- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

now back to the show

I walked further down the hall and saw Chris smoking a joint near the windowsill. I didn't expect to see him outside Elise's room. "Hey problem child" he said seeing me. "Hey yourself super brat" I said. "I told her what happened down in that dungeon" he said. I was surprised. "And?" I asked. "She didn't take it too well. She's kinda pissed at me and her dad. Look at this" he said raising his arm. There were giant teeth marks on it. "Yeah she um...got carried away with our foreplay. She's on her bed crying right now. Thought I'd give her time to cool off" Chris said. "Maybe she needs girl talk" I said. Chris shrugged. I walked into her room. I didn't see her on the bed. Strange. I saw why I didn't see her though. She had shrunk down to 4 inches. Wonder what kind of foreplay they were doing.

 

I heard soft crying for her. She didn't even know I was there until I sat down. "I said I needed so time alone Chris" she said quietly. "That's fine because I'm not Chris" I said. She looked up at me. "What do you want?" she asked annoyed. "Came to talk to you. Heard he told you the truth" I said. "You knew?" she sniffed. "Of course I knew. I'm his sister" I replied. "Come to rub it in for old time’s sake?" she asked. "No, I really came to see how you were doing. Really Elise" I said. "I'm pissed. I'm pissed her got his rocks off with another girl" she said. "We'll look at it from his perspective. He knows you use shrinkys for pleasure and I bet he wants to feel that too. He's new to our world Elise. It's confusing for a teen boy. Look at it this way. At least he told you the truth" I said. Elise was silent. "He does love you Elise. Enough to give up five mil for you" I said. She began crying again. I felt so bad for her I picked her up. She was so small in my lap. I just petted her head. "Why are you being so nice to me?" she asked.

 

"I see the life you live here. It feels lonely. I can see why you might hate me. I had a real family while this one mostly consists of paid strangers your dad saved like stray dogs. You hated how I got preferred treatment. Maybe you saw a bit of you in me? Elise...I don't like hating people. The past is the past. No use hating the past when you can use that energy to shape the future" I said. "Dad never talked about his past. Never. All I knew was dad was always away and had this look of sadness in his eyes" she said. "He didn't spend time with you after you found out about what you two were? I asked. "He only taught me the shrinking spell. Nothing after that" she replied. "Why?" I asked. I realized I was being too nosy. "I think now dad wanted me to be dependent on him. The shrinking spell is a necessity to us to live under the radar and I begged him to teach it to me. After I mastered it he was afraid I wouldn't need him for anything else. Before that dad fed me souls" she said. "When did you awaken?" I asked knowing she wasn't born with powers like some. She hesitated to answer.

 

It was a loaded question. Usually we come into our new lives by either sex, being fed on (like me), puberty, or birth. Which was it with her? "It was when my mom died. We were involved in a car accident. Mom was killed on impact but I survived. I was severely hurt. I was in the hospital barely hanging on. I was drifting in and out of consciousness but I remember this intense burning sensation. Like my body was being microwaved from the inside out. The more intense the pain the more I came back to the world. I opened my eyes to see the nurses and doctors looking at me with fright. I was healing myself Amber. My body was instinctively healing my wounds with magic. The pain subsided and was replaced with a vicious hunger I hadn't felt before. The word eat rang in my ears as I looked at the hospital staff staring at me. Needless to say I was scared shitless. Then I heard my father's voice calling my name. I began to black out."

"I had used my own soul to heal myself and I was dangerously low on energy. With my last ounce of strength I called for dad. My eyes began to close as he threw the door open. I heard screams and then silence. "Oh god. She's one of us. Listen carefully honey. Daddy is going to give you medicine to make you better. You have to chew it up no matter how bad it may taste" dad said. I barely had energy to open my mouth let alone speak. I felt something small, soft, and moving in my mouth. I was so afraid of dying I didn't care what it was. I began chewing. Sound came out of my mouth that wasn't mine and then it stopped. I swallowed. The taste reminded me of undercooked pork. After a few seconds I felt better. Another was placed in my mouth. I repeated the process. After 4 of those I could open my eyes. To my horror I saw what daddy gave me. In his fingers was an orderly young man. He was just an inch big, naked, and vacant in the head. Dad had fed me shrunken humans to save my life"

 

"He carried me out of the hospital and made sure his tracks were covered. The news spoke of how 5 nurses, doctors, and orderlies disappeared without a trace. It was after mom's funeral he told me what I was. I had trouble coping. Dad began showing me magic spells to get my interest. I admit now I was interested. You know what brought me into the fold? Well, I was so mad in the head at the time I never noticed my appearance changed. I looked into the mirror and saw me and not me. My crooked teeth were straight. My acne scars gone. My hair was as brilliant as gold. I looked like a Swedish supermodel. I liked this new look and when I returned to school to graduate I got plenty of attention from boys. Father was reluctant to teach me shrinking spells but he did it to please me. I took a great deal of begging and promise making to let me go to the Academy" Elise said.

 

"And then you started hating me" I said. Her tiny head looked up at me and then down. "Yeah I did. I envied how easy things worked for you. Top of the class and every mistress' pet. I thought you were a suck up but I see now you're just gifted. I'll never be as good as you" she said quietly.   "Elise, just like I was telling Carolina today, everyone has a talent for something. I see yours is charisma. You're a natural leader Elise. That's something I can never be good at" I said. She smiled up at me. "Thanks Amber" she said hugging my waist. "Now do me a favor and forgive my idiot brother" I said. She nodded. I walked back into the hallway. "If you're finished smoking your self-pity away, Elise wants to talk" I said. Chris smiled at me and closed the door behind him. The hallway clock struck 1a.m. It was time to get some rest. Tomorrow was going to be a big day.

 

We were off to take out the base around noon. Selene drove us down the old narrow road leading to it. A 20 minute drive from Elise's estate. I think it unnerved them how close the enemy truly was. We had been gathering intel on it and the big problem was it was underground. No true way to know how many of them it was. Selene parked the car five minutes away from it. They would know we were coming soon enough.

 

Elise sent one of her friends to spy on it. The girl rode a pigeon over the base. "So what did you see?" Elise asked her as she grew back to size. "Tanks parked on a hill with people around it" she replied. "Tanks..." Selene said shaking her head. "Well we knew it couldn't be easy all the way" I said. "Let's do this" Selene said opening her door.  We all got out and looked across the grassy field leading up to a hill with three tanks on the crest. Soldiers dotted the top. "They'll shell our asses before we can get in range for spells" I said. "Suggestions?" Selene asked. "Uh...we can fly up there on birds like I did and surprise them" that one girl said.  Everyone looked at her. She had the reputation for saying stupid shit at times and fucking up her spellcraft. "That's...not a bad idea Clara" Selene said surprised. Clara smiled at the compliment. A simple mind control spell lured the birds down and we shrank down to an inch to ride them. To anyone on the ground all you saw was a flock of birds. None would suspect 8 tiny people ready to rain death and destruction on them all. 

 

As soon as we were overhead we dropped. We were taking them on in teams. I and Selene, Elise and Clara, Chris and Carolina would take cover, and Elise's friends ok out the other tank. The look on their faces as people rained from the sky. We were full size again went we hit the dirt. "Shrink Pulse!" I yelled. A blast of energy erupted from me. They struck the soldiers and they dwindled in size to two inches but that didn't affect the tanks. No, a higher level spell was needed for that. "Reduction" Selene said quickly touching the closest tank. Reduction was a level 3 shrinking spell. Great for big targets but you had to have physical contact for it to work. The tank shrank in size (including its crew). The intimidating weapon shrank down to 4 inches. Elise took care of the second. I heard a whir of machinery and a clack. We looked over to see the third tank unaffected. Elise's friends were having trouble casting the spell. A fizzle of energy came out of their hands when they touched it.

 

"Ah shit! Shield!" I yelled. Chris ran towards the tank and got on top. I watched breathless as he threw something inside. "Run!" Chris yelled. Chris grabbed Carolina and dove over the edge of the hill. We took cover. *BOOOM!* the sound echoed so hard you could see the over pressure push the grass as it moved. "Pretty fucking cool huh?" Chris said stumbling back up the hill. "Fuck were you thinking?!" I yelled. "Not being blown up?" he asked. I hugged him tightly to me. "Nice job Chris" Elise said looking at the burning hulk of tank. "Thanks. Had no clue if a grenade would do the job" Chris said smiling. "Uh guys?" Carolina said pointing to the ground. We looked down and we all smiled. 8 soldiers scattered on the ground looking at us with fright. "Eat them. We need to replenish our energy. Be quick about it" Selene said. Be quick meant chew. "Want one?" Carolina asked Chris as she chewed up one man. "No thanks. I eat only girls" he said. "You're weird" Carolina said swallowing the pulped man. We gobbled down those soldiers. The grass was little red with drops of blood and tiny uniforms and boots. Carolina was messing with Chris by sucking one young man in and out of her mouth.

 

"God help me!" he screamed before she slurped him back into her maw. "Carolina" Selene said. Carolina frowned and silenced the tiny man's screams with a few chews. "Now Chris and Carolina stay here. Make sure we don't get surprised by anything else while we go inside" Selene said. "Awesome" Carolina said hugging Chris. Uh-oh. "Oy! Hands off!" Elise shouted. "What's the big deal with you?! Just having some fun during this shitty day" Carolina said. "It's not fun for me" Elise said coldly. "Both of you cut the shit. Carolina is there because she has the least experience. Chris is there because he can't do magic. Each one babysits the other" Selene said annoyed. They went silent seeing her displeased face.

 

The entrance was easy to find and easier to get into. Soldiers ran toward us only to be hit with shrinking spells. How many we crushed under out feet I didn't count but we all came to a conclusion it wasn't enough. "Something is off" Selene said. "I thought there would be more of them" I said. "There should be. Father's friends said they saw dozens coming out of here" Elise said. A man came out for a closed room and stabbed Selene. She cried out and let off a shrinking spell. The man was 4 inches tall and was dangerously close to his target. Selene placed her shoe on his chest. "You alright?" Elise asked seeing the blood flowing from her shoulder. "I'll be fine. If I hadn't turned at the last second he would have stabbed me in the throat. Got lucky. More than I can say for this little shit" Selene said eyes flaring with power. She began to bear down on the man. Very tiny cracking sounds came from him. He was howling in pain but he was smiling at the same time. "Ugh, he fucking smiling" Clara said. "What's so funny shrimp? You're about to suffer the same fate as old gum on a sidewalk" Elise said.

 

Something was all wrong about this scene. The lack of resistance, the ease of this attack, the way this fucker smiled at us as Selene was crushing his ribcage. "Something's off. Hold off killing him" I said.   Selene relaxed her foot. The man coughed blood and looked at me. "Mind slave" I said invoking the spell. The man's mind was guarded. He was trained very well but luck wasn't on his side. Normally this spell won't work on someone with such a disappointed mind but he was dealing with a chest full of broken ribs. Ask anyone and they can tell you it's very hard to concentrate with the pain of broken bones. The pain was like a drill boring its way past his mental defenses. I broke through them and saw to my horror what he was keeping secret.

 

Images in his mind. Below in the lowest level was a steel case the size of a textbook with a radiation symbol on it. "It's a trap. IT'S A TRAP!" I yelled. "What?!" Elise yelled. "They placed a nuke underneath the base! They lured us here to take us all out at once!" I yelled. "Oh god. Oh god..." Clara muttered. "I don't wanna die!" Neri sobbed. "How much time we got!" Selene yelled. "Seconds whore. There was only a minute left when I attacked you. Burn...in hell!" the tiny man cackled. *CRUNCH* "you first" Selene muttered ending his life under her boot. We all tried to think of a spell to save our lives in the next few seconds but there wouldn't be enough time to use one. "Not like this. NOT LIKE THIS!" I screamed. My mind thought of mom, Chris, and Raf. Then I felt a rush of power in me sparked by panic. I screamed....

 

 

Everything was silent around me. No base sirens, so yelling, no movement whatsoever. "Oh god I stopped time" I muttered realizing what I'd done. I had done this before on impulse three years ago and it nearly killed me. Right now I could feel the energy drain on my body. I took advantage of the situation. I did a fireman's carry of Selene. Who knew something I learned in gym class would pay off for me? I carried my once mistress out of the base. I had no clue how big the blast would be. This was a nuke after all. I dropped her off a thousand feet away. I ran back to the base and grabbed Chris. He was frozen in mid-sentence with Carolina. They had no clue they were about to die. I dropped them off and went back to the base. 4 people left to save. Oh god I was so tired. I was running on fumes when I got to Elise.

 

The birds were frozen in the air as I passed under them carrying my one time bully now friend. I felt my very life slipping away. Blood poured from my nose. I dropped Elise off and turned to go back. My legs were like lead weights. My breathing became ragged. I stumbled forward a heard a low strange sound overhead. I looked up wondering how there was sound. "Oh god no" I muttered. Those birds frozen in the air were begging to move again. My Chronos spell was collapsing! "No...no" I said before falling to the ground. The world started again free of my spell. "How did we...Amber!" Selene yelled running toward me. "I tried. I tried" I muttered with tears in my eyes.  There was a low rumble underneath the earth and then a massive tremor. The bomb went off. The last thing I saw was a rising cloud and the hill collapsing.

 

I awoke in a room. "Is this heaven? No this is hell. No way would heaven look like an Academy dorm room" I said to myself. I weakly stood up out of the bed I was laying in and walked to the door. "Ow!" I said hitting the wall. My hands tried to open the door but couldn’t. I banged on it and realized it was some kind of plastic wall. "What the fuck?" I said. I began scratching on it in a panic. Some kind of paper peeled off. I tugged on it and ripped it off. To my astonishment I saw I was in an empty room...an enormous empty room. The door leading out was a good 150 ft. tall. Fear gripped my heart until I saw the door open. "Chris!" I yelled seeing him. He was gigantic! I knew now I was the tiny one. "Oh thank god you woke up!" Chris said running to the fake dorm container I was in. He picked me up and held me close to his face. "I thought you'd never wake up!" he cried.

 

"What's going on!? Get me out of here!" I yelled. Chris frowned. "I can't" he said. "Then put me on the floor! I don't want to be tiny right now" he said. "You can't unshrink yourself right now. That's what they said" he said. "Who?!" I yelled. "The ones who run this Academy" he frowned. Chris sat on the floor and sat me on his lap. He petted me on my head like he needed comfort. "A lot happened size we attacked that base sis. We survived of course thanks to you. We got lucky. The nuke was a baby. Two kilotons max. Just enough to kill us but not contaminate the country. We had no fucking clue how we ended up so far away in a blink of an eye until we saw your watch was 32 minutes fast. Selene realized you stopped time to save us. We were the only survivors. The other three girls didn't make it. After Selene stabilized you we hightailed it to the airport and got out just before the country went on lockdown. The news said an old Cold War bomb went off in a forgotten military installation. Panic set in within the hour with people fearing fallout. That area is contaminated but it didn't spread from there. We flew back to this Academy of yours to hide out. You've been out for three days. Three days..." he said starting to cry.

 

"Calm down. I'm okay...sort of. That doesn't explain my size and why I'm in this thing" I said. He wiped his tears away. "After we landed they took you into custody. They shrank you down and put you in here. This is a jail cell Amber. They healed you, fed you just enough souls for you to live and stuck you in here. Jesus Amber, the only reason I'm alive is because Selene vouched for me" he said. "I'm in jail for what?!" I yelled. "That I don't know. They are keeping me out of the loop because they say it's soul eater business" he said. He sighed and smiled at me. He began poking me in the chest. I felt uncomfortable feeling his finger touching me. Thank god I wasn't naked but the thin toga dress didn't help matters. "Hey quit it!" I yelled. "Sorry it's just you're my big sister but you're little now. My big little sister and you're cute this size" he smiled. "Well it weird for me to be treated like a plaything by my brother" I said. He looked away with a sad expression. "I didn't mean anything by it. I'm just happy you're alive is all" he said quietly. Ow...that hurt. I felt guilty now. "Bring me to your face" I said. He did and I hugged his cheek and kissed him. "Just be mindful about how others feel okay?" I said. He nodded.

 

He placed me back into my tiny cell. "I better get Raf. He would want to know you're up" he said. "You met him?" I asked. "He was one of the first to meet us. Man he freaked when he saw how bad you were. He loves you sis" he said. I sat on my bed trying not to cry as Chris went to get Raf. He came in and damn near ripped the door off the hinges. "Oh thank god!" he said snatching me up. I was dizzy from the movement as he hugged me. "Slow down!" I yelled as he kissed me all over. "Sorry, I missed you a lot and then I heard you nearly died" Raf said apologizing. "What's this about me being in this jail?" I asked. "They blame your for those girls dying plus other things. They say this is the result of a foolish act of an upstart soul eater. Things have gotten bad Amber. It's getting very hard to find shrunken people for us. The Order has cast a wide net for our kind. We're down to rationing now. Some of the students here are thinking about leaving. Fending for ourselves. We were about to join you guys until just recently. Amber they charged you with being a danger to our existence. They're talking about executing you" Raf said. The look in his eyes verged on panic.

 

"If they already thinking about killing me then why bother to keep me alive?" I asked. "Mistress Selene and Bell demanded you be given a trial. Now that you're awake it will probably begin tomorrow" he said. I was silent. My body trembled at the thought of me meeting my fate. I had no clue how they executed soul eaters. By articles of tenant we don't harm one another so it not a topic of conversation. Rag pulled me to his mouth and kissed my face. "I can't lose you like this! Amber I love you so much!" Raf cried. I kissed his lips and sucked on them. He calmed down feeling that. Raf was my boyfriend, my lover and he feared for me so much. If I was to die then at least I could be with him this last time. I pulled off the toga adoring my body. His fingers touched my bare breasts. I gripped his fingertip and moved it to my pussy. I moaned at his touch. He licked his finger with my juices on it. Rat brought me to his mouth and began licking me. My bare feet pressed against his cheeks as he ate my tiny cunt. I gripped his nose as I came. I lay panting in his palm. His deep acorn colored eyes full of sadness staring at me. "Use me Raf. Please use me so I don't feel so sad" I begged him. Raf unzipped his pants and rugged his briefs down. His erect cock stood straight up.

 

Raf gently pressed me onto the shaft and began stroking me up and down it. His hand felt so soft and warm to me like it could keep me safe even if it was just for one day. Faster and faster he stroked me up and down his erect cock. He moaned from the pleasure my tiny body gave him. I could feel my own orgasm building. The feeling of my hard nipples striking his throbbing vein running along his shaft and my clit tingling for every bump along the length. I yelled and he moaned as we came. Rag quickly shot off a spurt and jammed my pussy right on top of his cock slit. I felt my vagina quickly fill up with his semen. He just held me there until he finished. He looked at me a chuckled like he was forcing himself to laugh. He put me back in my cell and I used the bedsheets to clean up my messy pussy. He watched me intensely as I dressed myself again. I felt drops of warm water hit my head. I looked up to see him silently sobbing. "I don't want you to die!" he sobbed. The door opened again and this time it was Selene.

 

"It going to be okay Rafael. I'm not going to let her die" she said knowing why he was crying. He patted his back and kissed his head. "Really?" he asked. "Honest to god. Now I need to speak to her alone" she replied. Raf nodded and left the room. She picked me up and sat me on the floor and then sat down and crossed her legs. "I meant what I said. I'm not letting you die. I'm going to be your defender for the trial" she said. "I didn't even know we have them" I said. "We do it just doesn't happen very often" she replied. "What going to happen?" I asked. "The council will bring charges against you while I argue your innocence. Then it's put to a vote. If found guilty you will be executed" she said somberly. "May I ask how?" I said. "The usual business is tearing the convicted apart and eating the pieces. It's a mutual execution thing. Kinda how firing squads have that one guy with the blank cartridge. Nobody knows who caused the fatal wound" she said. "Sounds like you had to do this before" I said. "Long ago yes. One of our kind decided to appoint himself a chosen king and use his powers to rule Britannia by proxy. I was one of those who executed him. Poor Merlin..." she whispered. I didn't know which part to blown away by. The part about Merlin being real and one of us or how I could be eaten piece by piece.

 

She went over what was going to happen. There were 10 Mistresses total but only 7 would be on this council. Selene would defend me. A mistress would prosecute me and Senna was out trying to procure better ways of finding people for us to eat. "Who's the prosecutor?" I asked. "Cretia" Selene answered. "Figures. That bitch has had it in for me since the Trials" I said. "I noticed that too. She was very eager to eat you. She didn't take it too well when you spoiled her dinner escaping out of her like that" Selene said. "How's Elise and Carolina?" I asked. "Carolina is very worried about you. She took to you like a little sister. Thanks for that. You can see that the Mistress/apprentice relationship is deeper than it seems. Like siblings, parents, or even lovers. As for Elise...she's not doing well" she said. "Does she blame me?" I asked. Selene picked me up and stroked my face with her finger. "On honey no. She knows you tried, we all do. We saw how you almost died saving us. You set a record you know?  Nobody has ever kept that spell going for so long. Elise has been reclusive since we got back. I can't blame her. Her friends were vaporized after all. Well, not all of her friends" she said poking me.

 

After what had happened she still considered me a friend. "I'm going to get you some dinner" Selene said. She left the room and brought back regular food. I was not allowed any souls whatsoever for security reasons. Later that night as I looked at my giant room past the clear plastic walls I saw my pendant glowing in the dark. Dad's soul was like a shining star piercing the darkness. A reminder that hope can defeat hopelessness.

 

I was brought to the council chamber in chains. Chains made from a necklace chain. A fine gold chain wrapped around my ankles and wrists and was locked down to a wood plank by screws. Chained down like some vermin. The room itself was as big as a gymnasium to me and 7 figures sat behind a bench like goddesses deciding fates of mortals. Selene stood next to me like a guardian titan.  "Attention. This council will come to order. Mistress Cretia has petitioned charges to be brought forth against Mistress Amber Grayson. The charges are as follows: inciting a war involving soul eaters. Exposing our existence to a human that isn't a mate or food. Damaging our safety in terms of procuring food i.e. humans. And finally causing the deaths of three soul eaters in training. How do you plead?" Mistress Anessa asked. "Not Guilty!" I yelled in a squeaky voice. Cretia huffed.

 

"Prosecution will go first" Anessa said. "Ladies of the council. This will be the shortest trial in our history. I say this because the facts or indisputable. Let's start with the fact before she left here Amber Grayson stated she wanted revenge for the death of her father. She willingly chose to destroy key locations belonging to the Order. This provoked the response of them tightening their searches for us and making it harder for us to find humans that won't be missed. This is not a war of our choosing. This is not the circumstances we wished for. No, this is the result of a soul eater who has taken it upon herself to change the world without thinking of the consequences. As for the human. She has stated she has no wish to mate with him nor wishes for him to become our food. His knowledge let alone his bloodline are a threat to us. I propose that after this trial is over I be allowed to eat the human to protect us" Cretia said with a wicked smile.  "NOOOO!" I screamed.

 

"Out of order!" Anessa yelled. A tiny stream of electricity shot from her fingertip and hit me in the chest. I screamed in pain. My skin tingled and a second degree burn developed where I was struck. It was a sober reminder how precarious my situation was. Just the weakest lightning spell could fry my tiny form and I had no energy to heal myself.   "And the saddest part of this crime is the deaths of Clara Newton, Neri Slavenia, and Kiyoko Yamagata. All who died in the misguided path Amber Grayson laid out for them" Cretia said. "What say you in defense?" Anessa asked us. "Ladies these allegations are being brought into an askewed light. Yes, Amber did bring us into a war we didn't ask for but one that was coming eventuality. I myself rebuked Amber Grayson for this war but she retorted that this war would have come eventually and she would most likely be right. Belle, when you became a soul eater the height of human weaponry was the repeating pistol. Within a hundred years it became a bomb that could take out a city of millions. What would it be a hundred years from now? Viruses that could kill us and leave humans untouched? Weaponized satellites that can vaporize us from orbit? Even though we are immortal, time is not on our side. The time to strike against them is now."

 

"As for Chris Grayson, the human you fear so much, he has proven he is trustworthy. He saved our lives in the last skirmish with risk to his own and more importantly Elise Windbloom has chosen him to be her mate. As per tradition, none may harm the mate of a soul eater. The subject of the poor girls dying is a tragic one. We grieve for their loss but there is one who grieves even more; Elise. She lost her friends that day but does not blame Amber Grayson. The reason for this is one this council and particularly Cretia here have forgotten. They chose their paths of their own free will. They knew the risk as soon as the word war was mentioned. Amber Grayson isn't guilty of any of these charges but she is guilty of shaking us out of our complacency" Selene said to them. I was touched by her words but was the council touched as well? "We will convene while we reach a decision" Anessa said. All 7 of them stood up and walked out of the room to the back.

 

"Thanks for what you said" I said to Selene. "I meant every word" she said back. "Save the sentiment for someone who will live past tomorrow" Cretia said. "Kiss my ass you pretentious bitch!" I yelled. She walked over and bent down very close to me. I could feel her hot moist breath on my skin. "I'll do that and more when the time comes. I'll make sure to request your tiny ass to eat when we divide you up like fresh meat" Cretia said licking her lips. I couldn't stop a trickle of pee run down my leg. A bright blue glow came from underneath her head. Cretia raised her head slowly and I saw Selene's fingertips under her chin glowing and sparking. "Step away from her or I swear to the gods I will fire off enough electricity to light your skull up like a light bulb filament" she said coldly. Cretia backed away slowly. "You can't protect her from what's coming" Cretia said. "Can you protect yourself from me?" Selene said. They stared each other down until Cretia looked away. The council had returned...

 

"That's was too quick" Selene muttered. "We have come to a verdict. Amber Grayson has been found guilty by a vote of 4 to 3" Anessa said. "NOOO!" Selene screamed. Cretia cackled at the verdict. Two mistresses stepped down and came toward us. Selene stepped between me and them. "Don't do this Selene. Even you can fight us all" one mistress said. "I can try Shen" Selene muttered. The chamber doors burst open and a huge gust of wind followed. We all turned around and saw that it was Senna. "Stop right there. This trial isn't over" she said. "We have already read the verdict. It is over" Anessa said. "Until the sentence is carried out it isn't. I know the rules" Senna said. "What difference does it make if you're here?" Cretia spat out. "Oh I see where this is going" Selene whispered to me. "All the difference. If a mistress is present and not of either defense or prosecution she may serve on the council. With that I mind I vote innocence in the case of Mistress Amber" Senna said.

 

"WHAT?! You haven't even heard testimony!" Cretia yelled. "I heard enough from the human called Chris. He found me at the docks and immediately told me what had happened and what was happening. You have a sweet little brother there Amber" Senna said bending down to talk to me. Anessa and Cretia looked super pissed. "That means the vote is tied" Selene said. "Is that so? You all know what that's means yes?" Senna asked everyone. "No dammit she's guilty!" Cretia screamed. "Release her..." Anessa hissed. I was lost at what had just happened. "When there’s a tie the accused is immediately acquitted" Selene said smiling. I was free? I was free! As soon as those chains were off me I jumped into Selene's hands. Freedom never felt so good.

She carried me to my real dorm room. She grew me back to my old size and hugged me tightly. "You should celebrate with your friends" Selene said walking out. I grabbed her hand. "I plan too. Starting with you" I said. I saw tears fall from her eyes.

 

We got so drunk on wine that night I'm surprised I remember anything. Me, Raf, Selene, Chris and a somber Elise were crammed into my room. "Come on Elise cheer up. They wouldn't want you be sad forever" Chris said. Elise shrugged as she gulped another mouthful of wine. "I'll let you do things to me. Don't you want my tiny body to be crammed into your pussy? Gasping for air. Hoping your goddess like cunt won't crush my puny body" Chris whispered into her ear. Her face was getting more flush by the second. Fuck even I was getting turned on. He turned her head and missed her deeply. Elise returned it. She glowed for split second and we watched both of them dwindle in size. They were only an inch big on the carpet. Elise led him to a corner of the room where she began tugging off his clothes. Chris must have objected but I couldn’t hear him at that size. Elise tackled him and forcefully tore off his clothes. She stripped down as well. It was like two baby mice mating in my corner. Funny squeaks came from them. I realized I was watching my brother fuck and picked up a book.

 

I cracked open the spine and sat it over them. The two mated under a tent made of a hardbound copy of Oliver Twist. "Still a bit of a prude" Selene muttered. She was sloshed. She had been putting it away with abandon. "Forgive me if I don't want to see my brother fuck" I said. Selene sighed. "The part about being a soul eater is you have to let go of human social constraints. I'm glad they're fucking. I'm surprised you haven't fucked him yourself. He is cute and has our bloodline" she said. I looked at her like she was nuts. "What? We need offspring Amber regardless of social constraints. Guess how many of us are out there in the world. 63. That's how many. 32 of them are right here. Think about that for a second and see if anything is odd about that" she said. I did think about it. It was very odd.

 

"We wondered for untold centuries why so few of us were born soul eaters and so many were born human" she said looking at the book on the floor where two tiny people were making love. "Selene if I had to speculate I'd say it was a part of nature. I learned back in biology class that the number of predators is proportionate to the number of prey" I said. "It's a nice theory. A sensible one. If we bred like humans then they'd gone extinct long ago but logic has no place in the heart. I've had to watch my offspring and descendants grow old and die over and over and over. I'm so glad Carolina..." she said starting to weep. "Selene there's something you should know" I said. Before I could tell her what I had been working on in secret Raf, who had been snoozing in the corner woke up and hugged me from behind. I had an annoyed look on my face. "Don't be that way. Poor boy was hysterical when he learned of the trial. Go have some fun with him" Selene said.

 

As he held me I saw the world getting bigger. Raf was shrinking us. He wasn't just shrinking us though. He was using a wind spell to keep us in the air. "Uh Raf....we're getting pretty small now" I said worried. Selene was incredibly huge sitting on my bed. We were no bigger than flies now. As he held onto me he spun me around and kissed my lips. Yeah he was drunk alright but I could see the bliss in those eyes of his. We kissed harder unto, we found ourselves shucking off our clothes. We were so tiny and high in the air our clothes just gently drifted down like snowflakes. Naked and tiny in the air and horny as fuck. I felt his cock part my nether regions. Even this tiny he was still big down there hehe...

 

I moaned into his mouth and then I felt a breeze. We had zoomed out of the room and down the hall. We flew through the east wing of the academy like lustful flies. Raf fucking me the whole time. Between moans I spotted Carolina waking down the hallway. We flew right past her nose and she swatted at us not knowing we weren’t insects. Raf groaned and I felt his cum surge into me. He panted and looked at me not with bliss now but with nervousness. He mumbled something. "What was that?" I asked. "Will you become my wife?" he asked. I was speechless. He took my silence for a no. He looked so dejected and hurt. I grabbed his head. I kissed him. "Yes, I will become your wife" I said with teary eyes. Sweet mother of god I swear he got hard again inside me! I could literally see his heart pounding in his tiny chest. I looked my legs around his waist and let him breed me.

 

This fuck was much slower and sensual then the last one. We just floated by doors in the hallway as he pushed in and out of my cunt. His hands squeezed my breasts and my nails scratched his back. I can't even remember how long we fucked that time but by the time we floated back into my room we were both exhausted. With one final push and groan we came together. He let loose so much cum it dripped out of me onto the carpet. Of course you'd never notice a cum stain that tiny. We began floating down and then falling. "Raf!" I yelled. He was passed out cold. Wine and fucking took him to lala land. I was scared. I hadn't eaten souls again yet and couldn't restore out size. A fall like this was like falling 800 ft. We landed on something soft, wet, and musky. I looked around and saw where we landed. Either it was good or bad luck but we landed on giant pussy. My eyes traced the ginormous body to Selene’s face. Apparently after we had left she got horny on her own. Far way I saw the book had been moved and Elise and Chris cuddled together. I bet she masturbated watching them. I was tangled by my ankle on her public hair and was straddling her clit. Raf had landed in a better position landing square in her bush. Lucky bastard.

 

Every time I tried to move I heard a deafening moan. Selene could feel me. Last thing I needed to happen would be to become a smear on her finger when she tried scratching a figurative or literal itch.  Bad thing is I needed her help getting unshrunk. I had to climb to her ear. It was the only way for her to hear me. I tugged hard on that pubic hair to get free and it yanked out by the root. Selene yelped and looked down. Oh God please let her see me!  She quickly reached down and I saw two fingers coming for me. Oh shit they're coming too fast! I barely dodged them as they rubbed where I had been. I was this close to becoming a red dot on her pussy. It was sheer luck she didn't crush Raf. I quickly grabbed her fingernail and held on for dear life. She dropped her hand onto her chest and began dozing off again.

 

"That was close" I muttered. My bare feet just sank into her copper skin as I walked up her chest. She fidgets in her sleep as she feels me walking on her skin. I pass her breasts and marvel at the size. Like 8 story domes of flesh they heaved as she breathed. Her nipple alone was twice my size. It took me a whole half hour to climb up her black shiny hair to her ear. I leaned on the inside of her ear. Funny how natural things can get more disgusting the smaller you get. I felt her earwax between my toes. It gave me the willies. "Selene wake up!" I shouted. She moaned slightly. "Godammit wake up!" I yelled. I felt her head move slightly. I needed to say something to really get her awake. "I'M GETTING MARRIED!" I screamed as hard as I could. "Wha?" she said waking up. "Could've swore I heard Amber say she was getting married" Selene said shaking her head. "Stop moving so much!" I yelled. "Amber?" she asked looking around for me. "I'm in your ear!" I yelled. "Fuck you doing in there?!" she said. "Long story! Can you help me out?!" I yelled. She placed her hand near her ear and I hopped on. She laughed when she saw me.

 

"Not funny at all" I said annoyed. She put me back on the bed and unshrank me after making sure Raf didn't become a cunt smear. "Ugh...you smell" she said. "Thanks to you" I said pointing to her pussy. She blushed and realized her panties were gone. I told her quickly what happened. "That is too funny" Selene said. I looked at her coldly. "So he asked you to marry him. I happy for you guys" Selene said. She went to hug me but stopped smelling me. "I think we need to get some souls in you but first..." she said pointing to the bathroom. I emerged pussy juice and earwax free. Selene took me to the cafeteria which was closed at the time but in the far back we could see a light. As we approached we heard music. "Walk Like an Egyptian" was playing from a stereo. Senna was humming along and was placing shrunken humans into separate cages. We damn near scared her to death when she turned around.

 

"Gods dammit you two! Why are you here so late?" she asked. "These the new crop?" Selene asked coming closer to the screaming humans. "Yeah, a warlord in Africa asked me to take care of some ethnic problems of his. So now we got this. I swear, times change but humans don't. And they call us monsters. Hope nobody is picky about eating them" Senna said. "Trust me we won't" Selene said. Hundreds of shrunken Africans some no bigger than an inch rattled cages and screamed in different dialects to be set free. I saw why Senna was sent there. She knows Africa by heart. It is her homeland. No surprise she spoke many of its languages. "Amber here hasn't fed" Selene said. "Aw you poor thing. Leave it to big sister Senna" she said. She drummed her fingers over the cage top looking for one for me. She found one and popped the top. A boy around 2 1/2 inches around 13 was plucked from the group. A woman screamed seeing it. Must have been his mother. She placed the boy in my hand.  He shook in fear. My mouth watered. I crammed him into my mouth and began chewing him up immediately. God I didn't know how famished I was. I swallowed what was left and felt his soul being absorbed.

 

"More" I grumbled. Senna stepped to the side and gestured me to have more. I grabbed another. An older one this time, male in his late 20's. A sucked on him a little before chewing. His screams were drowned out by my moaning. Each one I ate I felt myself again. I had eaten 5 and I decided just one more. No need to be a glutton. I plucked up and middle aged teen. Even this tiny he was hung. I sucked on his dick and he fought but like all men before him his body betrayed itself. Soon he was shooting his tiny seed into my mouth. His soul wafted in the air begging to be devoured. I pushed on his naked ass and in he went. I sucked on him to the point he came again. More of his tasty soul leaked out until I couldn't take it anymore. I swallowed him still alive. Selene plucked a girl out of the mix and frowned. "Pregnant. We don't do pregnant" Selene said. I looked closer at who she had ensnared. A 17 or so girl who was ready to pop.

 

"Believe me I know. Being a mother I understand but at this stage in the game we can no longer be choosy. Case in point" Senna said reaching down. She plucked up a boy so small I had to squint. He was at most 7 years old. Senna shrugged and tossed the crying kid into her mouth and swallowed. I glanced over at Selene as she gulped the poor pregnant teen down. I lost my appetite.  "Excuse me" I said walking away quickly. "What's with her?" Senna asked. "Amber still clings to her humanity. She didn't like what she saw earlier" Selene replied. "Neither do I but it’s better than starving to death" Senna said. I was mad at myself and mad at the situation I created.

 

Unintended consequences was the theme for this week. I couldn't fix the past but I could fix the future. I decided to channel my anger. I walked to the opposite side of the Academy into the hall reserved for the mistresses. There was one room in particular I looked for. "Mistress Cretia" I said finding the plaque on the door. I listened and heard light snoring. Good. A simple magnetism spell unlocked her door which I gently opened. There she was sleeping in a large bed in an ornately decorated room. I saw a small cage on her dresser. I barely made it out in the moonlight but I could see tiny people inside sleeping. How they slept I don't know seeing how your next day could end in somebody's large intestines.

 

I sat down in a chair near her bed. I watched her for a moment. Such a pretty face hiding such an ugly soul. I pointed my finger at her and shot a shrinking spell from my fingertip. I cracked a smile as she dwindled in size until she disappeared underneath the covers. I peeled them back to reveal her shrunken 5 inch body. "Wake up" I said poking her. She lightly murmured and rolled over on her back. "WAKE UP!" I yelled plucking her face gently. She yelped from the pain. Yes I did it gently but at her size it was like being punched in the face. "Oh god" she muttered seeing my giant face looming over her. I yanked her from the bed very quickly. "You didn't think it was over between us did you? DID YOU?!" I yelled squeezing her. She grimaced from the pain. "I was only looking out for our kind! I meant nothing personal!" she cried. I placed my finger on her chest and pushed down. A tiny snap filled my ears and then her screams. "I hate liars I really do. I know you have some hair up your ass concerning me. I bet it stems from me showing you up in front of the others during the Trial of Life"

 

"Consider that hair officially plucked" I said. "Please don't eat me!" she begged. "Eat you? Condemn you to what you tried to condemn me too? Or what you threaten to do to my brother? Oh no. I'm not going to eat you Cretia. You won't learn a thing from that. I'm here tonight to teach you a lesson. The lesson is this: threaten someone with power at your peril. I'm not some weak human you can frighten or torture like those over in your cage there. I have the power to stop those who seek to harm those weaker than themselves out of spite, starting with you. If I have to spell it out for you then here it is. Focus your misplaced anger on someone that's a safe target for you like the coward you are. If you so much as threaten me or my loved ones EVER again I will eat you. Not swallow you whole or chew you up. I will eat you like you're fucking corn on the cobb. Bit by fucking bit" I said very coldly.  She nodded. "Don't fucking nod! Swear out loud!" I yelled. "I swear I won't harm you, your brother or your loved ones!" she yelled. I placed my fingers around her tiny, toned leg and squeezed hard. The bone snapped like a matchstick. She screamed loudly. "That's so you won't forget your promise" I said dropping her back on the bed.

 

I closed her door like nothing happened and returned to my room. Man did it feel good to have my magic back! I felt so helpless without it. Like I was human again. Losing my magic was like losing your sense of taste, smell, or touch. Everything felt so disconnected. I gently carried Elise and Chris in my hands to her room. It felt kinda icky holding those sticky naked bodies especially Chris'.  Raf was still on my table dozing. Only an inch big. I gently picked him up to admire his cute little body. So cute and delectable. Oh god Amber...get ahold of yourself. He proposed to you. Still...I don't have to swallow. With that bit of reasoning I placed him on my tongue and closed my mouth. I could taste his salty sweat. My mouth instinctively watered. Surprisingly he didn't wake up. He just laid there on my tongue on his back. I walked to the bathroom and took him out of my mouth. I grew him to 5 inches to clean him up. Raf I love you so much. After he was clean again I carried him to my bed where I snuggled with him till I fell asleep.

 

I woke late in the morning and saw Raf was gone. After showering and getting dressed I went to the cafeteria. The apprentices were talking until I stepped in. I swear you could hear a pin drop. I sat down to enjoy my breakfast. "Look who showed up" I heard Chris say behind me. Chris sat down as well as Elise. It was the first time me really looking at her since the incident (she kept to herself until she got drunk last night). "How you doing?" I asked her. "Hungover" she replied. "No I mean how are you doing in here" I said pointing to her heart. She sighed. "Better" she quietly replied. "I'm giving up my crusade against the Order" I said. Wow did she look pissed. "Shut your gob” she said angrily. "Elise they used nukes against us. We can't keep doing this" I said. "Oh yes we will. Otherwise my friends died for nothing" she said. "Am I missing something?" Carolina said sitting down. "Elise wants to keep fighting" I said. "Cool when do we go back out?" she said. "Are all of you out of your fucking minds?! They used nuke you idiots! No magic in the world can defend against that!" I yelled. All eyes were on us. "Quiet all of you. I want to see all of you in the commons later this evening" Senna said behind me collecting trays. 

 

All of us didn't know what we were summoned for. We knew it was related to our heated debate though. We all walked to the commons as the sun waned in the sky. When we got there we saw Senna, Selene, and two other mistresses waiting for us. "We wanted some privacy so we all could discuss what's happening. I, Selene, Chen, and Belle have come to a conclusion that we have reached a point of no return. In order for us to survive the coming times we have to destroy the Order. We all agree that in light of them using a weapon of mass destruction, they have proven themselves too dangerous to us and their fellow humans" Senna said. "They were moved by what happened at the trial Amber. We got ourselves a real combat force this time" Selene said. "I...I don't what to say" I stammered.   "Say you’re coming with us sugah" Belle said. "...count me in" I said. "Me too" Elise said. "Me three" Chris said after kissing Elise. "And me too" Carolina said. Selene was about to object but she saw this was a fight for her future too and had the right to be in it.

 

"When do we leave?" I asked. "Three days. We need three days for planning and prep" Chen said. The next night we met up again to discuss plans. "Alright everyone, we need to see how we're going to go about ending this war in our favor" Selene said. "I know one thing. We can't attack those branch bases. I'm willing to bet they booby trapped them like the one back in England" I said. "Agreed. Attacking them is not an option" Senna said. "Then how the hell we supposed to stop them then?" Belle asked. "We’ve been attacking them like one would attack a hydra. Cutting off heads and burning what's left. What we need to do now is strike at the heart. Kill the source of their strength" Selene said. "You mean..." Chris was saying...

 

"Yes. We need to attack their HQ. End this in one decisive stroke" Senna said. "They have to have a massive force guarding that!" I said. "And we have over 20,000 years combined experience in combat magic" Chen said flexing her fist. "Why so cagey now Amber?" Elise asked. "I don't want to lose anybody else is all" I said. "That's my line" Elise said chuckling. I felt ashamed seeing her so strong and me so reluctant. She lost people she cared for too. "Then we just have to promise each other we won't die" Senna said smiling. "Fucking A" I said smiling. And so that's how that meeting ended. The next night we went over logistics. God bless google maps. My info stole from their base told me the location of their HQ. Rome. That was our next destination. Jesus. Bet Rome hadn't seen so many tanks since WWII.

 

We decided on a ground assault. That way we could use the terrain literally to our advantage. Once that was done Senna brought out cages for each of us (minus Chris). Inside was a least a hundred people. All shrunken even further down. The tallest was just one inch. This is why I told all of you not to eat anything. Finish them all. We need every bit of souls for this job" she said. Fuck me that's a lot to eat. Everyone began eating them like they were Cheetos. I hesitated when I plucked a bunch up and saw some were kids. "All of them Amber" Senna said. "But they're kids" I complained. "No buts. You have a good heart. We all see that but your humanity you cling so hard too will get you killed. This is war and war is a dirty fucking business" she said sternly. This is what it came down to; eating kids. It put perspective on my revenge streak. I see why now people have said that revenge cuts both ways.

 

A whole hour ticked by. Everyone had finished their meal but me. I was bloated from so many inside me. Halfway through I stopped swallowing them whole. Their wriggling inside me was making me sick. Chewing them wasn't helping either. My tongue had gone taste blind from their blood. 4 of them left. A middle aged man screamed and tried to hold on to others as I pulled him away from the now absent crowd. His screams abruptly ended when I chewed him up. I crammed the last of them into my mouth and chewed. Everyone had left by then except Raf. I saw he was worried about me. After swallowing I just sat there groaning. "Are you going to be okay?" he asked me. My answer was me barfing. He looked with disdain as tiny skulls, bones, and half-digested meat little red the once green grass.

 

I sat there weeping. Raf said not one word as he hugged me.   I felt so warm in his arms. Wait... too warm. Something was wrong!" Get away!" I yelled. I pushed Raf away just as a burst of power shot from my body. "Dios mio! Are you okay?!" he yelled. "I've never had so many souls in me Raf! I'm trying to contain it all!" I yelled. He gripped my hand hard and I felt his own energy in it. We all were radiating power to the point of bursting. His hand shook. I saw he was trying to contain it also. "Focus. Think of a door in your mind. One to your very soul. Now close it" he said. I did and felt the power began to stabilize. "Why did that happen to me and not you?" I asked. "Your soul is conflicted. It caused that influx of power to be unstable. I'll take you to your room" he said picking me up in his arms. "I'm not a baby" I said. "No you're a princess being carried by her prince" he said. "Smartass" I whispered. "Your smartass" he whispered back.

 

We were told to relax the third day and give our bodies time to adjust to so much soul energy. You ever had a caffeine rush that made you jittery? Multiply that by a hundred and you know how I felt. It actually took concentration to use magic. I accidentally used magic to enlarge a piece of cake just by wishing it was bigger. I slept with Raf that night wishing that night would never end. In the middle of the night I stood before my bathroom mirror trying to find the words to the final verse to my spell. The one I had been working on for 3 years. When I muttered the final word the mirror cracked. The words had become so powerful they had power all on their own. I looked at myself and wondered if dad would hate me for what I was now. I ate a hundred people the other night. How do you love someone who does that? I started to cry. A hand squeezed my shoulder and saw it was Raf. I had woken him up.

 

"How can you possibly love me?" I wept. "The fact you hesitated eating them proves you have a good heart. Proves that you still have that spark of humanity in you. God willing there will be a time when you look back and say what I did I did without choice. It's not as important what we do it's how we cope with what we did. Not a single one of us liked that. Madré...the look on that young girl's face as I lowered her into my mouth. I won't forget that for a long time. Don't change Amber. Be the woman you want to be, the one I fell in love with" he said. His words hung in my ears as I lay in bed. Bad deeds don't define a person's character. The ambivalence to them does.

 

The sun rose like any other day but today would define history. I made my way to the academy entrance to meet the others and was stunned to see apprentices there was well. 6 fresh faces and judging by how they carried themselves barely out of their first year of training. "They heard about our trip from Carolina" Elise said. I gave her a pissed off look. "What? They're my new friends. They asked why I was sneaking out and I didn't want to lie" Carolina said. Selene shook her head. "This isn't a field trip. We're going out to either kill or be killed" Chen said. "That's fine. We can defend ourselves. "We have no time for this. Defend yourselves then" Elise said snatching a gun from Chris' holster and pointing it at the girls. The girls freaked and then Elise fired it. One shot at each girl; 6 in all. 4 of the girls deflected it with a gravity spell. The other two didn't. Fortunately Elise was a decent shot and they got just flesh wounds in their shoulders.

 

"You 4 can come. You two stay" Elise said. The girls even with bullets in them protested. "You two couldn't stop one measly bullet. The Order has waiting for us machine guns, tanks, rockets, bloody hell knows what else. Stay here and live a bit longer" Elise said coldly. With that done we were off to the airport. We had 13 in our group. Hehe....guess 13 is going to be an unlucky number for somebody.

Chapter End Notes:

final commercial break