- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

and now the stunning conclusion

"This is creepy. Ow!" Eve said. We shushed her and she grabbed her mouth. She was hopping on one foot. She had stubbed her foot into a Hummer H3...one only a foot long. Tough fucker. Eve put a massive dent in it.  "God above its so quiet. She shrank them all" Amber said. "Where is her goons?" I asked. We cautiously walked deeper into town. "Where is she?" Eve asked. "If I was a megalomaniacal shrinker with a God complex where would I be?" I asked. "City hall" we all said looking at each other. As we walked toward it we heard a sound. "Over there" I pointed out. In the distance was the police station. The front was pulverized. Something big had hit it. Is that a person? "Look out!" Eve said aiming her gun. "No! That's the sheriff!" I yelled. We dashed over to him. "Janet! I thought that was you!" he said. "How do you tell the difference by looking?" Amber asked. "I've known these girls since they were born. Besides Janet has this way of pushing her glasses up on her face all the time" he said.

 

"Mr. Dearborn! You're okay! Are there others?!" I asked. "Only a few. Your sister...God help me it sounds crazy...she shrank everyone else. Her and her fucking black dressed friends. Janet, these people she got with her, they're people we all know. They just swooped in and began shrinking people. The only ones spared were ones who know how to keep the utilities running. She's still looking for ones in hiding" he said. "How many?" I asked. "A few dozen. Hiding in basement and bomb shelters" he said. "Do you know where her cronies are at?" I asked. He pointed to city hall. "Well we know where to go" Amber said. "No! They stole guns from my lockup! That and that weird shrinking magic of theirs you'd stand no chance!" he yelled. He saw we were determined either way. "At least take some vests" he said. On that we agreed.

 

He led us down to the basement. He wasn't kidding. They took every gun and grenade.  I'm surprised they didn't take the vests. Eve put hers on easily. Amber was helped by Eve. Amber went back above. "Watch her" I said. Eve nodded. "Do you know how many she has working for her?" I asked. “14 now" he replied. I was caught off guard. Not by the number but how he said it. So exact. No guessing.  I was having trouble locking the straps. "Can you help me?" I asked. "Sure. Turn around" he said. I felt his hand on my shoulder and then the world grew. I quickly turned around to see his pants leg. Sticking out at the ankle was black cloth. "....no" I said. He grabbed me quickly and pinned my arms. Judging by the size of his hand he had shrunk me to about 4 inches. "You’re one of them!" I yelled.  "No shit. The goddess will reward me bringing her to you. About your friends, well I guess I can shrink them small enough to put them in this tic tac box. Won't be much of a threat then" he said holding the mint box with his left hand. He smiled looking at me.

 

"She said not to harm you but I can some fun right? Always did think you were pretty" he said. He began tugging off my shoes and then my socks. "Cute little feet you got" he said fondling them. "Amber! Eve! HELP!" I screamed. He began licking my tiny feet. "I'd had some fun with the other residents of this town when she found me worthy of sharing her power. Remember Courtney? You two were thick as thieves literally. She became a teacher after you left for college. Had fun with her a few days ago. I felt bad when I decided to eat her. That didn't last long though. The way she wriggled around in my belly was fantastic. Now let's see that cute little pussy of yours" he said. I screamed as this 50 year old man began pulling off my jeans. He chuckled at me squirming until he acted like he couldn’t breathe. He turned around. "Didn't think you were legit. The way you looked at her. Don't bother speaking or moving for that matter. That paralyzing tingle you feel is me sending tiny pulses of lightning into your nerves. Similar to being tased but only in one part of the body. Your muscles are locked. More specifically the ones in your upper body. Abdominal muscles frozen so you can't breathe. Biceps frozen so you can cast you spell" Amber said.

 

Her finger was his upper chest. It glowed blue. She reached around and yanked me and my clothes from his grasp. "Allow me Janet" she said. Within a second he shrank down to just an inch and had me grown back to normal. Barely any effort to her. "Janet please! I wasn't going to hurt you!" he yelled. "No you were just gonna rape me. Here, you like my feet right?" I said placing my foot over him. He began to run. I simply pressed down and pinned him. "Don't like my sole? You did a minute ago. You even licked them" I said pressing down. His head was between my toes. "Please don't kill me!" he cried. "Did Courtney ask you that before you ate her?!" I said. I prolonged his death. His tiny fists beat against my saliva we sole. He screamed from pain until his body just popped like a ketchup packet. Eve came down wondering what was taking so long. "Oh my god" she muttered. "This town has no normal people left in it. Anyone our size is an enemy" I said putting my clothes back on. 

 

"There really could be survivors here" Eve said. "Bet they were. This fuck said they were hiding in basements and bomb shelters. I think that wasn't a lie. He knew that because he and his shitty friends found them. Hard to hide from people who were your neighbors. Hope you burn in hell Mr. Dearborn" I said grinding his carcass into the cold cement floor. We stepped outside. We got partway until a group of 5 came running from the corner. “Shoot to wound" one said. "Shield" Amber said. A wall of force protected us from gunfire. "Spell them!" another said seeing the standard attack wouldn't work. That was where I came in. I stepped forward and began deflecting their spells. So many! It reminded me of ping pong without the paddle. "Carbine mode" Eve told her gun. It transformed into a rifle. The first one died from a shot to the chest. Another fell from a headshot. Eve was picking them off easily. The two left got desperate.

 

They pulled out grenades. "No you don't. Gravity" she said. A half second after pulling the pins they were pushed to their knees. "Try throwing them with 8 G's pulling on you" Amber said. We grinned as they blew themselves up. "How many you guess are left?" Eve asked. "9. He told me there were 14" I said. "You believe that shit?" Amber asked. "Yep. Cocky fuck had no reason to lie. He thought he had us dead to rights" I said. "Well he had the dead part right. We need to make a run for it. That blast will mark our position" Eve said checking her rifle. We dashed for city hall. "Wait here for a sec" Amber said. She went behind the side and retuned moments later. "Everything okay?" I asked. "Setting up insurance" Amber said. Amber cautiously opened the doors with a wind spell.

 

Unnerving part was there was no opposition.  In fact the nine stood in two lines. "This way please" one said. We were on guard as we were led to the auditorium. There she sat. In the mayor’s seat. "Sorry for the rude welcome. Some here think it would curry favor if they delivered all of you to me personally" June said. "Where is my family?!" Amber shouted. June snapped her fingers and an acolyte stepped forward with a hamster cage. "Now come forward" June said. Amber walked ahead of us closer to her. She could see her mom, brother, daughter, and husband inside. "Release them" she said. June nodded to the acolyte. He opened the cage and set it on the floor. They stepped out. Amber grew them back to normal size.

 

My god they looked terrible. Her brother and husband looked weak. No doubt starved for souls. They had bruises all over their naked bodies. One could only guess why. "Run" Amber said to them. "Amber..." her mother said. "Go now!" Amber said. "Now surrender yourself to me or they will die before they reach the door" June said. Amber shrank herself to two inches and stood there. June nodded to let them out. They looked back at us with helpless expressions. "You look nice Janet" June said standing up out her chair. "Wish I could say the same to you. Who's your tailor?" I asked pointing to my face. June had stitches in her face and staples in her skull. No doubt to keep her evil brain from leaking out. "Very funny. Let’s see how quippy you are after I absorb this girl's spell casting" June said she picked up Amber and was about to eat her. "NO!" I screamed. June smiled until we all saw something incredible.

 

Amber melted! A small splash of water was where she was being held. "THUNDERCLAP!" her voice shouted at the door. A bolt of lightning slammed into June. She was thrown into the wall behind her hard. "Amber! How?!" Eve yelled. "An illusion spell in the water class. Used mostly to lure prey. Sorry to keep you out of the loop. Had to sell the illusion. Now lay it on her!" Amber yelled. It turned into a free for all. The acolytes in the room began shooting shrink spells and guns. We hid behind desks and chairs. Eve transformed her gun into an SMG and laid cover fire. Amber blind fired lux spells. After a few minutes it got quiet from them. "They all dead? Can't be that easy" I said. Eve poked her head up and was hit with a shrink spell. Girl shrank down to three inches. Amber quickly grew her back. "They're still there" Eve said. "No shit. How many still alive?" Amber asked. "3 but they're hunkered down. June is waking up too" Eve replied. "That was dirty!" June yelled.

 

"You two go that way. You come with me!" June yelled. "They're trying to flank us" Eve said. A door below burst open and in came 6 more acolytes including Gabe. "Did you find the others?!" June shouted. "We did. We took care of them. Her mother is sitting in my gut right now" Gabe said. The air got hot and staticy. We glanced at Amber. Her eyes glowed so bright we couldn't look into her face. "You....won't...get...away. You killed them. YOU KILLED MY FAMILY!" Amber screamed. Her rage was so awesome me and Eve crawled away from her. Amber stood up. A barrage of shrink spells hit her. We watched as her body shimmered. The acolytes looked confused and hit her again. Amber just laughed. "Impossible! You should be shrunk!" June yelled. "I was shrunk. Over and over and over just now. I just grew myself back up so quickly it looked like it didn’t work. Now to wipe you from existence!" Amber yelled.

 

Splinters of wood and sheetrock Began to hover into the air. We did too. "Grab ahold of something!" I yelled to Eve. We held on for dear life to podiums as gravity just ceased to exist. We saw Gabe and the acolytes suspended in the air. June was holding onto a podium as well. She was actually smiling! The wind picked up and the acolytes began to scream. We watched the wind cut their bodies until they bled. "Let all gasp as death silently comes. Let all experience the touch of zephyr! Level 3 wind spell! Typhon's Wrath!" Amber cried. The wind suddenly stopped and became still then a loud shriek of wind filled the auditorium. We watched as their bodies expanded. The wind was entering every orifice they had. Mouth, asshole, the cuts. They filled like balloons. Gabe screamed and his body glowed and he fell. His friends weren't so lucky. Like balloons they exploded. Blood and guts flew like confetti everywhere.

 

Amber bent to one knee gasping. He room fell back to whatever you could call normal. "June. Help me. I can't...I can't breathe" Gabe said. June looked at him and shrank him. She picked him up. "June. Please don't" he said. His 4 inch body was damaged beyond belief. How he was still alive was a mystery. "Poor Gabe. Look what they did to you. I'll stop the pain" she said with a soothing smile. She gripped his head and twisted till a tiny snap was heard. She gently put his body on the floor. She actually looked sad. "You killed them all. Even my most precious slave. I see what I should have done days ago" she said. Amber began to charge up for another attack. We watched in awe as she grew. She grew past the roof and burst right through it. We ran out the crumbling city hall and saw her. She didn't stop growing until she hit 200 ft. Amber didn't just stare. She was already growing too.

 

"Janet!" Eve yelled. I nodded and we grew too. "Well that takes a little fun out of it if you grow to my size" June said. Amber snapped her fingers and a deli shop ripped from the ground. June barely had enough time to shield her face from being hit with it. It knocked her on her ass. "FUNNY?!" Amber yelled. Eve laid into the woman with her gun, the streets ran red with blood and Eve let up after smoke obscured our vision. June stood up. Utterly fucked up but alive. "I can't die remember?!" June said charging her. Amber was hit in the mouth. A tooth flew out and crushed a Nissan Sentra below. "Let's see if you can survive vaporization!" Amber yelled. June tried to shrink her but Amber caught her wrist. They both began to tussle. "Can't get a shot!" Eve yelled. Neither could I. "In the beginning there was light. The light burned away the darkness" Amber yelled. She was casting something powerful. The sky grew dark and me and Eve looked up. We nearly lost our shit seeing a black dot on the sun grow. A beam of light was shining on Amber whose body glowed bright.

 

"All who gaze into its glory are harmed! All who feel its touch die!" she yelled. Oh my god. I see the energy focused into her hands. It's a lux spell! A fucking big one! "Eve run! She's dropping the hammer!" I screamed. We ran as far as we could. At our size we made it out of town just as she finished. "Level 5 spell! APOLLO'S SWORD!" Amber screamed. June released her grip as her flesh burned away. June finally showed fear. She ran. An almighty blast of light shot from her palms. It was like looking at an atom bomb. The air screamed as it was super-heated. The shockwave shattered glass and knocked us back. A mushroom cloud formed where Amber was standing. "AMBER!!!!" we screamed running to her. She was still standing. Her clothes tattered but alive. A path of burnt annihilation led from her to where June had been standing. June was gone.

 

"You did it! You fucking did it!" Eve yelled hugging her. Amber collapsed into her chest. "Never used that spell before. Had no idea what would happen at this size. Sorry if I endangered you. Fuck me. I did this?" Amber asked tired. "You sure did you crazy soul eater. You fucking vaporized her!" Eve said. Amber smiled. "Whew. Burned away almost all the energy I had. Glad it worked or we'd be fucked" Amber said. I shrank us back down. "Can't believe it's finally over. I...I'm alone now aren't I? My family is gone" Amber said sadly. "No, not alone. Not ever" Eve said. We began walking out of town. We wanted this moment to last before we got back to our lives. We got maybe 50 ft. before there was a flash of red light and Eve screaming. We looked down in shock.

 

"No it can't be...." Amber muttered.  At our feet was a three inch figure horribly burned. It was no mistake. It was June. Worse yet in her tiny hand was something moving. Almost insect sized. In our hearts we knew who it was. June wasted no time shoving Eve into her mouth and chewing. "NOOOOOO!" Amber screamed slamming her shoe onto her. She crushed June instantly and kept crushing her until she stopped her body shook with grief. June was pulp...wait....oh no. We watched in terror as her body reformed in a red glow. Then it grew to our size. We were frozen at the sickening sight. Her bones knitted. Her organs contracted back into her body. The sutures in her face unraveled. The staples in her skull popped off. Her skin healed and regrew. She was whole again.

 

"Well that was close. If I hadn't shrunk down at the last moment you'd have got me. The blast knocked me away. Had to crawl around on burnt legs and feet to get in her way. Fucking painful that was but it was worth it. Her healing aspect along with the Hero's energy manipulation works wonders. Hmm...a bit of her stuck in my teeth. *ptuui*" she said spitting out a partial remain of our cherished friend. Amber screamed and punched her with a glowing fist. June's neck made a loud snap and her head was damn near backwards. Amber's hand glowed again and held her palm out to blast her in the face. June grabbed it and twisted her neck around. Her neck loudly healed. June raised her right fist which glowed red. "Oh fuc-*POW*". June hit her hard in the stomach. Amber gasped out of pain and loss of air. June hit her over and over. "LET HER GO!" I screamed hitting her in that still weakened neck. This time her body went limp. Her brain stem severed.

 

Amber vomited blood. "F-finish it! Don't let her get up!" Amber yelled. I let myself be taken over by the amulet. My fists broke bones like twigs. In my left hand a shaft of red magical light formed. A spear of pure malice. I rammed it into her heart. "Get clear!" Amber yelled. A massive bolt of lightning gathered together. Level 2 lightning spell! Zeus' Cry!" she screamed. The bolt came down and struck the red spear still in her. Her body convulsed under the million volt assault until it burst into flame. "I have to get that amulet. It's probably the only way to keep her dead" I said. Me and Amber ran over to snatch it before she could recover. Before we could touch it a concussive blast of red magic knocked us away. Amber landed a few feet away. I wasn't so lucky. I got thrown through a plate glass into a hardware store. I tried to stand and felt a sharp pain in my leg. I looked down. A piece of glass had sliced open my leg. By the looks of it it hit my femoral artery. I was dying by the pint. I had minutes left to live. So god help me I will take my sister out before that happens.

 

"Fucking die already! Combination spell! Haste Sword!" Amber yelled. A sword of light formed in her hands and she took off in a blur of speed. It took all June had to ward off those blazing fast sword strikes. By the way the wind wept by Amber must have been moving at over 300 mph. She's doing it! June can't keep the shield up! "That's it Amber! Now go for her head! She can't move without her head!" I screamed dragging myself out of that store. Then I saw a problem. Amber was slowing down fast. "Oh god. She's running out of energy" I muttered. June's shield failed. I could see June trying to enchant another. June dodged a strike and it cut her to the ribcage. Any deeper and she would be cut in two. Amber was coming in for another and final strike. June's eyes glowed. Amber was moving fast but at the last second human fast. June grabbed her by the neck just as that sword was coming for her own neck. June snapped it with cold precision.

 

Amber fell to the ground twitching. The shock on her face and the glance of her eyes and her legs told me she was paralyzed. I limped to shield her. "You won't get her!" I yelled concentrating a blast of red force magic. "No, kill me Janet. Before she gets me" Amber said. She was right. It was the only way now. I readied myself to kill my friend. My hand froze. A ring of red magic was around my wrist. "Didn't think you had it in you" June said walking toward us. She put her palm on my chest. A force blast knocked me back. My body hurt. It was getting cold. So this is how it all ends. "Fuck out of my way. I got universes to rule" June said. June touched Amber and she shrank to three inches. "You put up a hell of a fight but that was expected from the strongest Avatar. That's why I'm going to take my time with you. Savor it in more ways than one" June said picking her up.

 

June tore off her clothing until she was naked. Amber cried and whimpered. "I'm not a lesbian but even I can tell you're pretty. Like those adorable tits here" June said squeezing them. Amber cried out as her eraser sized breasts were squeezed by the crazy giantess. "Oh is that milk? Guess you were still breastfeeding that brat of yours. What else can your body do?" June asked. Amber was paralyzed so she couldn't feel anything but she still cried like she could. "Do you feel my giant finger rubbing that cooch of yours? Hmmm....not getting wet. Guess a broken neck will do that" June said. June took licks of her pussy. "Damn, nothing" she said. "This is really interesting. You can't even feel this can you?" June said holding her right leg and breaking it like a matchstick. Amber was scared shitlless. "This just bums me out. No fun when you can’t feel anything. Whatever. Destiny awaits" June said shoving Amber into her mouth. Her legs hung limply from her mouth. She slowly slurped them in until her bare soles remained visible. A faint glow came from her feet. Oh god. Amber is healing!

 

She plans to fight her still! June had her all in her mouth and frowned for as second and then smiled. "Too late" she mumbled. Her jaw came down hard and could hear a scream and crunch. Her screams got louder as did the crunches. My vision blurred but not from blood loss. I was crying as she was slowly extinguished. Then a loud sickening crunch stopped her screams. June swallowed. "Now that was satisfying. She stayed alive to the bitter end. Felt her healing in my mouth until my molar found her head. Now to go to Prime but first your half of the amulet" she said. She walked over to me. The sky grew dark. The ground trembled but only I noticed. This was it. Everything coming to an end. My worst fear come to light. She yanked the amulet from my neck. I watched with little energy left as the two halves fused. It glowed brightly with full realized power. "Bye sister. Maybe I'll come back to bury you. That is the buzzards and coyotes don't find you edible" she said a vortex opened. She turned to go through it. With my last ounce of strength I stood up and tackled her. We fell through to universe Prime.

 

We arrived and was nighttime. It seemed so normal but that wouldn't last. My sister had summoned oblivion. "Still alive?!" she screamed. Maybe it was blood loss but I wasn't concentrating on her. It was the beautiful stars in the sky. Then I saw proof of the end.  The stars were going out. "Look above you. The stars are proof that you will destroy the multiverse" I said. She looked up. Her eyes seemed confused. She could see it too. "No matter. Look" she said waving her hand. Her first act of godhood was to create new stars. They winked out faster and she still put more up. She was getting frustrated and that was my chance. If I had the power of God then there was once slim possibility to set things right. Transportation to Eve's universe gave me the clue...and the hope. I grasped the amulet around her neck.

 

"Fuck are you doing?! Let go!" she yelled. She raised her mighty hand to smite me with her godhood. I caught it. "Not a chance" I said. I felt my body heal. Blood pump through my veins again. I felt godhood. "HOW?!" she screamed. "We share the same blood. Same DNA. You're not the only Traveler the amulet recognizes. You fully realized the full potential of the amulet. Now I have access to it" I said. "Hell you will! I'll banish you to a fucking volcano in some backwater universe!" she screamed. We both imparted our wills on the amulet and it didn't like that. If the amulet was a person then we were two voices in its head telling it to do two different things. It was going mad. A surge of chaotic magic erupted from it. It shook with the seizures of madness. A vortex opened underneath us and we fell through.

 

We popped out in a universe at over 500 ft. tall. We both looked around and saw dinosaurs. We traveled back into time into another universe! A T-Rex bit June and she kicked it like a soccer ball. "Let go before you send us somewhere annoying!" she yelled. Another vortex opened up beneath us. This time we landed somewhere strange. It's smelled terrible. We looked around and saw just an expanse of squishy moist brown floor. Then we looked up. A girl no older than 6 was towering over us. We both gave pause. She was monolithic! She was like a mile tall to us! Where were we?! “Eve honey daddy is waiting for us” a familiar voice said. Eve?! It can’t be! “Let me find my shoes mommy” the girl replied. The titanic girl bent down and looked right at us…or more accurate what we were standing on. A brown pillar off in the near distance rose to attach to tow very long ones. Oh my god. This is a sandal! We shrunk! We saw her face and even though she was much younger there was no mistake those eyes and that smile. It really was Eve! She came around. Her foot was moving towards us! She slammed her foot into it not wanting to keep her mom waiting. The gust of smelly air threw us like we were nothing. We landed next to the sandal strap. With impossible speed her toes came towards us and we barely missed being obliterated by a little girl’s toes. “You’re going to get me killed…again! Give me that!” she screamed. Her sandal began to rise in the air and a vortex opened once again. We made it out...barely.

 

This time we appeared and I felt that odd squishing sensation. Off in the distance I saw Clea happily chatting with a boy as she walked from school. The amulet. It was taking us to worlds it had been to before but at different times. I had to gain control! We left again but this time we appeared standing in water. We looked around and we both saw a patch of land 10 ft. across and 8 ft. wide. We saw very small buildings there that looked similar to Greek ones. Like tiny mites we saw people below. Could this be where I think we were?! “Now this is interesting! I think were at Atlantis before its destruction! Wonder what would happen if I merged the amulet her with the one down there?” she asked.

 

I shuddered at the thought. The amulet was already dangerously surging with unbridled power. Add that and the possibility of a paradox and there would be no hope for all creation. “NO! You already endangered reality! I can’t let you!” I yelled. I could only imagine what the people below felt. Two giantesses’ miles tall fighting above them. Our legs were causing tidal waves which hit their coasts. Ships wiped away like nothing. Sailors and fishermen drowned instantly. June kicked my leg and I stumbled. I dragged her with me and we fell backward. I slammed my foot down on the ocean bed to try avoiding the apocalyptic fall. Oh god. That footprint the navy found. That was my footprint! We fell right on top of the island. Over 85% of the island was destroyed instantly. Buildings crushed to dust. Thousands of bodies smushed into my shirt and jeans. Our sheer weight caused what was left of the island to sink beneath the waves.  We literally broke an island like a dinner plate. “Guess we know what caused the destruction of Atlantis!” she said laughing like crazy. She laughed at the fact we had killed tens of thousands. Destroyed the most advanced civilization to exist in the last 10,000 years. My anger seeped into the amulet and all of a sudden the wild magic of it calmed. Like it found a purpose again. It caught her off guard and seized the moment to yank as hard as I could on it. The necklace broke.

 

I immediately took us back to Prime. “No give it here!” she screamed lunging for it. Holding it I used a shield to keep her away. Her eyes told me she knew she was fucked. “So you got the power now. You going to kill me?” she asked. “Look around you?! Don’t you see what you’ve done?!” I yelled. She looked around. The night sky was a void. People were panicking. The ground trembled and ever worse yet, if this wasn’t a sign that the end was neigh, everything began to fade. “Give me the amulet. I can fix this” she said. I felt like killing her so fucking bad right there. All the pain and misery she caused and still trying to weasel her way into omnipotence. “No fucking way. I’m going to fix this the only way I think it might work. Now to see if this thing really has the power of God” I said. I held it over my head and focused. Prayed. Hoped against hope. “Alright listen Amulet of Topothesia. With the exception of me owning the amulet and my sister being here, LET EVERYTHING BE AS IT WAS ONE WEEK AGO!” I screamed. “What?!” June yelled.

 

Power flowed out of it and surrounded everything. We watched the moon and sun arc backwards across the sky. Two points of red light shot from the amulet and into the sky. Moments later two more did. The sky returned to normal. It was night again. Like an answered prayer the stars were back. “It worked? IT WORKED!” I yelled. The amulet was still glowing not nearly as fiercely.  Just to make sure I opened 4 tiny vortexes and looked into them. Amber was smiling at her husband while breastfeeding her baby. Eve was watching a movie wither her husband and son her in hand while her daughter sat by her side. Clea was baking cookies with her mother. Clarissa was combing her daughter’s hair while Nathan barbequed. “The Avatars are in the heavens. All’s right with the worlds” I whispered.

 

“What have you done?!” June said noticing the same thing. “I rewound all of time everywhere in every universe. Everything that happened over the past week hasn’t happened yet and with the amulet in my hand it never will. The Avatars are alive again. Balance has been restored. “You threw away godhood?!” June yelled. “What the point of ruling over a fucking void?! Besides, with all our power there was one thing we couldn’t change. Our hearts. I think that is the most important qualification to being a god. You tried to be something impossible. A human god. That makes as much sense as an ant trying to be president. As much as I fucking hate you right now I can’t lay all the blame on you”

 

“Absolute power corrupts and this trinket did a good number on you. Almost did it to me too. This world is so different from the others. Not one shred of magic in it. No Avatars. Utterly mundane and normal. Perfect*” I said.

 

(Author’s note: A gold star to whoever guesses right which universe they’re in)

 

“Perfect?” June asked. “This thing is too dangerous to have around. Too tempting (present company included). I have to get rid of it” I said. “So you’re just going to throw it away. Like in the ocean?” she asked. “No. I’m going to send it somewhere it should be. The most appropriate place in all the multiverse” I said. I opened a vortex. “Janet don’t do this! Don’t throw away such power!” she yelled. I looked at her and tossed the amulet through the vortex. “I can’t believe you did that! Worse yet we’re stranded here!” she said. “That was intentional. You proved to be too dangerous to even be in the same universe as the amulet. Either this or kill you and seeing how a shred of me still loves you I rather not did that” I said. “Where did you send it?” she asked. “Where it can fulfil its destiny” I replied.

 

A universe away 9000 B.C.E.

 

The ocean looks the same as it always does. Daddy is busy fishing and won’t be back yet. The sand feels cool under my bare feet. My sister over there is poking a crab. She’s as bored as I am. I wish there was something fun to do. A red flash nearby startles me. My eyes see something in the sand glowing. “What is this?” I said picking it up. It hummed. How is it humming? The red jewel inside is so pretty! “Anissa what is it?” my sister asked. My sister is the same age as me, 10, but she acts like she’s 5. Always wanting to be spoiled. “Don’t hide it! Let me see!” she whines. I show it to her. She touches it. It glows brighter. “Let me hold it” she says. “No! It’s mine!” I yelled. “Girls! It’s time to head back home!” mom says in the distance. My sister is tugging on my arm to see it again. I don’t know why but I feel only I should have it. I wonder why…

 

We go through our lives wanting the power to change things as we see fit and we lament at the lack of it. If the power of God is to change the world to what we want it to be then we are already gods. Every decision we make changes the future. Every choice a manifestation of our will on the world.  The world is ours for the changing. This has been the movie version of The Size Zone.

Chapter End Notes:

That's it for season 2! As for season 3 well that's going to be different. How? Well i'm taking suggestions and requests and your ideas will shape what stories that come! Turthfully i'm running out of ideas so help me out! Tell me what you like and want to see in the next season in the reviews. Until then Stay tuned for season 3 of The Size Zone!