- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

And now back to "The Size Zone"

It was Friday and Mary was having some fun at home. She had Hanh and Steven massaging and licking her feet while she browned the web. "Guess it was only time" she said noticing a missing persons for Matt. "You see this kid? I raped and ate him. It wasn't as much fun eating him though. He was already dead. Not like your girlfriend who fought till the bitter end. By the way I saw her this morning when I took a dump. Tiny ass skeleton with clothes on! It took me a full minute to stop laughing" she told Steve. Steve just looked at her and said nothing. "Not so much as a curse word? You're no fun" she frowned. She looked at Hahn who was busy licking between her toes.  She picked her up and held her close to her face. Hanh was scared shitless worried that she was going to eat her. Mary licked her face and enjoyed how she cringed. She put her finger on her abdomen. "Think a baby is being made in there?" Mary said. Hahn just glared at her with teary eyes. "That's more like it! She's more courageous than you are you sorry sack of shit" Mary said to him.

 

Mary thought about how it felt to eat someone and wanted to do it again. After putting her captives in the shoebox she drove out to Malibu. She didn't want to risk another disappearance in her own neighborhood. It didn't take her long to find a perfect target. A van full of teens had pulled up to the local mall. "Thank god for LA carpooling" she said getting out of her SUV. She fired the device at the vehicle and watched it shrink. She didn't let off the button until it was no bigger than her finger. To the occupants inside, the world just expanded around them. Mary watched one get out. He was super tiny. Millimeters at best. He was too small for her to get an estimate on his age. For everyone including him, the world got dark. Her shadow covered them. Mary raised her foot over the tiny thing. He must have seen it because he ran back to the van. Mary slowly lowered her sandaled foot on him. She barely heard his body crack under the thousands of tons of pressure. "Like stepping on an ant" she said.

 

The other freaked. Their friend was running and screaming about something giant and then a tan...something and a pale wall of flesh filled their view. When it was raised, only a red splotch was where he was standing. His body was stuck to her sole. "For fuck sakes drive!" someone yelled in the van. Mary saw it peel tires and zoo off. Of course at that size it was barely 10 mph. She effortlessly picked it up and put it in her purse. Mary came back home and put the van one the coffee table. The occupants were scared to say the least. After some time in darkness they were on a wooden surface. They tried calling for help but they got no cell reception. Mary came back with Hahn and Steve.

 

"Oh god what have you done now?" Steve asked. Steve looked at the van. It was his size but that meant the occupants were only a quarter his size as well. "What did I get? They're kinda too small for me to see" Mary asked. "Fucking teens. You got 7 fucking teens you crazy bitch!" Steve yelled. Mary reached for the van and tore the doors off of it. She shook it till the tiny at sized teens fell out. The teens looked in awe at the giant man and woman standing before them. To them they were 25 ft. tall. Then one saw Mary. A girl screaming made them turn and see her. Mary was colossal to them. A thousand feet tall easy. "What are you planning to do to them" Steve asked. "We are going to eat them. Notice I said we" Mary said. "You can't be fucking serious! I can't eat them! Even if I wanted to they're too big!" Steve yelled. "Not a problem" Mary said holding the device. Steve watched her carefully aim the device at a tiny teen all alone and fired. She was pressing the plus button and waited till he was around an inch tall. Without ceremony, she stripped him bare and tossed the screaming teen into her mouth and swallowed him.

 

Mary guessed they were screaming due to how Steve and Hanh covered their ears. "Your turn. Pick one" she said. Steve nervously shook his head. "Eat or be eaten" she said coldly. Steve grabbed a girl around 17 by her shoulders and pushed her forward. Mary shot her and she shrank even further until she was lost from her view; but not Steve's. She was half the size of a grain of salt to her and just over two inches to him. "I'm so sorry" he said ripping off her dress and clothes and eating her. He felt sick feeling her struggle inside him. "Now for you" Mary said to Hanh. Hanh chose a teen around 16 for her. Hanh didn't say a thing as she devoured him. Her mind was on autopilot. All three of them ate those teens until there was only one left. Mary heard the door unlock. "Shit it's my son!" Mary yelled. Mary grabbed Steven and Hanh and put them back in their box. She made it back to the table just as her son walked in. "Hi mom!" he said. Mary quickly hid the van in her hand.

 

"Good day at school?" she said making small talk. Her son answered her by telling her about upcoming finals. When he went to put his backpack down, Mary quickly tossed the van in the trash.  "Eww mom! We got an ant problem" he yelled. Mary quickly went back to the living room to see her son squishing the last teen with his thumb. Poor Kimberly watched her friends devoured before her eyes by the giants and giantess'. She was the only one left. She thought maybe she might be saved when a cute giant boy appeared before her. She cried out and waved her arms desperate to get his attention. When she saw him see her she was ecstatic.  "Down here! Please help me! Wait what are you...no please don't! NOOOO! *crunch*

 

"Gross. We need an exterminator mom" her son said. Mary stifled a laugh seeing her gentle son crush the life out of someone. Michael made it home on time that night. The family had dinner and laughed about what was going on in their lives. It was late at night as Mary looked at the sky. A bright star seemed to twinkle just for her. "Come to bed" Michael said hugging his wife from behind. “You’d love me if I was a monster right?” she asked. “I’d love you if you were the Bride of Frankenstein herself” he said. Mary smiled at that. She walked with him to their bed. For the next hour they fucked like newlyweds. Michael didn’t know that in the closet was two shrunken human who could hear them.

 

“Oh god they’re fucking!” Steve said shaking his head. Hanh was shaking her head franticly trying to block out Mary’s moaning. That sound was burned into her broken mind. “Hey! HEY! Keep it together a little while longer!” Steve said holding her face with his hands. “How can you say that? She can kill us anytime she wants! She might just kill us tomorrow for all we know!” Hanh yelled. “I got a plan. You saw that device she had. That’s what shrank us. Tomorrow I’ll get her to enlarge us enough to try to steal it” he said. Hanh hugged him hoping his plan would work. In the middle of the night, Mary awoke to sounds coming from downstairs. She noticed Michael wasn’t in bed. As she neared the stairs, she could hear him talking on the phone. “Yeah she doesn’t suspect a thing. I’m positive. Oh I took care of that today. Yeah, booked the trip and finished all the planning. I just have to pay for it tomorrow during our lunch break. She’s pissed I haven’t spent time with her I awhile so I came home early. That’s why I didn’t pay for it today. Alright, goodnight Ming” Michael was saying before he hung up the phone. Mary walked back to her bed devastated.  “Son of a bitch! He’s cheating on me with that bitch and he even plans on taking her on some trip!” she thought. She felt silent tears running down her face as he climbed back to bed. She felt like vomiting as he gently kissed her hair and went back to sleep.

 

 

Saturday morning came. Bright and sunny for the city of LA but not for Mary. She was looking at TV fuming. Michael left for work earlier on and now she was busy thinking about what she should do. Mary had signed a prenup years ago. The only way she would get anything if she divorced him was he caught him cheating. Mary smiled when she realized she could ambush them at the travel agency she knew from past experience he used. All she had to do was wait till 1 p.m.; the time she knew he would be on his lunch break. Mary decided to have some fun with Hanh and Steve to kill some time. As Mary made them clean her feet, Steve decided it was now or never. “Ma’am, can I ask something of you?” he asked. “If it’s to let you go forget it” she said. “Not that. I want to fuck you” he said. Mary was shocked to hear that. She pulled her panties down and pulled her lips apart. “Go for it” she said. “No I mean I want to fuck you as a bigger person. I want to really stick my dick in there” he said smiling. “And here we go. Your little plan for me to make you big again so you can kick my ass and escape now is it. Hell no” she said frowning. “You don’t have to make me full size. A foot is good enough. That can’t hurt right? I’d be big as a baby and you can handle someone that size right?” he said mocking her. “Fine but you try something and ill shrink you so small dust mites will be raping you” she said.

 

Mary used the device and grew him to a foot tall. Now that he was bigger he mounted her pussy and began fucking her. Mary pinched her nipples enjoying the small man fucking her cunt. When she was good and horny, he enacted the second part of his plan. “You could make her my size too. We can have threesome” he said. Mary enlarged Hanh too. Hanh was held by Mary as she sucked and slurped the small Asian pussy. Mary was lost in lust and Steve made sure to take advantage. He fucked her faster and faster making sure her orgasm would be the most intense of her life. Mary gasped and screamed. “Fuckin’ cum in me you tiny shit. Cum in me!” she yelled pushing on his back. Steve came in her alright. Since he was bigger, she could actually feel his semen shot into her and that set off the orgasm Steve was hoping for. She let go of Hanh who was panting from an orgasm herself. Steve saw she was out of it and dashed for the device. Mary saw out of the corner of her eye what he was doing. “NO!” she yelled reaching for him. Hanh jumped into her face and knocked her off the sofa. All three fell on the floor. “No you don’t!” she said gripping the device. Steve had a good enough grip to press the button that meant the entire world to him and Hanh. He pressed the plus button.

 

Since the two were all touching each other, they were equally affected by the red beam. Mary and Steve had a death grip on the device and he wasn’t letting go. The beam kept enlarging them to the point Mary burst out of the house destroying it. It was only then the beam stopped. Mary looked at her surroundings. They were so small to her. She stood up and realized what had happened.  Judging by the size of cars and houses, she was at the least 300 ft. tall. She glanced down at Steve and Hanh. They had grown as well but not even close to her size. If anything they were closer to their original height. “The device! Where is it!?” Mary yelled. Steve looked around and found it. The device was huge now. As big as a Ford Focus now but that wasn’t what got their attention. The device was smashed. Destroyed by a falling support beam of the house.  “Look what you did! I’m stuck at this fuckin’ size!” Mary yelled. Hanh and Steve were scared shitless at the naked giantess. She angrily raised her bare foot over them. “Look out!” Steve yelled. Hanh was frozen in fear and dint move. Mary slammed her foot down so hard it set off car alarms down the block.

 

Steve looked where her foot had landed and saw a pool of blood forming under it. Mary raised her foot and Steve could see Hanh (or what was left of her) pancaked into the expensive tile floor. Steve cried at the sight. He had grown fond of the girl over the few days they were together. He even thought about the possibility of her carrying his kid. Now that was history. Mary had literally crushed that dream into mushy paste. Mary yanked him from the destroyed house and held him close to her face. “Do it bitch! EAT ME! FUCKING EAT ME! I HOPE YOU CHOKE ON ME!” he yelled. Mary jammed him into her mouth and swallowed.

 

Her mind raced at what she should do next. The she remembered what he planned to do that day. Divorcing him was moot now but at least she had the power to make him suffer for his betrayal and her broken heart. Mary began walking to the travel agency. It wasn’t a far walk for someone her size but it was interesting. She lost count of how many she crushed. People fled from her but a few stuck around to see her naked form or was just mind blown at her size. “Little pervert” she hissed slamming her foot down on a guy filming her with his phone. He spattered all over the sidewalk. “Put that on YouTube” she said continuing.  It didn’t take long for the police to show up. A helicopter buzzed her and she angrily swatted it. The copter spun out of control and crashed into the street. The cops formed a barricade and began shooting at her. Their bullets didn’t do shit to her. One brave man charged her ankle and fired point blank with his shotgun. “You little fuck!” she yelled feeling something like a wasp sting. She kicked him so hard his body flew a quarter mile. A woman who was buying flowers saw a flash of speed and an explosion of blood when he slammed into her car.

 

Mary continued her death march easily crushing the barricade. The air was filled with sirens as she got to where she was going. She saw her husband’s red Benz pull up and with rage saw Ming get out of the passenger side. Michael was blaring the radio so he didn’t hear any sirens or the booms of his wife’s steps. They did see her when they got out of the car though. “Oh my god Mary!” Michael yelled. Mary quickly grabbed Ming first. “Mary? What are you doing?” the scared girl asked. “Killing your housebreaking ass first” Mary said. “Mary don’t hurt her!” Michael pleaded.  “Fuck off Mike” Mary spat out. Mary began ripping off the girl’s dress and clothes. In just seconds Ming was naked. “What was it you used to seduce him? That ass or those fake fucking tits!?” Mary yelled. “It’s not like that Mary! Please don’t hurt me!” she pleaded. “Say goodbye whore” Mary said tossing her into her mouth. Mary made sure to chew her up nosily. Ming screamed and screamed as she was chewed up. People watching threw up as a trickle of blood seeped out of her mouth. Ming’s screams abruptly stopped when Mary acted like she was biting down on something hard. Mary looked dead at Michael as she swallowed the pulped remains of his nurse.

 

Seeing that, Michael got back in his car and tried to run. “No you don’t” she said picking the car up. She ripped the driver’s door off and shook him out of it. He landed in her right hand and held the car with her left. “You stupid bitch! I wasn’t cheating on you!” Michael yelled. “Bullshit! I heard you planning a trip with her!” Mary yelled. “That trip was for you, me and our son! It was going to be a surprise!” he yelled. Mary reeled at that bit of info. She had killed someone out of jealousy and now her husband saw her as a bloodthirsty monster. Her hands shook. “No it can’t be true! You’re lying! YOU’RE LYING!” she screamed. She was so lost in shock he squeezed her hand holding him. Michael screamed and then she felt a bunch of cracks. Mary looked at her hand and saw what she had done. Blood oozed out of his mouth and nose. She had crushed the life out of him. “AHHGH!” she said tossing the car at what she blamed for the tragedy.

 

The SLK500 flew through the air like a red German buzz bomb and crashed through the roof of the travel agency. She briefly admired the destruction hoping it would soothe her mind. It had the opposite effect. As she saw the damage, she noticed a car parked outside of it; a very familiar car. “No it can’t be” she muttered. She picked up the black M3 and read the plate. “BYB BOY” it said. “Oh my god” she said realizing it belonged to her son. She didn’t know he had showed up there to register his name for the trip. She pulled the broken Benz out of the office and to her everlasting horror found one body among others smashed under the debris and car caused damage. “Dean? Dean?!” she said picking up her dead son. He was dead for sure. His eyes frozen in death. She wondered what he saw in those final moments. Was it his mom eating someone or killing his dad? Mary broke down crying hysterically. She put him back down in the broke office and crossed his tiny arms over his crushed chest. Mary felt her sanity slip and soon she wasn’t crying she was laughing. A blood curdling howl erupted from her mouth and like a crazed beast began to destroy all she could see.

 

She stomped down Wilshire Ave. crushing cars and people. Her fists knocked over building like some movie monster. She spied one man looking out of his office window. She pushed her fingers through the glass and yanked him out. Without so much as a word ate him whole. She did this more and more. Snatching people off the street and eating them. She coughed out their clothes and kept walking. As if to declare her monstrous nature, she saw a woman taking shelter in her apartment with her young 7 year old son. She grabbed them from their apartment and devoured them. Closer and closer she made her way to the beach. She had been on a rampage for an hour and killed all opposition. The LAPD had lost over a 100 men to her bare feet or stomach. Then she heard a symphony of high pitched whistles coming closer to her. “About time” she said. 10 F-35’s scrambled out of Edwards AFB had arrived.

 

Mary just stood there as she watched them fire their missiles. Each one hit her and exploded. At her size a maverick missile had a damage potential as a .22 round. Understandably it took a lot of missiles to even stagger her. Mary crashed into the water and sand as they zoomed around to finish the job. “Target down. Dropping JDAM” the pilot said. Mary watched the bomb drop from a Lightning and whistled as it fell. Her last thoughts were when her family was brand new. Dean when he was a baby and Mike with them playing at the beach. Mary smiled. *BOOM!*

 

“Viewers, this just in. The giant woman who first appeared in the Beverly Hills area has been killed. We don’t know how she got so big or where she came from. Damage has been put at a billion dollars and the loss of life in the thousands. All we know right now is this tragedy is finally over” the new reporter said. Mary had a method to her madness. She heard of suicide by cop but given her size that was impossible. She chose to do enough damage that the military had to get involved. She chose suicide by the Air Force…

 

One week prior…

 

Christina Martinez was a cute 7 year old girl living in Spanish Harlem. Her mother was a single parent due to her husband taking off when she was pregnant. Now like many kids living in a bad part of town, she rarely was able to play outside. Her mother knew this of course and made sure Christina had plenty of toys to occupy her time. Today though something different would appear in her room. Christina was playing with a doll her mother got at the goodwill until she saw a flash come from her bed. She got up and walked over to see what it was. On her bed was the device. She picked it up and wondered what it could be. "It's got buttons. I know these. They taught us these in math. Plus and minus" she said looking at the two buttons. Christina was about to push a button when she heard someone calling her name. "Time for snacks nina" a woman said. "Coming abuela" she said to her grandmother. Since her mother was a single parent, she had to work two jobs. Fortunately, Christina's grandmother lived 3 doors down and could look after the child.

 

"How was school today" her grandmother asked. "Boring abuela" Christina replied. "Be grateful you have a school to go to nina. When I was you age our village had no school" the old woman said.  Christina adored her grandmother but hated her old stories about life in the old village. "How is that boy you like?" she asked. "Miguel?" Christina asked. "That's the one. I hear he has a crush on you" the woman said smiling. "Eww! Miguel is just a friend" Christina said. "That's how they all start nina. It was like that with your abuelo" the woman said remembering her deceased husband. "He's just a friend" Christina said sternly. The woman held her hands up in surrender chuckling. Christina returned to her room and looked at the device again. Her childish curiosity was getting to her.

 

She'd seen car remotes on TV before and she guessed that what it was. She wondered whose car it worked on. Christina faced her window and pressed the plus button. She was startled seeing a red beam shoot out of the device. It just so happened that she was pointing it a stuffed bunny on her bed. She immediately stopped pressing it. To her amazement, her bunny had grown considerably larger. At first it was only 10 inches tall. Now it was every bit of 3 ft. "Everything okay nina? I thoughts heard a...that's a big bunny. When did you mamì get that?" the woman's skied seeing the big plush toy on her bed. "Blanca? I've always had it" she said lying and holding the device behind her back. Her grandmother shrugged and walked off muttering in Spanish. Christina stared at the device. She was smart enough to realize it caused her bunny to get so big. Wondering what would happen if she pressed the minus button; she aimed at the bunny and fired. The beam struck the bunny and shrank. It didn’t stop shrinking until she stopped pressing.

 

"Whoa, it’s so tiny!" she said looking at the one inch toy. Like a child with a new toy she began playing with it. She grew her Barbie doll to comb its hair like a real girl. She shrank her pink Barbie corvette till it was as tiny as a matchbox car. It didn't take too long for her to wonder what might happen if she used it on a person. Christina always dreamed of swimming in her Barbie dream house pool set. After pouring some water into it, she changed into her swimwear and aimed the device at herself. The beam struck her and down she went. The world kept getting larger around her as she shrank. When she had shrunk down small enough she stopped holding down the button. She was very small. An old jelly bean on the floor was twice her size. She couldn't have been any bigger than a quarter inch. She giggled how neat it all was. Like an excited child, she ran to the pool set. She was amazed how weird the carpet felt under her bare feet. Like a spongy dry field of brown grass.

 

"Gotta shrink closer next time" she said out of breath. At her size, her room was three times the size of her school gym. It took her a full 5 minutes to cross it.  And then she saw it. She loved how it looked. The pool was just the right size she could play in it. Christina jumped into the tiny pool and splashed around. It had been over a year since she had gone swimming. Either her mother was too busy or the community pool at the Y was too crowded. Now she had a way to swim all year long. She did handstands underwater and saw how long she could hold her breath. She played so long she lost track of time. "Christina! Mamì is home!" her mother yelled coming in from a long day at her second job. Christina heard her mom and jumped out of the pool. Christina quickly aimed the device at her and fired. She saw the world get smaller around her and didn't t stop until she thought she was back to her old height. "There you are! Why are you wearing that? Her mother asked wondering why she was in her swimwear. "I was playing in the tub" she said. "That's cute honey but don't waste water okay. Mamì promises to take you to the pool on my next off day" she said hugging the wet girl. "Huh...I think you got bigger honey. Another growth spurt already" she said smiling. Christina realized she goofed when she enlarged herself.

 

Her mother made dinner and she liked how she cooked her chicken but hated cooked carrots. "You need to eat them so you'll be big and strong like me" her mother said. The joke in Christina's mind was just a press of a button could do that. The phone rang and her mother walked out of the kitchen to answer. While she was gone, Christina shot the carrots with the device and shrank them down to no bigger than a pea. Christina easily ate that and acted like nothing happened when her mother returned. "Stupido patrón. See eating them wasn't so bad" her mother said seeing the carrots gone. "No mamì, not hard at all" Christina said. Her bed time was not too long after but she didn't go right to sleep. She wondered what else fun she could have with this device.

 

It was Tuesday and Christina walked to school with the other kids in her neighborhood. "Hi Christina!" Miguel said smiling. "Hey Miguel" she said lost in thought. Miguel was her age and it was obvious he had puppy love for her. Many times he would eat lunch with her or come over to play when he saw her sad. "Did you do your homework?" he asked. Christina froze. In all the excitement in discovering how she could shrink things, she forgot to do it. "You forgot" he teased. "It's not funny!" she pouted. "...want to copy mine?" he mumbled. "Can I?!" she happy asked. Miguel nodded. He liked seeing her happy. During home room, she sat close to him to copy his work. Miguel was on cloud nine. The young boy felt his heart pound sitting so close to his crush. "Ohhh...Miguel and Christina sitting in a tree..." one girl mocked. “Shut up he's just my friend!" she yelled. Miguel frowned and looked down. He was only 7 and knew the pain of the "friend zone".

 

"Thanks!" she said finishing just before their home room teacher showed up. "...no problem" he quietly said. Christina couldn't wait until she got home. She itched to play with the device again. Even though her mind was on that, she noticed Miguel was oddly quiet. They were sitting together at lunch and Christina had to ask why he was so quiet. "Is something wrong?" she asked. "You have a boyfriend?" he asked. "Haha, no I don't. Why are you asking?" she replied. Miguel was silent and looked dead into her eyes. She began to realize what was wrong. He was fine until she called him a friend. "Do you like me?" she quietly asked. Miguel blushed and nodded. She had never thought of him that way. Truthfully, she did like him as more of a friend but being a young kid had trouble expressing such feelings. It was weird between them for the rest of the day. They had some classes together but when they looked at each other they quickly looked the other way. Things got tense as they walked home.

 

As they walked side by side on the way home, Miguel stopped in his tracks. Christina turned to look at him wondering why he stopped. She was surprised to see him crying. "Miguel?" she asked. "Please don't stop being my friend!" he yelled. She realize at that moment what she was feeling was really love. It hurt her to see him so sad. The poor boy sobbed standing on the sidewalk. Christina took his hand into hers and squeezed it. The boy stopped crying instantly. He looked at her and saw her smiling. "You'll always be my friend" she said holding his hand as they continued walking. As they neared her apartment she turned to Miguel who was visibly better now. "Want to see something cool?" she asked. Miguel nodded. They entered her apartment and her grandmother was sitting on a chair watching a game show. "Abuela I'm home!" she shouted. "I see you have a guest. What was that about just being friends?" she teased seeing her holding his hand. She blushed and quickly led him to her room.

 

"So what's so cool?" he asked looking around. Her room looked no different since he had been there last. "This" she said pulling the device out of her hiding place. Miguel looked at it. "That's not cool. It's just a keychain thingy. My big brother has one" he said disappointed. "Can it do this?" she said pointing the device at him and hitting the minus button. She shrank Miguel down till he was barely 3 inches tall. The boy was awestruck at her size. He wasn't even taller than her dirty low top sneaker. "Haha! You look so cute so small!" she said bending down snatching him from the ground. He was getting scared now. Her sweaty hand engulfed his entire body. Christina felt excitement holding her shrunken friend. She couldn't help stroking his face with her finger. She saw that he was scared though and gently placed him on her bed. "So what do you think?" she asked. "It's...cool" he nervously said. "You're not afraid of me are you?" she asked hurt. Miguel felt bad. He was worried she might hurt him or worse and totally forgot how much she cared about him. "No, just be careful with me. Wait you can change me back right?" he asked. Christina quickly nodded and shot him once again. In just a few seconds he was back to his old size.

 

"Okay that's officially cool. Can I see it?" he said.  Christina handed it to him. Miguel smiled and shot her. She shrank down to just two inches. Miguel picked her up and held her close to his face. Christina got worried at how he was looking at her. "This is so much fun! See why I was worried" he said. Christina nodded nervously. She realized as he talked how easily she could fit in his mouth. She gulped at the thought he could eat her. Miguel stopped smiling seeing her about to cry. "Whoa sorry! It's just so cool to have you in my hand like this! I'd never hurt you okay? I...love ya" he stuttered. She felt his hand shaking. He was scared in his own way. Christina stopped being afraid. Hearing him finally say that magic word made her feel warm and fuzzy. The same word her mom and grandmother used all the time carried a different feeling with it when he said it. Miguel put her down and enlarged her back to normal.

 

"What should we do first for fun?" he asked. "I know!" she said pulling out the pink Corvette. “Alright zap me!” she said. Miguel shot her with the device and she shrank down to 5 ½ inches. She ran to the car and hopped in. She loved this. The car was like normal to her and she fit behind the steering wheel like she was the driver. “So now what?” Miguel asked. “You drive me dummy!” she said. Miguel pushed the car around and Christina told him to make driving noises. Both of them was laughing as Miguel made vroom and zooming noises while she steered the car. They had so much fun they lost track of time. “Nina! Miguel’s mamì says it’s time to go home!” her grandmother yelled. Christina hopped out of the car and had him enlarge her back to normal. “Wanna play again tomorrow?” she asked. “You bet!” Miguel said happily. Later that night, Christina thought about how nice it felt to have Miguel in her hand. She wanted to that again. “Can’t wait to do that again” she said to herself in bed.

 

After school Wednesday, Christina played over at Miguel’s house. It was his turn to pick a game. Miguel chose one similar to the one they played yesterday. Miguel had a prized RC Mustang that he raced in the house much to the chagrin of his mother and little brother. Miguel told her to shrink him down so he could ride in the convertible. Christina shrank him down to just 4 inches. She hesitated when she picked him up off the bed. She loved having him in her hand. It was so cute to her. She couldn’t help but love him a little and feel slightly protective of him…like a pet. “Christina?” he asked wondering why she was taking so long and looking at him so funny. “Sorry” she said putting him into the car. Miguel told her how to use the remote and off he went. After a few crashes, she got the hang of it.  The batteries began to die after an hour had passed and she was about to carry him and the car back to his room until his 4 year old brother popped up. “Wanna play!” he said chasing the car. Miguel forbade the boy from playing with it fearing he might break the toy but that wasn’t what scared Miguel now. His brother was rough with toys true but he feared what may happen if his brother caught him while at that size. He might crush the boy accidentally.

 

“Oh crap!” Christina said seeing the boy running for the car. Christina pressed the lever accelerating the car just as the boy reached it. The little boy missed it by inches. The mustang flew down the hall and Christina turned it toward his room. The car sputtered to a stop; its batteries bone dry. The little boy was still coming however. “make me big again before he comes in!” he yelled. Christina picked him up and quickly grabbed the device. She sat him down on the floor and had her back to the door. Unfortunately, when Miguel’s brother opened the door it hit her and her finger slipped. The beam hit him but it didn’t make him bigger. He shrank. Christina looked at her hand and saw her thumb resting over the minus button. She was scared shitless. She knew he wasn’t dead but very small now.

 

“I’m not bigger! I’m smaller!” Miguel yelled. Miguel was the size of an ant now. His room was the size of Yankee Stadium now. Miguel glanced up at Christina. She was like a goddess now. Her stature alone was too much for him to see. He craned his neck but could only see her chin and nose. Then the earthshaking booms behind him. He turned to see two utterly massive bare feet slamming toward him. He traced them upwards and saw it was his baby brother Raf. Even his 4 year old brother was a colossus to him. Miguel began to back away from the giant feet coming toward him. It was no use though. As fast as he ran, those feet were way faster. “No Raf stop! Don’t squish me! NOOOO!” he screamed as the giant bare foot came crashing down on him.

 

Miguel expected to be in heaven. He expected to be in pain at least. Neither he was experiencing but he did smell something bad. Miguel opened his eyes and two massive pinkish brown walls surrounded him. It took him a second to realize what happened. In a freakish chance of luck his baby brother planted his foot in a way that his big and second toe came down around the boy. He missed becoming a stain under the boy’s foot by a quarter inch. Christina was frozen in shock. He was standing where Miguel was. “Don’t tell brother” he said picking up the car and leaving. Christina slumped to the floor in tears. She was crying. Miguel jumped up and down trying to get her attention. Christina was staring and crying at the place where he was and saw something moving. “M-Miguel?” she stammered. She bent down very close to where she saw movement. She saw him…barely.

 

Christina grabbed the device and shot him. She watched him grow and grow until he was her size again. Before he said anything she hugged him tightly. Christina hugged him and cried not wanting to let go. Miguel was surprised. She never hugged him like this before but he wasn’t complaining. He returned the hug. “I’m okay” Miguel said trying to get her to stop crying. “Let’s play at my hose from now on” she said sniffling. The two played video games for the rest of the time together. They had their fill of size games that day.

 

On Thursday, they decided to try something different. Miguel was at Christina’s and they brought with them junk food. They tried enlarging a Dorito and chowed down on a chip the size of a roof shingle. Next they shrank down and ate a cookie as big as they were till they got full. “So what next *burp*” Miguel said patting his stomach. “I want to be a princess!” Christina yelled. “How do you play that?” Miguel asked. “My servant does what the princess asks” she said. “You want me to be a servant!?” he said. “Yep! Pretty please?” she said. Miguel hated when she did that. They was she asked and that look she gave. “Oh alright” he said. “Yea!” she said aiming the device at him. She shrank him down to two inches. “So what do you want me to do?” he asked. Christina kicked off her sandals. And dropped a bottle of nail polish in front of him. “Paint my nails” she said taking the brush out of the bottle. “Aw come on!” he said. “Come on Miguel you said you would!” she pouted. “I don’t want to touch your stinky feet!” he yelled. “They don’t stink see?” she said placing her bare sole over him.

 

She felt him under it and even rolled him around a little. Now in her defense, her feet probably didn’t smell at her size but at someone’s Miguel’s size which smells are magnified, they were probably bad. She raised her foot off of him and Miguel wasn’t happy. Miguel pouted and turned his back on her. “You mad at me?” she asked. Miguel just glanced at her. “That was mean of me. I’m sorry Miguel” she said poking him with her big toe. “You really sorry?” he asked. “Yes very sorry” she said. Miguel walked back to her foot and to her amazement, used the brush to paint her toenails. Poor Miguel was twisted around her finger. When that was done, Christina enlarged him and asked what he wanted to do. “Well…there is one thing” he said blushing. “I sometimes watch old monster movies and wondered what it be like to eat someone” he said nervously. “You want to eat me!” she yelled. “NO! I wondered what it be like to have someone in your mouth” he stammered. Christina thought for a second. She still felt bad about what she did and felt like she owed him. “Okay you promise you won’t eat me?” she asked. Miguel nodded. “Okay” she said. Miguel picked up the device and pointed it at her. He shrank her down to just an inch and gently picked her up.

 

“Please promise you won’t eat me!” she said. “pinky promise” he whispered. Miguel opened his mouth and dropped her inside. Christina was scared and excited at the same time. Her bare feet were being tickled by his taste buds on his tongue. Miguel was surprised that he could actually taste her. She tasted…sweet. Miguel couldn’t help but blush thinking the girl he liked was inside his mouth. Christina noticed his mouth watering. Just then a sound of breaking galls was heard in the house. “Damn!” Christina’s grandmother yelled dropping a glass. The noise startled him enough that he jerked his head. The sudden movement made Christina fall backward and lodge in his throat. His swallow reflex took over and down she went. He felt her slide down his throat and with a plop landed in his stomach. Christina screamed as she fell in. “You promised! YOU PROMISED!” she was crying. Miguel was freaking the fuck out. He just ate the girl he loved. They were both lucky he knew a trick to save her life.

 

Miguel learned how to puke from a friend in school to fake illness. Miguel jammed his finger into his mouth a poked the back of his throat. It took a few tries but his gag reflex kicked in. Christina felt the acidic floor heave upward and she was propelled up his throat and out his mouth. Miguel saw her lying in a pool of vomit and quickly enlarged her. “You said you wouldn’t swallow stupid!” she said coughing and wiping his puke out of her eyes. She saw something she’d never forget. Miguel was staring at her with wide eyes. Tears streaming from his face and his lip quivering. He was saying anything due to shock. As much as she was pissed and upset it was nothing compared to what he was feeling. Miguel ran out of her room and left her apartment. “Miguel…” she whispered. “What’s going on nina? What happened to you?!” her grandmother asked. “He got sick and threw up on me” she said.

 

That Friday, she saw him walking alone. “Miguel! About yesterday-“she was saying to him until he ran away from her. She hung her head. Even being 7 years old, she understood some of what he was feeling. After all she felt something similar when he almost became toejam. Christina had the device with her that day. For some reason she felt better having it around her. She felt…strong. During the day she tried to talk to him but got the cold shoulder. She finally had it just as they were leaving school. “Will you say something?!” she yelled tugging on his shoulder. He turned around tears in his eyes. “I...I ate you. I promised I wouldn’t. You almost died! YOU ALMOST DIED!” he sobbed. Christina hugged him. “It was an accident. You didn’t do it on purpose. I know you love me Miguel and wouldn’t hurt me. I love you too” she said in his ear. Miguel hugged her close. Their eyes met and they leaned in for a kiss.

 

“Look at the lovebirds!” one older boy said. “Stay away from her amigo. You might get cooties” another boy said. “I heard dad say you mom is a stripper! Haha! You mommy dances naked!” the boy said taunting. Miguel saw Christina about to cry. “Do you have it with you?” he asked her. “Yeah” she said sniffling. “Give it here” he said. Christina gave him the device. “What’s that? You gonna use you sissy panic alarm?” the boy asked. Miguel gritted his teeth and fired at the two 9 year olds. Each beam struck them long enough to shrink them to 2 inches tall. They were astonished to see Miguel and Christina towering over them. “Miguel what are you doing?” Christina asked. Miguel hovered his Nike sneaker over them ready to extinguish their young lives. “No please!” one boy shouted. “I hate bullies and I hate bullies who pick on my girlfriend” he said lowering his foot on them. The rubber sole pushed them down into the concrete. Miguel could faintly feel them struggling underneath it. Miguel was ready to finish the job until he felt a hand on his shoulder. “Don’t do it’ she told him. Miguel looked at her and then looked down. He raised his sneaker off of them and restored them to normal. “Next time you bully someone I’ll shrink you down and eat you!” he yelled at them. The two boys took off running.

 

Christina brought him to her house and they played like they did earlier that week. They were more cautions of what they were doing but they found themselves liking to hold the other in each other’s hand. Miguel loved petting and tickling her and Christina loved cuddling him. Christina laid in bed looking out the window. A bright star twinkled in the night sky. She made a wish in it. “Please let stay like this forever” she wished.

 

It was Saturday and they were playing in her room. They wondered how much they could shrink or grow. Miguel noted that it usually didn’t end well for the giant monster so they counted that idea out. Christina stood very still and fired the device at Miguel. He shrank down till he disappeared. Christina aimed at herself and fired. She kept shrinking down till she finally saw him. They were around 1 mm in size. Smaller than an ant. They were so small the dust in the air glistened like snowflakes. After that tried they grew some. They grew to about a quarter inch. This way it was easier to walk on the carpet. Then they felt booms. “Guys its lunchtime! What’s that on TV? Is that LA?” Christina’s mom said. Her mom opened the door so fast the gust of wind knocked them backwards under her bed. They weren’t far enough to lose the tiny device though. To their horror, they saw her mother’s bare foot come down right on it. “NOOOO!” they yelled. When her mother left they ran to the device.  It took them a minute or two to get to it but they saw that is was mostly intact. The soft carpet and her soft sole lessen the damage.

 

Their joy was short lived when her mother came back. “Kids! Where are you? You better not be hiding!?” she said storming into the room. Her feet were so close to them they could smell them. “Christina turned to run but her foot got snagged in a carpet fiber and fell. “Run Miguel!” she yelled. Miguel tugged on the fiber holding her. “Just run!” she screamed. “NO!” he yelled. With all the strength he had he ripped the fiber in two. They scrambled away and jumped just as her mother’s giant left sole came crashing down. It missed them by one inch. As her mother stomped off to look again, they hurriedly grew themselves back to normal size. Just as the device finished its task it fizzled and in a puff of smoke disappeared. “It’s gone” she said. “It’s okay. I’m glad you’re okay” Miguel said. Christina blushed and kissed her boyfriend on the cheek.

 

In Earth orbit…

 

“So your test is over and they failed miserably” Tanik said. “I wouldn’t say that” Zarax said. “How can you possibly say that?! You saw what that adult human male did! He was a monster and the adult female was no better. How many did she kill anyway!?” Tanik yelled. “Yes they were…irresponsible…but the child was different. She showed promise as well as the boy. He was ready to sacrifice himself and possibly the device to save her” Zarax said. “Than what will you report?” Tanik asked. “I will say the test was…inconclusive. Humans have a long way to go still but I see now that their greatest potential lies in their children”… Zarax said setting course for home.

 

They say that our children are our future. If so then maybe it is better to think like a child sometimes. At least consider this. If you find something strange, look into the sky and see if a bright start is twinkling overhead. If so be on you best behavior. You never know who may be watching. This has been another episode of “The Size Zone”

Chapter End Notes:

In the next episode of "The Size Zone" we meet a man who is a pilot but not a pilot of any craft or vehicle you would be familiar with. Learn what kind of pilot he is in the next episode "W.M.D."