- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Thirty seconds left! You’ll have to try harder than that if you’re going to catch up with me!” Katrina called back tauntingly, her booted foot crashing down on another makeshift bunker in the middle of the churning street. The impact from the strike shattered the windows of buildings either side of the road, not to mention reducing everything beneath her sole to a fine mixture of blood and rubble. Troops scattered in all directions, stray bullets pattering off the colossal woman’s skin like rain. “And that’s another dozen at least on top!”

 

For the men and women of the armed forces, it was like trying to bring down a tank with a spit-ball gun; it had been bad enough when it was just the purple-haired psychopath stomping around, but when the fiery red-head had joined the assault, it devolved into a massacre.

 

“Damn it Kat, why do you always have to show up just when I’m getting into my groove?!”

 

“Aww, don’t be like that Misery; you know I cherish these moments we spend together.” Katrina replied with a laugh, swatting aside a helicopter as it finished emptying a full clip of rockets towards her heart. The explosives detonated harmlessly on her ample chest, barely singeing the trim of her dress while the chopper spiraled down towards the ground, hitting the street hard and rolling just into the path of the Gothic goliath.

 

Misery’s exposed foot slammed down with absolute disdain on the wreckage of the aircraft, the still-living crew barely given time to scream before the heel was upon them. Fire and steel did nothing to even so much as scratch the woman’s skin, crumpling beneath her tread like paper. A faint spray of blood spat out onto the gravel as she twisted her foot back and forth.

 

“It doesn’t have to be a game ‘every’ time you know.” Misery said in faux irritation, bringing her palm down on a sniper trying to take a pot-shot at her from an adjacent rooftop. She wiped his remains off on the leg of her pants as Katrina tutted in disapproval.

 

“Now now Mis, don’t be a sore loser; you’ll always get another chance to even the score.”

 

“Shut up…” The Goth grumbled, looking around at the fleeing soldiers with barely disguised amusement, “Is it just me, or are these guys running away way faster than usual?”

 

“Maybe they’re actually learning how pointless it is to fight back… That’s actually a little disappointing.” Katrina folded her arms under her bust, cocking a head to one side as she subconsciously wiped the remains of a few troopers off her boot off onto the sidewalk.

 

Misery strolled up beside her stomping buddy, leaving a crater in the street with every stride. Neither woman had known the other had existed ‘til the day they’d collided with each-other in the midst of a city-wide rampage, and while they still knew almost nothing about one-another, there was a certain amount of comradery to be found in such mutual interests.

 

“Well, guess I win again!” The long-haired redhead grinned through her teeth, slapping a hand down heartily on Misery’s shoulders.

 

“Yeah yeah, good game.”

 

“Cheer up frowny; you’ll beat me someday! Guess I’ll see you next-” she began, before the sound of rumbling tank treads filled their ears.

 

“Oh hello, is this round two?”

 

At the far end of the street, a vast behemoth appeared to face them, trundling forth on four separate rows of treads. While it was still no bigger than a dinner plate by comparison to the towering ladies, it put the rest of the military vehicles to shame, carrying something that closely resembled a satellite dish on its chassis.

 

“… New bet Mis; whoever wrecks the TV tank wins.”

 

“You’re on!” The two women charged at the tank, elbowing each-other out of the way as they thundered down the road. Buildings fell apart as they bumped into them, hips smashing through glass and concrete alike as their footfalls levelled what remained of the street. Just as they were about to reach the trundling leviathan, its ‘weapon’ flashed an eye-searing shade of green, a beam of crackling light connecting sharply with Katrina’s face before disappearing in the blink of an eye.

 

Misery felt a surge of adrenaline at the sight, ducking around the side of her stunned colleague and crossing the last few steps to the tank. The dish turned to face her, a thrum of energy filling the air as it prepared a second shot… but just as it was about to fire, the colossal Goth stooped down low, the green bolt of power blasting over her hair and into the empty blue sky.

 

Seizing the tank with both hands, Misery flipped it backwards with a grunt of exertion, sending the monster crashing down on its head. The rows of treads turned helplessly against the air, an emergency hatch opening in its underside.

 

“Oh no you don’t,” she smirked, plucking the evacuating pilot out between her fingertips, “if you’re going to bring me tinned food, the least you can do is let me open the damn can.”

 

Turning on her heel and letting her plump posterior drop onto the tank, she barely even felt the second fleeing soldier as he exploded like a grape beneath her ass, pancaked along with the rest of the vehicle. Misery licked her black-painted lips and tilted back her head.

 

The struggling soldier cried out in incoherent terror as he saw the rapidly approaching mouth of the impossibly large woman, a wave of hot, moist breath engulfing him. Dragging a pistol from his shoulder holster, he emptied the clip into the Goth giantess with no visible effect. One last piteous exclamation of disbelief marked his doom as her lips clamped shut around him, followed by a distinct crunching noise as she started to chew. With an audible gulp, Misery sent the hapless trooper’s remains down into her belly… and then she turned to look for Katrina.

 

A scan of the cityscape revealed no sign of her, and there were no obliterated buildings that she might have fallen into.

 

“Yo Kat; where you at?” The purple-haired titan called out, taking a few steps back down the street. A moment later she spied a flash of red-hair out of the corner of her eye, and she peered down into the street. There, sure enough, was Katrina; reduced from a towering force of snarky destruction to another mere human amidst the ruins of the city. “Guess that answers that…” Misery said, a grin spreading across her lips.

 

“Fuck! Fuck me! That fucking tank, I…” the dinky little redhead’s voice was barely more than a distant squeak, “I think it’s drained me! I can’t grow back; I’m stuck here!”

 

“Aww, that’s too bad.” Misery replied without a trace of sympathy, hands on her hips as she drank in the sensation. “Still; I wrecked the tank, so… I suppose that means I win right?”

 

“Yeah, sure, whatever, I really don’t-”

 

“How about another game?”

 

Katrina opened her mouth to spit a sarcastic retort back at Misery, but the look on the God-sized Goth’s face halted whatever she’d been about to say.

 

“… What… sort of game?”

 

“I call it, ‘convince Misery not to squash you like a bug’. Pretty good right?”

 

“WHAT?!” Kat shrieked in a mixture of surprise and horror, “You’re not serious!?”

 

“Dead serious. I love this game… I always win.”

 

“C’mon Mis, you don’t want to do that! We’re friends; we’re supposed to be stomping buddies together!”

 

The Goth snickered as she took an emphatic step forwards, her meaty foot slapping down mere inches from Katrina, causing the tiny woman to tumble back on her ass.

 

“WE aren’t friends… and trust me; I really, REALLY do want to.”

 

“P-please, Misery, I’ll do anything! Anything at all! Just don’t do whatever it is you’re thinking of doing!”

 

“Anything huh? Absolutely anything?”

 

“YES! Anything!”

 

“… Wweeellll, there is one thing I’d really like you to do…”

 

“Name it! Just name it and I’ll do it!”

 

Misery’s lips pulled right back, flashing her teeth as she lifted her favourite stomper, the remains of hours spent obliterating a city visible against her skin as she held her sole over her helpless little ‘friend’.

 

“Die screaming.”

 

“NOOOOOOOOO-”

 

Without intending it, Katrina obliged Misery in her last demand as the victorious vixen’s heel slammed down on her, splattering the defeated redhead into an unrecognizable mess. The purple-haired Goth laughed in genuine delight as she twisted the ball of her foot from side to side, smearing Kat’s remains into the road.

 

“So long squirt… this is the most fun I’ve ever had with you.”

Chapter End Notes:

Misery is propery of http://darkainarts.deviantart.com/