- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A short chapter, but a chapter none the less

Chapter 13: Kara

 

One does not know how to feel when they have just heard they are dead. I suppose I am more fortunate than most as not many get to witness their own death. Although I didn't care what was stated on the paper I knew the two women who towered over me were the people responsible for my death. In a situation such as mine you have a mixed amount of emotions, Anger, fear, curiosity. However it was mostly the feeling of being defeated.

 

I had held on for so long hoping for a cure but these women had decided that their amusement was far more important that me ever returning to a normal life. I had mentioned it plenty of times, but as I sat in Caroline's open hand all I could think was how was it possible that they could think this way. Did they really value entertainment over my own life? And this plan of killing me off was so well thought out. Did they not think I have family and friends? The mind was truly boggled.

 

The room was quiet, my expression was one of defeat. Kara on the other hand had a smug smirk on her face. However Caroline looked as if she was rethinking things, but she knew that the deed had been done and there was no turning back for any of us. Kara finally broke the silence

 

“Well, where to from now?” she said pondering. “You head home Caroline, one would say you should be traumatised with the death of a patient.” she said laughing.

 

“Okay” said Caroline getting up gripping me in her hand

 

“Although, he should come with me” Kara said pointing at me “If anyone where to think of our plan, they would look at you first. Because you have to most access to him. I should take him until things quiet down around here” Caroline looked down at me as if asking for my approval before realising it didn't matter.

 

“That makes sense” she stated, and before I knew it I was tumbling into Kara's outstretched hand. With that Caroline headed over to the door and gave me on last glance before leaving. I was unsure how to feel, I was still debating the whole death thing, but I wasn't sure if Kara was somebody I wanted to spend a lot of time with. You could at least talk to Caroline, but Kara was only interested in what was good for her.

 

“Well, well, well little one. Looks like we get to spend a lot more time together.” she said sliding one of her clogs off. “As you can see my toes are delighted in being able to spend time with you, your time together is to short” with that remark she gave her toes a wiggle. “You've got some catching up to do, and I have a meeting with hospital directives to talk about the death of a certain someone... so enjoy.” Kara slowly placed me into her clog, I was all to familiar with the drill. I curled up near the toe section and waited for her foot to slide in sealing me off from the outside. Her toes came over the top of me and that all to familiar smell started to get stronger, she gave me a playful tap with her toes as the tears started to roll down my cheeks.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

The meeting with hospital directives had long since finished and my tears had well been dried up. Kara had been dismissed for the day and we where only moments away from arriving at her house, at least that is where I assumed we where going. The meeting had been a long and painful one for many reasons. The obvious one was the conditions I had to suffer in under Kara's giant sweaty foot. The other reason was that while all the talk was muffled I could just make out what they where saying, and one does not enjoy being talked about when so unbearable close. The directives were sad to hear of my passing, but it was complete torture being trapped in Kara's shoe as they did so. I wanted to break free and tell them I was still alive and that Kara and Caroline had tried to kidnap me, but I was forced to sit there and listen to them. They where oblivious that the man they thought dead was trapped under the foot of one of their most trusted employees.

 

Soon the engine of the car fell silent and I was again pressed under the weight of her toes as I assumed we where on the move. Kara rarely walked when I usually spent time with her, although I was in a safe place under her toes I could feel the pressure of her body weighing down on her foot. I felt lucky I was not underneath her sole, one step under there and I would be crushed. While I tried not to think about that raw power I found it hard not too.

 

Suddenly the movement stopped. Before I knew it the fresh air began to rush in and light entered Kara's shoe. I was plastered to her sole of her shoe but I slowly got myself unstuck and moved towards the entrance as was the expectation from Kara. I was greeted by her smiling face and it made me feel incredibly angry. Her fingers came in and seized me bringing me out of the shoe. From what I had to guess with I guessed that we where in the living room of Kara's house. I could already tell that this was definitely a house, it was much larger that Caroline's apartment.

 

“Well come to my house, a little big isn't it?” she said as if reading my mind “Yes it's quite big for me, but I can afford it and it's nice.” she paused “Got nothing to say? I thought my nice house would have drawn a compliment from you at least”

 

Filled with a high amount of rage I folded my arms and sat there, but this did not suit Kara at all. With her free hand her fingers reached down and held my head between her thumb and finger. She gave a little squeeze, but to me it felt as if my head was going to cave in from both sides and I yelled out in pain and she quickly released her hold.

 

“Got anything to say?” she repeated fishing for the compliment.

 

“Yes, you have a lovely home Kara”

 

“Thank you little one, you are too kind. It's been so long since I had company staying over, but we are going to get along just fine aren't we?”

 

“Yes Kara”

 

“You're going to be my little play thing aren't you?”

 

“Yes Kara” although it pained me to say it

 

“Excellent” she blurted “you no longer need that” she said pointing at my hospitable gown. I will admit it had taken a beating from my time with Caroline and it was pretty dirty, but I was not prepared to surrender it, it cover my body and it was the only clothing I had, perhaps the only dignity I had left.

 

“No thanks, I would rather keep it on”

 

“What!?” she said surprised that I had refused her “Take it off now!” I held firm hoping she would back off the topic, but Kara was persistent and keen to show who was in control. Her free hand again reached down, I tried to push the fingers away but they easily got past me and ripped the hospital gown off of me. I now stood naked in Kara's palm.

 

“When I say it comes off, it comes off!” she said with anger before calming down “Do you not realise little one? I've said it before you're an item. People wear clothes, items do not. Anyway what I say goes, you are my item and I am you're owner simple. Besides i'm a doctor, you think I haven't seen what you have? You've got nothing special”

 

My last shred of dignity had been stripped away from me, I felt naked in more ways than one. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Thoughts? What do people think about Kara?