- Text Size +
The wide arch of the colossal golden gate stretched high into the atmosphere above the mortals as they gazed at its size and beauty in awe. The group proceeded until they finally met the entrance to the gate; the end to their long and tiring voyage. As soon as they met the entrance, it started to open. The officer pulled the chain with a tug, forcing the prisoners out of their sense of opposition to enter, for they are petrified for what lies ahead.
The mortals entered through the titanic gate as is started to close behind them. They walked along the road which was now solid white marble, leading to a building that was the same size as a town house in Borah. The building had one door and there was a sign on the inside of the window that read, "Enter, or meet your fate..."
The officer informed the guards that their duty had been complete and that they should now enter the building if they wanted to get back home. So, without further ado, the officer and the nine guards forced all of the prisoners inside the giant cage beside the small, gold trimmed building. Well, small for a giant or giantess...
The officer locked the lock on the door of the massive cage, and turned around. Then with the guards, entered the safe building. Once they entered there were large tunnels and what seemed to be massive slides leading down each one. Each man observed each sign above each tunnel to find which one led to Borah. The tunnel in the middle of the building had a sign above it that read, "To Borah." The ten men all stepped up to the beginning of the one of the six tunnels to prepare themselves for the slide through the mountain. First, the officer activated a lever by the tunnel where a sign read, "To ready the hatch..." They were just about to all jump down the drop to begin their slide back home when all of a sudden, a loud, sweet, and lustful voice of a woman spoke out of nowhere...
"Ahh... Thank you for your kind service, mortals... You all are well appreciated by your deities... And you all "should" be rewarded... However, little ones... You know the legend has it... Whoever "enters" The Throat of Megalympia... Never returns..."
All of a sudden the men panicked as they heard a loud metal on metal striking sound. All ten men whipped around to see that they had been trapped; isolated from freedom... Many golden bars had pierced the white marble ceiling, placing the men in a imprisoned position with only one way out...
"Mmm... Hahahaha... Oh, if only you had been a little wiser and listened closely to the "rumors" you had heard... Hahaha... You pesky mortals weren't supposed to enter the gate! Haha! For it is enchanted that no one will ever go back through the other way... Even if your tiny, worthless little bodies beat the gate to close... Hahaha... Too bad for your misunderstandings... They costed all of you your fates... Hah! Should have followed directions... Now, proceed through your only exit down the tunnel and meet your deity... Mmm... Hahahaha" The booming and sexually aroused voice faded away as the men were terrified for their lives for what was to come... "What can we do?! What is going to happen?! Why did this trickery have to be?!" All of these questions were racing through the minds of the ten men... All of them panicking trying to find a way out...
"There's no use men... We made our foolish mistake... And now we must pay the punishment to our deities..." Spoke the officer.
"NO! This can't be! We did our duty! Why were we tricked?!"said a guard.
"Our deities want smart minds, mate... Only those who obey correctly are rewarded with a safe trip home and the riches of gold... We were blinded by the greed of our reward and observing the gargantuan Temple of Megalympia... Something no one has laid eyes on before... There was our mistake... greed," replied the officer. The guards stood in silence and lowered their heads in shame. Ten men... And not one had realized what the legend truly beheld.
All ten men stood in sorrow and regret. None of them had anything else to say, for they knew that this was where they would meet their fates... "We must go now," said the officer.
"Are you mad?! I want to live as long as I have left, the deities can come for me!" Said a guard patting his dirty hands against his chest.
"I agree! Curse you divines! You are no deities of mine!" Bellowed another guard, waving a fist in the air.
The officer looked at them in disgust as all of the guards agreed with each other, refusing to follow the officer.
"Fine! Disobey your divine again, and she will not be pleased..." Said the officer as he slowly walked to the edge of the drop. He took a long look down the tunnel as he was ready to meet his fate in the hands of his supreme deity. Without taking any second guesses, the officer of Borah took a long leap; his sweaty gladiator sandals pressing hard against the edge of the landing; his bare feet sliding slightly within them. He soared through the air as he landed on the tube of the tunnel, starting to build up speed as he is sliding faster and faster as his deity awaits...
The tunnel is pitch black dark and massive as he could assume. The velocity the officer was traveling at was immensely intense with his whole body being blown by an incredible force of air from his speed. There were no turns or curves along this tunnel, so it seemed like a one-way trip to the end. The officer noticed a light, a far distance away, but it was there. He was sure. His heart is pounding now. He can feel the torrents of blood inside his veins through his entire body... Nervous for what he would discover... He's sweating like a hog now, more terrified than he has ever been in his entire life... Horrified by the possible fates he could encounter... The light gets brighter, illuminating the tunnel more and more with every foot he travels down... His eyes widen...his heart is pounding harder like a battle drum... the salty sweat has drenched his body... The sweat from his head flows down and burns his eyes... there are butterflies in his stomach and a ball in his throat... The light... It becomes brighter, brighter, brighter... The officer's heart beats harder, harder, harder... He can see the exit, he clearly makes out a tannish color... Now only twenty feet away from the exit of the tunnel which is clearly visible... His body is now completely throbbing and petrified as he makes out what awaits for his arrival; a gigantic open hand...



Chapter End Notes:
Chapter three coming as soon as possible... Stay tuned!