- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This one turned out to be so big i decided to make it a movie! As ususal parts will be graphic. Enjoy.

Have you ever wished for the power to change the world? Of course you have. The quest for power is human instinct. But what happens when one is given a taste of the ultimate power?   Tonight we will meet some new faces and be reunited with some old ones as this question is answered. Tonight we will journey into the very nature of The Size Zone...

 

It’s her alright. No doubt about it. My half of the Amulet of Topothesia says it's her. She looks so ordinary. So happy. She has no idea what danger she's in. I need to get her to safety. I approach the girl. "Excuse me? Can I talk to you for a second?" I ask her. "Lady I'm in the middle of something. If you want directions you need to ask someone else" she replied. "I don't need directions. I do need for you to come with me" I said. Her eyes glow for a second. "Pulse" she says. My amulet vibrates slightly. She's a magic user! "Fuck are you? My spell acted like it bounced off! So the Order has a few tricks up their sleeves now. Well you fucked with the wrong soul eater! Shrink!" she yelled. For a split second my body just shudders as the amulet protects me. "Son of a bitch! I don't know how you're deflecting my spells but it'll be a cold day in hell before the Order gets the best of me!" she yelled. She raises her hand and the sky grows dark.

 

I hear thunder overhead. "Deflect this bitch!" she says. Our fight is interrupted by the booms of space-time being ripped asunder. "Shit I took too long!" I yell. "Friends of yours?!" she says making a fist.  Out of the vortex three figures emerge cloaked in black.  Before she can fry me with lightning. One of the figures fires off a bolt of crimson magic. It hits the girl and she shrinks down to 4 inches. She is shocked and I use this chance. I close the distance and snatch her up. She wriggles in my hand. "Think you got me?! A growth spell will fix this!" she says. Another hooded figure fires off a magic bolt. With little effort I swat it with my hand. I return the favor with magic bolts of my own. They rain down on them and they scream as they shrink down. They are barely an inch tall.  They realize they have no hope of winning now. "For the glory of our Goddess!" they cry in unison. I crush each one under my Nikes. "What a waste" I mutter.  They are stains on the cobblestone street. With their deaths, tiny streaks of crimson light race to my amulet.

 

She breaks my grip on her as she grows back to normal size. "Now I can kill you" she says pissed. The ground trembles. "Whoa! Hold your fire! I'm not your enemy!" I yell. She paused. Good. Finally some progress. "You got five seconds before I rock you world literally" she says. "My name is Janet Winter. I'm here to save your life" I said. The ground stops shaking. "Continue" she says. "Those guys earlier came here to kidnap you. They need you" I said. "I'm a big girl. I can take care of myself. I don't need you" she said. "Oh yes you do. The one after you conspires to become a god. If we don't stop her she will be" I said. She sighs. "Come to my house. We can talk there" she said. Her home was not far. Just a short walk from where we were. The leaves and brisk air tellers me it's fall. I've never been to Connecticut. It's nice. As we get there we are greeted with more cloaked figures. They are enveloping the house with magic energy. To our astonishment the house shrinks to the size of a dollhouse. They see us.

 

"You fucking dare! Put that down now!" she screams. God. Her power is amazing. No wonder she's the avatar of this universe. "Bring her to the Goddess or else" one says. A vortex opens and they flee into it. "...no. My family was in there! My husband! My child! My mother!" she cries. I put my hand on her shoulder. "YOU! Tell me what the fuck is going on right this fucking now!" she screams. Powerful forces hold me down to the point I'm kneeling. God she can control gravity! "I will but we must get you to safety! Come with me! You will learn everything there!" I yell. The force crushing me stops. The girl is shaking and in tears. "I'm here to help. Please trust me on this" I say gently. She nods. She beeps her car alarm. "No need for that. Where were going you can't drive to" I said. I grasp the amulet and a vortex opens. "Take my hand" I say to her she grips it tightly as we strop through.

 

Within seconds we pop out in my home away from home. She's watches as the vortex closes. "What...what was that?" she asked. "It's called the Breech. It's allows travel through the Veil" I reply. She's utterly confused. "Sit down while I make tea" I said. I return a few minutes later. "What's your name?" I asked. "Amber. Amber Grayson" she replies. "That a nice name. Amber. You are special. You are what is called the Avatar of Size" I said. "The avatar of what?" she asked. "Avatar of Size. In your world you serve as the pillar, the aspect of the dimension of size. Shit I'm not explaining this well. How many dimensions are there?" I asked. "Well most people say three but it's really four. I'm kind of as science geek" she replies. "Science geek? Excellent than this will take shorter time then. Amber there is actually 5 dimensions. Length, width, and height are the three most known. As you pointed out there is a fourth; time. The temporal state. The dimension that governs when matter and energy exists in space time. And then there's the fifth; size" I said.

 

"How can size be a dimension? Isn't that like the first three dimensions?" she asks. "In normal terms yes. But to regularly change a size you need to add or subtract matter right? Like cutting an apple in half.  But is it the same apple if you do so? No, it's not. What if you shrank it? In that case it's the same apple with the same matter composing it. Just in a different quantum state" I said. "I've never gave it any thought. I just shrink or grow things with magic" she said. "I know. It's why she wants you" I said. "Who? Who the fuck is fucking with me?!" she yelled. "I should start at the beginning. It's easier. It all started two weeks ago on an archeological expedition. I and my sister dedicated our lives in finding Atlantis. We got word that the Navy found something during an ocean floor mapping. They found a sunken temple. We were ecstatic. It was one of the locations alluded to by Plato!"

 

We took a submersible down and we saw it was ancient. Very ancient. High frequency sonar gave us the picture of what was covered by coral and sediment.  There was an entrance below it. God. The structure alone was 3 times the size of the Parthenon. The entrance led to an exposed floor in the temple. We found that the inner temple was sealed. Can you imagine it? They built a structure that withstood thousands of years of crushing water pressure and corrosion! The inside was free of water! A perfect sealed temple! We were astounded by it! We got out of the sub with the crew and turned on our LED flashlights. Within a few seconds something odd happened. The flashlights died. Brand new batteries and poof! Out. But it didn't go dark. The opposite in fact. The room filled with light. Crystals the size of compact cars glowed brightly from the ceiling. My god the ceiling! It was at least 200 ft. tall! The crystals somehow absorbed the electrical energy in the batteries and used it to glow!"

 

"Everything, from the painted walls to the marble floor, looked brand new. Tall steps lay before us. Steps not for normal humans. I sat this because each step was 10 ft. high! We climbed them one by one. A third of the way up we found male skeletons in bronze armor. They stood like they were guards. "Look at this Janet! These markings are like the ones in Crete!" my sister said. She was right. They looked too similar to Cretan writing to be coincidence. "This must be it June. This must be a temple of Atlantis! Quickly! We need to get to the top!" I said. I wish we'd turned back at that point. Farther up we found more skeletons.  Female this time but with a glaring difference. "This is impossible! They can't be human!" I said. These skeletons were 30 ft. tall! "Look. Ten fingers and ten toes. Opposable thumbs. A pelvis angled forward. This was a human female" June said.

 

"We need to go back. Inform the crew on the ship. Fucking tell somebody!" our sub pilot said.  Greg. Nice enough guy. Dated him once. He was the type of guy that never took charge. Always wanted the other person to make decisions. The guy in charge of the equipment, Gabe, was in love with June. Did everything she would ask him to do. On her 25th birthday last year she asked for a gold anklets; solid gold.  With matching gold necklace. He took out a loan to get them. "We need to see what's above. Greg, we need to tell them we found something other than a big skeleton. The sponsors want to see gold and jewels and shit. Gabe you’re coming with me right?" she asked. Gabe caved in immediately Greg came around only after June demanded we proceed. We climbed higher and higher until we reached the top. We collectively gasped when we saw it. Amber, there was a sarcophagus up top. It was an astounding 100 ft. long! In front of it was an altar with a glowing Amulet. This one" I said pointing to the amulet around my neck.

 

On the altar underneath the hanging amulet was a shimmering book. "What is this June?" I asked her. "Open it" she said. I opened it and inside was thin sheets of dark crystal. Carved into it were tiny lines. No alphabet. Notice what I said Amber. It was carved into the crystal. You can't carve into crystal. You can polish it, chip it, or cut it but not carve" I said. "But that would mean they are more advanced than us!" Amber said. "Exactly! This was a civilization that knew things we didn't. More advance things. Beings who mastered wireless transmission of electricity while humans were still hunting and gathering! Beings that were taller than giraffes! We found out how advanced later on. We had to bring this back for study. We were able to collect artifacts including the amulet and skeletons. The sarcophagus was another story. Had to use demolition charges to blow the temple doors. Then we had to use a hauling system to yank the sarcophagus out. Had to float the fucker up like a shipwreck."

 

"By this time our sponsors wanted results. Monetary results. Millions were spent hauling what we found back to the lab for study. We made the news and they got credit but they wanted more. They wanted the book sold. They wanted everything sold. Problem was we wanted to study it further. That led to us hurrying to try to find a way to read this book. Nothing worked. Every dialect of Greek we used turned up nothing for the book. Worked a little on the armor. It said “Atherion guard second rank". Shortly after we were looking over the topographic map of the area. We didn't see anything until we zoomed out. Now here's a question Amber. If they were so advanced, why aren't they still around? Why don't we see them in recorded works other than a footnote in a philosopher's speech?" I asked her. "I don't know. Something must have happened to them" Amber replied.

 

"Bingo! The map zoomed out we saw something that made our blood run cold. A thin oval indention with five smaller ones above it. Give you a hint what it could be" I said twisting my ankle around. "Are you saying you found a footprint in the ocean floor?!" Amber asked. "Yep. Had to be. My sister said I was nuts. "They have to be 15 miles tall to make such an indention!" she said. "Big enough to wipe out a large island nation? We need to stop June. Whatever we're looking at it must have destroyed them!" I said. "And what? Just let them sell the greatest find in human history to some rich European asshole or computer mogul? We owe it not to ourselves but to mankind to learn what all this was. Remember Janet how we were laughed at in anthropology studies about our theories concerning Atlantis? Don't you want to have a nice solid fuck you for the professor who called us fools?" June asked. I found myself taking her bait.

 

The sarcophagus was stored in a large warehouse where we moved our equipment. We had to use a crane to pry off the marble slab covering it. We suspected it but still wasn't prepared. Inside was a 100 ft. mummy dressed in deteoriated fine garments and gold jewelry. A crown, the size of a family swimming pool, adorned the shriveled head. "This has to be a queen! No way would they inter a priestess with such fine jewels!" June said. Word got out quick. Our sponsors would waste no time selling this. The gold jewelry alone was worth 100 million. We found ourselves rushing the clock. We carbon dated the mummy to 9000 B.C.E." I said. "They can't be right. I know the oldest civilizations to be at most 8000 B.C.E. Cities 6500 B.C.E.*" Amber said. "And that would be why I told my sister that our legacy was guaranteed. I found what I wanted. I found scientific proof that this was a lost civilization. June wanted more. She wanted knowledge"

 

(Author's note: totally true. Ein us Sultan 8000 B.C.E. Mesopotamia 6500 B.C.E.)

 

"It was Gabe who solved the mystery of deciphering the book. As he scanned it he noticed a pattern in the lines. "Guys, I do computer code and I know this is crazy but that looks like binary code" he said. June rushed him to scan every crystal page. "This is impossible. This can't be binary. They couldn't have had computers!" I said. "Maybe they didn't Janet. Maybe this was their language" Gabe said. "Why would they have such a complex language?! It's too inefficient!" I said. "Not exactly. It's perfect in one way. Just memorize two characters" Gabe said. "He has a point. Consider our alphabet. 26 characters all coming from various sources (not including punctuation).Sanskrit, Arabic, Latin, just to name a few. All it would take is memorizing the sequence like a computer does" June said.

 

"Wait. Back the fuck up. You got any idea how much memorizing that would take?! I can buy giant mummies and shrinking magic. Even Atlantis but they spoke binary? No not buying it" Amber said. "01010011 0101000 01110010 01101001 01101110 01101011" I said holding the amulet. A spark of red light hit Amber and she shrank down to two inches.* "Still not buying it?" I asked her. She grew back with her magic. "Sorry. Please continue" she said.

 

(Author's note: This is the binary form for "shrink". Really. Thanks google...)

 

"As I was saying. Once we discovered the sequence we had words. There were gaps in what we could translate but what we did find would change everything forever. It was called the Ebon Codex. It said that this amulet was the key to great power and the one in the sarcophagus was the twin sister to a great queen. It told of how to achieve the power of God. I will quote what it said.  The power of utmost creation can come from obtaining the 5 aspects of the Avatars of Size. Beyond the heavens exist 6 separate worlds. Five of which are inhabited by the Avatars of Size. The Witch, The Messiah, The Goddess, The Hero, and our Avatar, The Traveler. In order to become the supreme God one must collect the aspects of each Avatar. Only then can one can ascend in the 6th world and assert dominion over all"

 

"So how do I fit into that?" Amber asked. "You are the Avatar of The Witch" I replied. "Because I can do magic? All my kind can! How am I special?!" she asked. I shrugged. "What's that mean worlds?" she asked. "Good question. One we all asked. The next day I found June obsessed with the Codex and more importantly this Amulet. "The power of a god. I can do anything. Fix any wrong. Janet, think about what we could do with that" my sister said. Her eyes looked crazy. "I was able to get more from the Codex. These Avatars must be sacrificed and their power transferred to the amulet" she said. I snatched it from her. "No June. Even if that was true don't you think they would've done it? Whatever they tried it sank their civilization to the bottom of the Atlantic and scarred their people all over the Med. Hell the Americas too probably. We don't know what this truly is. It's like a medieval alchemist trying to study an atomic bomb" I said.

 

"You're just afraid of the unknown. Like a child afraid of the dark! Gimme that back!" she yelled. She grabbed my hand holding the amulet. When she did our hands slammed into a glass of water on the desk. It shattered. She struggled with me even when the shards of glass cut our skin. We both held it tight and then the amulet glowed. We both looked at it as our blood dripped on it. A power filled our bodies and we began to grow. Our fear and excitement somehow fueled it. Within two seconds we burst out of the warehouse. June laughed. I held on for dear life not daring to let go. "Bigger! BIGGER!" she kept screaming over and over. Within 10 seconds we towered over the university. Within a minute, the city. Within five minutes the state. We kept growing at an exponential rate. Within 7 minutes the world. "What was it like to see the world that big?" Amber asked.

 

"God Amber. I don't know how to describe it. Like looking at a jewel encrusted globe. If I just pressed my finger down I could've wiped out Japan. My breath alone could've caused tidal waves miles tall. We kept growing. An hour. 10 hours? You lose all sense of time at that scale. We were alone now. June had stopped ranting to be bigger as we took in a sight that showed us the book was right. We had grown bigger than the universe. You asked what it meant by worlds and now you will know. This universe isn't the only one. There really are multiple ones. All around us were tiny spheres that twinkled with galaxies in them. Hundreds, no thousands all around us. But our eyes were focused on a set of them before us. The amulet pulled us closer to them. There were five universes arranged like points on a star. They had red pillars of energy shooting from them towards the center of the star. A lone universe that barely twinkled. "It's true" she muttered. She reached out for one. "NOOO!" I screamed. My thoughts screamed for us to be back to normal size.

 

We shrank down so fast our minds shut down unable to cope with the scale. When we woke up it was in the rubble of the warehouse surrounded by strange men. "You won't stop me after I've seen with my own eyes it's true" June muttered. She tugged on the amulet. Maybe it was the release of so much power but the amulet was dimmer and felt fragile. It broke clean in two. I had one part and she the other. "What have you done?!" she yelled. She fired a burst of magic my way and I instinctively deflected it. The shot pinged right off me and struck a man nearby. He shrank instantly. The men there began shooting at us. As we held these fragments we felt an instinct on how to use it. The sequence for spells came as easily as breathing. June grew 100 ft. tall and killed them. I watched my sister crush them under her heels and even saw her cruelly eat one poor man. The power had made her go insane"

 

"I wasn't faring much better. My instincts made me want to join her. Grow and crush people. Eat them. Dominate the world. Then go and conquer other worlds. Assimilate the powers of the Avatars. Ascend to glory. I still feel it. But I could do it. I fought the urge and ran. Ran as fast as I could. I watched the news. She withdrew somewhere I didn't know of. I felt the amulet still tied to hers. I felt her strip tiny fragment of power off it" I said. "So who were those creepy guys?" Amber asked. "Acolytes. She must have given them fragments to give them magic. When they died the fragments joined mine. June was always charismatic. No doubt she promised them power. My sister...sorry. This all happened two days ago. This is still upsetting to me. I mean we're twin sisters! How can she be so ruthless?!" I said. "So you came to save me? How did you know I'd be first" Amber asked. "She needs you probably the most. The book said The Witch has the aspect of all forms of magic. She would need this most of all to recreate the universe" I said.

 

"Wait. Recreate it?" Amber asked. "That's the plan. Hers anyway. "The universes are interconnected. This is how I came to you and how we got here" I said. "Wait. I'm in another universe?!" Amber asked. "Yes. Welcome to my universe. Wipe your feet coming in" I said chuckling. "And if all the Avatars are sacrificed she becomes God? This is what you're telling me?" Amber asked. "That is what the Atlantians thought and what my sister thinks. I think otherwise.  The Avatars define the 5th dimension of size. Without the dimension of size, nothing can exist. Her bid for omnipotence can cause the collapse of everything in the multiverse" I said. Amber was silent.

 

"She has my family. I have to go save them" she said. "We will but not now. You are powerful I get that. Seeing how you were going to fry or crush my ass I see you magic isn't restricted to size. But she is strong too. You saw firsthand twice that you're vulnerable to it. We need to be smart about this. We need help" I said. "What kind of help?" Amber asked. "We're going to find the other Avatars before she does" I said. "I’m coming too" Amber said standing up. "I hoped you would. Now we need to find The Messiah" I said. "Why her. Why not others?" she asked. "My sister and I control powerful size magic but it's finite. Every time it's used it weakens. Our grow beyond the universe trip drained it a lot. There's maybe 10% left. God knows how they powered it up in the beginning. The Codex said The Messiah aspect is healing. If she wanted to fight someone healing abilities would come in handy" I said. 

 

"Yeah, a hurt God doesn't sound right. Let's go. The sooner we find them all the sooner I can rescue my family" Amber said. "Then we're off!" I said gripping the amulet. A rip in space time formed and we stepped through.

 

Meanwhile....

 

"My acolytes have failed me. At least they didn't come back empty handed" June said. She tapped on the roof of the shrunken house and looked into the tiny window. She could see a woman and two older teens. One was holding a baby. She grinned and pushed her fingers through the window. She knocked down tiny furniture and felt for them. She could hear the woman screaming. She felt someone and yanked them out. The woman screamed the name Chris. "Put me down you bitch!" the teen screamed. "And if I did where would you go? Not far before something awful happened to you" she said. A tiny crackle of electricity struck her finger and he fell. "Shows what you know. I'm not defenseless" he said growing to her size. "Aha! You can use magic too. Well no matter" she said. A red bolt of light struck him and he shrank back down to an inch. "Surprised? Yeah. You magic doesn't mean shit when I can do this. Too bad you're not an Avatar. This part of the ritual would be over already. Speaking of which, you better hope she comes for you soon. I've grown bored with the acolytes here. I need some entertainment" June said licking her lips....

 

We stepped out of the vortex onto a metal platform. Immediacy we saw things weren't right. "What the hell? Did you shrink us?" Amber said. "No I didn't but yeah this is weird. Maybe this universe contains nothing but giants" I said. "It's gets weirder. Look at this" Amber said pointing. She was pointing to a window. Outside was space...deep space.  "That was very unexpected" I said. "Thought we were supposed to end up on Earth" Amber said. "The Amulet of Topothesia takes us to where the Avatar is...oh dear...or when" I said motioning to Amber to see the giant LED clock on the wall. "June 22, 2159! This is the future?!" Amber said. A series of booms shook the floor. We glanced behind us to see a giantess every bit 200 ft. tall walking with her 6 year old giant son. We looked around to see where we could hide and found none. I got ready and Amber began charging a lightning bolt. 

 

"Good morning!" the woman said as they passed by. We watched them disappear down the walkway. "What the hell is up with this place?" Amber asked. I gripped the amulet. I concentrated and the amulet tugged forward. "This way" I said. We walked for some time. This ship was massive! We heard the sound of laughter and casual talking. Some small and others very loud. "It's a shopping mall" Amber said. She was right. A sign said Stardust Mall. Giants and normal people coexisted with one another. We were stunned to see a few in intimate relationships. A giant boy was kissing a human girl. A giantess woman was stroking the back of a coughing human boy while a man patted his hand. "It’s okay kiddo. Mommy and daddy are right here" the woman said. "They're a family. This is astounding" I said. "It does seem like utopia. Wonder what the cost was" Amber said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "On my world my people were hunted to almost extinction. We survived and made our lives much better but it came at terrible cost. What price did these people pay?" she asked.

 

"I’m hungry. Let's get something to eat" I said. We walked into the food court that was the size of a college campus. Every food stall was set up for humans and giants. One caught my eye. "Hmmm....Ingress combo hotdogs. I'll take two please" I said. He looked around and laughed. "I get you're hungry but even you can eat hotdogs that size. Hell, the wiener alone 25 ft. long!" he said. I was annoyed but it was my fault. I should have suspected that an out of the way name like Ingress described these giants. "Then something human sized okay?!" I yelled. He shrugged and gave me the food. I glanced at our table and saw three teens surrounding it. Amber was sitting there. "Come on baby. Just come with us. We can have fun" one giant teen said. "I'm married. Go away" Amber said. "And? We've never seen you here before. We just wanna get to know you" another giant boy said. O "Uh oh. Amber is getting pissed. Not good" I thought. I duck around the corner and grow to their size. The hotdogs are barely specks in my hand. "Is there a problem?" I ask coming to the table. Amber saw my size and stared shocked. "No problem. We just were talking to your friend here" he replied. "She looks like she doesn't want to be disturbed by you. She married by the way" I said.

 

"Yeah she mentioned that. I don't see her husband though" he said. I picked Amber up suddenly. "She’s married to me" I said kissing her. The teens smiled and Amber flinched. "Now that's what I'm talking about!" the teen said. "Go away boys. You have no idea who you're fucking with" Amber said. The teens glared at us. "Break it up your three!" an electronic voice said. Three robots giant sized with the word POLICE on the side came up to us. "Shit it's the cops! Let's go! “one teen said. They took off. One robot popped its chest open. To our surprise a man was inside. "Do you want to file a complaint ladies? They been harassing human women off and on again since school went on recess" the man asked. "No, they left. We're fine" I said. "Then have a nice day ma'am" he said walking off. "That was bizarre. Did you see that exosuit he had? Fucking cool!" I said. "Not as bizarre as you saying we're married. You even kissed me!" Amber said. "Sorry. It was all I could think of. We don't want to stand out too much and I was worried you'd fry them" I said. Amber huffed.

 

"Can you grow to my size? I'd rather not waste the energy if I tried" I said. "I...I never tried growing bigger than human sized before. I can I guess. I'd rather not though. I'm trying to conserve my own energy" she said. "I've been meaning to ask. How do you recharge your magic?" I asked. I handed Amber her hotdog and grew mine. Used up energy but I was hungry as shit. "I eat souls. I'm a soul eater. Our kind use soul energy to power magic" she replied. "Oh that's...wait...you eat souls?!" I asked. Amber nodded. "It's not just necessary to use magic. I need them to survive. It's not pretty but it is what it is" she said. "Need those to survive? Don't you live off food like that hotdog?" I asked. "Sure I do. It's just natural magic in me need souls. Our kind are immortal. We need souls to keep living though or we die. Think of it as spiritual starving to death" she said. "How do you eat souls?" I asked. "My master told me long ago we fed off blood like vampires but we found that to be messy and exposing. Nowadays we shrink our victims and eat them" she said.

 

"That's...I don't know what to say to that" I said slightly horrified. "And here we go with the condemnations. I don't seek approval from you just as you don't seek approval from me from eating that hotdog. I do follow a code of conduct though. No pregnant women, young kids, or those who carry the spark of soul eaters. I try to limit myself to people nobody would miss like those teens earlier" she said. We didn't speak for the reminder of our meal. "We need to fine this messiah person" she said. "Where do we look? This ship is huge!" I said. "If you’re looking for the messiah then go the residential block number 8 section 24" a giant man said sitting next to us. "You know the messiah?!" I asked. "Of course. She's like the most famous person onboard the Ark" he said confused. "Thanks" I said getting up.

 

We walked a bit before I spoke. "Sorry for judging you. I'm the last person that should be throwing stones" I said. "It’s alright. I used to it" she said quietly. We followed a sign that said shuttles to residential blocks. We boarded. Amber sat next to me as we both saw these Ingress and humans riding together. "Ark. That doesn't sound good. Nobody builds an Ark for fun" Amber said. "I have to ask. What's it like to eat people?" I asked. People glanced at us.  Amber motioned me to pick her up. She sat on my shoulder. "Everyone tastes different. The older people are the more bitter they taste. It's like tasting living pigs in a blanket. About the same size too. They're weak by the time I swallow after sucking some of their soul away. You have to get them aroused and orgasming for it to work for our kind. If not they're just meat. I nodded. Part of me has been wanting to try it. This necklace compelled me to. Just snatch Amber off my shoulder and devour her. Absorb her aspect and move on.

 

As I glanced at this tiny red haired girl I found my mouth watering. I shook my head and looked away. "You okay. You're trembling. I won't eat you if that what's got you spooked" Amber said. I chuckled. "I know" I said. We rode that shuttle for nearly 20 minutes. This ship had to be the size of a small city! How many where there onboard and why? The scientist in me was curious. Amber rode on my shoulder as we walked the street. Eventually we were alone...or one would have us believe. "Janet. We're not alone" she said. "I know. They've been following us for the last three blocks" I said. "Those kids from earlier?" she asked. "Yeah. They didn't take no for an answer" I said. "Put me down. I put this off long enough" Amber said. I put Amber down. She concentrated as those footsteps got closer. "Level 3 size spell...Titan!" she said. A swirl of light surrounded her as I watched her grow to our size. She looked winded. "Like the name? First time I ever tried" she said. Damn. She wasn't kidding about needing that energy.

 

The footsteps stopped. "What’s wrong boys? Weren't you gonna rape us?  Amber said. The teens turned to run but couldn't. Amber's hand glowed. "Paralysis spell. Locks up the nerve impulses" she said walking to them. "What...what the fuck are you?!" one yelled. Amber casually walked to him. She touched his forehead. Her finger glowed. "Oh you and your friends were planning to do really naughty things to us" she said. "No lady you got it wrong! We just wanted your phone numbers!" he cried. "No use lying. This spell can read minds. Would you like to know what they were planning to do to us Janet?" Amber asked. I walked to them. "Yes I would" I said. "This fuck here was thinking about eating me. He wanted to see what it was like. Heard stories from his mom about that. What's this True Way that's in your head? Let me see" Amber said. Her finger glowed brighter as the teen cried. "Interesting. An antihuman organization for Ingress" she said. Sounds like a hate group to me" I said. "Worse than that. His mommy told him all minds of bad things. They even ate kids taking hostages once. Oh. Janet. The messiah was involved.

 

"Let him go you weird ass bitch!" his friend said. Amber touched his head. "Wow. This guy and his buddy to the right wanted to run a train on you. Do all kinds of kinky things. Put it up your ass. Suck your toes. Gives me chills. Ha! He's still aroused!" she said. Hearing that my darker side kicked in. "Then we should give them a show shouldn't we?" I said. Amber grinned at me. "Shrink pulse assholes" she said. Within seconds they were human sized. Tiny. Weak. Prey. Amber grabbed one and I grabbed the other two. Amber tore off his clothes. "So you're into vore. So am I" she said tossing the teen into her mouth. His screams muffled by her lips shutting. She sucked on him as me and his shrunken friends watched. I felt myself getting horny. A minute passed and then she grinned. She swallowed loudly and we all saw the screaming lump disappear past her collarbone. "Holy shit! Never tasted that before. Sweet cum mixed with something like exotic fruit! They're not human but fuck me I don't care!" Amber said.  "Help! Someone help us!" One screamed in my grip.

 

"Help? Kind of hypocritical to ask that right? Weren't you the one who wanted to suck my toes?" I asked putting him down. I slid out of my sneaker. Balancing on one foot I took my sweaty sock off.  My foot hovered over him and took off in a sprint. I gently kicked him in the side and rolled on the ground. "Don’t run. I'm about to give you what you wanted" I said. "No please!" he cried as I put my sole on his body. His tiny head poked from between my big and second toe. "How is it? I've been wearing these socks for two days. Bad huh? Shouldn't be too bad for you right? What's the matter? Don't you want to worship my foot?" I asked. I could feel his arms trying to break free. It tickled. I pressed down slightly and he yelped. "Enjoying yourself there?" Amber asked. "Just peachy. A rapist under my sweaty sole. His cries of pain. What's not to enjoy?" I asked. I didn't notice my amulet glowing brighter.

 

"As much as I like to crush assholes we need to get back to our task" she said. I grinned at the teen and then pressed down. His ribs made tiny cracks and his screams were cut off with gurgling. A put all my weight down and his innards burst out of his mouth. The teen I was holding actually fainted seeing that. I tore off his clothes and deposited him into my mouth. Incredible! I could taste him! "Janet" Amber said. I held out my palm and swallowed him whole. "That was fantastic! Oh he awoke! I can feel him dying! I....oh no" I said. "What is it?" she asked concerned. She place shed hand on my shoulder. "Don't touch me!" I yelled. "This attitude again?! I saw you having fun!" Amber shouted. "You...don't understand. Keep....keep back" I said. I felt that ancient power invading me. "The Witch. Must consume" I muttered. I stepped toward her and gathered energy to shrink her.

 

"Janet! Janet what's wrong?!" Amber said. She was scared. That fear in her eyes. Half of me wanted her in my belly. The other half wanted her safe...from me. My left hand ready to strike I grabbed it with my left and pulled it down. I had to concentrate. I felt the ancient instinct within the amulet subside. I leaned against a wall to catch my breath. "What the hell was that?!" Amber asked. "The amulet. Whenever I use its magic it corrupts me. I have to concentrate to stay myself. Killing those two awoke the instinct within it. Took all my effort not to shrink and eat you" I said. "I pressured you into doing something you shouldn't have. Sorry" Amber said. "Don't be. It felt nice. I only slipped up because I was dwelling on what you told me earlier. Listen, I know I'll be killing again. Just be ready to incapacitate me if I turn to the dark side" I said chuckling. "Bet your ass I will" she said.

 

"Is this the place?" Amber asked. "I pretty sure. Right address and the amulet is pointing to the house" I said. "It's nice. Kinda plain for someone whose name is The Messiah" Amber said. I knocked on the door. "Coming!" a female voice said. The door opened and a woman stood before us. "Can I help you?" she asked. "This is gonna sound weird but are you the Messiah?" I asked. The woman rolled her eyes. "Look. I get the awestruck first hybrid in history, herald of peace thing. Grew up hearing it but I don't do autographs and fans anymore. Besides, it's late I'm in the middle of cooking dinner for my kids. Good night" she said shutting the door. Amber wedged her shoe into the doorframe just before it shut. "We're not here for any of that. We need you to come with us. Your life is in danger" she said. "My life's been in danger since I was born. Nothing new. Now go before I call the cops" she said shutting the door hard. "Motherfucker!" Amber said limping on her crushed foot. I led her to the front yard.  

 

"That went well" I said. "Ya think?! I say we just shrink and grab her. Explain later" Amber said pissed. "Would you have liked me to do that to you when we first met?" I asked. Amber sighed. "Give us a few minutes. We'll try again" I said. A vortex opened before us. "Those few minutes just flew by didn't they?" Amber said. 6 Acolytes emerged.  They immediately noticed a problem. "Surprised everything is big?" Amber said crushing two under her sneakers right away. "I know I was" she said scraping off their flattened bodies. They quickly regrouped and grew to our size. They fired magic at us. I deflected it. "Not this time!" Amber said dodging. A bolt spell crackled from her fingertips and struck a man. He went sprawling into the street. I shrank one of them. A woman by the way she screamed as I crushed her like the bug she was. I felt that twitch of malice build. Amber was on top of her first attacker. "Lightning spell level 1. Cardiac arrest!" she said with her palm on his chest.

 

The man gasped as her hand glowed with arcs of electricity. He collapsed. Damn! Wish I could do that! Two left. Amber yelled. The acolyte attacking her finally hit her with a shrinking spell. "Careless. Should've used shrink pulse" Amber said. The man bent down to grab her and screamed as his hand exploded. "I'm small again but not defenseless. Gravity spells are a bitch aren't they?!" Amber said. Impossibly, a thunderstorm formed over us. A thunderstorm inside a ship! "Level 2 lightning spell! Zeus' Cry!" she said. The bolt slammed him and I saw the aftermath of the spell she would've used on me. My awe was broken by a bang and a sharp pain in my side. The acolyte I was fighting used a gun. "Clever. Realized...I can't block that" I said falling to the grass. I felt the warm blood running from my side. I was getting cold. Amber was winded from the spell but was coming anyway. The acolyte put that cold barrel to my temple. "Goddess will be pleased" she said.

 

 A beam of light struck the woman and burned a hole clean through her. She was dead before she hit the dirt. "Good job Amber" I said as she ran up to me. "It wasn't me! It was her!" she said. I glanced over to the woman we were talking to holding a smoking pistol. "Cool. A real laser gun..." I said passing out. I heard Amber screaming for me to stay awake. Wish I could. I awoke in a dark room. I had on a different shirt. "I'm not dead" I said touching my bare skin where the bullet wound would’ve been. I stood up and opened the door. The house was dark except for one light. I followed it to the kitchen. "What happened?" I asked her as she dried dishes. "Jesus! You scared me. I see you're up and about. Your friend is showering off your blood. Who the hell are you?! I had to hide you being here from my kids and husband!" she said. "That complicated. What happened? Last thing I remember is being shot and falling out on your lawn" I said.

 

"Your friend climbed on top of you and crawled through the blood to get to your wound. I don't know what she did but she lit up like a Christmas tree light bulb. Next thing I know you're still alive and healed and she looking like she ran a marathon. What did she do?" she asked. "She must've used some kind of healing magic" I said. "Magic?! Magic isn’t real!" she said. "It's real I can assure you. Forgive the crazy shit tonight. My name's Janet. My friend is Amber" I said. "Eve. Nice to meet you" she said shaking my hand. "That person I killed. Those people I saw. Who were they?" she asked. "Acolytes of a dangerous person. Me and my friend came her to put you in protective custody" I said. "I’m not leaving my kids and husband" she said. "I wasn't going to ask that of you. Take them with us if you want but we can't stay here. More will come. She'll make sure of that" I said. "Who? Is it someone in True Way?" she asked. "I don't know what that is but no" I said. I spent the next 15 minutes telling her what was going on. "Magic? Atlantis? People the size of the universe?!" she said not believing.

 

"Don't forget you're the Avatar of Size here. The Messiah. Good meatloaf by the way" I said eating. "This is some trick of True Way!" she said reading for a carefully placed pistol. I used my amulet to shrink her down. 4 inches off the ground and scared shitless. My mouth watered seeing her like this. I picked her up and placed her on the table. "It's not some plot. This is truth and you need to fucking deal with it" I said eyeing her. I put her back down and grew her to normal size. She was shaking. "Sorry Eve but we don't have time to argue. Amber reacted the same way" I said. "Is she an Avatar?" she asked. "Yes The Witch in her universe. She's got it rougher. They have her family hostage" I said. "That poor girl" Eve muttered. "She wants your healing ability. You said there's no magic here. How do you heal then?" I asked.

 

"It's natural for me because I carry Ingress blood. All our kind can. Once upon a time though we couldn't. A genetically modified virus stripped us of that ability during the Dimensional War" she said. "War?" I asked. "You really aren't form here are you?" she asked. I shook my head. "Any of that food left over. I'm starving" Amber said walking into the kitchen. Her tiny body was wrapped in a bath towel. "Janet!" she said happy. "The reports of my death were greatly exaggerated...thanks to you" I said picking her up. I could feel her tiny bare feet on my palm as she stood in it. She hugged my cheek. “Don’t scare me like that again!" she said. "After eating we have to leave. Eve you might want to get you family ready" I said. Eve nodded.

 

"So what's she like?" Amber asked eating s chunk of meatloaf. "Skeptical like you until I shrank her" I said. "It's a lot to take in" she said. "Yeah but I can sense she's used to danger. Like she was trained for it" I said. "She did smoke that acolyte that it weren't no thing" she said. "She can naturally heal without magic. I see why she's wanted. By the way. How are you soul wise?" I asked. "I need to hunt again soon. I'll be fine for a few days if I don't expend any more magic" she replied. Amber got dressed and returned just as Eve and her human husband appeared. She was holding her son in her hand and leading her giantess daughter with the other. Never saw such a cute sight. "Where we going in the middle of the night?" he asked. "Through the looking glass sir. Your wife can explain later" I said. I opened the vortex and it was small. "Oh, that reminds me. Where were going there aren’t giant people. I need to shrink you down" I said. I shrank myself, Eve, and her daughter to human size. Eve and her daughter looked around at their giant house. "Cool" I heard her daughter say. "Next stop. Safe house universe. Home away from home" I said as we stepped through the vortex.

 

"Where are we?" Eve asked. "Key West Florida. A condo a friend has and is out of the country. You'll be safe here" I said. "Oh, allow me" I said. I grew her son to our size for safety. Didn't want to accidentally squash the kid. Eve was astounded. She kept touching his face. Her son woke up and nearly screamed until he recognized his mom. "Mommy, am I dreaming? You look my size" he said rubbing his eyes. Eve hugged her son tightly and cried. "I don't get it" Amber said. "One of Eve's deepest wishes was to hold her son like this. She never could since he took after his human father" the man said. The man looked over at his daughter. He walked over to her and bent down. "Dad is that you? How are you so big?" she asked. "I'm not big honey. The nice lady there shrank you. Now come here" he said. The girl got closer and the man bear hugged her tightly. "Dad that's too tight!"  the girl complained. "Deal with it sweetheart" he said. "Like Eve not being able to hold our son, I couldn't hold my daughter" he said. "I'll give you guys some time to settle in" I said.

 

It was 1 a.m. Amber was exhausted for using so much magic and went to sleep. It had been a long day for her. I was busy on my tablet browsing the scanned pages of the Codex. I needed to see who the next target was. The sand on my private beach was cool in the night. The full moon causing the ocean to shimmer. I heard the sound of shifting sand and glanced behind me. It was her husband. "Mind if I join you. It's been some time since I was on a real beach" he said. "Sure" I said patting the sand. "I never introduced who we are. I guess you know Eve by now. I'm Chris. Our daughter Cassie and our son Daren" I said. "Janet and my friend Amber" I said. "Is it true what you told my wife? That the universe is in danger?" he asked. "All universes Chris" I said. He sighed. "I and my wife can hold our kids like all human parents. I don't know if this is a dark dream or beautiful nightmare" he said.

 

"What's you world like? I saw Ingress and humans living together. I even saw families!" I said. "Yeah I guess it's odd. Never gave it thought. Been that way since I was born" he said. "Odd?! It's like utopia!" I said. "Utopia? Oh no. Not even close. We still got our share of problems. What you see now is the result of hard work and tolerance necessary after a brutal war" he said. "War?" I asked. "Years ago back where we come from the Ingress invaded Earth. In fact my mother in law was one of the first to appear. Over time though her and my father in law fell on love. They led as example to others. They were married. The first Ingress/human marriage. The war was bad for humans. Cities destroyed. Entire populations lost. They became a fighting force and slowly turned the tide. One day they decked to conceive a child" he said.

 

"Whoa. Wait a sec. I have to ask especially seeing your kids. How did that work. Humans are tiny compared to them" I said. He laughed. "Artificial insemination and breeding tanks. Some offspring take after them and some us. Eve took after her mom obviously. She would be the first of her kind. A hybrid child of two species. She was to be a symbol of peace. This is how she got the nickname messiah child or just Messiah for short. Eventually the war was over. The human and defector Ingress coalition had won but not without cost. The enemy, in a ship called the Ark, had devastated the world. They even destroyed a colony. By the end human losses topped over a billion. Earth was in bad shape and the Ingress was an endangered species" he said.

 

"The Ark. Wait that ship we were on is called that" I said. "Yep. Fearing that another war might cause the extinction of both races or flat out destroy Earth, they used that warship as a lifeboat for Earth. The idea is to colonize another word. One that could guarantee everyone's future. So utopia? No. Just a fragile hope" he said. I feel the sand between my toes as a scrunch them. How naive of me to think something as giant and human coexistence would come so easily. "I'm worried about my family Janet. What's to say she won't come looking for us again?" he asked. "Absolutely nothing. I'm counting on it. The advantage is she won't know where to look. The amulet takes you to your target in another universe. Not the same one so no vortex will open here.  She can still locate us eventually though. The amulet will point our way" I said. "Great" he said rolling his eyes. "My advance to you is not to worry right now. Go. Be with your family. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day" I said. Chris got up and left. I wish I was a confident as I talked it. On my tablet I'm reading an article about how an apartment was burned to the ground near UCLA campus. The same one me and my sister lived in before this. She was looking for us and her wrath was getting worse.

 

I awoke to hear the sound of children laughing. "Stand still! I need to dry you off!" Eve shouted. The kids were soaking wet from playing in the ocean. "Morning everyone" I yawned. "Morning Janet. I hope you don't mind I made breakfast" Eve said. "Not at all. I take it the kids are okay" I said. "Better than okay. They woke us up asking to play in the water. They've haven't been to the beach since they were toddlers" she said. "Well that's nice" I said. "It's so strange being here. It's another universe but it's like being back in time. So this is the 21st century" she said looking at my flatscreen TV. Chris was busy trying to find how to change channels. I handed him the remote. "News. Hello? News!" he shouted into the remote. "No you use the buttons" I said. "Buttons? No voice control? Okay...." he said studying the remote. I chuckled a bit. I went to wake Amber. She groggily woke up. "Five more minutes" she said. I tore the covers off her and opened the curtains. "Up and at them! Eve made breakfast" I said. She waved me off. She appeared 10 minutes later showered and dressed.

 

We scarfed down eggo waffles and eggs with a side of bacon. Woman could cook. "That was delicious as always honey" Chris said. "Flattery will get you everywhere" she said kissing him. "Who taught you how to cook?" I asked. "My dad. Mom was a lousy cook so dad taught me when I was 10" she smiled and then laughed. "Sorry I was remembering a time when we were making cookies from scratch. Dad ended falling into the pile of flour. Left tiny footprints everywhere. Mom screamed thinking he was a tiny ghost. I....I want to go home Janet" Eve said softly. "I know. Soon were about to go after the next Avatar. When this is all done you can go home" I said. "Well it seems we're winning so far. You're batting 2-0" she said. "That's the spirit Eve" I said gripping her shoulder. Soon after we were ready to go. "So who's next?" Amber asked. "Well that's the thing. There are two equal choices. Either the Hero or the Goddess" I said. "What aspect do they have?" Eve asked. "The Hero can collect or distribute energy. That's desirable when you want to replenish magic energy. The Goddess has immortality" I said.

 

"The Goddess then" Amber said. "Not so fast. I think the Hero is next" Eve said. "The hell she is! She would want immortality so she can kick ass herself!" Amber yelled. "And ya think an immortal will be an easy target? Leave strategy to a trained professional" Eve sneered. "You think you're hot shit because you’re the messiah? Well I helped bring a race back from extinction. Fuck did you do other then be born?" Amber said. Eve grabbed her by the shirt collar. "Go ahead. Make my day" Amber said talking her forehead. Eve shrank down to three inches tall. Amber laughed. "Still condescending?" Amber chuckled. Eve was scared shitless with Amber looming over her. Her sandals just inches from her. Amber flexed her toes a bit and grinned. "ENOUGH!" I yelled shrinking Amber. She and Eve were the same size.

 

I grabbed them both. "Eve! You need to remember that everyone here can voice their opinion regardless if they served in the military or not. As for you Amber. You need to remember that we are a team. Put your power tripping aside. For the both of you shelve your accomplishments and titles. They don't mean dick now. Understand?!" I yelled. "Okay" Eve said. "Whatever" Amber said. I squeezed her gently. "Ah! Okay! Sorry!" Amber said. I placed them back on the floor and grew them back to human size. The awkwardness in the air was replaced with the boom of the vortex opening. We stepped through.

 

We emerged on a sidewalk. To our right was an expanse of water. "Hell are we?" Amber asked. "The universe of the Hero. Eve had a point. If I was gonna fight an immortal I would want to be as strong as possible" I said. We all looked around curious to where we were. We looked at the buildings. "So I know where we are. Chicago. There's the Sears tower" Amber said pointing to it. "This is Chicago?! Cool!" Eve said. She marveled at the city. "I've seen the pictures of it how it was before the war. Never thought I'd see it this way. Chicago was partially destroyed by a debris hit during April Shower. 29% of the city was lost" Eve said. "My god. All those deaths" Amber said. "Sometimes I wish the Ingress never came to Earth" she said. "Then you wouldn't have been born" I said. "A small price to pay to save a billion lives" Eve said kicking a soda can in the street.

 

We were silent. Amber embarrassed looked away. "I'm sorry I said those things Eve. Guess higher expectations means a harder life" Amber said. Eve slightly nodded. "Friend?" Amber said ticking her shoulder. Eve turned around. We could see tears in her eyes. "Friends" she said hugging her. I smiled. I was glad they were getting along now. We will need those feelings if we were going to win this. Amber grimaced and she broke out in a cold sweat. She quickly sat down on the bench. "You okay?!" Eve asked. "I'm...I'm hungry" Amber said. "You just ate. How can you be hungry?" Eve asked. Amber looked at me. Oh shit. I know what she meant. "Go Amber. Go eat. We'll stay here" I said. "Are you sure? You know what I got to do" Amber said. "I know....just choose wisely" I said. "I'll come too just in case" Eve said. "NO! I mean I can handle it myself. I'm a big girl" Amber said. Amber got up and walked away. "Shouldn't we go with her anyway She looks sick" Eve said. "She'll be fine after she eats" I said. "She a diabetic or something?" Eve asked. "No, she's a soul eater. It's how her powers work" I said. "She...she eats souls?" Eve balked.

 

"Her magic stems from that. Her life too" I said. Eve looked confused. "Remember you saying how bad she looked after healing me? It's because she was running low on energy. She explained to me that her very nature needs soul energy to survive like we do with food" I said. "So food isn't enough?!" Eve asked. "No, magic is her nature. She's immortal in a way she can't die of old age or get sick. That comes with a cost though. She has to eat people and costume their souls" I said. "That's sick!" Eve said. "I thought that too until I realized she has no choice. Either that or die slowly and apparently painfully" I said. "So she went off to eat someone?" she asked. I nodded. "I think she's looking for a bad person" I said. Eve didn't look happy. "I don't think she's in love with it either. Should've known this was the problem. Her personality changes when she's hunting or when she's hungry. Before we met you we...." I was saying before I caught myself.

 

"We what?" Eve asked. "*sigh* Just before we met you we were confronted with some dangerous Ingress teens. One was planning to eat Amber. The others were planning to rape me. Amber shrank them. We dealt with them...permanently" I said. She looked at me like I was some fiend. "I see what Amber means by that shitty look now. Do I feel bad for killing them? Abso-fucking-loutely. Do I regret killing them? No, they were going to do terrible things to us. You being in the military should know that sometimes killing is a necessary evil. And I guarantee you that my sister won't do all the soul searching and judging you're doing now" I said. Eve looked down at her feet.