- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

continued

"Cover where! She'll just wipe it out as soon as we find some!" Amber yelled. "Then we fall back to where she can't easily find us! Forest for the trees! There! A school!" Eve shouted pointing. We ran like crazy we looked up to see a fist coming at us but it stopped as soon as we reached the school. "She stopped. Why? She even looked scared as if something would happen if she flattened this school" Eve said panting. "Yeah that was odd" I said. We were in the school lobby. People were staring at us. The amulet began to tug me. "Guys. I think the amulet found our Goddess. She must be nearby" I said. "Here? In this place? In this shrunken town?!" Amber asked.  "Don't know why she's here either but we better find her" I said.

 

We wandered the halls stopping at classroom after classroom. People would pass us. "Creepy. They are magic but alive" Amber said. A teen around 15 passed by and squeezed Amber's ass. She shrank him instantly.  He was no bigger than a common ladybug. "Amber!" I yelled. She raised her hand. "Strange. My magic worked too fast. I planned to shrink him down to three inches but my magic mixed with whatever was in him. Like it was supercharged. This magic is similar in origin to mine yet much older...and more powerful. I don't think that was any ordinary giantess who tried to eat you Eve" Amber said worried.  The bell rang and kids rushed out of the classrooms. The run so fast they never noticed the teen below. A girl in summer clothes crushed him under her flip flops. A girl walked past with s boy and girl and my amulet reacted to them. "One of them" I said. We followed them to the cafeteria.

 

We watched for a few minutes trying to guess what we were dealing with. "Which one?" I asked. "That one. The one with the dusty blonde hair. Jesus. The amount of magic she's exuding is making my fucking toes curl" Amber said. "So what do we do?" Eve asked. "We wait until she's alone. We might agitate her and that would be bad news for everyone here" I said. And so we waited. The girl was around 15 and the other girl was obviously her friend. The boy said something and she kissed him. She looked so happy. Was she the reason the giantess above didn't want to crush the school? Had to be.  The girl was laughing and eating until her reached into her pocket and pulled a phone out. She stopped smiling and quickly looked around. Uh oh. She looked at Eve. Shit. "Guys fall back. Eve get ready to take your gun out of pistol mode. We might have trouble" I said. We slowly backed out and the girl began to follow us.

 

We ducked around the corner only to find her standing there looking pissed. She can teleport! She waved her hand and Eve was jerked into the air. "You hurt my mom" she said with glowing eyes. "Back off!" Amber said firing a bolt of light from her hand. It struck the girl and she hit the wall. Her shirt was burned as well as her skin. It healed within seconds. "Magic! Who are you?!" she yelled. "Someone not wanting to get their assess kicked or in the case of my friend eaten!" Amber shouted. The girl relaxed. "What do you mean?" she asked. "If that was you mom then she was going to eat my friend! She was defending herself!" Amber yelled. The girl looked angrily in the air. "It's true. Are you a Goddess?" I asked. She looked at me in astonishment. "How...how did you know to ask that?" she asked. "There isn't much time. We were looking for someone known as The Goddess" I said. "Come with me. You got some explaining to do as well as my mother" she said. We nervously stepped outside and sure enough that woman was standing over the town.

 

Her expression turned to shock seeing us standing next to this girl. Imagine all our surprise when we found ourselves back to normal size and outside of the town. "You told me they were a threat! You left out the part where you tried to eat one for fucking fun!" she yelled. "Sorry but they're dangerous! That one there has weird magic!" the woman said. "Hey I got a name!" Amber yelled. The woman looked at me coldly. "What exactly happened?" she asked us. "We appeared in town and saw your mother eat a jogger. Then she saw Amber here and Eve got in the way. Your mom tried to eat her and Eve shot her in the face" I said. "So you ate someone without my permission. The plot thickens" the girl said. "She shot me in the face! The Goddess of Love shot in the face by a mortal! “the woman yelled. "After you tried to eat her!" the girl yelled. "Goddess of Love?" I asked. "Yeah, my mom is the Aphrodite. Goddess of Love" she said. "Clea! We don't know who they are!" Aphrodite yelled. "I'm Janet. This is Amber and the one you wanted to devour is Eve" I said. "Hey" Eve said holding her pistol.

 

"How do you know I'm a Goddess? No one in town knows that" Clea asked. "We're not from your town. We come from another world" I said. They looked at us like we were crazy. Each one stared at us. "They're not lying" Clea said. "Come inside the house" Aphrodite said. Her mom gave us tea and cookies and sat down. She looked concerned. "What are you? I sense a kindred magic but it's primal. No aspect to it" she said. "Funny you should mention that word. Aspects are why we're here. A woman found a way to become a god. To do so she must absorb all the aspects of the Avatars of Size. You daughter there is The Goddess. The codex says her aspect is immortality" I said. "She wishes to become a god? So what. We have a whole pantheon up here" Aphrodite said. "No you don't understand. She wishes to become the God. Ruler of all reality. The problem with that, other than her being bat shit crazy, is the deaths of all Avatars will cause the multiverse to collapse into nothingness" I said. "And by absorb?"

 

"Eat. She plans to eat your daughter. She...she already did it to one girl" I said. Aphrodite let her teacup crash to the floor. "We're gonna need help. Let me make a call" she said. The goddess of love looked deeply disturbed. She used her phone. "Shit. No answer. Let me try the old fashioned way" she said she put her hands to her forehead and a gentle glow emitted from it. "I can't get ahold of him!" she said. "Who grandpa?" Clea asked. "Yes but I'm not getting an answer" she said. "Grandpa?" Amber asked. "Grandpa Zeus" she replied. Amber spat out her tea. "Okay then" she said putting her cup down. "He's out fucking apparently. The only reason he wouldn't respond" Aphrodite hissed. "So where do you get your power from? Mine's friendship" Clea asked. "Souls. I eat souls" Amber said. "Wow. Has it always been like that?" Clea asked. "Since before recorded time. My master once said we actually used our powers to help humans by calling ourselves The Witches of Thessaly" Amber said.

 

"Did you say The Witches of Thessaly?" Aphrodite asked. "You've heard of that?" Amber asked. “I should say so. Their ancestors mated with the gods. The offspring wielded magic that made Greece and its neighbors tremble. Their power rivaled the gods. They all died out though long ago" Aphrodite said. "Well maybe in your world but in mine they survived. They just decided to keep to themselves" Amber said. "This is nice and all but your daughter needs to come with us. If we got here then she can too" I said. "You think she's coming personally?" Eve asked. "After getting Clarissa's aspect; absolutely" I said. "I'm coming too" Aphrodite said. I nodded. Aphrodite was done in a flash. Literally. Clea was taking longer. "Why so tense?" she asked Eve. Eve was holding that pistol cautiously. "Relax a bit" Aphrodite said rubbing Eve's shoulders. "I rather not. "I sincerely apologize for trying to eat you. I get carried away with cute humans. It's kinda my nature" she said. Eve relaxed a bit. Was this Goddess making her relax through magic?

 

"I appreciate the apology but this is usually the moment we get attacked" Eve said shaking her head. Aphrodite sucked her teeth and sighed. A vortex opened. This one was much bigger than usual. A group of acolytes stormed out firing guns. "Shield!" Amber yelled. Bullets bounced off and then a man appeared with a launcher. "Oh fuck! Shield level 2!"  Amber yelled dumping more magic into a stronger shield. The RPG zipped from him and struck the shield exploding. The sound deafened us but we were alive. The house was on fire. The ceiling was damaged. "You fuck up my house?!" the Goddess yelled standing up. Like a well-oiled machine the 8 acolytes hit her with magic. In an instant she shrank down to 5 inches. She still hovered there. "Think because I’m small I'm helpless?" Aphrodite asked. She raised she tiny hand and they froze. Crazy as it sounds they dropped their weapons and began crying. "Why did you have to die?" one muttered. "Mom" another wept. "Contemplate the feelings of lost love" she said coldly. Another group came in and pushed the others aside like they were nothing. One grabbed Aphrodite with both hands. "Let go!" She shouted. He squeezed hard and the Goddess screamed. He was laughing until a red beam burned a hole through him. He looked confused and fell backward dead. "Lady said let go" Eve said holding a smoking pistol. "Nice save!" Aphrodite said flying back to us. We had used an upturned sofa as cover. She was grimacing. "You okay?" I asked firing shrinking magic randomly. "A few broken ribs. I'll be fine. We heal really well" she said. "If that's true then why need me?" Eve asked. "Healing fast is a side effect of their power. It's the ability to not die from mortal harm that's important. Besides. I heard you guys can heal fucking fast. Having you she would conserve energy" I replied. "Nice when someone recognizes your talents. Weapon! Switch to SMG mode!" Eve yelled.

 

Eve began firing at then behind cover. Now and then we'd hear a yell or cry. "Mom!" Clea yelled from the stairs. "Stay there! You're not strong enough yet to help!" Aphrodite yelled. "Like hell if not! Let's see what happens when the Goddess of Friendship takes away theirs!" she yelled. Her eyes glowed bright yellow. Then the faintest of words filled the air. Like a parasitic whisper it wormed its way into the acolyte’s minds. "Brian. You know that girl you like staying in the chamber next to you? The one that vanished? Your friend Peter raped her and then ate her to cover it up. Told you the Goddess disposed of her. It was a lie. How do you feel about that?" her whisper said. We glanced over and saw a man stop firing at us and look at the man next to him. He aimed his gun at him and fired. They all looked as the man with half his head blown out fall to the floor.

 

"Danielle. That man who smiles at you all the time at dinner. He loves you but your friend Jenny sticks him up her cunt every night. She told him if he ever spoke about it she would crush you under her feet. Is that really what a friend would do?" she whispered. A woman stopped looking at the body and then looked dead at a girl. She shot her with a shrinking spell and she shrunk down past where we could see her. The woman raised her shoe. "You threatened to crush me? Not if I do it first" the woman said slamming her foot down. It was quiet enough for us to hear a wet, crunchy squish. Both of them realized what they did and looked panicked. Their fired aimed at them. "They've been taken over!" one yelled. Both raised their guns and were killed within a second. "Nice job honey" Aphrodite said. "Counterattack time!" Amber yelled. She popped up and began firing beams from her palms. The lights dimmed every time she did. Eve brought the pain herself.  By the time the smoke cleared the emery was dead. "Son of a bitch. There must've been a good dozen of them" Amber said. "We beat them though" Eve said.

 

As if she was waiting for us to say that, my sister walked through the vortex. Her high heel shoes crushed broken sheet wall and pebbles of roof stucco. She saw us and grinned. She waved her arm quickly and a shockwave of magic might hit us all. We were slammed hard into the far wall. "If you want something done you have to do it yourself" she said. Behind her was 6 acolytes; including Gabe. "Pretender!" Aphrodite yelled. She used her power on her. "Hmm....was that supposed to do something?" June said. "Impossible. Every human loves or loved something!" Aphrodite said. "Your pathetic power won't work on someone who wields the amulet. Even if it did I have what I love right here" she said touching her half of the amulet. Mine was trembling, shaking, desperately trying to merge with the other half.

 

In a puff of red mist she was upon us. She wielded power I've never seen. Was this the effect of powering the amulet? A gust of wind pushed her back and she hit the courtyard doors. "Forgot about me bitch?" Amber said wearily standing up.  June stood up. "Not...a fucking chance" she said firing a shrink spell. "No you don't!" I said ready to deflect it. The bolt of magic shot toward us and arced away. It was too late to see her real target. Clea was hit and she shrank down to two inches. "No! Amber cover her! Eve deal with them! I'll handle my sister!" I yelled. Amber ran to Clea and grabbed her in hands. Amber held the shrunken girl close to her chest and watched us. Eve traded shots at them while trying not to get hit. Man she could move. Definitely trained. I closed the gap on my sister. She did that thing again with her arm but this time I grabbed it. "Not this time" I said punching her. It was like punching an evil funhouse mirror of myself. She stumbled back and my hand was glowing red.

 

"Yes that's it! Embrace the hate! Feed the dark desires! That's what empowers the amulet!" she yelled. She hit me with a bolt of magic. Like being punched in the stomach. Shit! I felt my anger build in me. My amulet getting hot on my chest. "You wanna see dark?! Try seeing with a swollen eye!" I yelled. I punched her hard as fuck. My fist glowed like it was on fire. She sailed right out the room and I followed.

 

Amber's pov...

 

I held this girl close to me. Her tiny body shaking with fright. She called out to her mother worried sick. "Eve how is she?!" I yelled. "Need some cover! These guys are good!" Eve shouted. "Lightning!" I yelled. A bolt of electricity shot from my hand and struck the table they were using for cover. The scorch mark just inches from one's face. He dropped his ass down though. "She's okay! Bell rung good but okay!" Eve shouted. "Hear that Clea? Your mom is okay" I said. The girl whimpered and held my shirt tighter. I patted her tiny head. She was a Goddess herself but still just a young girl. Red flashes of light out in the courtyard. Janet and her sister must really be going at it. I’ve never seen such a display of power from her before. "Fuck this!" Gabe shouted. He fired a shrink spell at the sofa and Eve's cover was gone. Within seconds Eve was being shot. "NOOO!" I yelled throwing a shield over her. It was hard to use a shield this way.

 

Casting it over someone else not close to you takes precision and a lot of concentration. Can't get much of that with this gunfire and a shrunk girl clutching me. Eve crawled to me. "It's worse than it looks" Eve said. She was shot in the leg, upper right shoulder, and thigh. She yanked out a syringe and injected herself. "There. Some nano aid will take care of it. Never heard you scream like that before. You that worried about me?" Eve asked. "N-not funny" I said trying not to cry. "Thanks for worrying...AMBER!" she yelled. I followed her sight. Gabe tossed a grenade. My shield was barely up and I was running low on energy. It exploded and we were hit by the concussion. The blast back caused by the shield fucked them up too. The only one alive was Gabe and he was bleeding good.

 

"It's done" Janet said stumbling in. She was bleeding from the nose and mouth. Her clothes bloody and torn. "You won?!" I asked. She nodded. "How is everyone?" she asked. "Aphrodite is coming around and Clea is safe but rattled. Eve was kicking ass" I said. "...that's nice" Janet said. Janet picked Clea out of my hand. "You okay? You're not hurt are you?" she asked smiling. "No, just shaken a bit" Clea replied. "Oh thank goodness. If you'd died then I'd be up shit creek. Need you alive after all to absorb your aspect" Janet said. Oh god...that's not Janet! We were too slow to stop her as she jammed the tiny girl into her mouth and chewed. Fucking hell! Fuck! Her bones crunching and screams made even me sick. Then she swallowed. "All gone. Wow. I can feel her body trying to reassemble. Her bones and muscles coming back...oh...it stopped" June said. "BITCH!!!" I screamed hitting her with a lux blast. The beam pierced her heart and she fell to the floor. Her eyes frozen. Her chest still from not breathing. A ear piercing scream came from Aphrodite. She grew before us.

 

"YOU KILLED MY BABY! YOU FUCKING ATE MY CHILD!" she screamed as she reached for a marble bust of Clea that had fell and broken on the floor. She picked it up and began to slam it into June's head over and over. She sobbed over and over as she did it. Brains and blood spewed out and coated the once pristine floor.

 

My pov once again....

 

My head was pounding. I tasted the coppery taste of blood in my mouth. June had got the best of me. She hit me over and over while I could barely stay conscious. Then a red fist hit me and I was out. I awoke feeling cold. My clothes were gone. Why would she...oh no. I stumbled into the living room and saw what I feared. My sister wearing my clothes with her head caved in. Aphrodite insane with grief. Eve and Amber in tears. "Oh god please don't tell me" I stammered. "YOU! You brought this insanity to my family! Your face the unlocked the fate of my child!" she screamed as she grabbed me by the throat. Her hands were slick with blood and warm from frenzied rage. She squeezed and I couldn't breathe. I didn't fight her. Tears ran down my cheeks. "Now now. Don't blame her. It was me who ate your kid. Delicious by the way. Her blood was like sugary wine." Jane said sitting up. Her head was fucked all the way up. Her fucking right lobe was half out of her skull for fucks sake!

 

"Headache you wouldn't believe. Immortality keeps me alive but doesn't do shit for the pain" she said smiling with a dislocated jaw. Aphrodite released me and charged June. June hit her with a wave of red energy and sent her sprawling into the wall so hard she cracked it. "Let's see if you can live without a head!" Amber yelled holding what looked like a sharp blade of frozen blood. She swung it at her neck. June caught it with a glowing hand. *SNAP*"You watch too much tv and movies. This isn't Highlander girl. I chewed that bitch up good and she was still alive. My own power is what finally killed her. Speaking of..." June said hitting her with a shrinking spell. Amber shrank down to 4 inches but stood her ground. Eve shot her in the stomach with her gun. June looked at the smoking wound. "Didn't you hear what I said?! I CAN'T DIE!" June said hitting Eve with a similar spell. Now they were both shrunk and in danger of being her next meal. And with that she would be ready to enact her plan. June reached for Amber. "Try it hoebag. I'll make you sing for your fucking supper!" Amber said hitting her hand with a tiny fireball. June pulled back taken off guard.

 

"Then I'll just shrink you further" June said touching her amulet for more power. The house shook from thunder. The clouds grew darker than I've ever seen. Outside was like night. "June honey. I know you're immortal now but we should go. I don't think we should fight fucking Zeus along with these three" Gabe said clutching his side with shrapnel in it. A close bolt of lightning which shattered the last of the glass windows convinced her he was right. "Fine. You down there. I still have your family and if you don't show up this address. They will be my next meal. June said bending down and using her own blood to write it on the floor. I looked at it and knew what it was. They were gone through their vortex moment later.

 

"We should go too. It won't look good for us to be here" Eve said. "We didn't kill her!" Amber said. "I don't think they will care. You saw her mother" Eve said. I opened a vortex just as a figure appeared amidst a collection of lightning. An old looking man with eyes glowing intensely bright. He looked around and saw us. I quickly grabbed up my shrunk friends and stumbled to the vortex. He let out a yell and the air filled with ozone and my hair stood on end. We went through with less than a second before he would've turned us to ash. We were home and I put them down. I felt the coolness of the ocean breeze on my naked skin and collapsed.

 

My dreams were filled with those final moments. We were about to walk through until I felt that lightning strike my body. The pain lasted half a second before my nerves fried. Then a half second of feeling my body erupt into flame. I watched as my arms and legs burned like kindling. "AHHHHHHHHH!"

 

I woke to the sound of thunder. I was in my room. Outside through my balcony window I could see the fierce lightning and wind driven rain. I stood up and went downstairs. "Honey she's awake" Chris said.  Eve was busy playing with her kids. She was still shrunk. Odd. Couldn't Amber fix that? "Sweetie put mommy down" she told her daughter. "But I like playing with you when you're tiny" the girl whined. "Now Cassie" Eve said sternly. The girl pouted as she put her shrunken mother down. "Why did Amber grow you back to human size?" I asked. "We got a problem with her. A similar one from before but far worse now. That's not all. Take a look at this. It's all over the news" Eve said. Eve turned on the TV. "Top story today. Tropical storms ravage the Atlantic coasts and typhoons tear up the pacific. Meteorologists are baffled at how such dangerous storms appeared seemingly within hours. Wait...this just in. A 7.3 earthquake has struck the San Francisco area! We are trying to contact our affiliate there but are getting no response" the newscaster said.

 

"This isn't a coincidence is it?" Eve asked. "No, the natural laws of the multiverse is breaking down. This is like a nasty cough compared to the death throes if she succeeds" I said. "Amber is outside on the beach. She hasn't said or done anything since we got back hours ago. We're fucked aren't we?" Eve said. "Ohh mommy said a swear!" her son said. "Chris get the kids to their rooms" Eve said. "No were not fucked but our strategy needs to change" I said. "I hope so. I'm out of nano aid and I don't know if we can get more from my home. Seeing what happening here might also be happening there too. Oh god my parents..." Eve said starting to cry. I patted her tiny head. "Let’s check on our friend" I said. Eve nodded and I used my magic to grow her back.

 

The rain blinded us but we could make out her form standing in the storm. As we approached we felt the wind and rain no more. She had a shield over her and she stared at the swells of ocean waves. "How did it come to this? We were doing so well" Amber muttered. "She got smarter. More creative" I said. "Then I'll get creative too" she said. Her tone was creepy. A lightning bolt hit just a few dozen feet away as she held her hand up. She walked over to where it hit and broke off a shard of melted sand. It had been turned to glass. "See? Instant weapon. I was taught to use my environment for combat. Think it will work against someone who can't die?" Amber said turning to face us. Her hand bled as she gripped the shard. "Amber sweetie your hand" Eve muttered. Amber looked at her hand like a curious child. She dropped the shard. "You should heal that" I said. Amber just looked at us. Eve tore off a piece of her shirt and bandaged her hand.

 

"You wouldn't do that if you knew what I was thinking" Amber said very quietly. Her eyes had an empty quality to them. "What are you talking about?" Eve asked. "She needs all of us to become god right. So what if I killed you before that? Deny her her prize" Amber said. Her finger glowed and it was pointed right at Eve's head. Eve froze. "Amber you can't!" I yelled. Amber lowered her hand. "No I can't. I love her too much" Amber said. This time she pointed it at her own head. She started crying. "NOOO!" Eve said tackling her. Eve had her arms pinned to the wet sand. "Just let me do it. It solves all our problems" Amber cried. Eve slapped her hard. Her hand trembled. "Don't you dare! Don't you dare say you love me and just decide to kill yourself! You have no right!" Eve shouted. Eve let go of her and buried her face in her hands and sobbed.

 

"We will find another way. We can stop her but we have to have hope. Losing you would be too much. For both of us. You're the sister I should've had. We're the family that transcends universes. And family...family sticks together to the bitter end" I said. Amber looked at Eve. She hugged her tight. "I'm so sorry" Amber whispered. We walked back into the house. "So how do we beat her? She's strong against my magic already but now she's immortal" Amber said. "We don't try to kill her anymore.  Our focus should be on getting her half of the amulet. It regulates her powers. If the aspects are like electricity running through a house then the amulet is like the on/off switch. She'll have to rely on that until she tries to ascend at the very end" I said. "Very end?" Eve asked.

 

"When she's eaten the two of you and goes to universe Prime. There she will try to reorder the universe....or so she believes" I said. "What is universe Prime?" Amber asked. "Details were fuzzy in the codex but it said it was the first universe born. It's a blank slate with no Avatar there" I replied. "So how do we grab the amulet? I'm betting she won't just hand it over" Amber said. "That’s where the plan comes in. Eve will be taking shots at her from the rear. Center mass Eve. Don't try for head shots. I'm betting she won't stay still for that because of Amber. Amber you will be the middle attacker. Hit her with distance spells. Hard hitting fuckers. Ones that can do damage even with magic resistance" I said. "You do realize I will have to eat a fuckload of people for this and I'm betting there aren't enough criminals and bad people in the area" Amber said. "I thought you'd say that. She has worshippers. Will they do?" I asked.

 

"Since we'll be fighting them no. I'd barely break even" Amber replied. "You do what you gotta do. Billions are at stake. We had some wriggle room earlier on that topic but not anymore. I'll drive you to a place where you can eat" I said. "What will you do?" Eve asked. "Me? I'm taking the fight right to her. I'm the only one who can deflect her shrinking spell. I'll have my hands full making sure she doesn't shrink you to the point you can't fight" I said. "That's kinda dangerous. She really tore into you last time" Amber said. "Oh I haven't forgot but she did clear up something I been suspecting. This amulet loves dark emotions. It's like candy to it. The levitation and glowing punches are proof of that. All I need to do is give myself over to the dark side so to speak" I said. "Janet. Last time you did that you looked like you were gonna eat me" Amber said. "Shit you too?!" Eve said. They weren't sold on my embracing my darker side. "It won't be like last time. I got two new sisters to keep me in check" I said smiling. "Group hug!" Eve said. We hugged for a minute.

 

"This is nice and all but how do we find her? I'm pretty fucking sure she's not in suburbia or an apartment with black cloaked figures walking around. Shit like that attracts attention" Amber said. "She's got a point. Why would she call her out and not tell us where to meet?" Eve asked. "Girls I think she just made sure we know where she is. Read that" I said. On the news station at the bottom of the screen was a news ticker. "Canyon Lake, CA going into third day without contact. No response from national guard detachment sent in to investigate. Marines stationed in San Diego are to be sent in day after tomorrow" Amber read aloud. "Canyon Lake is our childhood home" I said. "Why wouldn't they be able to contact anyone?" Eve asked. "She shrank everyone didn't she?" Amber asked. "Yeah, it's the only thing I can think of. She shrank every resident there to power up the amulet and to get our attention" I said. "How big is the town?" Amber asked with a shaky voice. "11,000" I quietly replied. Eve gasped.

 

"Fuck me" Amber hissed. "This changes nothing. We knew she would power herself up to fight us. We just didn't know what depths she would sink to. Eve, spend time with you family. Amber let me grab my keys" I said. Eve left the living room and I got my car keys. We hopped into my Jeep Wrangler and pulled away from the driveway. The rain made it hard to see. The wind pushed us around a little. "So where are we going?" Amber asked. "In the event of a hurricane the town has put in place storm shelters. I'm taking you to the one set up in the high school" I said. Amber said nothing and just stared at the soaked roadway. We pulled up to it and could see lights inside. The doors were shut to keep out the storm. To keep them safe. Amber opened the door.

 

The ding sound of the door ajar did nothing to muffle Amber's breathing. "Ever since I became a soul eater I've never thought of myself as a monster. Not even when I dined on a mass amount a year ago. They were nobodies. Dregs of society. People who nobody would miss. Tonight is different. Tonight I become a monster. I'm going to eat good people who only want to keep their families safe from the storm your sister caused. Young or old it won't matter tonight because of what's at stake" she said solemnly. "Amber..." I said touching her hand. She yanked it away and got out. "Pick me up at 8 a.m. Not one fucking minute earlier" she said slamming the door. I watched her walk toward the doors. A glow from her hand breached the lock and she closed it behind her. The door edges glowed red and then nothing. God in heaven what have I done?

 

Amber’s pov...

 

I can hear people. A lot of people. My sneakers squeak as I walk the hallways. It reminds me of my school back in Connecticut. A man with a yellow safety jacket passes me. With barely a though I shrink him to an inch. All of them will have to be this size of I'm going to remotely eat all of them. He's stunned. He gives off a scream which is more like a cricket chirp as I grab him with my fingers. I toss him into my mouth and chew. Chewing is nasty but it's the quickest. Blood is the medium in which the soul flows. Doing it this way doesn't get all of their soul though. Maybe about half. Sexual release is the best but time consuming. I'll get to that later when I've secured them. They must be in the gym. It's late so people will be relaxed and tired. They won't know what hit them. Shrink pulse spells will do the job. I get to the doors and look in. "Damn" I muttered. Must be at least 400 here. It's not the numbers that concern me. It's their faces.

 

Not too many looked scared. Of course. Living here they would be used to this. Some even laugh and play. Jesus. That family over there is playing Monopoly. I stand here for a minute to encant before I walk in. Never had I ever cast a shrinking spell so encompassing. I walk to the center of the gym. Some eyes on me but not many. After all they have no reason to suspect their lives will end by me tonight. I stand in the center and begin.  "The crowd stands before me as people. Let them dwindle down past the point of being once people and to the point as my prey! Level 3 composite spell. SHRINK PULSE!" I yell. The release of power is blinding to everyone, even me. Imagine a wall of blue light racing through the room. Anyone touched by it shrunk so fast only their clothes are prof they were standing there just now. I feel dizzy. Burned away a shitload of magic just now. I fall to my knees.

 

They're small. The tallest an inch. I can only hear those closest to me screaming. Their world for grew to staggering degrees. A giantess on her knees before them. I see a man inches from me standing in what used to be his boxers. I pluck him up and eat him quickly. The chirps of screams rise seeing that. His soul nourishes me enough to stand. A few steps to the right and I find a family running. I scoop them up and deposit me them in my mouth. I'm not brave enough yet to look closer at my prey. Those bodies rolled around my palate. Tasting their mortality and faintly tasting the younger ones sweet souls. I chew them up and swallow. It’s like watching a heard of bugs running from you. Hundreds fleeing the giantess. I beat snatching them up and eating them. I had eaten maybe 20 before I feel the bloodlust of feeding and hunting overtake me.

 

"It's tempting to eat the younger ones. Children are fun to eat. You never feel more powerful seeing them cry and scream but don't eat them if you can. They are immature souls and will not net you the soul energy that makes it worthwhile to shrink them. Furthermore, you hurt the species. Without children they can't reproduce. They will go extinct and we will follow. I’m not saying never eat them. Just do so very sparingly. Only when it's either necessary when you have no choice or a most special occasion. Do you understand me?" Mistress Ambrosia once told me.

 

The bloodlust makes my body hot. My nipples harden. The humid air makes it uncomfortable. I take off my clothes and stand naked before them. Some are stunned by my body. Most were men and teen boys. I bent down and grabbed one teen. "Never saw a pussy this big before?" I said seeing his erection. I plop him into my mouth and chew. Well there they go running again. I laugh as I watch them run. Where could they go? The vents are too high to crawl through. The doors are like 800 ft. high to them. They realize how fucked they are as I approach. They're tired. They've been running for 15 minutes. I use a wind spell to draw them in close together. Must be a hundred here. The other fled to their sides of the gym. I'll get to them later. I look at them longer and closer. I feel my heart quicken as I see children clutching parents. The Amber part of me feels so much guilt I shed a tear. Only one tear. The rest of me wants them now! I sat down and I snatch one boy from his mother. She grabs his ankle desperate not to let go. The boy is no older than 8 and screams for his mom. Eventually she loses her grip and screams as she falls to the hardwood. At her size it was like falling 100 ft.  The people watch as the woman hits the floor and makes a tiny puddle of blood. I use my finger and scoop up the broken body. I let the carcass slide down my throat. The boy follows suit. "Monster!" one screams me swallow the kid. "Only for tonight" I say softly. I grab handfuls and chew them up until only a few remain. "Why?! Why do this?!" a man screams. He's older than most. Mid 50's. His soul will be bitter and weak. "The world is coming to an end. I'm trying to stop it but I need your lives to do it" I said slightly grinning.

 

He looked at me like I was insane. "You're a fucking monster!" he screamed clawing at the brick wall. "Don't be that way. I'm going to eat you all. Take some comfort that your lives will have meaning. You get to feed a goddess like me and save all creation" I said. My words didn't do shit. "I can make you happy. Would you like that? It's simple really with such tiny frightened minds. Watch" I said. There were 9 remaining around him. "Mindslave" I said casting a spell. The man watched as the people around him stopped crying and shaking. "You want me to eat you don't you?" I asked them. "Yes oh mistress" the say in unison. 6 men and teens and 3 women; one pregnant. "Then prove it" I said. "Eat me mistress! Eat this pathetic man!" one said. "No he's old. Eat me!" another man said. "No! Eat me! Fucking eat me!" A teen around 16 said. He was jerking his tiny cock looking at my tits. I grab him up. "Jerk off and cum in my mouth" I said. I opened my mouth and the morsel dove in. I shut it and felt him moving about. He was lying on my tongue jerking away. Within moments I felt his stiffen and knew he came. I tasted his soul and it was sweet. I sucked it right out and swallowed. He was dead before he hit my stomach.

 

A woman fingering   herself was yelling. "Eat me! I'm just a shrunken girl only good to be food now!" she yelled. I sucked in her body and felt her soul leak out. I swallowed. One by one I ate my sort of willing sacrifices until just the pregnant woman remained and of course the man. "For god’s sake get ahold of yourself! She's gonna eat us! Don't you care at all?! Care about your child?!" he screamed shaking her. "I want to be eaten. Don't you want to feed your mistress? Me and my baby will nourish our mistress and help her fight evil. Why fear that?" she said. I pick her up and chew her up. He watches in horror. "Now for you" I said. I reach for him and he screams until he grips his chest. "Are you kidding me?!" I yelled. I watch this shrunken man die of a heart attack. "Thanks for sucking the fun out of at the end there" I said. Fuck I feel bloated. I let out a belch feeling my full stomach. Nearly a hundred bodies in there. I look at the time. "9:57. Maybe I'll take a nap. Set my alarm on my watch. Now don't go anywhere" I shout.

 

My watch wakes me up around 3. I'm half full now. Humans are easy to digest at that size. The joke at the academy is humans are like Chinese food. You eat a bunch and are hungry for more soon after. I make my way to the right side of the gym. There they are. Many wake to the sounds of others screaming that I'm here. This ground is smaller. Maybe 50. "Please don't eat us!" a woman cried. "Why shouldn't I? The others cried that. Didn't help them" I said. "We're human beings for god’s sake!" a man yelled. "You point? I'm eating you because you're human" I said. Some gasped hearing that. "At least spare the children!" a woman clutching her daughter said. I thought about it. Eating this many was daunting for me unless...

 

"Fine. I won't eat them on one condition. Parents with kids step forward. Out of the 50 23 stepped forward scared shitless. I held out my hand pointed to the other 27. "Shrink" I said. They shank even smaller until they were no bigger than ants. "Now here's the deal. I will spare you and your kids if you eat those there" I said. "You...you can be serious?!" a father said. I crushed him under my finger. "Anyone else think I'm joking?" I said. I watched a woman run to the bug sized crowd and grab three people. She pushed them into the hands of her 9 year old son and 11 year old daughter. "Eat! For god’s sake eat!" she screamed. The daughter shoved the man (guess it was a man. I had to squint) into her mouth and chew. She grimaced at the taste of his blood. The son watched his mother and sister eating theirs and began eating a teen girl.  They looked sickened but they had done it. "Free to go" I said pushing the door open with my foot. They ran out. Seeing that the rest ran for people of their own. They ate any they could find. Some even fought for some. And man and teen fought over a girl. A woman with her kid fought s woman and her teen son for a man and his wife. I couldn't help but laugh.

 

10 minutes had gone by and all the ant people were gone I had let out the last of the others. "Stupid. Where do they truly think they're going? Bet that never entered their tiny frightened minds. Whatever. Something will eat them. Some rat or spider or something. It's fucking Florida. Something is out there" I mutter. I go to the next group. They were busy trying to climb to a vent using themselves as a ladder. I sat down and encircled my legs. They quickly backed away from the wall and my feet. Around 200 here. Man. That's a lot to eat. Hmmm...their faces so scared of me. Makes me wet. Why don't I have fun with that?  They scream loud enough I can hear them. "Please let us go like the others!" some cry. "Don't think that would be a good idea. I noticed some rat droppings at the door as I came in. Someone your size would be a snack to them.  Many wailed and cried while other just hung their heads in hopelessness.

 

"I'll tell you the truth. There's too many of you to eat. Now that doesn't mean most of you won’t die. No sir. Ever since my baser instincts have begun to take over my body has been called craving some attention. My nipples are rock hard and my pussy aches to be filled. Who wants a go at the biggest cunt your lives ever seen?" I asked. I spread my lips and they withdrew in horror. "No takers. That's hurts a girl's feelings" I said. I grabbed a bunch of them and began shoving them into me. Handful after handful went in until I felt myself full down there. A teenager was screaming for help from his mother hanging out of my pussy. I Maugham as my finger shoved him all the way in. "Oh fuck! It's been too long since I did this! Forgot how fucking good it feels! Squirm you tiny shits! Make me cum!" I screamed. So many trapped inside. At least 30 of them shoved deep into the wet hot furnace of my reproductive organs. Men, women, and children. Some who never even seen pussy before are drowning and suffocating inside one. Jesus I feel some in my fucking womb.

 

I lay back on my hand panting while the other fingered my cunt. I grabbed a few of them and crushed them against my tits. They squirmed just enough to send shivers up my spine until I pressed too hard and their frail bodies just popped. The blood and guts stained my skin reddish pink. I grabbed another handful and dropped them into my mouth. I loudly smacked my mouth as I chewed them up. They were in total panic and tried to climb my legs to get free. The sweat I had worked up made that impossible. They would get partly up and just slip right off. At their size it was like falling 20 ft. No surprise they cried out as they hit the floor with broken legs and ankles. For fun I flicked them. Their bodies hit made wet slaps hitting the wall. Seeing their failure, more tried to escape by using my feet. I chucked at how it tickled them climbing my heel, instep, and big toe. I let the first few escape. Seeing them get away they all came now.

 

Just as about 25 or 30 had gathered at my feet and were busy shoving and pushing others out of the way I quickly slammed my soles together. A loud crunch and squirts of blood erupted into the air. Ironically the ones in the center of the crowd mostly survived. A man in his late 60's was trapped between my toes. A simple scrunch and his cries turned to gurgles as his body just flattened like a toothpaste tube. I pressed harder and the crunches got louder and wetter until the last tickling I felt was gone. I pulled my feet apart and saw so many squashed flat as shit and stuck to my reddened soles. Seeing this I came. "AUUUGH!" I yelled cumming. The struggles down there had gotten smaller as no out doubt people began smothering and drowning. I barely heard but definitely felt the crunching of their bodies by my vaginal walls. I took me a minute to come down. I felt nothing down there. I glanced down and saw my juices streaked with blood. There was whimpering and crying coming from the floor.

 

Amidst all the carnage and crushed bodies littering the floor four had survived. An older man and woman with two young kids. I guessed them to be retirees and their grandkids. "Oh god! She's seen us!" the man said. "Please spare them. Kill us if you have to. We're old. Just spare them" the grandmother said. Now the thing about eating old people is this. The older a soul is after puberty the more bitter. That one reason not to eat them. My mistress told me it was like eating cigarette ashes. Another thing is their souls are very weak. Pointless to shrink them since you use up more energy than you get back. Waste of time and energy. The kids here in the other hand...

 

They were maybe 10 or 11. That grey area age for puberty. I got down on my knees and crawled a foot to them. My face was inches from them. When the bloodlust takes over it doesn't just magnify lust or desire, it enhances our senses. Our eyesight improves, touch goes up which needless to say fuels the libido. My hearing got sharper which explains why I can hear them easily right now. My sense of taste is up. I still taste the blood of hundreds on my tongue and teeth. Then there's smell. At its peak I can smell a soul. I take a long whiff. A whiff so powerful they stumble from the wind. I can smell them. They are just starting to ripen. I lick my lips. The kids start crying. "You can do this! This is wrong!" the man yells. "I don't disagree" I said. "Then why do this?!" he screamed. "Something world ending is coming and I need energy to stop it. I need your souls" I hissed. "Then take me and my wife's!" he screamed. "Your souls are worn out and weak. They on the other hand are very suitable. This one here. The boy. I can smell his soul flittering. Weaker than it should be. No doubt from masturbation. The girl here is ovulating. I...I have to have them!" I yelled. I bent down and seized the two kids from their grandmother like a T-Rex with my mouth. The woman screamed helplessly as her grandkids were slowly slurped in.

 

Their tiny kicking legs were enveloped until only their feet stuck out and then they were all the way in. Oh god I can taste them! It's been so long since I tasted something so powerful! Like cinnamon buns and fucking all rolled into one! It was so intense I came. I sucked on them rolling them around until I tasted their soul just ran out. They stopped moving and I let them slip down my throat. The woman was on her knees sobbing. Her husband hugging her. I left them that moment before I slammed my palm down on them crushing them.

 

I got up and looked at the time. 3:45. I was thirsty as shit. There were coolers everywhere so no problem with that. I gulped down a Dr. Pepper. My mouth wasn't dry anymore and it helped settle my bloated stomach. How many did I eat? I guessed 300. I knew there were 50 or 60 left. Thing is they were on the bleachers or around them. I walked over and looked around. I saw bodies on the floor. Tiny spots of blood. They must have fallen off when they were shrunk. Like falling off a building at their size. I saw movement. "Oh some survivors" I said. I walked under the bleachers to get a better look. A laughed at seeing a spider drinking someone who was caught in its web. "Wow you took advantage of the situation" I said getting close. There were three other web cocoons. One had tiny feet sticking out and was twitching. My sharpened hearing picked up a teen boy's voice. His voice cracked with fear and puberty.

 

A crunch under my feet. Another one dies under my sole. I saw this I was bothersome and they were probably dirty anyway. "Fuck it" I said walking away. They were most likely happy I left thanking God. Good luck surviving. This school was lousy with pests. I was sweaty and bloodstained. My toes sticky with remains. I carried myself to the gym locker room to shower. I stood there with the water running. My pussy felt bloated. "Oh yeah" I said remembering why. It took me a full 10 minutes to get them out. A few were stuck way back against my cervix. Their broken bodies fell on the shower stall floor and I pushed them into the drain. My knees shook. The bloodlust had worn off. I was becoming me again. I was coping as best as I could. Trying to keep my shit together until as I was probing my cunt for any stragglers a lone body fell to the floor. I stared at it for a moment. It was a girl and boy. I thought it was one body but it was two. They were holding each other at the final moments. They...they were at most 8. I fell to my knees. The interesting thing about showering is it’s hard to tell when someone is crying. The water looks the same as tears. My sobbing was the only clue to anyone who survived and made their way into here.

 

Tonight I was a monster. Only tonight. Ever since I became a soul eater I never once wished to be human again...until now. Not even when daddy died. Hell if it existed would have a special place for me after this. If I was going there I wouldn't care...not anymore. I found some clothes my size that were mostly clean. A random pile that belonged to a victim. I didn't want to put my own clothes back on. They smelled of sweat and....well you can't describe what an emotion smells like can you? In the pocket of the jeans was a phone. No service. Not surprised seeing how the storm was. It belonged to a girl that looked to be 17 judging from her lock screen pic. Her jacket in the pic was embroidered with the letters of this school. "She was a student here" I said to myself. She had come here with her family trusting this place, a place that made her happy, would protect her and her loved ones. I played a song from her playlist. "Love Me Harder" filled my ears as I thumbed through her pictures.

 

You might wonder why I would bother. I wonder that too. Penance maybe? Punishment? Every picture was vile to me. Happy. Full of life. I stole that from her. I slammed the phone down on the floor. I cried. I curled up in a sleeping bag and set the alarm for 7:50. What few hours I slept was mercifully free of dreams. Was it God's way of sparing me from some of the guilt or was it punishment as in I wasn't worthy of the gift of dreams? I'll never know.

 

I woke up and made my way to the front door. Janet will be here soon. A few bloodstains on the floor. I was right. Some vermin found a few. I know there are more alive but what good will it do to live? I see some at the front door. They run away seeing me walk to it. I just look at them. They are looking at me while they run away. They wonder why I don't chase or bother them. It's morning. I was a monster last night. Only for that night. It's a new day today.

 

Janet's pov again...

 

It's 8. She told me not to get here earlier. God. What did we do? I see her open the doors. She's not wearing the clothes she arrived in. Why? Here she comes. "Hey Amber" I say. She nodded as she shut the door and put her seatbelt on. "The weather let up" I said trying to make conversation. She says nothing. "Amber. I’m here if you want to talk" I said. "I'm fine Janet" she says. She's twitching. "You don't look fine" I said. She looks at her twitching hand. "It's not what you think. I have over 300 souls in me right now. In human terms it's like drinking 15 cups of coffee" she said. "300 souls? So you did it?" I asked. "Down to the dirtiest deed. I'm going to kill your sister or go to hell today. Why don't you turn the radio on" she said. I did. The song "2 Heads" by Coleman Hell. We listened to the lyrics for about 5 seconds until Amber touched the radio. It shorted out in a puff of smoke. "Never liked that song" she muttered. We were both silent for the rest of the drive home.

 

We walked in and I could hear Eve talking quietly. "Mommy loves you so much" she said. I peeked in and saw her kissing the heads of her sleeping kids. "Chris. If I don't make it back..." Eve said stifling a cry. "Don't. Don't you dare. You're going to make it back. When you do we're going to have wild sex. You'll insert me in head first like you know I hate and then make that puppy dog face. The face you know I can't stay mad at" he said. Eve cried in his arms. Amber and me sat on the sofa and waited for her. She came into the living room wiping away her tears. "You guys ready to kick some ass?" Eve said. "Absolutely. I owe that woman pain" Amber said. Her body faintly glowed with power. Amber motioned for me to open a vortex. She was more than ready to go. I did and Amber stepped through without hesitation. "Is she alright?" Eve asked. "She ate over 300 people last night. Whatever pride she had about her soul eater code or whatever she calls it is in tatters. She lost something else important to her and God help whoever gets in our way today" I said. "That's a good thing right? Her being so motivated" Eve said. "Depends. All I know is I not going to walk in front of her" I said. We were through the vortex.

 

"We ended up on a ridge overlooking the town. "It's pretty here" Eve said. "You should see it in springtime" I said. "Guys. Look" Amber said pointing to the west. O. The west side of town we saw trucks in camo, armored vehicles, soldiers. All in all about 30 of them. The news did day troops would be coming in but that was tomorrow. Someone got impatient. "This isn't going to end well" I said. "Well they got big guns, grenades, and shit. Maybe they'll do the job for us" Eve said. A few seconds after saying that red beams of light shot from buildings on the edge of town. They struck the vehicles and in a flash they were gone from sight. "You were saying Eve?" I asked. "Humph" Amber said walking down the ridge. “Slow down! They're dug in!" I said. "As if I care" Amber said. It took some convincing but we managed to get Amber to sneak into town from the south.  "So far so good. Think she knows we're here?" Eve asked. "She knows" I said pointing to my trembling amulet.