- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Kelly ponders everything that has happened and re-explores her feelings for Jake during the aftermath of the last chapters' events. Written from Kelly's point of view. 

I couldn't help but watch the adorable little man on my hands stand up slowly, looking as if he had been in a valiant battle. Now, maybe he had been hurt in his altercation with Kevin (it sounded pretty violent), but I don't think that's what gave him that big smile on his face as he let himself stretch out in my open hand. I took this opportunity to poke at his cute little body as it lay dormant. He twitched a bit when I poked it but I was hopeful that I hadn't hurt him since he barely made a noise. In fact, he seemed as though he wanted me to.

"So Jake... that was fun for you?" I asked, realizing I was purposely throwing out a silly question. But hey, he had deserved it.

Jake nodded, but still looked worried.

I suppose I should've been worried too... very worried. I was only 4 inches tall, heartbroken and confused. What were we going to do now? No Jake to bail me out this time -- well there was, but he was a little... incapacitated at the moment. It was so surreal though, being in Kevin's room at miniature size and just thinking about everything that happened. I was certain that at one point oranother I would break down and cry and before that happened, I knew we needed to find somebody else to help us -- it was inevitable.

"Kelly..." Jake mumbled, trying to look more serious as he looked up at me. "...that girl..."

"I don't want to talk about her" I snarled. What a bitch.

"...I think I may know her..." Jake said.

"Really?" I asked, surprised. What would a cool guy like Jake be doing knowing a slutty girl like that? I wondered if Kevin even told her he had a girlfriend. Like she would've cared...

"I don't know this for sure, but she looked a LOT like one of Kendra's model friends..." Jake admitted, "I forget her name though, Felicia... Fania... it started with an F I'm pretty sure..."

I hung my head in shame as I thought about it. With each attempt Jake made at the girls name, I could only think of the rumbling above me not too long ago... the fury with which they... ugh. The screaming and noise that I heard would be disgusting at any time but at my size, it was like having a front row to a porno that I wanted nothing to do with. Worst of all, I fit right in, with my skimpy little outfit. It wasn't supposed to be this way... I thought... and before I knew it, small tears were streaming down my eyes. I knelt down, keeping Jake safe in my hand as he gazed back with a look of concern.

"Kelly? Kelly? Are you alright?" he asked.

"No, I'm not alright!" I sputtered, accidentally casting some spit particles at the little man. "I fucked up big time, Jake... and I got you into it too... it wasn't supposed to be this way...I messed up everything"

I felt increasingly embarassed as I slurred my words and sniffled like a big baby in front of little Jake. He knelt down and gently massaged the palm of my hand, trying to make me realize that everything was going to be okay, but was it?
I didn't have any freakin' clue.

"Look... Kel... forget about the girl, okay?" Jake said. That was easy enough. "My point is, somebody may be able to help us... but I don't know if now is the right time..."

"Who can help us, Jake?" I asked, fixating my eyes on him crouched down in my hand. We needed a miracle.

"Well.... you're not going to like this but Kendra had some growth... stuff... that's what made me normal size again" Jake explained.

"Hey, wait a second..." I said, giving him a suspicious stare, "I thought you told me you just grew back again... you said it just wore off somehow..."

"Um well.... it did..." Jake said, looking really guilty right now. I always had a feeling that story had some holes in it. "...after Kendra gave me the growth serum"

I gave him a deadpan stare.

"But my point is, she might have more" Jake exclaimed, his face appearing noticeably more excited than it had just a few moments ago. "And we could both return to normal, Kelly... wouldn't that be great...?"

"Hmmm... yeah" I said, thinking out loud. This seemed too easy, "But what did you mean... when you said this wasn't the best time?"

"Oh... yeah... that" Jake groaned. I looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "We're kind of uh... broken up..."

"Oh..." I sighed, feeling more guilty, "I'm hoping that wasn't because of ... me..."

"No, no Kelly, it's not" Jake said, sounding serious, "but I also don't think that she'd be too happy to see or hear from me right now... considering... everything that just went down"

I took a deep breath and sighed.

"You don't think she'd... hurt us... do you?" I asked. Jake had put some nerves into me with that last remark. Actually, I felt really nervous about the idea of Jake's ex-girlfriend handling us... especially with Jake even smaller than ever. Would anybody even be able to see him besides me?

"I...I don't know..." Jake said, after a long bout of thinking. "but I'm not sure I want to find out"

"Well, we gotta do something" I suggested, "are you sure you don't want to at least give her a call? Explain what happened?"

"I...I don't think it's a good idea" Jake said, flashing me a nervous smile as he paced on my hand.

"You sure? I'd even let you call her from ... down here..." I chuckled softly, lowering Jake between my breasts again.

"I really don't think she'd like that to be honest" Jake chuckled, tickling me slightly as he pressed up against my boobs. "But hey, you could call her.. you still have her number... maybe you could explain everything"

"Hmmm... I don't know about that idea either" I sighed, beginning to get a real headache. This was going to be a pain to figure out. The first step was going to be for both Jake and I to get past our embarassment. We didn't want anyone to know about this but we had come to a point where we truly had no choice. We needed our closest friends more than ever.

That's when it hit me.

"I could call Jess" I said, with a nervous smile.

"Your friend Jess?" Jake asked, his voice a bit hard to hear whenever he plunged below my neckline so I carefully fished him out and placed him back on my hand. "I don't know..."

"We have to tell someone about this, Jake... I don't want to either, but Jess has been my friend since forever... and she still won't leave me alone about what happened the last time I went missing..." I said, "speaking of which, what are your parents going to say about this?"

"More like my sister" Jake replied, "I mean, my step mom loves me and all but my real mom is off somewhere and my dad barely sees me... I told my mom and sister I'd be out late tonight so as far as they know, I'm still with Kendra..."

"Same with my dad and Kevin..." I replied tenatively. "Did you want to call your sister? Maybe she can help us..."

"I want to keep as many people out of this as possible... right now, the only one who knows about all of this besides us is our um... ex lovers... and I think it's safe to say we're both done talking with Kevin, right?"

I nodded, but I wasn't really sure how to take that statement. I didn't want to see or hear from Kevin again but I was also extremely emotional and I realized it. I was also feeling very desperate by the circumstances and wanted to know more about that... stuff that shrunk us. Was it Kevin's plan? Was it just coincidence? Too many questions remained but there was no way I was going to address Kevin so soon after everything he had put me through.

"Also, that perfume..." Jake said, talking very quietly, even for him. "...that could be a key to figuring this out."

"I agree" I said, looking cautiously at the pile of broken glass on the carpet, "but we can't get near it... either of us... it could shrink us further. We need to have it analyzed or something..."

"This is just a guess, and I could be completely wrong but I think the perfume belonged to Felicia... or whatever her name is..." Jake said, appearing deep in thought. "I'm not saying it couldn't have been Kevin's... but I just think, given all of the trouble he's potentially in for owning that other shrink spray, I don't see him owning some kind of proprietary perfume with shrinking abilities..."

That was a curious point. The stuff Kevin had was some kind of untested pharmaceutical. This chemical could very well be the same thing but it was in the guise of a perfume bottle. The more I pondered it, too, the more I realized that it wasn't even a real brand. It was an elegant looking bottle (before it broke) and was a lush gold color on the top but the actual brand was nothing more than a non-sense logo and some frilly colors. I agreed with Jake that Kevin wouldn't take his chances twice on shrinking technology... but then... why would the girl?

"Okay... so... we've learned a couple things then..." I said, "One... it's apparently easier to get this shrinking, growing stuff than I would've thought... and two... we're both incredibly unlucky"

We both chuckled at that.

"I can't say I'm terribly unlucky" Jake said, "I didn't think I'd ever return to normal the first time and I did... and now I've found you again... so really... could be worse"

I blushed a little when Jake said that. Okay, a lot. Maybe it was the moment speaking but I got daring as I held Jake out in front of me, hoping he felt the same.

"Jake?" I said, waiting until he acknowledged me before I kept talking. "Whatever happens... if this works out... and everything's okay... I want you... to be my boyfriend"

Jake turned flush red. I hope I hadn't made things worse.

"I... I think that's great... it's just..." Jake whimpered. I looked at him confused.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"I wanted to be the one to ask you that..." he said, appearing embarassed.

"Oh... well then" I said, smiling. "Sorry if I uh..."

"No, it's fine..." Jake laughed and then got down on one knee like some kind of 'Romeo'. "Will you be my girlfriend, Lillian... I mean, Kelly?"

"Geez, can't even get my name right!" I chuckled, a loud hearty chuckle that most likely startled him. I reassuringly pet him with my index finger. Of course I was just messing with him. Hell, at this point, I kind of preferred the 'fake' name. It had history to it, and couples often called each other pet names.

"So...?" Jake asked, noticeably nervous, "Will you... be mine?"

"Hmmm, I don't know..." I chuckled, narrowing my eyes on Jake. "I mean, no ring or anything... and you're kind of little... yknow? Can't very well take you back to my dad..."

Jake took it like a sport, standing up and shrugging.

"...but of course... of course Jake. I will be your girlfriend" I said proudly, bringing him up to my lips for another quick smooch. "Your giant girlfriend who beats you at sports and has to reach everything for you for the rest of our days."

Jake chuckled.

"Are those supposed to be wedding vows?" Jake chuckled, "don't rush me, Kel"

"Call me Lil" I cooed. The truth is, Kevin used to call me Kel and it still held some venom for me.

I then slid my hand over Jake's tiny body again, loving the way he felt against my skin.

"I don't know, Jake... no offense to you or anything but I just don't see anybody else being into you like this..." I teased, "I mean, some girls like short guys, but this? This is asking a bit much, don't you think? Face it, I'm the best you're going to do"

"You are the best" Jake smiled, kissing my finger.

"I'm just teasing, Jake" I chuckled, "I'm not the best.. far from it, but I'm glad you want to be together... and so do I... I really do know you'd be a great boyfriend because you've already shown me so much about yourself that I like... and we've never even spent any real time together as two normal sized people..."

"Yeah, it's uh... almost like that old proverb..." Jake mused. "...you never really find out the value of a man until he's tiny"

"I don't think that's a thing, but it should be" I chuckled. "You're worth more than your size in gold, hun"

"Same to you, Lil" Jake smiled.

"Okay... but the fact remains, Jake. We do need to do something... I'm going to call my friend, Jess... I figure we could have her pick us up... so to speak. Then from Jess's place we could call Kendra and see what she can do to help us long term..." I explained, noticing Jake's demeanor diminish as I spoke. He was truly afraid of Kendra. "...Jake, I know you're not happy about involving Kendra but so far she's the only one either of us know that seems to have some kind of growth serum... and if Jess is involved, she won't let anything bad happen to us, I promise"

Jake nodded. With that, I deposited him between my breasts again while I made the call. Every now and then I could feel his movements as he shifted in my bra and made me briefly tingle. It wasn't a nagging thing but just something that needed getting used to.

I held the phone with a stonecold look on my face, worrying about this. I contemplated hanging up but I let it ring. Finally, there was a click on the other end and then some awkward silence.

"Jess?" I asked.

Finally, she spoke.

"Hey Kelly" Jess said, "What's up? Wasn't expecting to hear from you tonight... how are things going?"

"They've uh... been better..." I sighed, starting to pace around, laughing internally at Jake's reactions to my motions as my breasts unpredictably bounced him from side to side. He had a fair amount of weight for such a tiny thing. Only an ounce or two but I felt him down there. "Jess... are you alone right now?"

"Yeah" she said, "You should know I don't usually have wild party guests over on Saturday night"

"Just thought I'd check" I replied and took a deep breath. "I really need your help, Jess... like really, really..."

"What's the matter? Is everything alright?" Jess asked, adopting a dead serious tone. "Is it Kevin... did he hurt you?"

"You could say that..." I sighed, playfully nudging the underside of my breasts, to Jake's surprise. He smiled up at me. "Jess... things got really screwed up... and..."

"Kelly, you need to tell me what's happened... I can be there or wherever you need me to be... seriously, what happened?" Jess asked.

"You'd never believe me if I tried..." I sighed, biting my lip. Jake looked up at me confused. "I just need you to come down to kevin's place, please... you'll get all the explanation you need there..."

"You're at Kevin's?" Jess asked, "well, where is he?"

"He's gone..." I sighed, "and he won't be back ever again with any luck..."

Unfortunately that wasn't the case. I had no idea when Kevin would show his face again but I could only imagine and I didn't want to still be in the room when that happened. I couldn't bear to see him again, especially like this. Jess I trusted, but she was one of the few I could truly trust.

"Kelly, you need to be honest with me... did he hurt you? Are you defending him?" Jess asked.

"No, trust me... I'm doing anything but defending him" I said sternly, glancing down again at my little "honey" down in my breasts. I had definitely made the right choice, emotional or not. "I need you to come down to his place though, I'll give you the address, but you need to be here as fast as possible okay?"

"You know I've got you, girl" Jess replied, causing me to feel so much better at that moment, "I'll be right there, I promise..."

"Jess, one more thing?" I said, feeling more afraid all of a sudden. She waited on the line. "When you come.... walk slowly... watch your step... and maybe bring a magnifying glass..."



Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully you all enjoyed this chapter, as yet another evolution of Jake and Kelly's (or Lillian's depending on who you ask) relationship came to be. I thought it was important for the characters to make things "official" before moving on to the next matters at hand. What will be their fate? We'll just have to see, but as always I appreciate the support and reviews I've gotten for this story. They always help me continue on and I hope you all enjoy what I have in store next. 

Thanks again for reading and stay tuned for more!