- Text Size +

Joe and Ms Sun parted ways at the entrance of the Second building.

“Take care Joe” Ms Sun said “I still have one last class here”

Joe exchanged the greeting and walked away. That was his last class for the day and is now headed to the teacher’s dormitory in the other side of the campus. His plan was to to relax for a bit in his room then go to the school gym later at night.

Since Chester University was one of the first Alpha sized schools ever built, its student population is fairly big. Upon its opening, Alpha students and teachers around the world flocked to Chester for the chance of a normal school environment once again after AE. Beta students were also welcome to enrol; encouraged even as shown by the big tuition fee discount they get.

At the moment, the campus hallways were congested with students as it was the common dismissal time of the school. Joe walked with a group of Betas and moved out of the way when Alphas passed by.

The size difference is something Joe has not gotten used to yet. Though he has a relaxed and indifferent facade when interacting with Alphas, on the inside he is at awe. They are magnificent beings he thought.

After AE, the women who changed did not only grow in size but also became more beautiful. All of the Alphas Joe has met have stunning features, flawless skin and toned bodies. They were basically goddesses among men.

The Teacher’s dormitory is located near the main entrance of the university. It is an Alpha sized structure

that houses both Alpha and Beta teachers and staff. Joe lived in the third floor so he had to climb three flights of Alpha sized stairs which had smaller steps on the right side to accommodate Betas. All rooms in the dormitory were Alpha sized but almost all of the amenities were custom built to cater to Betas as well.

Showers have knobs for both heights; beds have a small staircase on the side and Beta blankets are available; closets have adjustable compartments so on. The Dormitory rooms could easily transition from an Alpha to Beta occupant and vice versa.

Betas are mandated to room together to maximize a single room but at the moment, Joe lived alone due to the recent multiple resignations of Beta male teachers. His room was located near the end of the hallway of the 3rd floor.

Walking on the hallway, Joe saw that the room right before his own was open and books scattered all around the floor. The room's occupant was the librarian named Kim Riley whom Joe was only acquainted with even though they were neighbors.

“Ms Riley are you here?” Joe called out as he surveyed the room from the outside.

No response.

He could hear faint movement coming from the bedroom which has its door open as well. Joe thought twice about entering a lady's bedroom but he really felt that something was wrong with the scene.

The movements stopped and Joe, following his instincts, rushed towards the dorm’s bedroom.

Lying face first on the floor beside the bed was Kim Riley. She appeared to have collapsed while trying to reach her bedside drawer.

Joe has heard about this. Alphas may have become the superior race of the planet but they weren’t particularly ready for the planet itself. With their immense size, they required more of everything. More food, more water, more oxygen to survive. During the early years of AE, starvation and dehydration were common ailments that plagued the Alpha population. To remedy this, AlphaMed was created. AlphaMed provided everything that would, ironically, help Alphas adapt to a Beta world; like calorie-dense meal replacements and pills that provide hydration and help in oxygen intake.

“Are you alright Ms Riley?” Joe asked as he moved closer to the collapsed Alpha.

No movement.

He checked her pulse and found it fairly stable. However, she was not breathing.

Joe quickly called an ambulance and was told it will be there as quickly as the hospital can. Joe then asked what he should do to the victim in the meantime.

“If you can, perform CPR” the hospital responder replied.

Joe knew how to perform CPR from basic first aid, but that was with a Beta victim. He never imagined that he would have to perform a lifesaving procedure, much less on someone twice his size.

“Okay you got this” Joe told himself as he examined the almost 13 feet of woman on the ground. First things first, he needed to flip Ms Riley on her back which was a herculean task by itself as Alphas could weigh between 700-800lbs (317-363 kg).

Joe is a fairly strong person. He has a background in amateur powerlifting and enjoys lifting heavy in especially squats and deadlifts at the gym. The task in front of him however, will be the true test of strength.

Joe stood on Ms Riley’s right side and positioned one of his hands on her shoulder and the other on the ribs area in a modified deadlift stance. He planted his feet, squatted down then pulled on the Alpha upward with all that he’s got.

She was heavier than anything Joe has ever lifted but was not immovable. Slowly but surely Joe was able to lift the right side of the Alpha’s torso high enough so he could pivot and position his shoulder on her chest. He then used his whole body to push forward with enough force to successfully roll  Ms Riley on her back.

The simple movement of rolling an Alpha on her back exhausted Joe but his task was not done so taking a break was out of the question.

He checked her breathing again. Still nothing.

Remembering his basic aid training, Joe positioned his hands on the designated area of Ms Riley’s chest and started doing chest compressions. Unlike with a Beta victim, Joe had to stand up and use his entire body and much more force to push down on the massive Alpha chest thirty times. After which, Joe tilted her head, used his entire right hand to pinch her much larger nose closed, moved his lips with hers and blew.

The Beta teacher could fit his entire mouth inside hers and blew hard enough to see her chest rise slightly. An undertaking that took all the breath that he could provide.

Joe was sweating profusely and was consistently out of breath and yet he soldiered on. He repeated the process countless times, getting weaker on every attempt until finally, Kim Riley came back to life with  cough.

In that moment, after seeing his task accomplished, Joe collapsed on the ground out of sheer exhaustion.


 

Chapter End Notes:

Short chapter for now :( More to come! Please comment