- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Right so I opted to start up a new story. I'll keep updating 'Toxicity' but I've had this little thing in my brain for a bit and needed to get it out.

The screaming was the worst part, if Iona had to pick one thing. The screaming and the thunderous thudding against the very earth, the creaking of wooden roofs and walls as they were destroyed carelessly. However the sheer desperation in the screams, or perhaps how some just suddenly ended was the most mind warping bit. Until today the young woman hadn't known it was possible for anyone to scream so loud or for so many people to raise such noise. Now that she did know the noise just echoed in her skull endlessly.

For a long while she was certain she was adding to the sound until she found no noise was coming from her opened lips. Maybe a croak but if so it was lost in the sea of sickening sounds that now made up her world. She knew that she should be running but she didn't. Her legs were like stone and refused to move as she stared. Her eyes were wide and fixed in horror at a singular sight. The cause of all of this horrid screaming, of all of the noise really. Something she had heard of in legend but never thought to see in her life.

Pair of yellow eyes peered malevolently across the village, alight with twisted glee. Flawless lips were curled into a savage grin, exposing teeth that had once been pure ivory but were now possessed of crimson stains. Armor black as the void covered the form of a woman, though to call this being a woman seemed a gross understatement. Armored fingers curled around a blade stained red, which crashed into a house with an almost effortless sweeping motion. A shower of splinters and gore cascaded from the swing as the weapon obliterated lumber and people alike. A great colossus stood high above the ravaged village, her very steps thundering upon the earth.

An armored leg came up and brought an ebon boot down upon another home, ending the cries of those within instantly. Iona found the sights almost impossible to process. A demi. A demi had decided to visit their little village. Judging from the look on her heart achingly beautiful face the demi herself seemed to treat this as a game. Then again Iona supposed to her people were mere ants. She lifted her other foot, which came smashing down on a trio of men running from the gigantic woman to extinguish their lives.

Iona heard a loud rumbling noise from above and it took but a moment for Iona to realize the giant warrior was chuckling. She casually brushed strands of golden hair from her face as she peered down at the fleeing humans. The demi seemed in no great hurry to pursue and took her time in crushing the homes she passed, stone or lumber it was all the same under her tred. The human staring up at her screamed at her legs to move but found they would not do so. She was glued to the spot as she stared helplessly up at the giantess.

A rough grip found her arm finally and turned her around, tugging her along. A brown haired young man. Simon. Her brother. Yes, this was her brother. He was shouting something to her that was muffled by the screaming. He pointed to the treeline beyond the village many were fleeing to and the young woman got the idea. With him tugging her along Iona found her legs again and ran with him. The thunderous steps behind her still rang in her skull as did that awful chuckle. How could something like that be real?

There were many people ahead of them, running towards the forest. Those that fell were left behind by many while some lingered to try and help along family members. Iona herself stumbled several times but found Simon her saving grace. Her older brother helped her along as she worked on recovering from her shock to focus on escape. How did one simply recover from seeing that? How could one accept that their eyes were still functioning after witnessing a demi casually step over a village, trampling countless lives out with scarce a thought?

"Iona! Come on, we are nearly there!" Finally she could hear Simon's voice and the sound was enough for her to focus on.

They were indeed nearly there, some of the people were almost at the treeline. That was when she noted Simon's eyes widened as he was looking back at her. Iona looked back herself just as she heard the frequent thundering of the demi's footsteps. The woman shadow fell over her and many others as she stepped over many and onto those at the treeline. She swept her blade out along the ground as well, throwing back Iona and her brother and annihilating those caught in its path.

Iona felt her head buzzing as she stared up and watched the armored giantess methodically smear people against the ground with the toe of her boots. None made it to the tree line, indeed many ran in the opposite direction back to the ravaged village. Anything to escape this being that seemed to find enjoyment in crushing out the lives of so many. Iona stood and found her brother standing nearby. She felt a brief wave of relief at seeing that he had survived, her eyes turning back towards the armored woman.

She had scooped up a group of people in her gauntleted hand and raised it up over her parting lips. The demi had done that before when she had first appeared and it was just as horrific now as it had been then. She opened her fingers to allow her captives to tumble down into her gaping maw, their screams muting as she closed her mouth. The being didn't chew like she had last time, simply swallowing the handful whole and tracing their passage down her throat with a single finger and a content sigh. Iona almost threw up.

The demi's eyes fell upon her next target and it filled Iona with panic; her brother.

The thunderous footfalls drew nearer and nearer as the demi looked disdainfully down at the recovering man. She started to reach down and that spurred Iona to move without thinking. Indeed, she ran straight for her brother. The demi's fingers closed in towards Simon, who looked utterly paralyzed in terror. His younger sister did the only thing that was running through her mind at that moment. She pushed the older sibling away roughly, taking his place where the armored woman's fingers closed.

Iona felt the air squeezed from her lungs immediately as the massive armored digits clamped down upon her mercilessly. This time, as gravity shifted so suddenly, she did throw up. The terrified human was brought up before the demi's face who regarded her with a slightly raised eyebrow. It was as though she had found a fly in her soup or something similar, cocking her head to one side slightly. Being pinned between her fingers so the twenty year old human felt like an actual ant compared to the giantess. Had she possessed much breathing ability likely they would be as labored as possible.

The being didn't speak; indeed she had never spoken once through the entire ordeal. As Iona stared at her face she found herself wondering how something so very beautiful could be so utterly cruel. Iona herself was possessed of no small beauty, with her pale skin, her lightly freckled face and red hair she had been the object of many a villager's eye. Next to this demi though she felt ugly, inadequate, and utterly tiny. She struggled in vain against the massive digits, squealing and screaming bloody murder. She hadn't thought this through and it was only now that she realized that her death was practically assured now.

The giantess' features twisted back into that cruel smirk and Iona any remaining breath crushed from her lungs as the mighty digits pressed down upon her. Tears filled her eyes in pain as she screamed, her bones shattering and muscles being compressed. The pain became so great that Iona felt like death would be preferable at this point. The worst part about it all was the enjoyment her murderer seemed to get out of this. The glee in the monster's eyes, the curling of her lips as she crushed Iona between her fingers.

Mercifully Iona passed out before the end, unable to feel anything as the demi rubbed out the rest of her between her metallic digits.