- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Interactive story if possible

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first attempt ever to write anything amounting to a story.  I will eventually have over 100 chapters when I am finished but for now just started.  Please be patient as I slowly get this story attended too.  Feedback is welcome as well as any ideas and any grammer or spelling issues you may find.  Thank you.

Introduction 

 

When you wish to travel to a new reality there are a few preventive requirements to do so to ensure a safe, secure, and full integration into that world.  Above all else, the world to which you go must never know from whence you came.  This is in order to prevent cultural contamination and allow that civilization to progress in its natural development.  The knowledge of that realms rules as well as strict adherence to them is paramount while you are there.

 

The reality to which you choose to become a part of is known as the Titan Realm.  A reality composed of regular sized people proportionate in population to tiny four-inch tall people.  Research into that world’s history has found that in order to deter global warming, prevent over-population, and alleviate the strain on natural resources over half the population of the entire planet was reduced in size.  Unparalleled peace, prosperity, and abundance resulted as a direct result of this massive undertaking.  Societies flourish now in that dimension under strict guidelines on how the two size different people interact with each other.

 

The role of your choice in this reality you portray cannot be un-chosen.  Decisions made by you will directly affect you in addition to how the realm interacts with you like any other world.  In essence, your fate is of your own doing.  You have been warned.

 

Prolog 

 

Arriving at the Reality Life Modulation Facility, or as better known to the public at large simply as REALM, to go on an excursion into another world you toil over which one from the brochure you'd like to visit.  This will be your first trip off world.  Many of your friends and family have already taken numerous explorations with amazing stories to accompany each one.

 

With the accidental discovery of interdimensional travel many centuries ago by Professor Mallory it has become sort of an everyday normality for people of your world to cloak-travel, which is to assume the physical identity of someone of another reality without their consent or knowledge, into other worlds in order to experience their universe.  This form of possession travel gives the visitor complete immersion without the risk of any harm coming to them or your world.  Regardless of anything you do as someone else they will think anything you do is of their choice thus eliminating any cultural contamination or retaliation as in the early days of inter-world travel wars with the Kromags.

 

"Have you picked one you want to visit yet?" came a voice standing over you.

 

Looking up you saw a young girl no older than twelve smiling down sweetly at you.  She, of course, was attired in the official REALM uniform.  Knee high glossy black boots, the heel of which clicked loudly against the ground, short mini-skirt that revealed a bit too much of her hot pink panties whenever she would bend any which way, an open top dark blue blouse to match her skirt with white ascot wrapped loosely around her neck, and finally a French cap dawning her perfectly braided ponytail.  She looked more like a naughty girl scout than an official receptionist at REALM.

 

"Oh... uh... no.  Not yet anyways.  There are so many to choose from but I'm not sure any of them are what I want miss...?" you confess to her as you squint to read her small nametag hanging loosely under her perky left breast.

 

She blushes seeing you try not to ogle her low cleavage and points to her nametag, "I'm Melody.  I will be like your tour guide to other zones.  My job is to help you select one that will most suit your desired needs as well to monitor your safety while you are there to ensure a secure and pleasure stay for you.  Also, if need be, extract you in case of any emergency should they arise."

 

"Emergencies?" you ask nervously, "What do you mean?"

 

"Like in the event that your character dies we can totally retrieve you unharmed and place you into another one of your choice." Melody replies nonchalantly.

 

"Oh ok.  I guess that's good."

 

"Seriously only like one out of a thousand a month do we ever need to go rescue anyone.  For the most part zone hoping is more realizable than weather reports, safer than flying, and much more fun too right?  So you have nothing to worry about.  And besides, you have me looking out for you."

 

Even though her smile gleams of confidence you don't feel all too reassured about the prospect of having your life in her twirling hair hands.  Little did you know now how true your concerns would prove to be so well founded.

 

"Would you like me to help you select a zone to visit?" Melody ask you sweetly while taking a seat next to you.

 

"Zone?"

 

"Oh!" She exclaims, "It's what we REALMer's here call it to travel to other worlds.  I think it's catchy don't you?"

 

"Huh... yeah, I guess it is." you answer.

 

You turn your attention back to the brochure momentarily.  So many possibilities but at the same time they all have been done before by lots of people.  You heard stories of each one in fact from everyone you know.  You're afraid any trip you make to any of them would only be repeating what they've already done.  No.  You wanted something different.  Something unexplored that will top anyone's stories.

 

You place the pamphlet down beside you, turn to face Melody as you lean in close to whisper in her ear, "Do you have any zone off the books or possibly untested yet?"

 

Shocked, Melody hurriedly hushes you, "Shhh!!  You can't be saying that!  I'll get in so much trouble."

 

"Ah ha!" you excitedly whisper. "I knew it!  You do!  Tell me what it is!"

 

Melody stammers as she struggles to answer, "I ... wha...that is not... well... I can't... no... No!"

 

"Come on!" you prod her, "I need to go someplace nobody has ever been and do something so unorthodox and awesome that everyone will be jealous."

 

Melody visibly seems to internally quarrel with herself after hearing your pleas.  Being of two minds of whether or not to help you is not what she figured would happen when she came up to be your zone guide.  She understands how you feel as she herself knows what it’s like to go someplace amazing just to hear someone else had already done it or worse been someplace even more incredible.

 

Melody does indeed know of a recently discovered realm not yet made known to the public.  One of her friends works as the secretary to Mr. Collins, one of the big bosses of REALM and she told her one heck of a story of that realm.  Melody figures that that would be the perfect place for you to go.  The only problem is it is considered way too extreme even for the most experienced zone hoppers not to mention for anyone who has yet to go to any zones for the very first time.

 

Only three of REALMs finest expedition team members have ever gone into that zone they dubbed the "Titan Realm."  The first explorer was declared missing after having lost contact with her.  The second chose to stay after severing his dimensional re-integrator effectively sabotaging any chance for the REALM retrieval team to bring him back.  The last girl sent in to locate them came back suffering extreme traumatic mental torture after only a few hours there.

 

After her extensive recovery the report she gave of her experience there and the unique nature of the social structuring they have sent waves of unparalleled fear throughout the high REALM administration.  Whatever was in that report that made them all wet themselves caused them to immediately seal off Titan Realm with any further exploration of it strictly forbidden.  No explanation was given as to why but the coordinates to that dimension have been blocked from all Zone Transporters.

 

Yet, as Melody has found out from her fellow REALMers, access to any zone is possible if you know the right hack to do.  However, if you're caught anyone you sent to a locked out zone would be stuck there permanently in addition to you being fired.  So there is no incentive to breaking the rules for either party.

 

Melody loved her job.  She loved doing it as much as seeing the joy it brought to others after they came back from another world.  She certainly didn't want to get anyone stuck somewhere or have herself fired.  Sure the job didn't pay all too well but she needed it since it was all she could do to support her financially strapped family.  Not many opportunities are open for a girl her age in her world as compared to some of the other's she has read about.

 

That's when the idea struck her like a bolt of lightning.  She wondered how much you'd be willing to pay to her for the most exotic vacation anyone has ever known.  Melody saw the look in your eyes and knew you were desperate enough to pay anything.  She figured if she was careful she'd never get caught and make a lot of money.  Even if she was caught nobody would ever suspect a little girl could be so devious as to not only work the zone machines or be extorting money from customers.  Heck if worse comes to worse she knew she could always leave you there and delete any record of your travel.

 

You notice her smile turn into a wickedly devious grin.  An uneasy feeling came over you at the sight of her horrific smirk and maniacal giggle that followed suit.  The hairs on the back of your neck stood on end.  A cold chill crept itself up your spine.  Your heart beat faster and your lungs felt as if they were inhaling frosty air.  You thought to yourself maybe it wasn't a good idea after all for coming here or being so forthcoming with Melody.

 

"Uh... why are you smiling at me like that?" you nervously ask her.

 

She suddenly grabs your hand, "Shh, come with me!" Melody leads you in a rush past the lobby beyond a set of doors behind the reception desk in the back normally reserved for staff employees.  Ducking behind corners or hiding behind doors to avoid others she takes you in a maze of never-ending corridors.  Most were devoid of any tell-tell sign of anything but the sounds of her heels clicking loudly against the concrete ground.

 

Then you find yourself in the most mind boggling corridor of them all.  Stretching endlessly down past the extent of your vision.  Rows of doors to rooms on either side of you packed tightly together with each no bigger than to fit one person into.  A small lit light above each door with a square panel in the middle of the door.  Obviously both to indicate the room was in use and any info about the person inside.  You marvel at the sheer enormity and scope to which the REALM operates.

 

Another few minutes pass as she tugs you along behind her until at last she took to you a door with an unlit light above it.  "Ok we're here.  It'll take me a minute to get the transporter warmed up and ready.  I think you will love the zone I have in mind.  It's new and not even on the market yet.  But it's just... it's not exactly legal for you to go there right now."

 

"Whoa!" you say taking a step back backwards, "What do you mean it's illegal?  I'm not..."

 

Melody interrupts, "Hey no sweat!  I do this all the time for my more "special' customers."

 

"If you say so."

 

"Don't worry."  She winks at you.  You take it as it being alright she's doing this so you relax a bit.  Melody on the other hand knows she's lying to you.

 

"But...there's a small catch for me doing this for you."

 

You fold your arms on your chest, "Oh I see. What kind of a catch?"

 

"Well it's not easy doing this without getting caught you know.  Not only have I got to keep it hidden from security I gotta keep an eye on you and doing that with my normal duties is such a lot of work."

 

"Here I was thinking you're a sweet little girl." you rhetorically mock.

 

"A girls gotta have fun right?  And I can't do that on an empty purse." she says totally playing it up.

 

You think it over for a minute while she bats her pretty eyes at you.  Normally you won't be taken in by such foolishness.  However, this is not any run-of-the mill situation.  This young girl was about to make your dreams come true.  Of being in a world nobody has ever known about before.  Plus, add in the thrill of it being restricted.

 

"Alright fine!  Here." you hand Melody your Digi card, "Charge whatever you like on it.  Just don't get us caught or forget about me being in there."

 

She quickly grabs your card. "Thank you very much!  Hee hee!"  Her ear to ear smile makes you smile too.  

 

"So what is this new realm like anyway?  What makes it so... mysterious?"

 

"It's called Titan Realm." Melody responds as the as the panel on the door bings on, "That's all I know.  But you can choose one of five options there on the screen.  Each option brings you to a sub-option with further details upon what type of person you want to be along with the option to go back to choose someone else until you find the one you want to be.  Whoever you choose to be, you will be taking their identity and anything you do as them they will think they are making those choices themselves."

 

"That's so cool!"

 

"I know right?" Melody whole-heartedly agrees.  "You can do whatever you want and let them deal with it when you leave." 

 

"So awesome!  Ok soo... how do I get back when I’m ready to leave?"

 

"Just simply say out loud 'Eject Me Out' and you are transferred back here.  It's not a very common thing to say so you won't accidentally say it yet fast enough to say in case things get too hairy in there."

 

"Ok I think I got it.  Thank you." you confirm back as you turn to look over the panel.

 

"Good.  Now, I normally wait to make sure you transfer safely but I gotta go do my rounds.  Hope you understand.  Don't want to get any attention on us right?" she asks of you noticing your attention already weaning off of her.

 

"Oh... yeah... sure.  Go ahead.  I'll be fine." waving her off.

 

Smiling she starts backing away, "Ok bye.  Have fun!"

 

"Ha ha.  I’m sure I will.  See you."

 

Melody turns and leaves.  Soon as she is around the corner she peeks her head around one last time in your direction.  Sure enough, you were busy browsing the options before you.  Placing your card in her purse Melody revels in the fact you are blissfully unaware of the danger you are putting yourself in or in what she has done to the program to make sure she is never caught.  She almost feels guilty for what she has done but the prospect of unlimited spending on your dime eases that away.

 

"Sucker." she breathes under her breath before walking back to the lobby.

 

You read the brief description for Titan World and you cannot believe it.  Could it be true?  You re-read it several times with each time making you more and more amazed.  No wonder it hasn't come out to the public yet.  The implications of this world would be far reaching indeed.  Regular sized people living side-by-side with tiny four-inch people in a culturally complex society.  A peaceful, prosperous, and abundant world.  It is almost too good to be true.  You cannot describe how incredibly good this feeling is to go to this world and bring back the story of it to all your jealous friends.

 

Only thing to do now is choose who you want to be...

 

A.  Regular Male 

B.  Miniature Male 

C.  Regular Female 

D.  Miniature Female 

E.  (Readers’ Choice)

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

In reviews please submit which of five options at end of prolog you would like for me to continue from.  The option getting most votes from reviews I will write the continuing story.  Thank you.