- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

and now back to the show

We returned to the Coast Guard Academy. "So how are we getting past security? They got cameras and guns and shit" Chris said. "You're thinking like a human. Think bigger or in this case smaller" I said looking around. I concentrated a location spell and found my way in. "Stand very still" I said to him. I held his hand as I shrank us. Smaller and smaller we shrank until we were just a half inch tall. "Sweet Jesus!" Chris said seeing a rock the size of a boulder and blades of grass tower over us. "Don't move or run when it approaches" I said. "What approaches?" Chris asked nervous. A field mouse ran towards us. "That" I said. "Oh shit. Oh shit" Chris muttered. "Control" I said invoking a mind control spell. The mouse squeaked and stopped moving. "Get on" I said climbing onto the mouse's back. He got on and held me tight. Chris was scared shitless.  

 

"He won't eat us will he?" Chris asked. "Not now. Shush, I need to concentrate" I said. I stroked the smelly fur of the mouse and told it to take us into the building. Chris' fear eroded as he felt the wind rush past as the mouse sprinted through the field. If there was a way in a mouse will find it. The mouse found an air vent a story up and that led us to the air ducts. "Thanks" I told the rodent as I hopped off. The mouse scampered off free of my control. The air vent stretched on for like a mile to us before we found a way out. "Hold on" I told Chris. "No way! It's like a 700 ft. drop for us!" Chris said. "Don't be a pussy" I said yanking him with me. I quickly enlarged us before we landed. "Chris you need to work on trust issues. Nothing is going to happen to you. Not while I'm here. Got it?" I asked ruffling his hair. "Sorry sis" he said. "How do we find this guy?" Chris asked. "Bet he had a private room. Probably listed in some directory" I said. We were in a storage room. I cracked open the door. The hallway was dim. Good. This makes it easier.

 

We walked the hallway and saw a directory sign. "The officers’ quarters are on the third floor. Just one floor up" I said. I hit the elevator button. We stepped into the elevator and hit the third floor button. Nothing happened. "That light flashed red" Chris said pointing to a keycard reader. Damn. "Just magic the thing" Chris said. "Magic isn't a one stop solution Chris. It's only as good as the caster. Believe me. I don't know a single application to override a keycard reader. An EMP would just knock it out. Think Amber. Got it! The stairwell! They have to have one in case of fire!" I said. We went to the end of the hallway and opened the stairwell door. We walked to the top floor and four. The door locked. "Now this I can work with. Simple lock meet Amber Grayson" I said. I conjured a simple magnetic field. The tumbler turned and click it opened. "So there are limits to magic?" Chris asked.  "Absolutely. Magic is just the tweaking or hacking the natural laws of the universe. Like just now I used the natural magnetic field in the iron of this door lock and boosted it by 1000% to turn the bolt. I can create fire from oxygen or shoot lightning using static electricity and free flowing ions in the atmosphere" I said. "You always were a science geek" he said. Alright, let's find us an Order member" I said.

 

It didn't take long. Each officer had their name on a door plaque. "You hear that?" Chris whispered. "Oh yeah. Let's interrupt them" I said. I unlocked the door and we rushed in. We found Jefferson and we were right about what he was doing. He was busy fucking a female cadet. She couldn't have been older than 18. "Who the fuck is you?!" Jefferson yelled. The girl riding his cock yelped at the compromising situation she was caught in. She got off of him and grabbed her clothes. "Who am I? Maybe this will answer your questions?" I said. I shrank the girl right there and Jefferson watched in horror as she dwindled down to 3 inches. "Take care of her" I told Chris. "Hello cutie" Chris said snatching the frightened girl up. "A soul eater. A fucking soul eater!" he said reaching for his dresser drawer. I fired up a gravity spell and he sank into his bed. The bed creaked and he groaned from the pain. "That's a level 1 gravity spell. Right now the gravity pressing down on you is 4g's" I said. He tried lifting his arm and couldn't.

 

"Just kill me you fucking freak" he hissed. "Fuck you say?" Chris said pulling his gun out with his right hand as he held the shrunken girl with his left. "No! That's what he wants. He fears the alternative to a quick death and hopes your shot will alert the guards here. Nice try Paul Jefferson, member of the Order" I said. "What are you going to do to me? Eat me?" he asked getting scared. "No, I need you. Three years ago a chopper came from here to kill some soul eaters. One of them was me" I said. "Oh god. You're that girl we couldn't find. She said you would come for us." he said. "No flies on you Paul. I want to know where the Order Branch is for this region" I said. "Go fuck yourself! I won't tell you shit. That girl that gave us the message, she killed herself. She couldn't bear living that size all her life. Threw herself off somebody's desk. So if you think I'll say anything you're stupid as well as evil “he said. “Yes you will.  You will tell me what I want to know. I'd rather have you tell me willingly though. Spares me some trouble" I said. My eyes glowed as I invoked a mind control spell.

 

"What are you doing to...ahhhgh!" Jefferson yelled as my spell penetrated his mind. "He's fighting me...I almost...got it" I said grunting. He had a strong will but his defenses crumbled under my assault. He went rigid and then relaxed. I dropped the gravity spell. "He's under...ohhhh" I said falling backward. "Amber!" Chris yelled catching me. "I'm alright. I just burned a good amount of energy. I feel weak. Haven't fed for a while" I said. "But you just...oh you mean that" he said. I nodded. "We don't need her do we?" he asked. "No we don't" I replied looking at the girl in his hand. Chris handed me the girl. "No, what are you going to do to me?!" she yelled. She got her answer as I opened my mouth. "Don't eat me! I'm a human being!" she screamed. "Chris turns away" I said. "No, I'm not afraid" he said. "Chris..."

 

"No, this is who you are now. Don't be embarrassed because I'm here. We're family after all" he said. I smiled. "Sick fucks! YOU ALL ARE A BUNCH OF SICK FUCKS!" the girl screamed as I lowered her into my mouth. Chris watched me with fascination as I closed my mouth and muted the screaming. He stared at me as I sucked on the tiny girl and made sure her tiny pussy rubbed my tongue. She was halfway horny when we came in so it didn't take too long for her to cum. That sweet flavor washed my mouth and I tasted her soul. I was so famished I sucked her soul right out of her. She was barely moving as I swallowed her. She just slid backwards into my throat. "Whoa. You really ate her. I saw her body bulge your throat out. Is she still alive?" he asked. "Barely. Another minute and I will have absorbed her body and soul" I said. I turned to the man.

 

I shrank him down to an inch. Small enough to put in my breast pocket. "Damn you look better already" Chris said. "Feel better too. Help me get this window open" I said. We pulled the old window open and located our ride out. A raven perched on a heat vent. "Here we go again" I said shrinking us down. Poor Paul was termite size now. "How are we...never mind" Chris said as a wind spell took us up to the window sill. I took control of the Raven and soon we were airborne. I had it land next to the car. "Can't believe we pulled it off" Chris said. "No kidding. I expected a firefight" I said as I grew us back to size. We got in the car and planned our next move. "What about him?" Chris asked. My spell was wearing off. Paul was coming back to his senses. "Toss him into the glove box" I said. Chris chucked as he popped the glove box and drooled the disoriented man inside. We could hear his screaming as I drove down the dark road.

 

We checked into a cheap hotel. Chris dropped Paul on the bed. "Now you're going to tell me where this Branch office is" I said. "You ate someone I liked. Go fuck yourself" he said. "A broken record is you Paul. I can call you Paul right. While you were having fun inside my glove box I saw on people search that you have a son and daughter. Max age 9 and Julie aged 6. Even found the city they live in. God bless Facebook.   Now I'm going to make you a deal you can't refuse. You tell me where the Branch office is and I won't pay them a visit. I'll even sweeten the deal. I'll let you go" I said. He stared at me with contempt. "You win. I'll tell you what I know" he said defeated.

 

"The office is located in Salem, Massachusetts." he said. "The Salem?" Chris asked. "Fucking figures" I said. "So you'll let me go right. Change me back right?" "First one yes. Second one no" I said. "You rotten bitch" he hissed. I picked him up and put him on the floor. I pointed my finger at him. "Wait please! You said you wouldn't kill me!" he yelled. "I should for disrespecting me but I won't. Bye Paul" I said. He screamed until he was too tiny to be heard. "Damn. Where’d he go?" Chris asked. "He's still there. Micron sized now though. Fun fact. There are more dust mites in one room than there are people on the planet. Carnivorous too. Wonder how long he'll last with ten billion monsters hunting him in here. He might even make it out of here. In two or three weeks of walking time" I said. Chris gave me the oh shit look. I showered and climbed into bed. I watched my brother doze off wondering how he was so stable today. He looked like he enjoyed me eating that girl.

 

I began muttering again to myself. It was my endgame. A spell so devastating it would change the world. A spell three years in the making. "Amber what are you doing?" he asked. "I woke you up. Sorry. It's just something to help me relax. Chris are you doing okay?" I asked. "Yeah, why do you ask?" he said. "Its just...the look you had when I ate that girl" I said. He got quiet. "I...I just thought it was cool was all" he said. I could tell he was uncomfortable. "You do know I did that not to be cruel right?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. "Chris, I'm getting the vibe you want to try that" I said. He was very quiet. "I'm judging you Chris. I was taught in the academy that there are some who have a fetish called voreaphilia so you're not crazy. Just different. I'll shrink someone so you can feel it for yourself but no innocents got it?" I asked. I saw him poke his head out of the sheets in the moonlight. "Okay" he said. I couldn't judge him not after what I had done or was about to do. I had eaten innocents. God knows I have but that my lot in life. Very little choice there. Not Chris. Then again even if he doesn't have the spark of a soul eater he did carry the bloodline. Maybe even the instinct. Maybe that is the reason some have that fetish....

 

 

It took barely two hours to get to Salem. I was disgusted by the town. They made a mockery of the word witch and hypocrisy of the word magic. Tourist trap stores and palm readings dotted the city. "We need to get you something with bigger teeth" I told Chris. I found my first stop and first victim. A gun store owner. The bell rang signaling our arrival. "How can I help you two? You two seem young for a gun" he said. "He is and I'm not" I replied. "Okay. Let me see some ID first" he said. With a snap of my fingers I shrank the middle aged man down to two inches. He stood there shocked just inches from my sandaled foot. I snatched him up. "Chris pick out a hunting rifle. One with a scope while I feed" I said. I walked to a corner while Chris browsed. I ripped off the man's pants and shirt. "Please let me go!" he begged. My fingernail eased off his undies. Just some prodding and he was hard. He grimaced as I sucked his cock. His legs kicked the air as I sucked his little dick. "What the fuck are you" he cried cumming. His soul leaked out of him. "A real witch" I said grinning. He screamed as I tossed him into my mouth and swallowed.

 

"Found anything?" I asked. "This Remington looks cool. How was he?" Chris asked. "Not filling. A little old for what I needed. There's a sweet spot in the age range. About 15" I replied. "I see. Help me get some ammo while I look for some cash. What? You ate him. Might as well rob his ass" Chris said seeing my surprised look. We got the rifle and ammo and stole about $1400 worth of cash. "Uh oh" Chris said pointing to a surveillance camera. "Not a problem" I said. I walked to the back of the store to this guy's office. I saw the computer. A simple bolt of electricity took care of the evidence.  "Now that's done I should take care of some of these phonies. Gives me a chance to fill up on energy" I said. "How much do you need to eat?" he asked. "About 10 more. I'm going to burn up a fuckton of energy for this strike" I said. "About earlier..."

 

"I haven't forgotten" I said knowing what he was asking. First thing I did was go to a palm reader. "Madam Zenovia. She sounds like a poser" I said opening the door. Now here's some bit of knowledge for ya. Fortune telling is real. Learned back at the academy that it's a Greek magic art. Was way more common centuries ago when soul eaters weren't so hunted. Now it's just fakes and Christ was this woman fake. A Caucasian woman in her early 20's with a red scarf around her head. She was busy on her phone when we walked in. "Good morning. Nice day for a fortune told isn't it?" she said smiling. She ushered us to sit at a table with this cheap ass crystal ball on top of it. "So what shall I scry? Love lives or just the general future?" she asked. "The future" I replied. She waved her hands like she was doing magic. "I see great happiness in your future. You will accomplish your goals and be recognized by your peers" she said. "Does it say anything about death?" I asked. "....no. You will live another 70 or 80 years" she said. "And here I was about to believe you might be the real thing" I said. My eyes glowed.

 

"You should see what real magic is. Let me show you how it's supposed to be done" I said grabbing her hand. "What are you doing?' Let me...ow!" she said feeling me cut her finger with my fingernail. I let her blood drip onto the crystal ball. "My mistress said you need blood to see someone's future. A drop of their soul to pierce the veil of time. I see fear and sadness followed by pleasure and then death" I said. She yanked her hand back hard. A simple gesture and she shrank down to 3 inches. "All yours bro" I told Chris. He gleefully picked her up. He squeezed her a bunch of times just to hear her yelp. He hooked his finger underneath her dress and yanked it right off like it was tissue paper. He just chuckled as she cried when he pulled off her bra and panties. He slid off her flats and she was naked in his hand. Chris was breathing hard. It was obvious he was turned on. He began fondling her body. Her tits, her ass, and then her pussy. He pulled his finger back and saw it was shiny with her juices. He sucked it.

 

"I'll give you some privacy" I said awkwardly.   I heard him talking to her. "You're cute. Cute little pussy you got there. Everything is so cute about you. Cute tiny feet and hands. It's a shame I want to eat you. I'd keep you as a pet otherwise" I heard him say. "No you can't eat me! I'm a human being!" she yelled. She moaned as I guessed he was raping her with his tongue. She let out a sound like a mouse and then she screamed. Then nothing. Chris walked to me and I could see movement in his mouth. "** **** ***. * *** ******** ***** ***" he said. "I don't didn't catch one fucking word. Don't talk with your mouth full" I said. He swallowed. "I said....oh shit I can feel her in my stomach trying to escape. I said I could actually taste her. Is this what it's like to eat people? This fucking rocks! I wish I could be a soul eater!" he yelled. "Being a soul eater isn't just about eating people. It learning to fit into society and having to deal with outliving those you love...even you" I said looking away. Chris' smile disappeared. He knew what I meant. The high price for immortality was not souls but solicitude. Goes to show why most gravitated back to academy every century or two. 

 

We hit more shops along the way. An annoying young man dressed in period clothes gave out flyers for a tour outside an office ended up in my belly. Another man selling cheap shirts begged me to eat him after a mind control spell. "Eat me! I want to be your food!" he cried as I sucked his cum out of his tiny prick. I was having fun with this spell. Within the hour I had eaten 7 people. I was looking for another when I walked into a costume rental shop. I didn't see anyone working. Just regular people looking at shit. As I needed the back I heard moaning. I unlocked the door and went around the corner. I chuckled as I saw this 22 year old guy fucking this 19 year old girl. He had her panties down and was fucking her as she leaned on the desk. They had no idea I was there.   I snap of my fingers and down they went. I shrank them to two inches.

 

They realized something was wrong when she wasn't leaning on the desk. They screamed seeing the giantess standing over them. "Don't stop. Continue" I said after placing them in my palm and working my mind control magic. "...yes mistress" they said. It was a win win for everybody. They got to experience pleasure at the end of their lives and I didn't have to do a thing to make them cum for their soul energy. It was like watching two tiny mice mating. I dumped them in my mouth and did nothing. They kept fucking on my tongue. After a minute I tasted sweetness, saltiness, and mixed flavors of souls. I gulped them down as he was still inside her. I released my hold on them and felt them moving around. It died down quickly as they were all but spent. Their last moments surrounded by digesting bodies and bones.

 

"Found something?" I asked Chris. "This" he said holding up a tee-shirt that said "I survived Salem Massachusetts". "Nice. Get me one. I could use a good luck charm" I said.  We walked out past regular folks that had no clue I had just ate the cashier and stocker of the store. One person asked if I saw who worked there. I replied yes and they were gone now. "So where is the place at?" Chris asked. "In the wooded area outside the city" I replied. I drove to the woods and parked. "Here's the plan. I'm going in to get some info before I send this place to hell. Your job is to take out any who make it out alive and call me if they bring reinforcements" I said. Chris looked pleased to finally being able to do something. "Right here. It’s right here" I said standing in the middle of the forest. "I don't see shit except trees" he said. "Anything odd about these trees here?" I asked. "Well now that I look, these trees here seem younger than the others. Shorter too" he said. "That's because they are younger. These were farmed trees. Probably planted every few decades. The Branch office is underground. It's the only explanation" I said.

 

"You sure?" he asked. "Look there. A worn out path on the ground in the middle of nowhere. Yeah I'm sure an I'll bet it leads to an entrance" I said. We walked the short path and found a metal door embedded into a hill. "Post up behind the tree. Get ready to move out when I come out" I said taking out my headphones and putting the jack into my phone. "What are you doing?" he asked. "Getting my soundtrack on. Helps me focus" I said. He hugged me. "Be careful" he said. I smiled as turned to approach the door. I looked and saw him using a tree for cover.  I began playing my music. Fall Out Boy's The Phoenix filled my ears. "Put on your war paint" I said to the lyrics.

 

I channeled the myriad of souls I had eaten into power necessary to kill those who offended me. I invoked a level three gravity spell I had tweaked last year. Shield and Sword was the name. A shell of 200g's surrounded my body.  I literally punched the steel door off its frame. Sirens went off immediately. I walked the corridor of concrete and steel. I wanted the find the control room. It had the location of all their bases including the main one. It was somewhere in the Vatican but I needed more than just that. These fucks were like roaches. To get rid of them you had to kill them all. Personnel came out from a hallway and aimed SMG's at me. They fired. A hail of bullets hit my shield and each one went thunk to the floor. They kept at it till they ran dry. "Strike a match and I'll burn you to the ground" I said with the music. A simple agitation of oxygen molecules and they spontaneously combusted in front of me.

 

I made my way further in. One fool tried to grab me by the neck. I didn't have to do shit. Soon as his arms touched my shield they broke like twigs. He screamed in pain as I just walked away. People with handguns tried to stop me. Grenades exploded and just obscured my vision. I thought I found the room and opened the door. "Wrong door" I said seeing it was their cafeteria. At least 20 people were there with assault rifles. Before they got a shot off I released one of my favorite spells. "Shrink pulse" I said. Each one shrank as they were standing. I had put some power in that one. They were just an inch tall. They tried to run but at that size you won't cover much distance. I prodded my way through that room crushing them. They stained the tile floor and my sandals with their blood. One brave man fired his little gun at me even as I raised my foot over him.  His body went splat and his bones crunched as I twisted my foot. Finally I found what I was looking for.

 

I had to drop my shield to work on their computer. I plugged in a flash drive and began sucking away their secrets. Hmm...9 bases in all. That's going to take some time" I said looking at the map. I heard the door open and footsteps. I turned around to see a teen holding a gun with a shaking hand. My eyes glowed. He threw down his gun. "I surrender! Just don't hurt me!" he cried. I powered down. The computer beeped. Someone had firewalled the base. I wasn't going to get anything out of this one now. No matter. I got enough to tell me where to go next. Then a sharp pain to my side. I glanced down and saw s sharpened bone sticking in my side. "Femur blade" I said. I turned and saw the teen picking up his gun. "Little fuck. I have you a chance. SHRINK!" I yelled. He shrank to two inches. I healed the wound but that took a good amount of energy. He ran for his life. I took a few steps and caught up with him. "This calls for a personal touch" I said. I took off my sandal and raised my foot over him.  "NO PLEASE!" he screamed as I lowered my sweaty sole onto him. I applied pressure very slowly.

 

His screams were muffled under my soleflesh. Then the first crack. His flailing increased and then another crack. He was frantic. Then a bunch of cracks and then I saw blood trickle out from under my foot. He had stopped moving. I raised my foot. I didn't see him. I looked at my sole. He was stuck firm to it deader than the Elvis. I wiped my foot off on the floor. His remains were smeared into the government issue gray carpet.

 

I was done here. I made my way back to the entrance. There was no opposition. I stepped outside and I saw 5 bodies dead in the grass. Chris did his job. He ran to me. "Are you okay! Jesus there's blood on you!" he said. "Yeah I got careless. I'm fine. It won't happen again" I said. "I shot those who were fleeing. No reinforcements though" he said. "Element of surprise. Chris get back" I said. This would be tricky. I was going to fire off a big spell and had to make sure I didn't drain myself dry. I concentrated. A pillar of light appeared as I charged up my spell. "The sun shines in the just" I said flexing my right hand. "...and the unjust" I said flexing my left hand. "Level 4 spell Helios Ascending!" I screamed. A blast of intense burning light shot from my hands into the base. The very air combusted so fast it caused a backdraft of explosive proportions. The hillside shook. Anything still living in there was ashes. I felt dizzy and fell to the ground. "I got you!" Chris said. My little brother carried me to the car.

 

I passed out as he drove. I awoke and it was nighttime. "Hey. How do you feel?" Chris asked. "Drained" I replied. "You scared the shit out of me. I thought you were dead" he said.  "No, but when we use too much energy we can die. Second time I got careless today. Where are we?" I asked. A hotel in the suburbs of Boston. We made the new...kind of" he replied. He played a video clip on his phone. "Shocking news out of Salem today. At least 10 people have been reported missing and tremors was felt throughout the city. Investigators have been denied access to the area by government officials citing possible terrorist attack" the reporter said. "The Order works fast. Bet they're shitting themselves wondering who was bold enough to take out the east coast Branch office" I said. "We need to move but not now you need rest" he said. "What I need is a soul" I said. "Can you walk?" he asked. I sat up on the bed and slipped on my sandals. I stood up. I was weak but I could move. “Five by five" I said.

 

I let him drive. "I only need one" I said. He nodded. "There" I said pointing to boy around 15 walking a dog. I stepped out of the car and walked up to him. "Where did you come from babe?" he said attracted to me. I waved my hand and he shrank down to two inches along with his dog.  I snatched him up and ripped his clothes off. I was so famished I didn't even suck him off. I tossed him to my mouth and chewed his screaming body right up. I swallowed the mush and felt his soul invigorate me. I hate chewing them up. Some soul eaters actually prefer this way. I don't. It's gross having someone else's blood in your mouth. "Take me to Mickey D's. I'm not just going to satisfy myself with a horny kid. Shut up!" I yelled crushing that tiny dog under my foot. We grabbed our food and went back to the hotel.

 

Chris didn't say much. He stared out of the window. "You okay? You're quiet" I said. He flexed his shoulder with some pain. "I'm fine. Shoulder hurts" he said. "Let me see" I said. He took off his shirt and I saw a bruise on his shoulder and armpit. "Rifle got a good kick to it" he said. I healed it for him. "Better?" I asked. "Yeah" he said. He began chuckling. "What's so funny?" I asked. "Just remembering that time you broke your leg. You tried chasing me when I called you peg leg" he said. "Yeah and I finally caught you when you were sleeping. You jumped out of the bed when I poured water on you. Cracked you head on your hanging bookcase. That left a nasty bruise. I remember mom being pretty pissed" I said. "You kept trying to put ice on it hoping it would go away before mom noticed" he said. "I miss those days" I said quietly. "So do I" he said. I noticed tears coming out of his eyes. I was a moron. He was holding back his emotions all night.

 

Chris had become something he naturally wasn't; a killer. Sure he ate that girl but blowing somebody's brains out in the woods is different; more personal. "I think you really need to go home Chris. I mean it this time. It's what's best for you" I said. "How would you know what's best for me? HOW WOULD YOU KNOW?!" he screamed. "I’m sorry I didn't mean to..." he said sitting down. “No let it all out" I said. "How could you possibly know what's best for me? You've been gone for three years. Then you just come back into our lives drop some monumentality heavy bullshit and just go out on your crusade. Of course I was going to follow you. You're my sister. I didn't want to lose you all over again" he said sobbing. "You're right. I sorry. I can't say what's best for you but I can say this. I'm here now" I said hugging him.  He calmed down shortly after and drifted back to sleep.

 

As he slept I sent an email to Selene with a document attachment. It listed the locations of those bases. This way if I did fall my efforts weren't in vain. We sat in a diner as we discussed our next attack. "So we got two options. Option one. We attack the central hub of their operations. Cutting off the snake's head so to speak. Upside is they will be slow to react and shouldn't have time to bring in the heavy guns. Downside is their security will be heightened and will make a prolonged fight inevitable. Option two. Pick of the other 8 bases saving the hub for last. Upside to that is the amount of personnel will be considerably less seeing how most will be dead. Downside is they get more time to bring in the big shit. Choppers, missiles....maybe more" I said sipping coffee. "What do you mean maybe more?" he asked. "I was told they have access to every weapon you could think of; including nukes" I said.

 

"You can't be serious. Nukes?" Chris asked astounded. I nodded. "This is why nobody has ever combined forces to fight them recently. One good tactical nuke and we lose a good amount of our population. Our kind numbers in the hundreds Chris. With all our power we are still at a disadvantage" I said. "But to use nukes! What about killing innocent people! The fallout alone!" he said. "You're trying to use logic to explain hate Chris" I said. “I say we take out the smaller bases. Play the long game" he said. "Okay. Next stop is Virginia City Nevada" I said.

 

That was the longest drive of my fucking life. Three days. Three fucking days. According to google it takes 1 day 18 hrs. to drive there. Yeah that's right until you factor in sleep, eating (conventional food), bathroom breaks, and weather. Driving in the snow in Colorado isn't fun in a Civic. The only reason I didn't go stir crazy was "sampling" the local cuisine. How many truck drivers did I eat? 6...no 7. They weren't very filling. Old and fat. Barely worth my time and energy. I did eat some good ones though. Came across one nice father and daughter. They were on a trip to scout out the University of Denver. That poor man watched as I swallowed his daughter alive. He didn't even so much as whimper as I devoured him. She filled me up good.  The perky ones usually do. When we hit Boulder, Chris asked me again if he could eat another girl. I agreed. He'd been very patient with me.

 

We stopped at a local Hooters. It turned me off seeing these girls use their body tips. It was like diet coke prostitution. "A private booth please" he asked. Everybody and even the people on the TV were talking about the preseason for the Broncos. I never was into football or any sports. Tried gymnastics when I was 10 but quit when I broke my ankle.

 

"What are you all gonna have tonight?" a 19 year old girl asked. It wasn't her complete fault she was pissing me off. Wearing a shirt so tight you could tell she was cold or hot. Shorts so short I'd be easier to call them a wide thong. "I'll have some wings and a coke" I said. "And you sweetie?" she asked flirting with my brother. "I-I'll have the same except a ginger ale. I think I might get indigestion later" he said blushing. The girl rushed off to fill our order. "Her. I want her" he said. "Gladly" I said coldly. 10 minutes later she showed up with our food and drinks. She left but this time I followed her. She walked into the bathroom and I was right behind her. I waited till she was done and I stood beside her as she washed her hands. "My brother wants you" I said. "I'm flattered but we're not allowed to fraternize with the customers. Besides I got a boyfriend" she said. I simple snap of my fingers and she shrank to 2 1/2 inches. "I should have made myself clearer. He wants you...as food" I said. She screamed. She ran from me. I always wondered why they run. Not like they'd get far. I snatched her up. She struggled in my grip. "Let me go you fucking freak!" she screamed. "Now now. We can't have that attitude when I bring you back. You're too noisy this way. Let's try this" I said invoking a mind control spell on her. She stopped struggling and cursing me. "Here's what you're going to say to him...."

 

I returned with the girl in my pocket. I glanced around and saw the customers either watching TV or eating. No eyes on us. I dropped her on the table. "Fucking awesome" Chris said. "Go ahead girl. Tell him what you're supposed to say" I said poking the girl. "I'm here for you master. I await to be eaten" she said. Chris was ecstatic. He had her strip of her uniform until she was buck naked. Chris didn't eat her right up which surprised me. "I'm saving her for last" he said. As we ate our food, Chris had her push boneless wings to his hand. Not so easy at that size. For every wing she helped him get it was one more nail in her coffin. I could only chuckle seeing her tiny buffalo sauce footprints on his plate. It came time though to eat her. I could hear a man calling her name. He was pissed she had disappeared. Must have been her boss. "Thanks for helping me eat" Chris said picking her up. She giggled as he licked off the sauce. She laughed as he sucked on her tiny feet. She moaned when he sucked her little tits. In the end he gently pushed her into his mouth by pressing his finer on her tiny ass. Chris sucked her in and I saw her little feet disappear into his mouth. He played with her a little. He was always a copycat. He was trying to make her cum like I do when I consume prey.

 

His eyes bulged and I knew he had tasted her cum. He titled his head back and let that shrunken waitress slide down his throat. I released the mind control spell. "Oh shit I can feel her in there. God I wish I was as soul eater" he said. I smiled a bit at his enthusiasm. "Check please" I said to a passing waitress. A man returned with the check. "I'm sorry for any problems tonight. Your waitress disappeared on us. Food is on the house" he said. "Now I can't do that on good conscience. The food was great and she was nice. I'll even leave a tip" I said. "You're a better person than me ma'am. Have a good day" he said.

 

We could barely contain our laughter as he walked away. "Take care of her clothes" I said to Chris. Chris mixed her clothes into the cup of ranch. You wouldn't know there were tiny sneakers, nylons, panties, bra, and shorts in that. I cleaned my brother's mouth with her shirt and tossed that in too.

 

By the time we got to Virginia City I had 12 souls coursing through my body. "So where is it? All I see is wild Wild West shit everywhere" Chris said. "It's in an old silver mining cave" I said. I followed the GPS to the cave. "So you going in?" he asked. "Nope. They're coming to me this time" I said. The entrance was ordinary until you went deeper and hit a steel door. Looked like a Cold War era fallout door. I'd have to use really powerful magic to crack that and I didn't want to do that.  Mom once told me if I ever came across a problem I couldn't solve just try to go around it. Welł, I couldn’t go around the door. Or could I? Fun fact, many types of rocks contain either water or gas inside them. Very tiny but they're there. I put my hands on the rock wall connecting the door. I pumped strong fire magic into the rocks. After a minute I was about to give up until there was a low rumble. The rumble grew. I heard cracks. One burst of magic and I quickly ran out of the cave. "So what...what the hell is that?" Chris asked feeling tremors. Dust poured out of the cave mouth as the small mountain shook. Then it subsided. "Best way to eat crab? Crack the hard shell first" I said. I reached the door again. It was still sealed but the rock had a fissure big enough for me to step in.

 

It was a mess inside. Floors caved in on each other. People crushed under rock. I was mildly disappointed not seeing any resistance. Emergency lights lit the demolished hallways. A group of soldiers stumbled down the hallway and saw me. They looked like they had come across the devil himself. They raised their guns and I let off a wind spell. A very accurate one. They gripped their throats until they dropped to the floor. Blood trickled out of their mouths and noses. Blew their lungs out like balloons. The base shook. Rock was still trying to settle. I needed to get out before I became a victim of my own spell. As I made my way to the entrance, I saw an exposed gas line in the floor. A magnetic spell ruptured it. I dashed out of there hoping a spark didn't set it off. I waited for a minute outside. "Is it over?" he asked. I let off a lux spell down the cave and an explosion shook the ground. Fire and smoke belched out of the cave. If anyone was left in there they were barbecue. "It is now" I said. Two down, 7 to go...

 

As we drove out of the area, an APB came over the radio. They were looking for a red Honda Civic with Connecticut plates. The Order was finally getting serious. We ditched the car in an alley in Vegas. We didn't need it where we were going. Chris was excited about our trip to Mexico. He'd never been outside the country. We landed in Mexico City and checked into a hotel. We were both beat. We slept for hours and woke up at 1 am. I was hungry in more ways than one and Chris wanted to see some sights. I made sure he had his phone on him. Mexico City is a jumping place at night. Being a girl worked to my advantage. Man after horny man asked me to follow him into the nearby alley. I would emerge and they wouldn't. One man tried to outright rape me. He grabbed me by the throat and dragged me into an alley. I could feel his hands on my tits. His foul breath on the back of my head. "Shrink punta" I whispered. Immediately I felt him release me. When I turned to face him he was just an inch tall.

 

He was screaming in Spanish. "What's the matter? Too much girl for you? You wanted to rape me so bad. What changed? Well you can't rape me now or can you? I'll let you go ahead and rape my big toe" I said picking him up and dropping him under my toes. His body was pinned under my big and second toe and with each step was pressed into the sole of my sandal. He was lodged just right not to be outright crushed. "How are my sweaty American feet you Mexican pervert?" I asked after walking 5 blocks. He was alive, I could feel him twitch. I walked again looking for more souls. A boy bumped into me. I slammed my foot down to avoid falling. I felt a tiny crunch and then wetness; I glanced down and saw a trickle of blood seep out from under my foot. "I'm sorry seniority! Are you okay?" this boy asked. He was cute. Black hair with hazel eyes that accented his 15 year old face. "I'm fine" I said smiling. He blushed as I smiled. He was attracted to me! His face frowned as he saw my sandal. "Sangria! You're hurt!" he yelled. Before I could object he pulled me into a worn out apartment off the Main Street.

 

He had me sit down. You could tell his family was poor. Very poor. He yanked off my sandal and had a paper towel ready to clean the blood off. He looked confused as he wiped the blood off. "What's wrong?" I asked. "A strange bug was stuck to your foot. That's where the blood came from. I'm glad you're not hurt" he said smiling. "You can let go of my foot now" I said. He blushed and quickly apologized. "What's your name?" I asked. "Roberto" he replied looking down. I sat closer to him. "You like me don't you?" I asked. "Y-yes you're beautiful" he replied. "Your English is great Roberto" I said. "I learned watching American TV" he said. I found myself liking him more. Maybe I was seeing a little bit of Raf in him. Oh damn. Raf. "I should get going" I said. "Please wait" he said gripping my hand. As I started at his face I saw a bright red dot appear. "SHIT! GET DOWN!" I yelled pushing him to the floor. A bullet zipped through his window and impacted the wall. A half second later and I or he would be dead.

 

We were pinned to the floor. I saw that red dot searching for us. I picked up a shard of glass and positioned it to reflect. That red dot was coming from across the street from a balcony 3 floors up. *CRACK*. "AHHGH!" I yelled. He fired a round and it went right through my hand. Roberto saw it or rather saw through the gaping hole in my hand. "O dios mio!" he screamed. He was speechless as I performed a healing spell. He watched my bones grow and knit. He saw the sinew and muscles grow and reattach themselves. He saw my skin cover up the wound and leave no trace. "What are you?!" he yelled. "Someone that's pissed off" I replied. How do you kill a sniper when you can't face them? I thought about what I could do. Blind fire fireballs or lightning was a choice but what kind of collateral would I cause? I couldn't let the general public know about our private war. That laser sight...wait that's it! Something I learned in physics one day was going to save my life. When you shine a laser through the air it creates a tunnel of ionized air. This ionization conducts electricity. I just had to be very fucking fast for this.  

 

I began charging a lightning spell, a level one spell. Anything higher could collapse that cheap fucking building. I felt that power building. My finger trembled as I held it. The room began to glow white. I squeezed that light further and further down. Upping the penetration. "Here we go" I said raising my finger. The red dot hit my finger and I released it. That bolt shot from my finger. A small thunderclap and a bunch of screams filled the air. I waited a good minute to move. That red dot hadn't appeared again. I slowly popped my head up and looked. The balcony that sniper was on was smoking. The metal railing was still glowing red.   A smoking black silhouette hung over it. That fucker was well done. "It was only time till they made a preemptive move. I need to get going. It has to be more of them" I said. "El Diablo.....El Diablo es aquí!" Roberto screamed.

 

I hung my head. "I'm many things but the devil isn't one of them Roberto" I said. He was terrified of me. Worse yet he saw my magic. He was a loose end. "I'm so sorry for this. You didn't deserve to get dragged into this. Shrink" I said. He dwindled down to toe inches. I didn't say a word as I stripped him naked. I sucked his tiny cock. I figured he might as well get some degree of pleasure before dying. He whimpered as he came. Big load for someone his size. His soul was so delicious. It was like fine sugar. So pure. I swallowed him as he screamed. I just stood there feeling him move around and remembered how the mistresses told me how humans would always fear us. They could be right. No I can't think like that. Mom, dad, and Chris don't. There has to be some hope. I could hear emergency vehicles coming. Time to go.

 

"Chris. We need to go do this now" I said. "Now sis? I'm kinda busy" he said. "I nearly got my head blown off 10 minutes ago. This isn't a debate. We go now" I said sternly. We met up at the hotel. To keep a low profile I shrank Chris and put him in my pocket. I had the taxi take me near the base. 10 miles outside of Mexico City. "You sure chica? Nothing's out here except an abandoned warehouse" the driver said. My answer was handing him the fare. "Chris take point over there. You know the drill and for fuck sakes watch for vehicles and aircraft" I said. I was wary this time. They knew I was in town. As I got closer I could see lights. Soldiers were patrolling. I dashed toward them firing shrink spells. They shrank as they stood. They fired their puny guns. They were no threat to me at one inch. They had more things to worry about than me. I made my way in. Inside were armored vehicles and weapons. This must have been a weapons storage facility. You know that minute you walk in on something and know you shouldn't have? Yeah that.

 

The look on their faces. "Shrink pulse!" I yelled. A blast of magic shot from me and hit a good portion of them reducing them. It would take time to charge that level of magic again. Time I didn't have. These guys were better trained. They drew down on me without missing a beat. They ran toward me. Hell, I think they crushed their own people trying to get to me. They didn't dare fire their weapons inside the warehouse. "Sis we got a problem! Whatever you did got them fired up! They're positioning themselves outside! There's too many for me to kill!" Chris shouted over my Bluetooth. I saw them as I made it outside. I fired a fireball and scattered them. It must have a good 30 of them. Each one had enough firepower to turn me into Swiss cheese. I didn't have enough time to cast high level magic. I could fire off a bunch of level ones and maybe take out half. The other half would kill me. "Chris. You need to run okay? Just run" I said over the call. "....no. I won't leave you" Chris said. I was trapped and was going to die. I closed my eyes and heard them clack their guns ready to fire. Wait...there was something else I heard. Crickets, mosquitoes, all kinds of things I heard. Time to get desperate. "Chris, whatever you do, do not approach my location. I fucking mean it. I'm about to do something crazy" I said.

 

"After we kill you we're going to find whoever is helping you" one bold man said. "You won't get the chance. You'll be already dead" I said. The men burst out laughing. "You're surrounded punta. No magic is gonna save you. You can't kill us all!" he said. "Surrounded? You surrounded yourselves when you came out here. Enlargement pulse!" I yelled. This is actually a level two spell but I wasn’t the target. I cheated the system. By growing small creatures it took less energy and time to cast the spell. The soldiers were horrified to see ants, scorpions, crickets, a mouse, even a fucking pigeon grow to enormous size. A simple mind control spell put them in my thrall. "Go my army. Show them that we are legion for we are many" I said coldly. They panicked as my army of the desert night fell on them. A man screamed as his face was melted by formic acid an ant spat on it. Another emptied his rifle at a scorpion. The bullets just bounced off his natural exoskeleton. The arachnid skewered him with its tail and scurried off to eat its prey. Crickets ripped off heads and ate them. A woman fleeing for her life screamed as a mosquito pounced on her and stabbed her in the heart. She whimpered as her blood was drained with each heartbeat. She was empty within a minute. They fell all too quickly for me. The last screams and gunshots ended with 5 minutes of the fight. Those I had grown half were still alive. Mostly those with tough exteriors.

 

"Amber is that your friends making that noise?" Chris asked over the Bluetooth. I wondered what he meant. I listened over the sound of crunching and chewing of human flesh. A jet. A heavy jet sound. Not commercial. I liked up to see running lights. Whatever it was it was big and swooping down. I looked at my pigeon. "Go" I said. The bird took off into the night. With its size it easily gained altitude. A small boom and then I saw a trail of fire. I and Chris watched as the plane slammed into the ground. A massive explosion went up. The blast knocked us off our feet. "Ow. You okay?" I asked him. "My ears are fucking ringing but yeah. What was that?" he asked. "An explosion like that had to be a bomber. Must have been scrambled from the city airport. Too bad they didn't count on bird strike on an epic scale" I said.

 

We walked to the wreckage. "Oh shit Amber. You see this? You took out a B-52! U.S. Air Force markings and all!" Chris yelled scared as shit. "Like I said. The Order has their finger in a lot of pies. They won't take this laying down. This was their Shiloh; their Manassas" I said. I looked at the warehouse. No way was I going to leave their toys for them to get. "Cover your ears" I said. I concentrated a lux spell powered by moonlight. That white glow of death shot from my fingers into the warehouse. It took a second to hear the small explosions then bigger ones. Then the whole place went up like a fucking action set. Base number three was out.

 

We were gone the next day. The next base was just outside of Rio de Janeiro. I would like to say the next fight was hair raising. It wasn't. The news story when we got there was covering a massive explosion at the location. "Am I missing something?" Chris asked. "I don't know. Can't be a coincidence" I said. We sat in our hotel room wondering where to go next. Later that evening we were about to head out when we got a knock on the door. "Room service!" a voice cried out. "You order room service?" I asked my brother. He shook his head. The Order had found us again. "Oldest trick in the book" I said. I motioned to Chris to get his gun ready. He stood on the side of the door. I carefully unlocked it with a magnetic spell. Chris moved so fast I barely saw him.   He had a girl on the floor and held a gun to her head. "Oy! You're hurting me you little bastard!" an all too familiar voice yelled. I had Chris get off her. "Elise? Is that you?!" I yelled. "Who else would it be?" she said pissed. "The Order for one!" I yelled. "Yes, nice cock up you did there. It's the reason we're here" she said. "We? What do you mean?" I asked. "Ever since you took out that base in Washington everything's gone nutters. The academy is divided about joining your crusade. The Order has been moving personnel from the base locations you sent us. They're afraid of you striking their HQ. Jesus Amber. A soul eater in London saw them dispatching bombers over the channel" Elise said.

 

"You didn't answer my question. Who do you mean we?" I asked. "Me and my girls plus Mistress Selene. We're staying a few doors down. Imagine our surprise when we saw you walk through the door. Speaking of that, who the hell is he?" Elise asked pointing to Chris. "He's my little brother" I answered. "He's giving off a bad vibe" she said. "That's because he carries soul eater blood" I replied. "Wait you mean like the Order?!" she yelled eyes glowing. "Easy! He's not with them! He’s like you before you were activated" I said. She eased her expression. In fact it sorted softened to attraction. "So activate him. One more gun in our arsenal" she said smiling. "Can't. He has the bloodline but not the spark. Human" I said. Elise looked dejected. "The. Why is he here? He's useless" she said. "He lost something precious to him too" I said. "He knows about us Amber. A human knows about us. You know what that means" she said. She raised her hand and pointed at him. "NO! Don't you dare touch him!" I yelled. She glared at me. "Don't even try. Don't forget who kicked your ass" I said. She looked away angrily. Come to our room when you got a chance. We need to discuss strategy" she said walking out the door.

 

"What was she going to do to me?" he asked. "Something bad" I said. I waited in my room. I knew Elise had told them about Chris by now. Having him know about us was a big no no. "I'm going over to their room. Don't open the door for anyone but me" I said. He nodded. I went to their room. I knocked. "Come on in dear. We have much to discuss" Selene said. Their room was slightly modest. A door led to an adjacent room so everyone was pretty comfortable. Not including me was 6 soul eaters. Elise and her friends and Selene. Selene sat in the chair while the others sat on beds. "I've heard you have your human brother with you. I've heard he knows of us. This is a violation of our tenants. What have you to say for yourself Mistress Amber?" Selene said coldly.  "Yes I have gone against the tenant of secrecy of ours existence from humans. My brother is a special case" I said. "There are no special cases. The rule exists because history has shown humans to fear us and what humans fear they wish to control or destroy. With all our power they still outnumber us and are armed with weapons that can consume the world. This rule is absolute" she said.

 

"Don't give me that hypocritical bullshit. That tenant is broken every time we seek a mate. Even you have to admit that it’s necessary to overlook it" I said. She narrowed her eyes. "That's a valid point but this is not the case this time or do you plan to mate with your brother?" she asked. "Fuck no!" I yelled. "Exactly. He has no reason to know of our existence. This was your selfish desire" she said.  "You dare call me selfish? I'm the one fighting this fight...."

 

"Out of revenge. You turned our world on its head. That is selfish" she said cutting me off. "So what if I'm being selfish? Aren't you tired of looking over your shoulder when you want to feed? What about your children? Ever worry if a member of the Order would skewer then with a femur blade? Well thanks to my efforts no soul eater in the Western Hemisphere has to worry about that any more. Don’t hold your applause" I said. "Um we took out the one here" Neri, one for Elise's girls said quietly. "I stand corrected" I said.  "How can we trust him? He carries their bloodline" Selene said. "Our bloodline and does thousands others yet to be activated. Should we condemn them too?" I said. Selene shifted in her seat. "I'm using the toilet. It's too tense in here anyway" Elise said getting up. She left the room. "You had good intentions concerning your brother Amber but the road to hell is paved with them" she said. "Then why are you here? Why did you take out that base if I'm so wrong?" I asked indignant.

 

"Some of us have come to a decision that the Order has gone complacent relying on technology to bolster their strength. We hope that we can exploit that. Your attacks have given us the momentum to bring about their end" she replied. "I take it not all are on board with this?" I asked. She looked at me. "Let's talk on the balcony" she said. We walked onto the balcony and she shut the sliding door behind us. "No to answer your question. The others think you’ve brought disaster on us. They think it will be a war we can't win. They wanted you to answer for your decision. I...I chose different. The other mistresses voted on what to do. Me, Bell, and Senna voted not guilty the other 3 voted guilty. The vote was deadlocked. The arguments about being you back turned to if it was better to join you. In the end me, Elise, and her friends chose to fight. Amber, if I'm stern to you it's not out of anger but of concern. I don't want to show favoritism but I do love you very much. I want what's best for you" she said placing her hand on mine.

 

"He really is a nice guy. In fact he's more like us than you realize" I said. "Oh?" Selene asked curious. "He's eaten people" I said grinning. "Really?! That is surprising for a human but then again he does share our lineage. It has been known that some of our descendants even though they're not soul eaters have partaken of humans with the help of their mates" she said. "See not all bad is he?" I said. "I think I want to meet this Chris Grayson" she said. We returned to the room and I noticed that Elsie wasn't back. "Still not back? That's the longest shit in history. Wait a minute...she wouldn't?! Fuck who am I kidding?! She would!" I yelled. I ran back to my room. I remembered how she looked at Chris.  I threw my door open. "CHRIS!" I screamed not seeing him but seeing Elise on the bed....naked. "WHAT...DID...YOU...DO?!" I screamed powering up. Elise smirked at me. "I couldn't resist" she sneered.....

 

 

To be continued....

Chapter End Notes:

Is Chris gone? Will the soul eaters win this war? What is the mysterious spell Amber is creating? Find out in the second part of the two episode season premere!