- Text Size +

“Ah!” Tyler called, sitting bolt upright. He was breathing heavy, covered in sweat. His face was red, his body tense. But, despite all that had happened, he was still in one piece. “Damn it,” he said, shaking his head. “These dreams are to realistic.”

He looked down at his clock, quickly dialing the settings back to normal. He pressed the button right as he heard the door open.

“What was that?” Chloe said as she walked in, dropping her ski supplies on the ground.

“Looked like a blue light,” Mia answered, doing likewise.

“The light of a newly bought shrink ray, perhaps?” Katie said, kicking off the snow from her boots. “Having fun while we were gone?”

Tyler shrugged. “A bit.”

“Well tell us,” Chloe said, unzipping her jacket. “What’d you end up doing?”

“Not much, actually.” He shrugged apologetically.

“Did you find the little thing I hid?” Katie asked, grinning mockingly.

“Oh god.”

“Yeah, I think you did.”

“What was it?” Tyler said with a groan.

“A little bonus program. If you press the green button before shrinking, like I did before you left, it gives you a hyper realistic dream allowing you to live out even your most impossible fantasies. Did you like it?”

Like it? He wouldn’t exactly call what happened between him and the bear a dream come true. Though, technically, it was. Still, he didn’t want to hurt her feelings. “It was awesome.”

“Good,” Katie answered. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

 

Night came quickly in the high mountains, the sun hiding away behind the high peaks. The group made the best of it though; clustering together on the couch, watching whatever show was on the television. Their cold gear was packed away, along with the greater part of their supplies, and a couple of shampoo bottles. They would be leaving in the morning. Even so, with Katie’s warm body cuddle close against him, Tyler couldn’t be happier.

“This was a nice Christmas,” Chloe said, tossing her long hair behind her head. She looked especially pretty in the light. Something about the orange in the room brought out the marvelous glow in her hair, though it did look a little disheveled. 

“I enjoyed it,” Tyler answered, gripping his girlfriend just a bit tighter. She smiled up at him.

“The peasants were good.” Everyone rolled their eyes at Katie’s answered.

“Is that the only thing on your mind?” Mia asked, jokingly.

“Well it’s the only thing that’s important.” Now it was Katie’s turn to roll her eyes, finishing the motion with a satisfying “da.”

“Hey Chloe, what ever happened to that waiter, anyway?” Tyler asked.

“Oh yeah.” The girl smiled, giggling slightly, casting a glance at Mia. “Nothing really.”

“Come on, what happened?”

“A girl never kisses and tells,” Mia answered, leaning back against the plush cushions.

“Really?”

“Not going to say it.”

Tyler squinted his eyes. “Did you guys have a three way?”

“Maybe,” Mia said.

“Maybe not,” Chloe continued.

“Well which is it!?”

“Not telling.”

“Come on.”

“Nope.”
            “Please?”

“Drop it.”
            “I’ll tell you about my dream.”

“Don’t care.”

Chapter End Notes:

Another story comes to an end. As always, your support reviews are much appreciated.