- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Chapter 10. Escalation

No matter how long she spent in her stops, it was never long before Kelly met the crowd again. Despite her slow stroll down the avenue, she could already see some people that had dropped from the main group barely three blocks ahead.

Her attention was then grabbed by something else. The loud screeching sound made her look left. A wide smile was drawn in her face as she muttered:

“Interesting”

She stopped and kept her sight fixed onto the source of the noise. After having braked hard, the elevated train was now trying to accelerate again. The rails moved over an intersection about four blocks ahead, a little farther than the scattered people she had been following. She had seen them before but, not being from Hollner, had not realized what they were. Now she knew and she felt incredibly intrigued by what she had found.

The avenue widened in the section where the elevated trained crossed it, creating a small square with a station. The elevated train had stopped short of it, and Kelly’s smiled widened even more when she realized that she was probably the cause. Then, it had started again, ignoring the station and trying to head down the lines as fast as it could.

Kelly pondered what to do. She felt incredibly curious about the train and felt that she should be able to catch up with it if she really wanted. A noise from the right, quite similar in pitch but with lower intensity showed her that there was another train approaching from the opposite direction.

“Is it really that slow? Or is it just how it looks to me?” she thought

With the new incoming train, chasing the departing one suddenly became irrelevant. Kelly’s mind was made up.

From her height she could see the incoming train crawling among the buildings, which in this section of the city were back at waist height. She wondered if they could see her, but judging from the fact that the train was apparently not reacting in any way, it did not seem like that. She would not need to rush in order to intercept it, so she just kept advancing slowly, letting the people in front of her clear the couple of blocks between her and the station before she reached it.

There were screams at her feet when she finally got next to the tracks. They did not come from people on the road, though, since it had been cleared a block before she arrived. She realized that they were coming from the small station. With the previous train having left without stopping, several people that had hoped to get on it to flee from her were now trapped. A few were now scurrying through the stairs and into the avenue, dangerously close to her toes. She giggled as she saw them. She pondered whether to pay them a little bit more attention, but the sound of the approaching train made her focus.

With a graceful movement of her left leg, Kelly proceeded to straddle the tracks and turned to face the incoming train. God, it was slow! Her hands were on her hips, in a commanding pose, as she waited for it to get closer.

The sudden screeching told her that she had been seen. Her smile widened as she saw the train slowing down and realized that it was going to be at her complete mercy. Then the driver apparently changed his mind and the train started accelerating once more. Was it trying to get UNDER her? Really?

Well, with its speed it was really up to Kelly to decide how to stop it. Not too happy about having been somehow challenged, she did not feel like choosing the gentle option. Without saying anything, she just lifted her right foot from the road and placed it over the tracks, perpendicular to them. Kelly made a show of resting her foot, which was clearly longer than the tracks were wide, on the elevated platform. For a second, the structure held. Then, it started groaning. She could see the train was braking again. Happy with it, Kelly just stepped down, a full section of the tracks collapsing between two sets of columns.

Widening her stance once more, she looked down and waited for the elevated train to stop. God, its sluggishness was pathetic! Kelly could not believe it as she saw the train unsuccessfully trying to brake as it got inevitably closer to the spot where her foot had made short work of the tracks. The odds were 50/50 for the first train car to fall down to the road below. Finally, Kelly could not keep still any longer, crouched down and reached out, effectively stopping the train. It had felt so easy that it seemed impossible that the brakes had not been able to do the job.

Still crouched, Kelly heard the distorted screams coming from inside the train and smiled. She felt powerful. And why shouldn’t she? In the end, she had just stopped a train with one hand, right? Drunk on the feeling, she decided she wanted to have a closer look. Closing her hand around the front of the train, she pulled.

There was some resistance, at first. She realized that the train was attached to the tracks. She just pulled harder and was soon rewarded by the groans that indicated that the metallic coupling was no match for her strength. She could swear that the screams from inside intensified as she kept ripping the front car from the rails. Soon, it was tilted about 45 degrees as she proceeded to pull harder until she felt the second car also breaking free.

The loose coupling between the front and second cars proved to be a new and harder challenge, though. She realized that it would be too weak to hold if she just kept on pulling. Changing her mind, she repositioned her feet and grabbed the second car with her free left hand. And then she just pulled in separate directions. With a deafening groan and a few sparks, the two cars were ripped apart. Kelly chuckled, realizing that she had just broken a steel link with her bare hands.

“Is this just the size or is this something else?” she thought

Not having an answer, she just let the second car drop back to the tracks and focused on the train car in her hands. Happy with it, she straightened again and brought it to her face.

 

 

What had started like a normal day had quickly become a nightmare for Melinda. She had been reading on her tablet while commuting to her job when suddenly all hell had broken loose. It had taken a while for her to understand what was going on. A few people in her train car started screaming. Most were glued to the windows. She could not see what was going on.

Suddenly, the train braked hard. The elevated train was not precisely a bullet train, but even at the slow speed they had been moving, the slamming of the brakes had been hard enough to make her drop her tablet. She was trying to look for it when the train accelerated again and made her lose her footing.

She was on all fours, trying to stand up as people around her moved in a frenzy as screams intensified. Someone she did not see pulled her and helped her up. He had probably saved her from being trampled.

“She’s enormous!” somebody screamed

Who the hell was ‘she’? Melinda wondered

The train started to brake again and then, suddenly, through the window, Melinda saw something that made no sense. It looked like a foot… but it was completely out of proportion. It was gigantic! Suddenly, the toes flexed and brought an image of life into the foot. Melinda realized that this meant its owner was moving, probably crouching.

Everything went to a halt suddenly, as if the train had hit a wall. Melinda, and everyone around her, was thrown off her feet. She was trying to regain her footing when the walls of the train car groaned and suddenly the world tilted.

She held to a pole to prevent rolling downwards. What the hell was going on?

The train tilted more and more as a force she could not understand was playing with the world around her. Then, suddenly, the unbearable sound of metal tearing made her release the pole and bring her hands to her ears as she rolled down the 45 degrees slope and into a pile of bodies of people that had made the same trip barely a few seconds before.

They were pulled up, with a force that almost made her feel weightless for a second. And then, the world stabilized. Melinda stumbled to stand up. She felt sick and had to hold with all her strength to an empty seat. When she thought she was finally strong enough to keep her balance, she looked towards the windows and screamed like a mad woman as she saw two enormous hazel eyes fixed on her through them.

Their glass rattled as a powerful voice echoed all along the train car.

“Hi there, ginger”

Melinda needed a second to process that the thundering voice was actually addressing her. She looked around to make sure there were no other redheads around. Then, she screamed as hard as she could.

 

 

This was already the best day of Kelly’s life. And it still was only mid-morning. She felt powerful, liberated, euphoric. Suddenly, the rest of her life seemed like a boring prelude for that particular moment.

She wondered how she had    been able to disregard this feeling of superiority and the bliss it brought during her previous experience as a giant. She had been damned stupid. It was of no use to think about that, now, thought. Not when the option had presented to her again, bigger than ever before.

She looked into the foot-long train car she had rested in her left palm and focused on seizing the moment. People inside it were trying to recover from the rough ride. There had to be a couple dozen of them.

She moaned lightly; the idea of holding so many lives in her hand was incredibly exciting.

“Suddenly the world is my playground” Kelly thought, excited.

Her most readily available toy was the train in her hand. Looking through the windows she spied a little woman with bright red head trying to stand up. She addressed her.

Kelly giggled as the little woman started screaming like crazy. She had realized she was talking to her. She could not prevent a laugh when the woman started running to the far side of the train.

“Really?” Kelly asked aloud in a mocking tone.

Then, she started to slowly tilt the car until the redhead had to stop and grab a seat in order not to roll back. Kelly loved every second of the game.

“Look, I realize this situation must be scary for you, but you there’s no need to be so stupid” she said as she steadied the train car again.

The woman proved her wrong when she just lied down on the floor and rolled under a seat, as if this would help her hide from Kelly’s inquisitive eyes.

“Ok” Kelly said. “As you want”

Of course, she wasn’t going to let the little redhead get her way. Since when did toys do what they wanted?

Kelly tightened her grip on the train car as she moved her free hand to the top. Placing the fingernail of her index finger on its roof, she pushed. After everything she had accomplished since she had grown through the hotel, she thought that piercing the roof of a train should be easy. It was. The roof first caved and then ripped and soon her finger was inside. Pulling up, she soon had a grip on the metal and started to rip the train open as if it were a can of sardines. She did not stop until the entire interior was visible. She smiled naughtily at the very afraid people inside.

She focused on the task at hand, though. Quickly locating the seat she was looking for, she ripped it from the floor and tossed it over her shoulder. All that remained in that section of the train was a screaming redhead looking at her. Kelly did not waste any time to reach inside the train again and pluck her out of it.

Letting her dangle in front of her face as she lowered the train in front of her flat stomach, Kelly smirked at the tiny woman and asked:

“Did you really think you would be able to hide from me?”

The tiny woman kept on screaming. Kelly did not care as she just added:

“Well, think twice”

Looking around, she soon found a building that would fit her purposes. Taking three steps until she was next to it, she carefully placed the now topless train on its roof, which was level with her belly button. Looking down at its passengers, she said in a serious tone:

“I’m not done with you. Don’t even think on trying to get out at this stop!”

She was not too worried about them trying to do anything stupid. After all, if anyone was foolish enough to try to get out of the train car, there wouldn’t be too much he would be able to do to get out of the roof.

Focusing back on the woman at her fingers, she smirked at her again and then she carefully dropped her in her waiting palm.

“You are not bad looking” Kelly observed. The truth was that the redhead was quite young and quite pretty.

Kelly did not know if it was caused by her words or by her new position, in her open palm, but the woman had stopped screaming and while still visibly scared, seemed just a little big calmer.

 

 

The giant woman’s face filled most of her field of vision. Her window-sized eyes were locked on her, their expression curious.

Melinda was trying to grasp her immensity. It wasn’t easy. She was now lying in the soft and warm surface of what she knew was her palm. A palm that was so massive that all its edges were far away from her. She could feel her breath and she would have sworn that she could feel her heartbeat through her skin, as well. And, in some unknown way, she could feel her power.

The woman that was holding her was both young and beautiful. Melinda, who was 25, did not think she would be older than her. Her face was half childish half luscious, with deep eyes and thick lips. And her expression was definitely happy.

Her lips parted and then, a thundering but still feminine voice address her:

“I’m glad that you have calmed down”

Melinda did not reply, but was surprised by the somewhat gentle words from her captor. Her expression must have given some of that away, since the giantess’ smile widened as she said:

“I do not have any intention of hurting you”

Melinda remembered the strength of the woman’s fingers as they pressed on her, when she was removed from the car. There was no doubt that she would be able to hurt her, if she wanted. She was still afraid, but she was beginning to feel curious as well. Finally, she risked saying something.

“Who are you?” she asked

She could see the giant woman had actually liked that. Her smiled widened a little more.

“My name is Kelly. I’m 25 and I’m from a small town called Henford” she said.

“I’m Melinda” she offered. “I’m 25, too”

“Well, nice meeting you Melinda” the giantess said in a cheerful tone. “So, we are the same age, aren’t we?” she went on. Then, her smile became naughty as she added: “I’m a little bit taller than you, though”

Melinda felt the mockery on her tone. She did not like it. But she still felt curious.

“How… how tall…?” she tried to ask

“How tall am I? I don’t know exactly. Fucking tall, I guess. I’d say that about the size of a 25-story building, whatever that means. I guess I’ll have to find out. I’ve only been like this for a short while”

Just then, the giant woman’s attention was taken by something else. She looked into the distance and then muttered a curse. Melinda needed a couple more seconds to realize what had got Kelly’s attention. Then, she heard the sirens in the distance.

The giantess’ eyes locked on her once more, but her expression was significantly more upset. Melinda, who had relaxed considerably, despite the situation, felt the tension inside her growing once more.

“I’m afraid we’ll need to put our little conversation on hold”

“Is it the cops?” Melinda dared to ask

“They seem to be” Kelly said

Melinda did not know what to say, now that the expression of the giant woman that was holding her had darkened considerably.

 “What will you do?” Melinda finally dared to ask

“I guess it’s time for me to show who is in charge here” the giantess finally said in a tone that made Melinda’s blood freeze

 

 

Kelly turned and carefully dropped the tiny woman in her palm in the same roof where she had set the bus.

“We’ll catch up later” she said

She quickly forgot about her, though. She focused on the cops, instead. In the distance there were what seemed to be about a dozen vehicles, between squad cars and vans, coming down the avenue, obviously in her direction.

Of course, it had been too much to expect that her previous dealing with the lonely cop that had “intercepted” her back at the mirror-building would have really set a precedent in her relationship with authority.

Kelly realized that while she had ignored the possibility to be confronted with force, so far, this had to happen sooner or later. No matter what she had told Brandon right after her growth, she had been vaguely conscious all the time that authorities would not fancy the idea of a giant woman roaming freely around the city, doing as she pleased. Sooner or later they had to try something and, judging by the display of vehicles advancing her way, this seemed to be it.

Kelly’s expression got serious. She had had tremendous fun since she had emerged from the hotel, but she realized that she was about to face a defining moment in her new relationship with the world. She loved her new size and the possibilities it offered and she felt better than she had ever felt before. She was damn sure that this time she was going to stay like this and that she was going to make the most of it. She also knew that the little people wouldn’t like it. And the proof of that was advancing down the avenue, with noisy sirens blaring.

“I need to show them that I’m in charge. There can be no doubt here. They need to understand that they cannot do anything to help that” Kelly thought. Kelly knew that the way she handled this situation that now presented to her would determine much of what would happen later. In her mind, the ideal scenario was that the little people came to accept her new status and their new role. If she could achieve that, then things would be much easier from then onwards and she would be able to focus on just enjoying her size.

She knew she had to show her power. But, on the other hand, she knew that she also had to show some restraint. To start with, she was not interested in hurting people just for the pleasure of it. And moreover, she felt that the people would have an easier time accepting her as some sort of ruler if she did not act like a mindless monster.

She would need to get the right balance. She still did not know how she would do it, but she wasn’t too worried.

Turning towards the approaching cops, she took a first step in their direction. She was going to have the initiative on this one, she thought. Fixing her stare on the advancing vehicles, she smiled and started walking down the street in a sexy swagger.