- Text Size +

Bigfoot

Leah walked down the hallway of her high school, feeling much less self-conscious than usual. This was really saying something for Leah, because on an average day she was very shy and self-conscious. Being a six-foot-tall brunette with a stick figure and small breasts, she was bound to stand out in any crowd, but what most annoyed her was the nickname that had plagued her since junior high: Bigfoot.

She was an unlucky size 13, and so she normally chose to wear the dullest footwear possible so as not to draw any extra attention to her oversized feet. But today was not a normal day: it was senior portrait day. This was the only lasting memory of high school she wanted to take with her after she graduated.

Leah pretty much had one foot out the door already: she had turned 18 a few months ago and was slated to enroll at university in the fall. She knew no one else from her school was going to the same college, so she would finally be able to ditch the “Bigfoot” moniker that followed her all these years.

Before she had left for school that morning, her mom had given her a rather unusual gift: a shiny new pair of bright white open-toed high heels. Leah initially balked at the idea of wearing high heels to school. Why would she want to draw attention to her feet, and at the same time add four inches to her height!? But her mother reassured her that these were special, unique shoes. They would give her the confidence to make it through senior portrait day. Her actual wording was something like, “These shoes will protect you.” Leah’s mom was always saying weird stuff like that, dropping vague hints that she and her daughter were descended from a long line of witches, or gypsies, or something mystical like that. Leah didn’t buy into any of that, but she was used to hearing it from her mother.

Leah and her mother were different in many ways. While Leah had definitely inherited her mother’s height, her slight frame was a pale shade of her mother’s figure. A voluptuous raven-haired brunette with an hourglass figure and a DD chest, Diana was a statuesque beauty. The 39-year-old had aged well, suspiciously well, and frequently passed for a woman ten years her junior. Now she was trying to give her daughter a pair of “enchanted” shoes. Leah scoffed, but she had to admit that when she put the shoes on, she did feel powerful and sexy. She felt good enough to really dress well.

When Leah strode through the main entrance of her high school, people were shocked. Introverted, mousy Leah was dressed to the nines. She was draped in an elegant white blouse and a short white skirt that barely met the school’s dress code. Her hair was done in a very attractive bob, and she had ditched her librarian glasses for contacts. She was stunning, and for the first time in a long time she felt comfortable in her own skin.

That is, until the first mean girl gasped, “OMG! I didn’t know Bigfoot could put on makeup!” This was met with a chorus of other jeers, like “Whoa, Bigfoot came out of the forest!” and “What’s the weather like up in the stratosphere?” Leah’s confidence came crashing back to earth as she was cruelly reminded of her place in the social hierarchy.

She tried to walk briskly to the gym to get her photo taken, but she was unused to walking in heels, and so her sputtering gait drew even more jibes. Ordinarily she would have been on the verge of tears, but instead she felt a new emotion welling up inside her: anger. She was surprised by how good it felt to be angry and to indulge in all the nasty thoughts swimming through her head about what she would do to these nitwits. Standing at 6’4” in her new heels, she was able to look down on everyone, and instead of being embarrassed she actually felt empowered.

She stormed into the gym and waited in line for her photo. She could hear people snickering all around her, leering at her outfit and making snide comments. When it was finally her turn she stepped in front of the lights and just wanted to get it over with. The photographer looked at her and did a double take. “WHOA!” he exclaimed, “you must be the Bigfoot girl I’ve been hearing about. The name definitely fits.”

Leah could take it no longer. Her whole body clenched up, and she yelled “STOP CALLING ME BIGFOOT!” A rush of adrenaline came over her, and something totally unexpected happened. She grew. It was only a few inches, but it was noticeable to everyone. Even Leah was taken aback by this turn of events. She felt warm, and unstable, like a furnace had been lit inside her. The rush she felt was definitely coming from her feet and filling every corner of her being. It was intoxicating. She felt even more empowered now that she towered over everyone at seven feet tall in her heels.

She might have stayed like that, but one more comment from the peanut gallery sent her over the edge. A stunned silence filled the room, but it was broken by a smartass who quipped, “Wow Bigfoot, you gotta be like a size 20 now.”

Leah closed her eyes and screamed. But she didn’t scream with her voice, she screamed with her soul. It was like every fiber of her being cried out as loud as it could, and the pleasurable sensation she felt earlier when she grew now washed over her again. It was moving around inside of her, and she chased the feeling as long as she could. For what seemed like an eternity she nurtured the sensation as it moved through her and slowly began to fade away.

After a few minutes the feeling totally subsided, and Leah was able to turn her attention back to the world around her. She was surrounded by a silence which she expected would soon be broken by another smartass remark from some jock. But when she opened her eyes, she found she was not in her high school gym any more. She was somewhere else entirely. Outside, but unlike any place she’d ever seen. There were no trees or grass. The land was totally flat, mostly green with a few puddles scattered around. Then she looked straight down, and less than an inch to the left of her right foot was a small grey patch about the size of two postage stamps. Without moving her right foot, she knelt down to examine it.

************************************************************

The 10+ million people of Metroburg saw things differently. In an instant, with no explanation, an area the size of a small country had been obliterated by an object that was indescribably large. Its arrival created no blast radius or shockwave or earthquake. It hadn’t settled there, it had just appeared. Those closest to it figured it might be an alien spacecraft. People who were a hundred or so miles away saw something they couldn’t explain: it was a shoe. A high heeled woman’s shoe. And even more unbelievable, it held the foot of a woman to match. A woman who stood at over 1,000 miles tall, even without the heels. Those closest to the heel couldn’t even see where it ended sixty miles above them. From heel to toe the elegant white shoe measured ~200 miles. The curved lip of the shoe beneath her toes created a gap of more than six miles between her sole and the ground, large enough to fit Mt. Everest with room to spare. And a few hundred miles away there was another shoe, with another foot, that had obliterated countless other cities.

That other foot began to move. As impossible as its very existence was, it was even more unbelievable that it could move. Slowly the left foot left the ground, and the debris of many cities rained down from it as the giantess above knelt. The people of Metroburg were rocked by an earthquake as the giantess’s knee touched the ground hundreds of miles away. Hundreds of miles farther away, many cities were swept away as the toes of her left foot brushed against the ground while she steadied herself.

Leah curiously inspected the small grey patch next to her right big toe. She knew she recognized the shape, that it was somehow familiar, but she couldn’t quite place it. After a moment she recognized it, but it didn’t make any sense. It was shaped like a map of her home town. When she tried to process this information, she came to realize and accept her situation with alarming ease, as though her thoughts were being guided by an outside force. Her mind began to wrap around the idea that the grey patch wasn’t just shaped like Metroburg. It actually was Metroburg. She was enormous, and Metroburg was no larger than one or two square inches compared to her. It was roughly the size of…her big toe.

As soon as the wicked thought crossed her mind, she knew she would act on it. Slowly, menacingly, she reached down and undid the clasp on the strap that held her foot in place.

**************************************************************

People in Metroburg began to realize how dire their situation was. Fingers that were dozens of miles long began to undo a white strap that was an incredible ten miles wide and dozens of miles long. Even though the giantess was kneeling, her face was still hundreds of miles above, too far away to see the delighted and sinister expression that played over her mousy features, at the center of which was a maliciously curved lower lip that verged on an outright sneer.

She stood, and with a deafening roar the 200-mile long foot slid out of its confines. The giantess’s bare foot now hovered unconstrained over the town. The normally bustling city was transfixed by the power of this woman and her enormous feet. Slowly the pad of her big toe began to descend.

Leah was enjoying this immensely. She had overestimated the size of the city. Her big toe—30 miles long and 20 miles wide—was actually slightly larger than the entire city, meaning that a tap of her toe would obliterate Metroburg and its suburbs and surrounding countryside, leaving only a perfect imprint of her toe. The ridges in her toe print were so large that the tallest skyscrapers in the world could fit inside and have thousands of feet of empty space above them.

Years of bullying and torment were finally erased as the pad of her toe delicately tapped the ground, annihilating Metroburg and its millions of inhabitants in an instant. Shockwaves emanated for hundreds of miles, but the devastation was total. Leah moaned with exhilaration as she knew the slight tap of her toe was more powerful than any bomb or natural disaster in earth’s history. She was absolutely powerful.

After the Tap, she set her bare right foot down elsewhere. Another few dozen cities, in another state, paid the price as her barefoot wiped them off the map. Then she undid the clasp on her left shoe, and removed it, and when her bare left foot settled hundreds of miles away it proved no less destructive than her right foot had been.

She looked down at her feet approvingly, and wiggled her toes, sending earthquakes rippling throughout the continent. Huh, she thought to herself, I guess I do have big feet. And she smiled.