half dozen lives under her heel, and a few more earlier, but this was something special. She squeezed a little harder and broke the girl’s arms.

Her shrill shriek was reward enough. She leaned forward, bringing her almost clean foot forward to step on, and the girl's voice went from a shrill piercing wail to a gurgle and then silence. Her body squeezed through the spaced between her toes.

This was the life. Having no end of people to eat and to torment. And to think, she was once offered a job as a receptionist. They thought she was pretty and smart, and would do well answering phone calls and looking pretty. But who would want that? Such a boring life, getting a steady paycheck, benefits, retirement, and spending all your time dealing with people you hate.

No, Haile had it much better. She loved everybody she worked with. She loved all these little people. They were her guests, her playthings, and her food. She never felt bad for them, they had a good life as far as she was concerned. Faced with the alternative of being crushed by her when she first met them, or eaten right there, these people had a life of comfort. All the good natural food they could want, free housing, entertainment, fancy clothes, and so much more. Just like at home they would face down death every day and come out on top. Except, if it was their time to go, it was just their time to go. Can't argue with destiny.

One of her friends had asked her if she ever felt bad for them and that's what she told them.

“What if you didn't show up? They would have lived a long healthy and happy life.”

She nodded, but what if an asteroid fell on their house? Or a bridge collapsed? Haile showing up was going to happen because it had happened. There was no if. The only question about it was would they die then when she killed them or later when she brought them home. Really she was doing a fine service. She'd spare their lives for some menial work at home and to feed her with their bodies if she ever needed to eat. A fine arrangement she thought.

Plus, a neat side effect, was the sheer abundance of pretty people. Haile had a high standard and only took home the best. The prettiest of girls, the sexiest of outfits, the most handle boys. There were never any ugly people, old, or fat. Everyone was fit, healthy, and beautiful. Generally the injured get themselves killed off too easily, the unathletic don't run from her fast enough to avoid being killed, and she just ignored everyone else. Of course her ignorance or obliviousness was just as deadly as a directed kick.

So what more could they ask for? A ton of her guests had partners here they met here. Sure they might have left someone behind, but once they get here and see just how good things are, they hook up and would sometimes get caught fooling around with one another by Haile.

She'd watch and try not to interrupt. It generally reminded her of her own girlfriends. Haile associated with other tall girls because she liked feeling small compared to a prettier girl than her. This was something that was rampant in Haile's house. She pulled people out of a lot of different worlds and very few of them were the exact same scale.

Many worlds would be scale 1 through 6, but what the computer didn't say I'd that it rounded. So she'd come across a girl only an inch tall kissing a girl three or four inches tall. Hailed loved the idea.

It was with this thought in her head that her doorbell rang. It startled her from her daydream and beeped again. She hopped up and nearly skipped down the hallway, completely forgetting about the mess she left behind, a trail of bloody footprints left behind her as her feet smacked into the floor.

She stops at the mirror in the hallway and checked herself over. She pulls at her soft blue t-shirt  and brings it down over the skin of her belly, leaving just an inch of flesh peeking through right above the top of her shorts tantalizingly. She flipped her hair and the door beeped again.

Haile turns around and opens the door and was instantly overcome with a wonderful scent,an alluring scent. Kat stood in her doorway and waves at her.

“Hi Haile,” Kat says in the voice she knew Haile enjoyed so much. She shifts her weight to one side and raises her arms in front of her. Haile didn't wait, she stepped forward into the embrace.

“Kat!” Haile says, sighing, as she practically melts into her arms. She rests her head on Kat’s chest and breathes deeply, almost losing herself in her smell. Kat’s arms wrap around Haile's much smaller body as Haile's found their way around Kat’s waist and up her back. One of Kat’s hands found their way up to Haile's head and held her there for a while.

“I see that you missed me.” Kat says quietly into Haile's hair, her breath wafting over Haile's scalp and down through her pink hair.

“I always miss you! What brings you out here?” Haile pulls her head out of Kat’s chest and looked up at her, her eyes inches from Kat’s face. They were breathing the same air again. “Did I forget something?”

Kat grins and licks the tip of Haile's nose. “No silly.” Haile's knees go weak and she blushes madly. “I just wanted to see that new movie of yours. Can I?”

Haile inflated with joy, “Of course! It just finished yesterday, you'll be the first to see it!” Haile reluctantly lets go of Kat’s body and grabs her hand. “Come on in.”

Chapter End Notes:

 

So, I know I am awful at tense, I hope it doesn't detract too much from the story flow. This is, of course, only a third pass through, and I haven't caught anything, but I've corrected a ton and hope it is acceptable!

If you'd like to chat about the series, please send me an email to hkorhal [at] gmail [dot] com. If you'd like to talk a bit more lively, seek me out on Second Life, hailekorhal. I'd like to make a group, but it says I cannot until I can invite people because "a group of 1 is deleted in 48 hours" dumb!

--Haile