- Text Size +

The next morning, I wake up and roll over. I yawn, and look over at Olivia, this massive goddess sleeping in a bed I could get lost walking on. And yet, she takes up almost all of it. It’s almost unfathomable how much bigger she is than me. I jump off the nightstand and, surprisingly, stick the landing on her mattress. I slowly approach her face. When I’m almost there, I slip on a puddle of drool and slam my face against her lips.

Suddenly, she awakes! She makes a slight gasp and then notices me, my face pressed against her lip. I get back up to my feet, and look up at her eyes, each one larger than my head. Olivia shifts her position so she sits up and wraps her fingers around my body. She lifts me up to eye level.

“Were you trying to get fresh with me?” She asks, jokingly.

“Ahehehe… I was, uh… j-just trying to wake you up…”

“Well, you succeeded. Did you need anything in particular or just want to say hi?”

“Oh, I, um… I am kinda hungry…”

“...Ohh, shit. You haven’t eaten in like two days have you. Sorry, I meant to get you something last night, but then Chanelle… yeah… What, um… What do you even… eat…?”

“I can eat anything you do! We’re the same species. I just… my portions are smaller.”

“R...right. Yeah. Sorry about that… What would you… like?” She asks me, standing up and carrying me out of her bedroom and into the kitchen.

She gets some stuff out from her pantry and fridge, puts some waffles in the toaster and pours a bowl of cereal. She places the bowl near me and motions at it. I approach it and reach in for a cocoa puff. She makes another motion like “go on” and I grab a few more cocoa puffs. I bite into one like an apple and then I just completely go after the next two, devouring them in seconds. By the fourth puff I’m feeling kind of full, but I take a bite out of it anyway.

The toaster pops and Olivia places a plate of waffles on the counter where I’m sitting, full of cocoa puff. She offers me some, but I’m just too full to eat any waffle. I do accept her offer of a spoonful of chocolate milk, though, to wash down the puffs. I sit against the wall and watch her eat for a few minutes, noting how she manages to eat in one bite more than I could eat for the whole meal.

Suddenly, she stands up and looks at the clock, like she remembered she forgot something.

“Oh shit! I need to go to class today!” she places her dishes in the sink and scoops me up quickly.

“Do you think you can handle staying here with Chanelle on your own?” Olivia asks me.

“I… I, uh… I don’t… er… think…” I don’t really want to disagree with her, but I dread the thought of what Chanelle would do to me if she had me all to herself…

“...Ah… well… I see your point. Look… I think I can take you with me if you’re okay with sitting in my jacket pocket. Otherwise, well…”

“I-I-I’m fine with that! It’ll be fine… I can handle it.”

So she scoops me up into her hands and drops me gently into the inside pocket of her coat.

Not much happens for a while, and I occasionally peek out of the pocket to see what’s what. I poke my head out and whisper-yell at Olivia. You know what I mean, yelling but like… in a whispering tone… Stage whispering, I guess, is what I’m getting at. Regardless of what I actually did with my voice, she didn’t hear. I say her name a bit louder, but she still doesn’t hear it. I try to get a bit closer to her ears by climbing halfway out of the pocket. As soon as I make it, I realize what a terrible idea that was, because I fall. As soon as I hit the ground, I try to roll to lessen the blow, as I’ve seen done in many movies and other media. Let me say right now, it’s hard to get the amount of focus you need to land just so that you roll when you’re falling to the ground. I am able to somewhat get it right, though, and I roll right up against a shoe. As I compose myself, still dizzying from the fall, a hand reaches down to grab me. I get ready to explain myself to Olivia, but as soon as I get a look at the person’s face I realize - I’ve never met this guy before.